Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone starting Chemo in Feb?

Options

Comments

• leahrc
    leahrc Member Posts: 384
    edited May 2011
    Options

hello, everybody!

Just thought I would check in... miserable rainy spring has blossomed into HOT weather, but lovely!

A lot of us were just finding out (or dealing with) news already this time 5 years ago... Anybody thinking of marking the occasion in some way since 5 years of survivorship is a milestone. Would be interested in hearing people's ideas...

I turn 57 this weekend, and I thank God every day that I am here and enjoying life so much!

Love to you all...

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited June 2011
    Options

Happy Birthday Leah. Yes every day is a gift and to be enjoyed.

Big hugs.

• MelanieW
    MelanieW Member Posts: 276
    edited June 2011
    Options

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH!!!!  I hope you have a great weekend!  My 5 year mark doesn't come until December.  I am finally starting to feel more relaxed with this body...but not so much that I will forego scans yet Wink.  My onc says let's do them this year and next for sure.  I was so happy to be here and be healthy after 4 years that I actually gave him a kiss on the cheek.  He seemed very amused.  We have had our ups and downs through the years!

I have had both dgd the last few days and I am tired!  I can't imagine being a mother of young children at my age...but so many are.  They are so much fun though.  Natalie is upset that she has to go home today.  She just said "why are you FORCING me to go home"?  Goodness....

Thinking of you all....

• SammieKay
    SammieKay Member Posts: 247
    edited June 2011
    Options

Hi all,

A belated very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Leah.

All is well here, still in the brace and doing well.  I will be able to leave the brace behind in July.

I am kind of getting used to it.  I have adjusted my wardrobe accordingly. But that is no big deal.

Had a big laugh Melanie, about Natalie's being forced to go home.  How funny that was.

I would love to meet everyone to celebrate the 5 year mark.

Wondering how winter is down under, Alyson?  We have having terrible heat and drought here in Tex.

Hope you are having a good summer, Catherine.

Hugs to all, Sammie Kay

• CommandoBarbie
    CommandoBarbie Member Posts: 474
    edited July 2011
    Options

Girls, I'm hearing that our Marsha is now our Guardian Angel. I'm afraid I have no other information than what's on FaceBook.

Sending hugs, and holding you all just a little closer in my heart.

xoxo

• leahrc
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hello. all.

I was connected to Marsha too on Facebook, and it looks like something happened between June 29th and yesterday. Once her obituary is posted, I will link.

I am very sad. She was an original.

• leahrc
    edited July 2011
    Options

All,

Here is the obituary and funeral information for Marsha.

http://www.campbellsville.com/wp/2011/07/05/marsha-kay-benningfield-50/

• Primel
    Primel Member Posts: 652
    edited July 2011
    Options

Thank you, Leah...

• talbrig13
    talbrig13 Member Posts: 358
    edited July 2011
    Options

I just  saw some happy pictures of her on facebook....I am so sad.   It seemed so fast, but then she really didn't tell us how serious she may have been.  

Rest in peace Marsha...be sure to keep the angels entertained.

Hugs to all of you. 

• leahrc
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hello All,

Some really happy news, at least for me... 7 month scan turned out to be the best one yet!

Absolutely no evidence of anything, including inflammation... it has all resolved since last scan. No "weasel" words, as I like to say.

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY !!!

• Alyson
    edited July 2011
    Options

Happy happy yeeha etc. Really great news Leah.

Big hugs. 

• talbrig13
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hi All,

Wonderful news Leah!   I am doing a happy dance for you.  

Sorry I have not posted for a long time.   It has been a busy spring and summer.   Of Course we had our wonderful, wonderful vacation in Australia.   We had so much fun and really enjoyed seeig our daughter.   The people of Australia are wonderful.  

My son played AAABA Baseball, so that took care of every evening.  We just had my future Daughter in Law's bridal shower...the wedding is 9/10/11!   Good fun.

I still have to start my dress for the wedding...better get moving!

Health is good....garden is good....life is good. 

Well, I have just spent about a half hour trying to move some pictures here unsuccessfully....guess you will just have to look at my facebook page.   I am such a dummy when it comes to this stuff!

Got to get to work....so glad everyone is well....love you all!

AUSTRALIA042

• MelanieW
    edited October 2011
    Options

A quick iPhone post to say hello! It was so nice to meet Carynn and her dh in Scottsdale and hope we can get together again. My yearly scans are done and nary a trace of any nasty stuff...yay! My friend Is now seeing my onc and doing chemo. He has given her hope of beating this and has her pain under control. I miss our daily chats here, but happy that we are all busy and doing well!

• Primel
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hello FCC sisters... looks like the cruise ship has returned to the mainland for a while... I am not posting much (and don't use Facebook), but I keep you in my thoughts every single day. Just very busy like you probably all are :)

I Skype with Alyson, Melanie, Leah... instant messaging, great for quick hellos and check on one another. 

The good news today, from Alyson's perspective ;-) , is that New-Zealand won over France in the Rugby World Cup... darn!

The not so good news is that our dear Carynn discovered something not right in her tonsils and is dealing with the whole works again of dr appointments, scans and tx plans. She will need all our support!  No final dx yet, but Carynn who just lost her mom and had a lot to worry about all those past months (DH's health) did not need this blow. Let's hope for better than expected results!

Carynn, sweetie, sending you big hugs, and let us know about you, OK? I read your news on NoSurrender, but I have no idea of who else visits Gina's site.

Hoping the FCCs out there, who dropped out, are all doing well and happy with their lives.

Love to all,

Catherine

• talbrig13
    edited October 2011
    Options

Catherine, I read Carynn's news on Facebook.  Keeping her and all of you in my prayers.  

I did not announce on Facebook, that I have to have a heart ablation on Nov 18.   Am having up to 18,000 extra heartbeats in 24 hours...so this is the fix.  Keeping it quiet...facebook is too loud for that!

DS was married on a perfect day in September...they are very happy.

Love youall,

• Primel
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi, Terry, my "mystery" pen pal :)

I see you on Skype sometimes, but I do not know whether it's you or DH, DD, DS... ??? so I do not call... Do not hesitate to call me, even if not visible... I am translating my life away on the computer.  Great news for DS... Best wishes to the young couple!

You should do fine, this procedure works well... I know a few people who underwent heart ablation, they're doing good. Still, always something new to worry about!

(((((((Terry))))))) 

I started learning piano 2 months ago, I now go "practice" for my 8th lesson tomorrow... talk about a wonderful stress reliever...

Have all a gentle week, expecting our first snow on Wed. (but 79 degrees tomorrow!)

C.

• SammieKay
    SammieKay Member Posts: 247
    edited October 2011
    Options

I too am on FB and read about Carynn's news.   Didn't know if she had been here or not.

I am so sick about that.  If it is just in the tonsils, I think the prognosis is pretty good.

All is well here.  I will have a Kyphoplasty on Oct.31.  This is an outpatient procedure and hopefully will reduce the pain associated with the fracture I have at L1.  There is no evidence that it is bone mets, however, they will biopsy the bone to be sure.

Congrats Terry on your son's wedding.

Congrats Catherine on your piano lessons.

Congrats to all on clear scans and good news.

Hugs and love, Sammie Kay

• leahrc
    edited October 2011
    Options

Missing you all very very much.

I am praying for you Carynn that it is not bad and oh so treatable.

And for the rest of us, I hold you very dear.

Much love,

Leah

• Alyson
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi all

Wish I didn't live so far away but maybe next year.

Carynn and Terry lots of prayers for you.

Big hugs for you special people who are my dear friends. We are a little group now and so must be strong for each other

Kia Kaha - Be strong

Alyson

• talbrig13
    edited November 2011
    Options

Thought I would check in and let you know my cardiac ablation was successful.  I went from 18,000 pvc's in 24 hours to just 3 overnite in the hospital. 

Yay!

My brother in law is not doing well.  He can barely walk and is having trouble swallowing.  Say a prayer.   The cancer is all through his bones.  

Still rooting and praying for Carynn! 

• talbrig13
    edited November 2011
    Options

Just a quick update, my dear Brother In Law, Bob, passed away on Friday 11/25/11.    

I just want to say  "Cancer Sucks"!

Oh well...I just had to get that off my chest.  

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving...here is to better times ahead!

Hugs to Carynn (((((Caryn)))))))

• Primel
    edited December 2011
    Options

thinking of you all, dear FCC sisters... 5 years and counting since we all met here... it would be so nice to hear from those who left the ship a long long time ago, because of facebook and whatever other reasons.  wishing you all gentle and safe holidays.  i found nothing more intelligent to do than fall on the ice and break my left wrist a week ago... :(

my thoughts are with twink's, patricia's, and marsha's family and friends.

have all a merry little xmas... love, catherine 

• talbrig13
    edited December 2011
    Options

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you my dear friends.  Hard to believe it has been 5 years.   But the journey never ends.  Still vigilant about health issues.   Still worrying about recurrence.   It is never far from my mind.

Catherine...sorry to hear about your spill.   I hope pain is gone and healing is well on its way!

I had Christmas dinner for my sister and her children.  They had a rough day, missing their hubby/dad.   But life does go on as does the calander.

Here is to health for all of us in the New Year!   Stay healthy and safe!  And I echo Catherine that I would love to hear how our friends from 5 years ago are doing.

Love to all of you, 

• MelanieW
    edited February 2012
    Options

I haven't been on here for awhile, but I am truly sorry for the loss of your bil....

I haven't heard from Carynn in awhile and I do worry about her and hubby.

Sammie; I hope the bone biop was clear? Your avatar is great! You look wonderful!

Alyson; I love my little calendar. So nice of you to send it!

I plan to call you tomorrow Catherine. I will have a 2 hour drive home and hopefully my office will not be having problems so we can chat!

Of course I never go very long without talking to Leah... She's my very wise sister and I am so thankful to have her in my life. My journey with my friend Carol is much easier with her... thank you Leah.

Carol is doing much better now! Chemo is really hard on her in so many ways...but working! Supra clavicular node is gone. Other nodes reduced to insignificance. Tumor that is wrapped around her ureter has shrunk 60-70 percent. She has hope :-)

• Alyson
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi all

So pleased to see you Melanie, was thinking about you and Leah just the other day. I see on FB that Caryn hopes to return to work next month, she is a trouper. I catch up with Sammie and Terry that way as well.

Things are good with me, just a silly shoulder that is refusing to heal properly but its been all checked out and nothing nasty just that I shouldn't fall over in a cafe. 

Big hugs to all

• talbrig13
    edited February 2012
    Options

So glad to see some of my friends posting.   Glad you are all well.  Carynn seems to be forging ahead and recovering...per her Facebook.   

Had my annual checkup with the onc today.  Don't need any scans.  Labs and chest xrays are normal.  Next year I will have a Dexa scan and I can stop Femara.   If the dexa is good, I can stop the Fosamax too.  Let's hear it for fewer pills!

You are all never far from my thoughts....I could have never gotten thru the last few years without you all.  

We are all wiser women now!

Love you all

• Primel
    edited February 2012
    Options

Happy Valentine Day, my dearest FCC sisters... 5 years on our journey together... and special thoughts about Twink, Pat and Marsha... Twilah became our angel three years ago, I can't believe it! I hope their families have adjusted and moved on.

(((((((((((Leah)))))))))) thank you for the cute card.

Sending hugs and kisses to all,

Catherine 

• leahrc
    edited February 2012
    Options

Happy Valentine's day, my dearest friends.

I thought I would send this community gift.  The lyrics to a song called "Little Wonders".  It is the way I am trying to live my life every day..  Enjoy.

Little Wonders lyrics

Songwriters: Thomas, Rob;

Let it go, let it roll right off your shoulder

Don't you know the hardest part is over?

Let it in, let your clarity define you

In the end we will only just remember how it feels

Our lives are made in these small hours

These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate

Time falls away but these small hours

These small hours still remain

Let it slide, let your troubles fall behind you

Let it shine until you feel it all around you

And I don't mind if it's me you need to turn to

We'll get by, it's the heart that really matters in the end

Our lives are made in these small hours

These small hours still remain

All of my regret will wash away somehow

But I cannot forget the way I feel right now

In these small hours

Yeah, these twists and turns of fate!

Time falls away, yeah but these small hours

And these small hours still remain, yeah

Ooh they still remain

These little wonders, oh these twists and turns of fate

These little wonders still remain

• talbrig13
    edited February 2012
    Options

I love that Leah!    Happy Valentins Day ( a little late!)  to all of you too!

• leahrc
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hello, friends!

Another scare.  My breast changed shape slightly, with an indentation exactly where the stereotactic scar is.  So I finished the mammo-ultrasound, and had a breast MRI last night.  Waiting to get those results, and then hopefully will be able to see my breast surgeon. They required ALL the tests before she would even see me, which i really resent. What if she just looks at it and says, oh yeah, that is fine, that is what a radiated breast looks like on a 57.5 year old!  But no, we have to do all these tests FIRST.
    And we wonder why health care needs reform.

But anyway, trying to do some deep breathing and repeating my mantra: "it is what it is".  Will let you all know something when I know.  Just had to share. Awful scary sitting here at my desk, also was a little teary so I thought I would reach out to those who know what it's like.

Love you all.