Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Options

Comments

• Liezel
    Liezel Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

While you are all sleeping, I'll pick up the watch over here. Sending healing thoughts and lots of love to all our sisters who need it today. Cold over here, so I have a huge fire going!!

Peacefull sleep to all of you....

Liezel
    Cape Town
  • gsg
    gsg Member Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Quote:

Is it time for Kum ba yah(sp?), yet?? Feel like a s'more. The fire's hot and marshmallows are ready.

• gsg
    gsg Member Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Quote:

Just checking back in to see what's going on. Someone pass the s'more stuff! I'm in desperate need for some CHOCOLATE!!! I really enjoy these campouts! Dave Navarro is hot and so is Johnny Depp! Keanau Reeves ain't too bad either!

Marla

and did someone say chocolate? here ya go, marla. lol.

• pennylane
    pennylane Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2006
    Options

Dear No Surrender...Thank you so much for including me...it means so much to me coming from you...I have looked forward to reading your gritty passionate posts for months now. And of course my humble thanks to all of you..was finally able to cry after a few weeks of Lexapro/haze/mania...feel so much like a human again...Now may I join in and get pissed and kick beast-butt and just keep all of us safe and warm and well...and now and then wish we can feel the simple joy of being carefree again...Love you all

• christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited August 2006
    Options

I'm back. insomnia or 5 hours sleep is enough for the post-menopausal. Maybe a quick check in and back to bed. I think I caught some of Chemosabi's cold out here on the trail. Glad to see all is quiet on the front. Hopefully all sisters are resting peacefully.

• christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited August 2006
    Options

Thought I'd find Rhymeee, up and lurking 'round these here parts, but I see she didn't post at all yesterday. Hope all is well.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Morning watch has arrived. My usual wake up time. We stand strong together. Enjoying my first cup of coffee here. That first cup always tastes great, especially when brewed over an open fire.

OMG - ladies beware. This cold I have is a nasty one and I have been coughing and sneezing into the computer. Hope you dont get it.

In about an hour, I'll be putting some bacon in the frying pan. Always nice to wake up to the smell of bacon.

To all my sisters who are in distress - we are here for you. We are gonna kick cancers butt.

Nicki
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Nicki- Too late picked up the cold a couple days ago. Must have been the coffee.

I'm up early this morning I'll start the biscuits and gravy. Oh, I forgot, I hate to cook. Maybe I'll go feed the critters.

lini
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Hey Lini, you feed the critters, I'll cook. Waffles, pancakes, eggs, homefries, corn beef hash, biscuits with gravy, strawberries, blueberries and MOONSHINE!

Can you tell I'm hungry!!!

Hope all our circled girls slept well last night.
    Hugs all
    Vickie
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited August 2006
    Options

Ok I'm back on watch. Let our sisters sleep and heal. Just finished breakfast and rounding the camp with my trusty dog Ted, keeping our eyes and ears open. I'll be ready for our special thoughts tonight.

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I can join in on the cooking and add some sausage to that along with some good homemade maple syrup. Should have known being from the south I would have to add something that is fried.

Heres hoping all is well with everyone as we keep this peaceful watch going. I have to do the sit down watch or ride my donkey because the mets that has recently started in my leg (pelvic area) cuts down on my walking but my faithful donkey Molly will get me where I need to go. She said we might need to add some watermelon to our breakfast and she can take care of all the rinds we don't eat.

Hope everyone has a good day and I will be on watch for a bit now as soon as breakfast is finished. Amy
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited August 2006
    Options

Amy, I'll take Molly with us on our walk so you can rest also. I think he and Ted will be friends.

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm here to watch for a little while before going to work and I'll drop back in sometime during the day. Watermelon is a good idea - I'll have some in Diane's honor. Rest well those that have been up all night and I'll see the rest soon.

Margaret
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I’m ready for my morning watch. I’ve decided to take a little bit different tact today. I’m leaving the shotgun by the fire and taking my sense of humor on my walk instead. I’ve heard the beast can’t stand laughter, so humor is my weapon of choice today.

Laugh, Love, LIVE!

we can do this ladies!!

Deb C.
  • Sandra1957
    edited August 2006
    Options

Lots and lots and lots and lots of laughter!!!!!

• DoreenF
    DoreenF Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Lots of smiles, love and laughter ... if that keeps the beast away we'll knock him down for sure....

I'm ready for that breakfast you guys are cooking ... Yumm... Yumm... Yumm....

Lots of positive energy, love, healing thoughts for our sisters in need...
    Doreen
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Ok I'm here for the afternoon watch. Got my old fighting spirit back.
    Brenda are you saying I have an old wagon?? LOL too funny. I like your writing.
    Joan, sounds like you got a real nice horse there.
    Miss Robin, miss rhymeee

Ya'll have a great day. We are all protecting and comforting each other.

Susan
  • fancy2
    fancy2 Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2006
    Options

I'll watch with you, Susan. We'll keep the camp safe from the Beast for sure.

• PoohRN1962
    PoohRN1962 Member Posts: 176
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm here for the afternoon watch.

Had to leave the circle last night, and go to a James Taylor concert. When he sang "Sweet Baby James" (his "cowboy lullabye"), I dedicated it to all of my "Circle Sisters." I thought of you all here, in the wagon circle, and said a little prayer...for ALL of us.

I'm sure James didn't mind.
  • crami2
    crami2 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2006
    Options

So many sisters struggling! I will bring the coffee and pie for after dinner, someone needs to take the later watch, since I am on the west coast I will still be up when many are ready to bed down for the night I will help with that, maybe someone can take over at 2:30? We need a few dogs to join the circle to help warn us of the "critters" sneaking up on our fire! I would bring mine but he is a real chicken!

• Sandra1957
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'll join you Cheryl. I'll bring my Pennydog. She's the best. She helped get rid of my "critter". I know she did.

lini
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited August 2006
    Options

I will bring my two German Shepherds...Maggie and Tia...NOTHING chicken about the two of them, they will keep everyone safe. Gotta watch Tia though...she thinks she's a lap dog and will play fetch endlessly.

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I have Ginger on patrol with me. She seems to have forgotten that she is a fluffy little cocker spaniel. Last month she chased a brown bear out of our yard!!! She is also especially good at cuddling with anyone who needs a little extra lovin’.

Deb C
  • csp
    csp Member Posts: 119
    edited August 2006
    Options
    UPDATE DEBBYFIVE:

HI BUCKA ROO'S
    I got a message from Debbyfive today
    and here is a part of her message ......

"my oldest son had a car wreck, a COALTRUCK, hit him in the rear, and totaled his weeeeeee little sports car, BUT GOD, took care of my baby!

i ask for PRAYERS the devil, is really after me, so i would love it if you ask the sisters for me and my family for prayers. i go in the hospital today, to have many test, i know that with the power of GOD AND MY PRECIOUS ANGELS, i will have clean results, i miss all of you so much, i know that soon i will be back praying with all of my sisters, please tell them that i still pray all the time for all of them."

I would never ever post personal messages on the boards but I know this part she would say to you herself
    so keep the wagons circled Ladies ~

hugs,
    Carrie
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited August 2006
    Options
    ok here is one of my pups, an austrailian cattle dog that doesnt mind helping out and also a picture of the baby donkey that is very curious about everything and will be a great watch donkey.
    Austrailian Cattle dog kissing the baby donkey:

Sending lots of positive thoughts to everyone as we keep a close watch out for this nasty beast.

Amy
  • AZmom
    AZmom Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2006
    Options

I was dragged kicking and screaming into the new Cabellas outdoor store that opened BUT I did find premade smore's, all packed up nicely and ready to warm over the fire. Chocolate, marshmallows and good friends, can it get any better? Jenene

• csp
    csp Member Posts: 119
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Quote:

The rain has slowed as was pretty heavy last night but is now just a sprinkling off and on. I figure heaven just had to release those tears that went with our prayers. I see a few stars now trying to give some light to the darkness. I look around and see all these wagons in the glow from the fire - they are from Alaska, NY, Cal.,Mo,PA,NC,GA, DC, Ohio, Wis.,more than I can count. All the wagons are different otherwise too, some are young; some older, all have traveled a long hard road; some seem a little more worn from a longer trip but all form a circle of love and friendship that only being "sisters" from BC can bring. There is warmth by the fire; many still aren't resting well and join the circle from time to time and then leave again. As the reflection of the fire plays across their faces I see eyes that know pain; set jaws that show strength; and arms wrapped around legs as if to give hugs to those in their thoughts. They make me proud to be here.

The fire burns, the circle keeps growing, we are here sisters; we are here.

You made me cry again !

hugs,
    Carrie
  • fd411
    fd411 Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Such a rough time for so many.

I was telling my dear friend how much praying I need to do for the breast cancer org ladies on the boards. He said you all need it more than him and to skip my prayer for him. I just told him there are enough prayers for everyone. So I have been praying alot for everyone.

Ferne
  • Sige
    Sige Member Posts: 334
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Quote:

Somebody else can have Pacino if Peggy can find Randy Andy for me.

LOL...they do look alike, don't they??

Hugs to all from work!!
    Peggy
  • chellebell66
    chellebell66 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2006
    Options

I'm bringing up the rear w/ another wagon from Iowa! I wish that I had found this site when I was diagnosed and going thru chemo. I don't know any of you, but I can tell you are my kinda friends! Praying for all of you!! HUGS, Michelle