Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone starting Chemo in Feb?

Options

Comments

• talbrig13
    talbrig13 Member Posts: 358
    edited July 2010
    Options

hhmmm...Leah, if it is stable and there are no other symptoms anywhere, I think I would agree with you.  Don't you just get tired of scans and worrying?   It stinks.

How is everyone?

My son's baseball season ended abruptly when he took a hit to the head during a play at home...he was out cold for a minute.   Grade 2 concussion.   So he had to sit out the last week of the season.   He was really bummed.   But better to rest and heal.   He will try out for a walk on place on the college team in Sept.   Getting him ready to leave the nest....our last one.  boo hoo. 

DS #1 has set the wedding date of 9/10/11...I wonder if his fiance picked that date so he would remember it??

Love you all....

• Primel
    Primel Member Posts: 652
    edited July 2010
    Options

Sounds like a tough week for quite a few of us... Alyson, hi... see you on Skype... Laughing

Leah, if it did not change, how could it be a reccurrence?  Sounds like the same inflammatory site you were explaining before... How are you feeling?  I guess it takes a few weeks to get back into "real life routine"... in between those high anxiety episodes... Wishing you to enjoy the summer to its fullest.  Every 3 months... comes back fast... Every 6 months seems to me a blink... (and it is tomorrow for me... hopefully with another DEXA to see whether Aromasin is still eating my bones)...

Bracing for very high temps, here, but overall really nice summer in Denver... Just cut the lavender tonight before it is too open...

Trying to work full time on "my" book translation... much more fun than radiotherapy manuals and IFU's...  still, so much house stuff to catch up with, my pace is dismal.

Terry, how scary for your son... sport is rough... hope he'll recover fully.  How are your plantations doing (the veggie side here is minimal this year, between bad weather and work, I missed a few windows of opportunity... ).  But we'll have peaches, we have 2 or 3 raspberries per day, same with strawberries... takes time to produce...

Well, girls... sending warm hugs to all... Hi the MIA's... Vegas, Caryn (I read your news on NSBC, though... hope your MIL is comfortable), Hilary, Melanie, Marsha, Phyl...

Catherine

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited July 2010
    Options

Leah, how are things? Waiting to here.

My big scan is next Tuesday and they have also decided to look at the liver which has put me into a panic.

It is fine at present thank goodness, we have had so much rain recently. Have a busy day ahead so will check in later and see if anyone has replied.

Big hugs to all the FCCers

Alyson

• leahrc
    leahrc Member Posts: 384
    edited July 2010
    Options

Hello guys,

Well the scan was stable, so we are going to rescan in 4 months. Trying for Thanksgiving weekend cuz I know I will be around...

Tumor marker went down from  last time, so that is good. well into the normal range.

Working like a crazy person... Summer flying by. I had 2 beach days, so I lost my ghostly pallor!!

Miss everyone.

• SammieKay
    SammieKay Member Posts: 247
    edited July 2010
    Options

Leah,

I would tend to agree with you about waiting.  It shouldn't make that much difference overall.  But that is just my opinion.  It seemed to be the way my onc looks at things.  He doesn't jump into anything.  Keep us posted.

I am sick with Asthmatic Bronchitis.  UGH,  That is what sleeping on the boat on the bay did for me.  Maybe I was coming down with it anyway, but that is when I noticed the rattling in my ch

est.  I feel crappy.  The good news is today was my 3 mo. check up with the Internal Med Doc and all my labs were great, blood sugar good, cholesterol good, weight down.  " So, Doc, why do I feel so darn YUK?" LOL She gave me a steroid shot and a prescription for antibiotics.  I am sure I will be better soon.

Sorry I haven't been here to catch up with everyone.  I will try to do better.

Alyson, remember when I had the elevated tumor markers and it was the lab's bad reagent.  I hope and pray it is something like that with yours.  They also told me that the tumor marker test for BC is not very accurate.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Oh of course your winter Alyson.  Love and hugs to all, Sammie Kay

• SammieKay
    edited July 2010
    Options

Still checking everyday to see if any of my FCCers are posting.  Keeping up with some of you through FB.  Miss hearing from you all.  Hugs to all, Sammie Kay

• Primel
    edited July 2010
    Options

Eh, SammieKay... we must be pretty "normal busy" at last...  6-month check up did not trigger any alarm (marker at 9+, was 10 last time).  They forgot to do "D" so I have to go back.  Bone density keeps eroding with Aromasin but not catastrophic yet...

If you girls need a break, go to the movies... here is the schedule (throughout the States!!) of the Farewell movie based on the 450-page book I am translating (you need to go to the bottom of the
    page to see the table with all the cities/theaters)

http://www.neoclassicsfilms.com/filmsLF.html

and the critique from the New Yorker... no less...

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/cinema/2010/08/02/100802crci_cinema_denby

maybe there will be a publisher soon... In the meantime, back to work!!

Hugs to all...

Catherine 

• talbrig13
    edited August 2010
    Options

Yes, we are normal busy!   Mike had one last baseball tournament last weekend.  First he has played since the concussion at the end of June.  He was super!   Off to college on the 28th, then I will be lost.   He is the last one.  

We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary yesterday.  The 4 kiddos threw a party for us and it was a surprise....go figure!

I have my appt with my rads onc today at 2:30....he will be scheduling another mammo soon, since the biopsy in May...I feel lumps, but I am thinking it is scar tissue.   Maybe I should have chosen a mastectomy instead of lumpectomy, then I wouldn't have this worry,   Oh well.

Glad you are all well...as for Facebook, Have you seen Jan's gorgeous flowers?    She must have a beautiful garden!

We are finally getting some tomatoes..yellow ones.   MMMMMM!

Well...off to work....love to you all!   ((((((Marsha)))))))

• talbrig13
    edited August 2010
    Options

Yes, we are normal busy!   Mike had one last baseball tournament last weekend.  First he has played since the concussion at the end of June.  He was super!   Off to college on the 28th, then I will be lost.   He is the last one.  

We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary yesterday.  The 4 kiddos threw a party for us and it was a surprise....go figure!

I have my appt with my rads onc today at 2:30....he will be scheduling another mammo soon, since the biopsy in May...I feel lumps, but I am thinking it is scar tissue.   Maybe I should have chosen a mastectomy instead of lumpectomy, then I wouldn't have this worry,   Oh well.

Glad you are all well...as for Facebook, Have you seen Jan's gorgeous flowers?    She must have a beautiful garden!

We are finally getting some tomatoes..yellow ones.   MMMMMM!

Well...off to work....love to you all!   ((((((Marsha)))))))

• SammieKay
    edited August 2010
    Options

I don't know Terry, I have little lumps and bumps and I had the mastectomy.  I think mine are scar tissue.  The onc didn't say anything last month and he does a very thorough, hands on exam.  I am still having some bronchospasm and it has been two weeks.  My doctor put me on prednisone for 5 days.  I am already better. 

Alyson, how was your scan?  Wasn't it Tues. July 27?  Kinda worried because we haven't heard from you.  Hope you are o.k.

I have been working way too much. Tomorrow is the first day off this week.  That is over my limit. LOL  Not too encouraged by the report I received from my working partner.  She still has one drain in her abdomen from the abdominoplasty.  Doesn't sound like she will be back in 3 weeks, but we will see.

I still haven't learned how to put pics on her, but any of you who are on facebook check out the album I made of our sailing trip.  The pics were taken while I was on our boat, so you can't get a full view of it, but nice pictures of the water and a big freighter we passed right in front on when we were sailing in the Intercoastal Waterway at Port Aransas.  My name on FB is Kay Taylor Beeson.

Hugs and love to all.  Sammie Kay

• Alyson
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi all, I have checked most days to see if anyone has posted and have missed the lot.

No results yet, I went through the public system this time where one tends to wait - I willget scans etc done through insurance next time but they wanted to use the med school's new nuclear scanner. I see the onc next week so will know then - have decided it is probably my old back problems flaring, I have a degenerative condition in my spine caused. Have had this since I was a young teenager and was told then that by 50 I would be in a wheel chair. Well that birthday has come and gone. My only worry is that the pain is in a different part of my spine, much higher between my shoulder blades.

Thats enough of that. Next Tuesday will be busy as my sister has to visit the oncology dept first thing in the morning to see if she is going to have chemo or not as she is borderline. And I have Bea on Tuesday not that she is a bother.

I must get dressed as Helen and I are going to visit her son about hour and a half from here, and tonight DD is singing in Elektra - it is a concert version of the opera.

Big hugs to all - where are you Melanie, hows the decorating going, we are about to start on the kitchen.

Alyson

• SammieKay
    edited August 2010
    Options

Will be waiting to hear, Alyson.  Prayers for good results.  I too have degenerative disc problems and have been on pain meds for the past few years.  I hope these don't mask something else.  But, I think the way mine comes and goes it isn't mets.  We will be sailing on Sun.,Mon.,Tues.  My brother has rented a large bay house in Rockport for a week and we will go down, so he can sail.  He was in SeaScouts as a young man and sailed quite a bit then.  He is looking forward to sailing again.

Youngest daughter in for a sad thing.  One of her 30 year old classmates and good friends died from complications of Diabetes.  She was diagnosed as a child and they never took it seriously.  She was a rebellious type child and teen and just refused to take care of her diet and skipped her insulin etc.  So sad.  Our DD is pregnant as are 3 of her friends. They are all starting families and have new homes and this poor girl died.  Just so sad.  But we are excited to have Natalie here, she is pregnant with her first baby and we found out tonight it is a girl.  They didn't tell us, they put the ultrsound video in and let us watch the whole thing and then they technician typed "It's a girl". 

Hugs and shouts out to everyone.  Melanie, where are you.  Busy I am sure.  Missing all the MIAs. 

Love you all, Sammie Kay

• MelanieW
    MelanieW Member Posts: 276
    edited August 2010
    Options

I'm here!!!  Definitely time to check in! 

Terry;  I will 2nd what Sammie says...I had the bilateral and I still have a lump that is scar tissue.  But I did have it biop'd...just to be sure.  It is in such a annoying spot.  My seat belt rubs it and it does get sore sometimes.  Tomatoes sound yummy.  I usually have friends that bring those to me, but this heat has made them scarce this year.  My flowers have suffered badly since I have been gone quite a bit and they don't get watered as they should.  But I do have lots of beautiful ferns...they have done really well...even with so many days of 100+ temperatures.

Sammie;  Did you completely recoup from the bronchitis?  I swear it's harder to get over that than it is pneumonia.  How sad about your daughter's friend.  I have never been able to understand why so many people that I know do not take their diabetes seriously.  It is so dangerous.  But...a big congratulations on a new grandbaby!  Another one to spoil....Wink

Alyson:  Still no news?  I love wearing my Bona Fide New Zealand apron...but no one appreciates my UK accent.  I think ets quite amusin' mate...eh?  Lordy...the remodel is getting old...fast!  I left the lovely brown paper taped on my hardwood floors thinking it would only be down a couple of weeks before everyone got in and finished.  Nope...been there 6 weeks now!  We went through 3 different orders of tile before getting something that was acceptable.  Long long story.  Granite for the new steam shower bathroom is supposed to be installed tomorrow.  I designed a really fabulous small vanity as this is the bathroom that the grandaughter uses.  It has a pull out stool built into the bottom that you don't even know is there until pulled out.  It's a small bathroom and it was crowded to have their step stool in there.  I will have to post pics when it is done. 

Catherine;  How is the car coming along?  I hope Peter is pleased.  I still can't wait to see it!  I hope the doggies are doing well and that you are enjoying you summer. 

Leah;  Hope to talk to you soon!

Everything else has been going smoothly, but definitely busy.  I like it.  I have spent a lot of time with Natalie this summer.  She gets here every week and doesn't want to leave.  I have to share something she said a couple of weeks ago.  DH and I had her in the truck and they were talking about taking her home...missing each other.  He tells her he's sorry, but he can't be with her all the time.  She says, "but you are always with me".  He tells her no, he can't always be with her.  Her response as she crosses both hands over her heart "but Pop, you are always with me in my heart".  Big guy has tears.  Very sweet. 

Thinking of you all...and Twilah as my Chanchito sits on my desk smiling...

• Alyson
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi all

Wrote a long post yesterday and it disappeared. Bone scan fine so now look for more"normal" causes of back problem. However was not impressed with young onc this time, different from last time. It was just his attitude. If I am unhappy next time - in six- I will make an appointment to see the onc privately as we have full insurance. This can be a problem with a public system but they are really great in critical situations. Helen, my sister will be having chemo, young onc tried to talk her out of having it but when the consultant came and said he felt chemo was the only way because even though the tumour hadn't spread it was pathologically very nasty the decision was easy. (And he was really dishy)

Arh shucks miss Melanie you trying to speak Newzild with that accent of yours, lourdy. We are about to get a new roof, think a lot of this one is about 120 years old. New kitchen has been designed just have to decide on finishes - work tops like will I have granite or a composite stone or one of the new acrylics. Not looking forward to that as it can take up to 3 weeks.

I have just had to rush out and move my car as we are having roadworks right outside our place. UYesterday I nearly was stuck inside as we werent told they were about to cut across the drive ways. So I had a little go at the council and said their communication was very poor. This morning they have gone down the street letting everyone know.

Had Bea yesterday afternoon - how can you refuse when DD rings and says that Bea was being so cute that Granny needed her. She was distracting her mother from the work she was trying to do. I must find a picture.

Not sure how clear that will be - it is called 'Cheeky Bea'  she has her 'pug tils' !! and her

gumboots of which she is very proud. We call bunches in little girls hair pig tails. She keeps telling us that Granny not got 'pugtils' but Bea got pugtils. The other day she sat looking at the cat then informed us that 'Gus not got pugtils Gus got ears'.  For 21 month she is a real little chatterbox.

I must get moving as Helen is going out and I will take her up the road.

Big hugs to all

• Alyson
    edited August 2010
    Options

For some reason I can't edit my spelling mistakes - meant to write 'bunches' Least the whole thing didn't disappear.

• MelanieW
    edited August 2010
    Options

She is absolutely ADORABLE...I just want to hug her!

In the South...we call Bea's hairstyle "dog ears".  If they were braided, then they would be "pig tails".  Isn't it fun when they know enough to realize it is more fun at Granny's! 

120 years!!!  What is it made of?  Clay?  Sod?  hehehe

• Alyson
    edited August 2010
    Options

Just watch it Melanie. Don't you know that sod is considered to be a very modern eco friendly building material. Actually not too many early sod houses built here as there was an abundance of timber. Sure there was a lot in your part of the world!!!

• talbrig13
    edited August 2010
    Options

It is so nice to see more of us here!  Hi Melanie!   You guys are too funny talking about your accents.   I don't have one!    What do Pennsylvanians sound like to Southerners and New Zealanders???

Bea is soooo cute.   Melanie...you will have to fight me for her!   I want a hug too. 

I am busy getting the youngest DS ready to go off to college.   He leaves the 28th.  We will take him to Lock Haven early in the morning.   His check in time is 8:30.   His roommate is another baseball player and they are both going to try out for the college team...hoping they both make the team!  

Our tomatoes are WONDERFUL!   These are really the best we have had in several years.   Very warm here and tomatoes like warm nights.    I made 35 jars of dill pickles.  Zucchinis are of course, overwhelming!  Roses are still blooming.   The black eye susans are now blooming....a sign that fall is coming. 

Well, it is almost midnite here, so I am off to bed.   Love you all!

• leahrc
    edited August 2010
    Options

Good morning, all!

The good feelings are infectious!  You all made me smile this morning!

I am enjoying the summer- weather is great, and I am generally just- HAPPY!  Working hard, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Optimistic that we are all in a good place.

Love you all.

• Alyson
    edited August 2010
    Options

Terry believe me you do have an accent. My aunt and cousins don't have strong accents as they have many NZ words and usages but my cousin's husband has a really strong accent which was more difficult to understand than Melanie (hehehe). You seem to speak much more slowly than we do.Of course Catherine has the most interesting accent of all - French and goodness knows what.

It is a very wet stormy morning here, will be like this all weekend evidently. Think I have decided on a kitchen bur will atke DH to see it today. Roof is going on in two weeks so praying for fine weather then.

DS has had his heart monitor/pacemaker put in, went well but it has taken a couple of days for him to come right, he thought he would be able to go back to work right after it!!! I am just so pleased they are monitoring the situation at this stage but it is a condition that young fit men (90%) can have.

The Bea came in yesterday proudly saying 'I got new jeans' - I had bought her a couple of pairs in a sale - she will grow into them. DD had to turn them up a couple of time. 

Have a relaxing time in your summer weather.

Big hugs

Alyson

• MelanieW
    edited August 2010
    Options

Just a quick report...

My annual CT and Bone scans show all clear Smile...I do love good news!  I do an ultrasound of my ovaries on Monday to see if they are trying to come back to life.  My old gyn took a executive job and his replacement wants to take a look.  Since I am 3N she doesn't want to remove them as the risk of heart disease is supposed to increase with that.  Who knows really???

And...I get stretched out to a whole 5 months till my next bloodwork.  I think that is good?

Hope everyone is enjoying the last days of summer.  Early spring for Alyson yet?

• Primel
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi, Melanie... I DO love good news, too, especially when they are about my friends... Congrats, dear... very glad to read your message...

I am rushing out of the door to join a group a friends at Japon (South Gaylord, next door... remember lunch at Wash Park Grill?) for the 50th birthday of a nice lady (who has a 5 y-old!!)... will try to come back... the summer has been grand, starting with your visit, girls Kiss

Hugs to all,

Love,

Catherine 

ps: the car is not ready yet... oct? Nov? but it will be great...

• Alyson
    edited September 2010
    Options

We are watching the first pictures from the big earthquake in the South Island 7.1. Have spoken to my cousin who said her little dog was being a pest for some time before hand and so she was awake and reading. She sounded really shocked.No damage to the house but lost a lot of antique glass and crockery. We are lucky we have been able to speak to relatives in the city as we have just heard the cell phone networks are about to go down. NZ is an earthquake area but Christchurch is not usually affected. Quite some morning as a big storm came right up the country last night and the central North Island is covered in snow and there are major detours.

My sister has started to do some cleaning which means that now I am obliged to help, I like doing things my way and this is one of the small things that can annoy. I know she is trying to help.

My back is causing big problems, degeneration is quite severe and is painful but at least that is what it is. 

Hope you are all doing well.

Alyson

• leahrc
    edited September 2010
    Options

Evening all!

Hope this finds everyone well and relatively out of harm's way.

I am leaving on the 17th for Europe... a week in Berlin and a week in Rome, Can't wait.

I heard from Twilah's family recently. They are well.

The summer is over, and I had the first apples of the season, so I guess winter isn't too far away.

Talk to you all soon.

• CommandoBarbie
    CommandoBarbie Member Posts: 474
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi girls! I didnt mean to stay away for so long! As always, even if I'm not posting, you're not far from my heart or mind. 

I actually need to leave for work now, but I thought I'd sit a bit and say hi. It has been a really crazy 6-7 months, and it most ways, that's a GOOD thing. DH & I worked on the Senate campaign I told you about over the summer. Unfortunately, our candidate lost. On the plus side, we have memories to cherish, and have made some new, most likely life-long friends. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. DH & I were asked to volunteer on a few more campaigns between now and the General Election, and we probably will. :)

On a sad note, DH's Mom passed away. She was 102, almost 103. As I mentioned before, while she lived in an assisted living home, she got around well and really had most of her faculties until recently, and even then, she did better than most. Unfortunately, she fell in May/June and it was just too much for her. Near the end, she was moved from her beloved group home to Hospice. They were/are awesome. They did a spectacular job in making sure that she was comfortable and not in any pain. Per her wishes, she donated her body to science. While we miss her wild sense of humor and funny sayings, we celebrate her life more than mourn her. The hardest part has been dealing with some of the family, but I think we all go thru that when losing a loved one. 

Work is still crazy, I'm still waiting for that "lull" I thought we'd have before he holidays LAST year! I recently added headcount, so I'm not so sure. ;) But in this economy, I'm grateful that we're still so busy in my area.

We are doing well here, I had a little scare over the summer which turned out to be nothing. I have a new Onc who I adore. He's put me back on a 3 month schedule as that's how he likes to manage his triple negative patients, and it's been fine. :)

Thinking of you all and sending you lots of hugs across the miles. I promise not to stay away so long. :)

xoxo 

• Primel
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi, all, nice to read good news and hear about exciting projects... Carynn, I followed your busy past months on NS site.  Your MIL sure had a long nice life, sounds like... as for the campaign, the main thing is that you all did your best... for what you believe in...

Alyson, hope Cunny is doing better and back home...

Leah, we "talked" yesterday, not much time left to pack this suitcase of yours... you're going with a group?

Terry, Melanie, Vegas, Marsha, Hilary, and the accidental visitors who come here... sending my best for a nice Fall...

This year is bountiful here; as I walk my dogs, I pick apricots (enough to cook my fourth batch of preserve, and still a lot on the trees, public trees btw...), apples... we have 30 beautiful Colorado peaches on what was just a twig 3 years ago, raspberries... mesclun for the greens... tomatoes are at last turning red... takes time (and I planted them too late in the season).  It already froze a bit in the mountains...  Unfortunately, I am too busy to spend the time I'd like outside... If my project succeeds, you'll be the first to know... seems to me life has never been better, even with its ups and downs... Wishing the best to all of you, ladies... drop by more often...

Love, Catherine

• MelanieW
    edited September 2010
    Options

Carynn:  I am sorry to hear of your MIL's passing. No matter what the causes or how long the life, it is always difficult to lose those we love.  Please give my condolences to your DH.

I am short on time again today, but I wanted to drop in and say hello.  I miss catching up on everyone!  I have heard from Leah and she is having a fabulous time.  Am I the only one that is greeeeeen with envy?  I keep saying that I will do some of the traveling that I dream of...

Everyone....please drop in and give us a one liner to let us know how you are doing!  I had a ultrasound of my uterus a few weeks ago.  The Dr. decided she wanted to biop it.  Everything was clear....so wooo hooo.  I will leave the hysterectomy debate alone for awhile now.

I love Catherine's descriptions (always have).  I think I need some of her ratatouille right now.  Homemade applesauce would be nice also Wink

• SammieKay
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hugs to all.....I have missed being here.  It sounds like everyone is doing great!!  I am thankful for that. 

Caryn, so sorry to hear about the passing of your Mother.  I know after all the years she was your Mom as well.   Please give you DH a hug for me as well.  What a blessed life she lived.  To be able to function independently all those years.  I know you CELEBRATE that.

Melanie, I too am envious of Leah's travels.  What a treat!    Your story about you DGD and DH touched my heart.  Be sure and write down all those precious little nuggets she comes up with.  I have so many in my mind, but really need to write them down.  You are blessed.  I am so happy about your negative tests.  That is awesome!

Actually let me say one big HALLELUJAH for all the negative testing.  I am so grateful for your good news.  I pray for everyone, but especially for the 3N girls.  .I have added Jennifer Griffen of Fox News to my prayer list.  She is just back from leave for treatment of 3N and very aggressive BC.  She is so precious and has 3 very small children.

Well, I have been mostly lazy!  We did refurbish our guest room as DS was coming for a visit.  She was here from Sept.13 to Sept. 27.  We had a wonderful time.  Mostly acting like we were at a spa. LOL.  I was worried about her being bored as she has a very busy life when at home.  She said not.  We stayed up very late and sat in our jammies until noon most days.  She ate my new food plan(not a diet) and lost 4 pounds on vacation.  I have lost 17 pounds in the past 6 months.  It is a slow loss, but I am never hungry.

Catherine, enjoy your travels.  You go onto the "envy list" along with Leah.  Be safe and enjoy.

Terry, wish I was close enough to eat you fresh veggies and fruits.  Hmmm good. 

Alyson, lots going on in you corner of the world.  Is you son's defibb permanently implanted?   Does her have an arrhythmia?  One of our providers at work has a son just diagnosed with this during a physical exam for football.  Needless to say, football is out for him.  Thank goodness an alert physician noticed the abnormal beats and sent them to a specialist.  Your remodeling sounds wonderful.  It is inconvenient while in progress, but you will really enjoy it.

Well, I had better get busy.  Hmmm, who am I kidding.  I am off from work and plan on doing very little. Wink

Take care and hugs to all my dear friends.

Love all of you,

Sammie Kay

• leahrc
    edited October 2010
    Options

Great news!

I found out about this program that gives away millions of taxpayer money to cancer research... I applied to be a peer reviewer... just got the final word that I made it!  I will be assigned to Breast cancer and will be advocating for my girls!  I can't wait!!!

Here is the website for the program. http://cdmrp.army.mil/  click on the "consumer Involvement" button in the right corner- that will be me!!!!  I am psyched!!!!  Can;t think of a better person to be involved with this!!!  :)

• Alyson
    edited October 2010
    Options

Great news Leah, that is wonderful - have had a quick look at the site.

Pleased to see some activity here this morning.

Sammiekay. Yes son has permanent defrib. He is still able to play some sport but has had to give up touch rugby which is a very fast game. He had been selected for the Guernsey team so was a bit dissappointed.

We spent 5 days in Christchurch, where there was a 7.1 earthquake a month ago. We have to be thankful for our building regulations while they are a pain if you are building there is so little destruction. Yes chimneys down and badly damaged buildings and of course very shaken people. Many new houses are damaged because they are built on concrete pads which have shifted or cracked but they didn't collapse.

I don't have a  kitchen. Thought the guys would be here by now with the new lining which should be going up today. Plumber has just arrived.

Big hugs

Alyson