Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Options

Comments

• littlecatsfeet
    littlecatsfeet Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I must be so old. The only man who gets me going (besides DH :-) is Sean Connery.

Leslie. . . I'm melting, melting. . .
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited August 2006
    Options

Is it time for Kum ba yah(sp?), yet?? Feel like a s'more. The fire's hot and marshmallows are ready.

• 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited August 2006
    Options

i'm busy with dave........sing amongst yourselves!!!!!!! lol!

• Deese
    Deese Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Brenda, absolutely beautiful! I was there for a few precious moments!

Peggy, dancing cowboys...OH MY GOSH! And Sharon was hot in that show!

Time to get these chaps off and apply baby powder! Magic fingers gonna feel good tonight. Need to pray under the star filled heavenly sky first.

Much love,
    Denise
  • Sandra1957
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Praying with you Denise. Can't see the stars quite yet, but I will be praying for you and all here as soon as they come out.

lini
  • 2up
    edited August 2006
    Options

taking a break to send many good thoughts to denise!

• Mena
    Mena Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Where is Rhyme? Anyone?...why isn't she here? I'm just verklempt by all of this, as I'm sure many others are...also very antsy...onc visit and new (6th) chemo tomorrow...

Yes, kumbaya would be comforting. So would whiskey, but xanax will have to do for tonight. Oh, btw, Sheryl Crow is on Larry King at 10 for anyone that cares to watch...while you're on watch, of course...keep one eye on the campsite.

I read these posts and feel like I'm actually camping out with you guys...feels very safe and loving...wish I could have you all here in my living room. One big sleepover...all of us together...funny how a computer can make such a difference, and I tell you it does.

I am crying, but what's new lately...

I hate guns, but in this venue, I kinda like the idea of Alaskadeb all pissed off with her extra bullets hahahaha...thanks for that visual.

I'm bunkering down for the night and just checked in for some good lovin' from you all. Is that sick or what? I miss Rhyme, though...gonna call her now...

Take care, everyone...Peggy, your pics are awesome...bring me Bon Jovi in a cowboy get-up!

I love you all. You are so special and what a difference you make in my life. You all should know that!...Mena...xo
  • Sandra1957
    edited August 2006
    Options

Sweet dreams, Mena....

• Member_of_the_Club
    Member_of_the_Club Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2006
    Options

And mena, we're all on the Group W bench with you. (You can get anything you want . . .")

• suzie14
    suzie14 Member Posts: 208
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Sleep well dear, Mena, we are on the watch.

Carrie, so happy Denise has found a surgeon she is more comfortable with.

Hugs to all ny sistahs................suzie
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited August 2006
    Options

Just checking on everyone. I see we gonna have a "hot" night with these fellows showing up. Maybe you youngins will be worn out by the time this senior comes on duty. I will be on late shift again - "hot flashes" seem to appear at bedtime. The night air is gonna feel goooooood.

• silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Pulling my wagon into the circle.....

Prayers, peace and love for all of us. (And biscuits---somebody did say biscuits, right?)
  • 2up
    edited August 2006
    Options
    where IS rhymee???????

if it's a computer glitch again, i'll fedex her my old pc laptop.........NO JOKE!!!!!!

we can't possibly burn the midnight oil without her!

mena.......thanks for the "heads up"!
  • Naniam
    edited August 2006
    Options

I've wondered about rhymee too and also debfive.Carrie, thanks for updating us on Denise.

• marla13
    marla13 Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Just checking back in to see what's going on. Someone pass the s'more stuff! I'm in desperate need for some CHOCOLATE!!! I really enjoy these campouts! Dave Navarro is hot and so is Johnny Depp! Keanau Reeves ain't too bad either!

Marla
  • marla13
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Let's see if this works!

• csp
    csp Member Posts: 119
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Heres the chocolate

And a little Johnny to go with it !

hugs,
    Carrie
  • marla13
    edited August 2006
    Options

Ladies...I brought some "entertainment"! MY MY MY!
  • marla13
    edited August 2006
    Options

Whoo hoo...thanks Carrie! The chocolate is delicious! So is Johnny! LOL

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Ok ladies, doesn't sound like anyone is going to sleep tonight...how about some peach cobbler or maybe a bailey's and coffee? For all of you needing support tonight, can you feel the love wrapping arms around you?

Margaret
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Coming on for duty...
    you all can keep Dave and Johnny
    I'll take Bruce Springsteen!

Mena- GOOD LUCK TOMORROW GIRL!!!
    DENISE! So glad you found a doc you like!!!
    Rhymee? Where are you?! We know you need us! Come to the circle- Deb will hold her fire. Don't know if she can hold her moonshine but she can hold her fire!

Pay no attention to the strange noises you hear in the outhouse- it's just Dave- AGAIN.

I am ready to take my watch but want to grab some peach cobbler before Marla gives it all to Sam.
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'll take a bailey's and coffee over here. I set down the shotgun and said a few prayers. I pray for peace to settle over all the weary and healing for the sick. I pray for comfort for all of us.

The sun just broke through a huge bank of the blackest clouds you can imagine...like a golden floodlight. I think tomorrow will be a sunny day.

Deb C.
  • bearlysane111
    bearlysane111 Member Posts: 592
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm with you NS and we can listen to Bruce sing-man,he can belt out that Born in the USA for us or anything else he chooses. And Carrie,would sure like to have some of those chocolates or Johnny Depp--second thought,both sounds good.
    Of course that would be a Diet drink to go w/it,of course caffeine free if it's available..

Thinking of you Mena,Denise,Robin,Rhymeee and all the other special people tonight.Sleep well as your friends are here and special thoughts are being said for you.
    -----------

Iris
  • gwenn
    gwenn Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2006
    Options
    What a wonderful group of women you all are!

Little cats feet, Im 29 and LOVE sean connery! Whoo Hoo!
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I haven't been around much today. I needed to get away. Ya'll have fun partying tonite. I'm going to find a place to get some sleep. Good night.

Susan
  • JoanofArdmore
    JoanofArdmore Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Sleep well, Susan.You deserve it.

Here's the owl to join night shift.I'll bein & out, because I'm still working around.
    But I WILL b armed and riding myfaithful horse Lightning Foot aroun d the perimeter, guarding against the beast that creeps by darkness.

Wanna hear about Lightning Foot?
    He is jet black, and has a white zigzag on right foreleg.
    He is 60 years old and counting.Because he was my childhood fantasy horse when I was tiny.(Too small to know what kind of a horse he was!)We usd toride around with Hopalong,and Gene Autry a lot.In my dreams.
    I could have a horse much more easily than I could have a gun.But to guard these women against this beast, I am armed to the teeth.Hey, I'd throw grenades, or firebombs, whateever is needed.HAAAATE the beast.
    Hi Mena, Love.I'm glad you feel cared-for.We WILL be around until this fu**er backs off.You girls are doing your part,we'll do ours.
    Gonna tak a few spins around the perimeter.Lightning Foot is more than fast, he is quiet.I have to make sure nothing is sneaking through the thickets.
    WHY won't Rhymeee come here?
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited August 2006
    Options

Checkin' in, checkin' out the campfire and all of those around it. Keeping out a watchful eye for all of our sisters in need. If you hear any thing in them woods, check before shooting. The only thing we are out to get is the beast. With all the bc sisters and gorgeous men in attendance tonight. we must be careful.

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I have put in a full day of watching, and praying. It's time to hit the bedroll. The fire will keep us all warm. Goodnight dear ladies.

Deb C.
  • Naniam
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Thought I would relieve some of you gals. NS, Joan, Deb, see you made it here ahead of me, sorry I am late. Thanks for leaving some of that delicious chocolate for us late gals - I see the guys though are not in sight. Wonder which one will be frying the ham and eggs in the morning? Ready for a warm biscuit too.

The rain has slowed as was pretty heavy last night but is now just a sprinkling off and on. I figure heaven just had to release those tears that went with our prayers. I see a few stars now trying to give some light to the darkness. I look around and see all these wagons in the glow from the fire - they are from Alaska, NY, Cal.,Mo,PA,NC,GA, DC, Ohio, Wis.,more than I can count. All the wagons are different otherwise too, some are young; some older, all have traveled a long hard road; some seem a little more worn from a longer trip but all form a circle of love and friendship that only being "sisters" from BC can bring. There is warmth by the fire; many still aren't resting well and join the circle from time to time and then leave again. As the reflection of the fire plays across their faces I see eyes that know pain; set jaws that show strength; and arms wrapped around legs as if to give hugs to those in their thoughts. They make me proud to be here.

The fire burns, the circle keeps growing, we are here sisters; we are here.
  • JoanofArdmore
    JoanofArdmore Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Hi Brenda,
    We had some tears from the heavens too, just a few minutes ago.And here it is strangely active for 3AM.It is not as quiet as usual at this hour.But the crickets and cicadas are louder!
    I'm wishing we hear from Robin tomorrow.I hope her new chemo is not too hard.I remember my first few nights and days after chemo I always felt pretty peppy and good, from all the drugs they gave me WITH the chemo.Taxotere I felt the BEST after chemo, from all the decadron.I did windows, got all my housework&laundry done.
    I'm hoping to see Robin tomorrow-maybe at eggs and bacon time!
    Meanwhile, Lord, I'm lifting her up for you to watch over.