Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

IM DONE WITH MY TREATMENT - NOW WHAT? INFO...

Options
12346»

Comments

• Cheryl123
    Cheryl123 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Options

This is wonderful information and I wish I had found this site before I started my journey. A year ago I had a double mastectomy. I was very fortunate as they got it early and I didn't need chemo or radiation. Unfortunately I did receive a major infection during the surgery which required another surgery to take out the spacers. Each surgery and proceedure afterwards had some type of complication. I now have my implants and am taking time to completely heal before finishing the cosmetic surgery. I have a question for everyone - have you found a comfortable way to sleep? I am not comfortable sleeping on my back, and when I sleep on my sides it is very uncomfortable. I have tried bras, body pillow but can't find something that works. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• katiec12
    katiec12 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options

Glad I came across this - it's reassuring to know the feelings I've had since completing radiation treatment are normal. Just out of sorts, or sometimes cranky, or at a loss of what to do. I really do have to find something else to occupy my body and mind.

• 123JustMe
    123JustMe Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Bump
  • rnssp74
    rnssp74 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks for the information! Exactly how I have been feeling....active treatment is done, now what do I do? Everyone else seems to have moved on, yet I am still figuring out what moving on looks like.

• mybee333
    mybee333 Member Posts: 672
    edited January 2017
    Options

This is such a great original OP. So am bumping up. Lots of good information here!

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,051
    edited January 2017
    Options

Men with breast cancer need to be aware that they have a 28% chance of developing prostate cancer as a second primary, so be sure to monitor your PSA.

• deedledee
    deedledee Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thank you. I needed this today. Bumping for others to find.

• Elijahgirl
    Elijahgirl Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2018
    Options

Thanks, this is very helpful

• Mama2BC
    Mama2BC Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2019
    Options

I have to put a disclaimer in this post before I get into to my question under this topic...I am fortunate to be in the place I am and I acknowledge there are much bigger "fish to fry" for other people, and maybe even myself. I am now 37. I was diagnosed with BC when I was pregnant and 34 when I was diagnosed with BC. Went through chemo, surgeries and radiation. I had my last reconstructive surgery a year ago. And right now, I am cancer free. So like I said, I am fortunate. I'm not sure if anyone else has felt this way, but even when I was diagnosed and in the trenches of treatment, I felt like there was a bigger purpose for this having happened specifically to me. Not getting into the science of all of it. Now that I am beyond the bulk of my treatment, I have been trying to navigate and sort through these feelings. It's not so much a depressed feeling. But I definitely feel a heaviness on my heart and a calling for something....not sure what...YET! That being said, I have spent time in the last year, reading the self-development books, watching video's, on the search for self-discovery, etc. Some of it has been great for mindset. But not a lot of action on my part. Admittedly, that's on me. I definitely need someone to keep me accountable. I am in a spot where I would like to would with a life coach, or spiritual coach. When you go through something like this, I almost feel like it should be integrated in our treatment. Anyway, here's my question...has anyone ever heard of financial resources that contributes to the cost of something like this? It is an investment. I know the investment can vary of course. It's not that I don't want to pay for some of it. It's my choice. I must be reasonable with that. But it is difficult to prioritize the cost of this, when there are so many other things in life that this could be used for. I'm not sure my husband gets it, so it's difficult to explain, and get him on board, with spending money on something like this. I could maybe save up for it, but it's tough to put in the waiting. When I have already had this heaviness/ calling for almost 3 years. I almost feel guilty bugging people with a question like this. But I suppose this is what happens for some people during survivorship. And I guess I just never know if someone knows of a grant or sort of scholarship. Thanks friends!

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    edited December 2019
    Options

bump

• missouricatlady
    missouricatlady Member Posts: 894
    edited January 2020
    Options

I finished HP last week. That's it... after over a year. I hugged a couple of folks I've met in the infusion room, including a woman there for her first TCHP treatment. Her first and my last. My nurse put her arms around me and prayed for me, that my cancer never comes back. Would anyone like to share any thoughts about that thought - is it going to come back? I imagine that one day it will. I am leaving my port in - it hurt to get it put in and I'd rather not go through that again. I thought about the friends I've made in the infusion room and the fact that I may not ever see them again, unless I get sick again. Thank you for listening, Lisa