Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2021

Oh damnit, I clicked something and lost the post! Hah!

TEKA! I was saying, yes! 84 sounds SO old, but I don't feel any different than I did like 20 or 30 years ago! And I still have my gardens and yard to fool around in, and play with my electric lawn mower, and gadgets that just make it all fun!

I moved a little tree & bush yesterday, to a different area.... from the parking, so now I have to get out the weed spray & clean-up a little around the rocks on the parking. At least we've been getting some much needed rain, and more expected today!

Our girls coming by today.... Sheri leaving for Orlando later on, but it has been so fun spending time with her, and our younger grand-son! Now I just have to clean out the refrigerator! So much food left-over which they bring, and just can't eat it all! We are so lucky to have Janie, that lives pretty close to us, and Sheri comes to visit when-ever she takes a break from Real Estate!

Our friends that we haven't seen in over 5 years, came by yesterday, and we had a fun visit! And nice to be able to sit out-doors with the cooler weather! It's like "little things" make us happier now! Heart

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited August 2021

NM, sorry about the kayak, but I'm glad you can just get a smaller one at least. Do you take Sadie in the kayak with you? Oh yikes, 2 1/2 hour layover, I would not like that. I'm usually pretty lucky and can find my flights to MI non stop. I've never had fish chowder before, clam yes, fish no. That aviation cocktail is sure pretty.

Bizzy Jazzy! Glad you had a nice evening for your concert. Where has the summer gone indeed. I think our kids go back next week. Sad about the 4 that died, we had 2. They finally found the teen.

Teka, I'd be happy with 39 or even 49!

Sandy, sorry about Cellars. Do you have another place in mind to frequent?

ED, did just one of your grand son's come? I thought they both were. Did your DH remember them and enjoy the visit? As for all the food, can you share with neighbors? Wishing you another great trip around the sun. You're one day in! Since I'm one day late! Happy Birthday my friend, I hope you had a nice day.

I need to go up to our warehouse in town, so I can try to have that darned sale. We may have it sold, and I have to have this sale the stuff out of there by the time I go to MI.

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited August 2021

Happy Funday Sunday gals- I am off to the farmers market and Lowes. Thought I would share this fun new single from Bruno Mars/Anderson Paak and silk sonic before I go.

Love the 1970s groove they are doing these days. I was hearing that roller skating has become big again in the pandemic.

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2021

No photo description available.

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2021

You guys, I had posted this on FB a couple years ago! If any of you try it, let me know.... Hah!

No Lori, only Chase came out... Brandon was supposed to, but the virus in the hospitals had taken all the beds, and in Orlando, there are so many unvaccinated people, and he was just afraid to come out here to see us! Chase was already here when they closed the hospitals! They have both had their shots, as have we & our girls, but that new variant is supposed to be worse than the first virus!

But we are planning on them coming out here in a few months! Hopefully! That is if enough idiots suddenly realize that it is for their OWN protection to be vaccinated, not only their friends & neighbors!

Sheri is going back to Orlando today.... wish she could stay here forever, but we talk everyday!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2021

Birthday Cat GIFs | TenorA LITTLE LATE BUT I STILL MEAN IT HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

• camillegal
    edited August 2021

HELLO

BEAVER GOOD NEWS FOR UR FAMILY IT'S SO GOOD TO HEAR....NOW ENJOY;

OMG LORI WHAT A TIME U HAD WITH UR DH LATELY AND CHEVY ALL THIS STUFF GOING ON WITH YOURS. DON'T U GALS HAVE MORE CONTROL IN UR HOMES. MAKE A TAPE THAT SAYS DRINK EVERY 5 SECONDS AND WHEN THEY DO FALL ASLEEP PLAY IT VERY QUIETLY AT LEAST 5 HRS.OR IT SAYS MY MOUTH IS SO DRY. U'LL SEE IT'LL WORK MY IDEAS ARE GOOD.

SANDY WHAT ATIME U HAD SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO ME.

ELDER I HAD SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU BUT NOW I FORGOT.

WELL MY NIECE'S LANDLORD GAVE THEM ANOTHER 30 DAYS AT LEAST SO I'VE BEEN A LITTLE RELIEVED ABOUT THAT. i DON'T UNDERSTAND THEY R LIFTING EVERYTHING FOR RENTING THIS WEEKEND BUT HOW WILL PEOPLE GET CAUGHT UP IN JUST A FEW DAYS WHO IN THE WORLD CAN COME UP WITH MONEY IF THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO WORK IN SUCH A SHORT TIME AND ON TOP OF IT EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE IT STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN. WTF THIS IS CRAZY. IT WAS ALL SOUNDING SO GOOD NOW PLACES R CLOSING WEARING MASKS ARE BACK AND WHO KNOWS WHAT' NEXT. iT'S OVER A YEAR AND PICKING UP AGAIN.

KIM SADIE TAKES MORE STUFF THAN U DO. SHE KNOWS UR GOING WE ALL KNOW THAT SHE'S WAY TO SMART NOT TO KNOW SHE ALWAYS CRACKS ME UP.

HELLO TO EVERYONE AND PRAYERS FOR ALL.

LUBS U ALL

• jazzygirl
    edited August 2021

Cami- I have been following the moretoreum on evictions and am very worried about this for so many. They said it's like 3 million people but think that number could be a lot more. People are not in a place to pay all the back rent and even pay going forward. I will keep your neice in my prayers. This pandemic sucks.

Going back to the hospital to work on site again today. Into the real time chaos we go.....

• goldie0827
    edited August 2021

Jazzy, my girlfriend and I went roller skating almost every weekend, sometimes both Fri and Sat nights. I hope things go smoothly at work.

Cute one Teka!

ED, that drink sounds yummy. I'm sorry your one GS couldn't come and I know what you mean about wishing your DD could stay forever. When my mom was alive, I called her everyday.

Cami, you were supposed to go for some tests, have you done that? Is your niece having a hard time finding something else to rent?

NM, are you leaving Wednesday?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908
    edited August 2021

Good Morning, Loungettes! Phew, am I tired! The presentation for class did not want to go well or easily, I spent almost 12 hours on it yesterday, several hours Friday and Thursday, and still needed 4 hours to finish it this ayem! But, it is done and submitted. I think the rest of the assignments are papers so that will be easier for the next 6 weeks.

Game plan for now is to ketchup here in the lounge, then get Sadie packed to go to cousin Dawna's tomorrow afternoon, and finish getting me packed to leave the house at 2 ayem Wednesday. My brother is picking me up in Charlotte and I'll get there in time for lunch. Which is good cuz I'm not really sure when breakfast is going to fit in, nothing open at the airport from 4 to 6 ayem, hopefully I can find something at JFK during the 7:23 to 8:40 layover. Probably easier to take something with me to eat.

Sadie knows something different is up. She's practically attached to me like velcro! It's been an awful long time since I left her with anyone, I hope she'll be ok.

Jazzy--yup, countdown to school starting is on! The idea of flash flooding like that terrifies me. Water is unstoppably powerful when it wants to be. Sounds like a lot of moving around for your team. Do the moves make sense for the work or is it just a space thing? The concert and visit sound like a marvelous weekend!

Chi--It can be so sad to see favorite eating places close down. One of mine not only closed down, but got torn down, too. In place of the iconic diner that used to host antique car shows in the parking lot is now a parking lot next to a vacant lot. I'm with you on the mask wearing. Going to need to wear them when school starts up again, so no big change for me anyway.

Chevy--sounds like the visit is going well. It seems like too much food is always part of family get-togethers. Happy Birthday, again!

Goldie--I never have taken Sadie in the kayak with me. I won't do something like that for the first few times by myself, until I know how she would react, so there's someone else around to help in case of disaster. Never had an opportunity come up to do that. It probably would work better now than when she was younger and spryer. She's much less likely to try to jump out and dump me now! Woops, I must have typo'd, the layover is about an hour and a quarter, not 2 hours. I actually don't mind layovers of a couple of hours or so, lets me meander from gate to gate rather than rush and worry about not making it. I like to visit the shops and sometimes find a nice little restaurant. Most of that stuff is closed at all the airports now, though. Congrats on selling the warehouse! Good luck getting all the goods gone!

WOW, what a Birthday spread for Chevy!!!!

Jazzy--whodathunk roller skating would come back in style?

Teka--LOL!!!!

Chevy--Hmmm, cinnamon whiskey, sounds fiery!

Cammy Cat--That is one staticky kitty! Is your niece having rent trouble because of COVID? It seems like there should be some program to help with that, there have been so many relief programs set up. I pray she gets things worked out. Yup, Sadie will be traveling with more than I am, at least space wise. I have a rolling carryon that has a backpack that zips onto it, I can pack enough for 2 weeks in it. Zip together to go through the airport, zip off the backpack to put under the seat in front and put the rest up in the overhead bin and I've got all my entertainment stuff where I can reach it during the flight. It's very convenient. Sadie's gear will fill up the back of Jeep Sapphire!

Goldie--yup, Wed. I take Sadie tomorrow peeyem, come home, try to take a nap, head out for the airport about 2 ayem, I'm hoping I can get most of this coming week's classwork done in the airports and on the flights. But I'll probably end up napping. We'll have to wait and see.

image alt="Try the Cherry Bounce, the official cocktail of Raleigh">

Cherry Bounce: A Cocktail for North Carolina

INGREDIENTS

• 1½ oz. cherry vodka
    • 2 oz. cranberry juice
    • ½ oz. fresh lime juice
    • Club soda
    • 1 cherry, for garnish

PREPARATION

1. Fill a shaker with ice. Add vodka, cranberry juice, and lime juice. Shake and strain into a tall glass filled with ice. Top with club soda and garnish with cherry.

From <https://gardenandgun.com/recipe/cherry-bounce-a-cocktail-for-north-carolina/>

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,306
    edited August 2021

NM - have a WONDERFUL time!!! You are certainly due a nice vacation.

• jazzygirl
    edited August 2021

NM- have a great time on your trip to visit your brother and SIL. Sadie will miss you but will have others to give her belly rubs while you are taking a much needed vaca!

• camillegal
    edited August 2021

Why Do People Like Funny Cat Gifs - Cats Dogs Blog

• nativemainer
    edited August 2021

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Twofer Tuesday! Game plan for today is to finish packing up Sadie, finish my packing, take Sadie to cousin's, comehome, take a nap (or try to) then head out for the airport at Oh Dark Hundred ayem. Just checked in and have my boarding passes on my phone. Was going to print out a copy as a back up, but the printer is not playing again. I got it working yesterday, will try to play with that later if I need something to do. I am taking my iPad, need it to work on classwork, and probably will pop on periodically during vaca, but it probably won't be daily. I will be thinking of everyone and saying prayers daily, however.

Thanks, Jazzy & Minus!I am looking forward to a nice change of scenery!

image alt="">

Jimmy's Jetplane

Mixed Drink Recipe from Cocktail Builder

1/4 oz of Lime Juice

1 oz of Hpnotiq liqueur

1/2 oz of Midori melon liqueur

2 oz of Pineapple Juice

1/2 oz of sourz apple liqueur

Shake all ingredients and strain into a highball glass full of ice. Garnish with a lemon wheel and an aeroplane shaped candy. The perfect candy is a gummi like substance that comes in many colours.

From <https://www.cocktailbuilder.com/recipe/jimmys-jetplane>

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited August 2021

Kim - have a great time!

Denver is required all school employees, public and private, as well as other city employees must be vaccinated by September 30. Still no definitive word on masks for my school district, but I'm guessing it will be yes.

We got back from visiting our daughter #2 late (midnight) Sunday night - 2.5 delayed in EWR. We were up 26 hours. Yesterday I was beyond jet lagged- brain wasn't working too well. This morning, I feel human. Lots to do in the next 2 weeks before the 21-22 school year starts - some personal, some work.

Wishing everyone a great day. Stay well and stay cool. We are due for much needed rain today - way too many 100 days this summer.

Happy birthday Chevy!

• camillegal
    edited August 2021

MORNIN'

WOW LORI U GUYS HAVE REALLY WRAPPED UP ALOT OF THINGS PRETTY QUICKLY THE USUAL I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT ALL. I DIDN'T THINK U'D SELL SO FAST. LEAVE IT TO YOU LORI TO GET THINGS DONE AND NO I HAVEN'T TAKEN MY TESTS YET AND THAT'S MY PACE.

KIM U'VE GOT ENOUGH FOR WEEKS FOR U AND SADIE. IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE U'VE LEFT HER BUT I KNOW SHE'LL BE FINE SHE'S FUN TO BE AROUND AND IT'LL BE FUN FOR ANYONE WHO HAS HER. LOTS OF BELLY RUBS FOR HER . HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY TRIP AND RELAX CUZ WHEN U COME BACK U'LL START ALL OVER AGAIN, i'm such a happy camper.LOL

HEY TEKA

JAZZY U'R ANOTHER ONE ALL OVER THE PLACE. SO WORK HAS U INTO ANOTHER WORLD AGAIN. I HOPE IT'S A GOOD ONE FOR SURE.

LESLIE CAME IN MY ROOM AND ASKED ME IF I COULD SEND A MESSAGE OUT TO AT LEAST 7 PEOPLE AT ONE TIME. MY ANSWER 'OF COURSE NOT' WELL SOMEHOW I DID AND IT IMPLIED JOEY WAS MISSING. SHE'S GETTING TEXTS ALL ABOUT I DON;T KNOW HELPING TO FIND HIM OR SOMETHING....HE WAS IN HIS ROOM NATURALLY WELL JOEY MADE ME FEEL BETTER ALL HE SAID WAS MAMMA DON'T FEEL BAD, EVERYONE KNOWS IT'S YOU, BRAT

JEEZ SANDY I HATE TO HEAR SO MANY PLACES ARE CLOSING DOWNTOWN OF ALL PLACES. RIGHT WHEN EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE IN PLACE IT'S LIKE IT'S STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN AND IT IS.

HOPING EVERYONE HAS A GOOD DAY.

LUBS U ALL

• goldie0827
    edited August 2021

Cami, what a cute kitty.

NM, enjoy your trip. I didn't figure you would be on much while away. I too always print out my boarding pass, just in case! I'm sure Sadie will be just fine. You write here sometimes about how you fell asleep in your recliner, but now that you are PLANNING a nap, it probably won't happen! Sleeping on the plane, I can't do it.

Karen, welcome home. 26 hours is a long time to be up, yikes!

• camillegal
    edited August 2021

Cats doing funny things cute and funny cats gifs #3 - cuteanimalshare.com

• nativemainer
    edited August 2021

Good Morning, Loungettes!

Well, I'm in the air between JFK and Charlotte. The flight into JFK landed at the same gate this flight took off from. Actually, it's the very same plane, just with a different crew. I'm even in the same seat! I'm really looking forward to seeing kid brother and his wife. I dropped aide off at my cousin's yesterday peeled. Moved her in with a crate, a couple of pillows, toys, food, din-din and water dishes. She obviously knew something was going on. You should have seen the look she gave me when I said good bye and left her there. But she'd settled down and taken over the couch by the time I got home. She slept through the night on the couch, has been out and walked and fed and seemed to be doing just fine this ayem, according to the pic and note I got.

Karen—boy that was some trip home! I bet your glad it's over! My school district hasn't required vaccination for staff, but we do have a new state requirement to report monthly the percentage of staff vaccinated. A quick, informal count shows my district's staff is more than 80% vaccinated. Masking for everyone while inside the school was mandated by the superintendent yesterday.

Clammy Cat—oh, my, I can just picture you sending out a mass e-mail or text implying Joey was missing! He reaction sounds so typical.

Goldie— you called it exactly! Had a bit of a time falling asleep, but I did get a couple of hours. Enough to make the drive bearable. Now that I've got this posting done I think I will see if I can get a nap.

Later, ladies!

• camillegal
    edited August 2021

MORNIN;

KAREN WELCOME HOME AND KIM BON VOYAGE ALL IN THE SAME DAY. KAREN I HOPE U HAVE SOME PICS AND KIM I HOPE U TAKE SOME WOW U GALS R MOVIN' AND SHAKEN' RIGHT NOW. WELL I'M NOT GOING ANY PLACE

LESLIE GOT HER OPERATION AND SHE WA WAITING TO HEAR FROM JODIE, OH NOT A BIG LONG THING, JUST A LITTLE THING BUT NOT A WORD BOY IS SHE HURT ON THIS ONE. I DON'T KNOW I NOW REALLY FEEL LIKE I SHOULD APOLOGIZE. NOT FOR WHAT I SAID BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT FF. IT'S ALL TRUE BUT MY MOUTH SHOULD HAVE STAYED CLOSED THIS TIME. I DIDN'T HELP ANYTHING I JUST MADE IT MUCH WORSE..I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE TO HELP THE SITUATION NOT SABOTAGE EVERYTHING. I'LL GIVE IT A COUPLE OF MORE DAYS THEN SOMEHOW I'LL SAY SOMETHING OF COMFORT TO JODIE {OR TRY] LES TALKS ABOUT IT EVERYDAY.

I'M NOT HEARING TO MUCH HERE,,, HOW IS EVERYONE FEELING??? I HAVE A TASTE FOR COCONUT CREAM PIE NO NOT A PIECE A WHOLE PIE {A LITTLE MUCH RIGHT} SEE HOW EXCITING MY LIFE IS???

HOPING EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY.

LUBS U ALL

• goldie0827
    edited August 2021

Cami, somehow I missed your post about Joey being lost. Leave it to you! And as for that "pace", you better step it up and get those tests girlie! Love how Joey comforted you, but then you call him brat. Well, I'm calling you brat! As for Jodie, is she only mad at Leslie? I guess if you can pour salt in the wound and it will make things better, perhaps suck it up, bend over backwards (hang on to your pole) and apologize.

NM, you should be at baby brothers by now. Glad you checked in and Sadie seems to be managing just fine, but I'm sure she misses you. I hope you were able to get a nap in, either before the flight or on it. Check in when you can, but most of all...ENJOY! I too am hoping for some pictures.

Cami, as for the business, it's not written in stone yet. It's our accountant and her boyfriend who want to buy it, but neither have any money and they are our age. Both have had to file bankruptsy, horrible credit, so can't get a loan or credit cards. We had to take out a loan for the business and then IF they do take the business, then they pay the loan. But we got the money. It's just a big ole fluster cluck.

You say you want a whole pie, but I bet you would only take a few bites.

I went over to the warehouse in town, where I have everything for that garage sale that never happened. Sweeping to get all the mouse droppings picked up and for it to look presentable. I have to have the sale and the building empty by the time I go to MI., so new buyer can start moving stuff in there to cont. the business. Off tomorrow for appts. it will be all day. I finally got my meds for the injections, I'm only 2 months late.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited August 2021

Cami - don't worry, I'll post pictures. Got to see what is on the computer as all the photos were taken on my phone. I backed up my phone so hopefully they are on the computer and will post. Sometimes I have trouble on the computer.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited August 2021

Karen, welcome home. How was Israel? You managed to squeak in there just before they stopped letting Americans in.

Kim, have fun in NC! I hope you're close to the mountains--I miss them more than I miss ocean. (Soooo FLAT here).

Cami, I live on the far North Side near the lake, not downtown. Still, there are fewer and fewer places we can walk to that won't wreck my diet. (At the weigh-in, pleasantly surprised to find I lost 5 lbs. since June).

Lori, once Cellars closes, the only places in walking distance are the 70-yr-old Moody's Pub (3 outdoor beer gardens, mostly burgers, big portion, IMHO kinda "meh") and Mas Alla Del Sol, where we ate last night--upscale Mexican, though not quite Rick Bayless-caliber. Next door to it is the Indian-Italian fusion place Mango Pickle, which made it into Michelin's Bib Gourmand guide 2 yrs, in a row but has yet to reopen since it shuttered in Apr. 2020. (WTTW's "Check, Please" diner panel pretty much savaged it--one guy dissed the small portions, another thought the service was indifferent, and the one Indian lady said "interesting but definitely not Indian--when I want Indian food I go to a real Indian restaurant. I don't think it ever bounced back. Personally, I agree with the Indian panelist). Between there & home are Little Corner (classic neighborhood greasy spoon diner not open for dinner), Indie Cafe (good sushi & Thai but somewhat pricy); Cookies & Carnitas (which was under construction for 5 yrs. It has Mexican street food but, inexplicably, no carnitas! Lotsa huge cookies, though, also selling them at the farmers' market). Patio Gyros take-out--closed Sunday, cash only. Good Greek salads & roast chicken if they don't run out--but closes at 8pm. Next to it is a branch of Wing Stop--overpriced tiny winglets, but any port in a storm. And Edge of Sweetness bakery--totally verboten for me, except for coffee (which I make pretty darn well myself).

Heading in the opposite direction: 2 bl. north are Jimmy John's (nope), Milo's Pitas (passable shwarma, falafel & hummus) and Susupuato (open sporadically but good cheap authentic Mexican, albeit starchy as all get-out). 3 bl. north, there's the venerable Swedish breakfast joint Ann Sather's--which closes at 2pm. It is known for its cinnamon rolls (which used to be free with anything you ordered, even coffee). Along Granville there used to be a restaurant called Revival Social Club, which closed in mid-2019, replaced with locavore burger joint Farm Bar, which closed shortly after the spring 2020 shutdown and hasn't been replaced by anything. Next door is yet another combo sushi-Thai joint. Kitty-corner is Pete's Pizza (which is terrible unless you're nursing a hangover, chugging beers or pulling an all-nighter during exam week at Loyola U.).Walking east past the CTA station are Flaco's Tacos (big portions, pitchers of Margaritas, wildly popular with Loyola students, but definitely downscale albeit not Taco Bell), DAK Korean (sticky gooey sweet spicy wings--a no-no for me), and another block east--open only till 8--Metropolis Coffee & Tea, my source for coffee & espresso beans. They used to roast on-site, but as their roasting business grew they had to move the roastery off-site. Can't eat their food, though--sweet & savory pies, turnovers, cookies, all too carby. (The story of my life, especially when it comes to Italian & Mexican). Across from them is yet another Thai restaurant. OK but not worth the half-mile walk.

There is a seasonal beachfront shack cafe (burgers, sandwiches, coffee) which is outdoor-only. I played there once when they had live music.

But with the Delta variant surging, and people deciding to stay home or order to go rather than wear masks indoors in restaurants, there may be another wave of closures.

Anyway, yesterday's DOTD at Mas Alla (where I was able to keep low-carb) was cava. Tonight with the surf & turf dinner I cooked, Mumm DVX 2015 sparkling rosé.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    edited August 2021

Hey - been thinking about my best support system here on BCO, and see so many of you are on this thread. Shoulda known y'all would be on a thread about the sauce! Winking

Hope everyone is well, staying safe, and not lost that last bit of sanity yet. (or buried your partner in the back yard because you are so tired of their faces.)

<3 jeni

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,306
    edited August 2021

Oh JWoo - good. Another Texan. I lurk on your hill country thread and will drive to meet you when we finally get clear of this virus. In fact I usually only lurk here too.

• jazzygirl
    edited August 2021

Hi JWoo- nice to see you here again and hope you are staying well through all this crazy.....

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    edited August 2021

Hey Jazzy! Hope you are doing great.

Lots of the old night owls here. <3

And YES MinusTwo- I'll see if I can convince everyone to head to at least Bastrop on our next outing. We missed our tiny window of opportunity in June/July to meet up, now, who knows how long it will be. But you are absolutely most welcome!

I'm surviving, and getting a lot of projects done around the house since I can't go anywhere. But maaaan, I miss my friends and family. I'll be glad when we can get this somewhat under control. I know it's never going to go away, but, at least getting to flu numbers would be nice.

In the meantime, enjoy this photo of Jason Mamoa eating a carrot:

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited August 2021

Jeni, that may be a picture I may never be able to unsee. Freud would have a field day!

Last night (Thurs.) was a perfect al fresco dining day. Had my usual cava at Cellars. Tonight we headed to our favorite little BYOB French joint for an early dinner, after they didn't answer their phone, only to find they're closed till Aug. 10 (prendre les vacances à l'âout? As French as it gets)! Hopped in the car, booted up Open Table and found a table at Mon Ami Gabi. Snagged it, and assumed they still hadn't resumed valet parking after six months, so I immediately pounced on SpotHero and scored a space in the lot two blocks away. Well, I shoulda called: as I rounded the corner I saw a valet parking stand...for two bucks less than the self-park I'd booked. We needed the steps, though, and I'd have tipped the valet two bucks so it was a wash. DOTD was Marquis de la Tour brut rosé.

• goldie0827
    edited August 2021

JWoo, hi and welcome. You should hang around and make some more friends! What kind of "sauce" do you like? Feel free to post all the good looking men you like!

Leaving for Phoenix tomorrow. DH's girls/families will be there, as their maternal grandfather passed. We booked thier rooms with our points. Have my treatment on Monday and will head home Thursday.

Quiet here in the lounge, where is everyone?

DOTD: Lonely Bull

1 1/2 oz. Patron Reposado tequila

1 1/2 oz. Coffee Liqueur

3/4 oz. Single cream / half and half

3/4 oz. Milk

Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into ice filled glass.

Dust with grated nutmeg.

Product image

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2021

Hey little JWow! So good to see you hanging out! Yes, me too... I mean trying to organize our spare garage, under the kitchen sink, and just all kinds of stuff going on! AND working in my gardens while it is cool in the mornings.

You take care & keep posting! xoxoxo