Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone starting Chemo in Feb?

Options
1177178179180181183»

Comments

• leahrc
    leahrc Member Posts: 384
    edited November 2013
    Options

Oh my goodness. Does anyone have an idea what this means?

• talbrig13
    talbrig13 Member Posts: 358
    edited November 2013
    Options

No I don't....and no one has posted anything more of Facebook today.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi all

Just been on Facebook and see she is sitting up. Very weak and confused but still smiling. Kay was shocked when told what had happened.

• talbrig13
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks Alyson. Good to hear that. Hopefully the confusion will go away as anesthesia wears off.

• Alyson
    edited November 2013
    Options

Just seen things are not so good but doctors think it is just her brain trying to sort itself out. WIll keep looking for news.

• talbrig13
    edited December 2013
    Options

One of Kay's daughters posted this on facebook:

• Nico1012
    Nico1012 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited March 2014
    Options

bumping

• Nico1012
    edited June 2015
    Options

bumping

• Alyson
    edited July 2015
    Options

Not sure if any one still looks at this thread.

Memories flooded back this morning when little pigs were posted on a thread I still go to. I remembered how we had all changed out avatars to pigs for Twink. I still have the little pig she sent me.

It has been a long journey and still we travel on meeting each new challenge some of us still face.

You know little pigs do fly. image

• Alyson
    edited August 2015
    Options

Bump

• leahrc
    edited September 2015
    Options

Never thought I would be here to share this with you all! It has been the sweetest weekend ever!

• leahrc
    edited September 2015
    Options

Oh, and I am a MOTHER IN LAW! Oh my!!

• Alyson
    edited September 2015
    Options

Leah how wonderful. Was wondering when the wedding was. You look wonderful as does DD. 

Hope all is well. 

• Alyson
    edited September 2015
    Options

This is the latest addition to our family. 

Evie aged six weeks. 

Will be visiting Catherine in three weeks. Then heading to Indiana to visit a friend before going on to Canada to see the other two grandchildren. 

Hugs to all. 

• talbrig13
    edited September 2015
    Options

Congratulations to both of you Leah and Alyson! Weddings and babies! We haven't had another wedding or a new baby. Our baby is now 2 1/2 and is doing so well with his CF...he is on a new med that has been a miracle. He is gaining weight and no breathing issues. I am in love with him! My daughter Rachel joined the Peace Corp and is in Swaziland, Africa for the next 2 years. Other than that, not much excitement here...so I really enjoy seeing your excitements!

:)

• Nico1012
    edited October 2015
    Options

bump !

• Alyson
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi all

It is December 2016 which means for many of us we will be celebrating TEN years. Terry noted her 10 years the other day. Mine will come up just before Christmas.

It also makes me think about those who haven't made it. Twink, Pat, Marsha to start our own angel list.

Please if you see this come one and let us know how you are and remember those who haven't died.

Big hugs to all fellow February Chemo Cruisers.

• talbrig13
    edited February 2017
    Options

Just checked in here for some reason, and saw your post from December, Alyson. Hoping everyone else is also doing well!

• talbrig13
    edited April 2017
    Options

Don't know if anyone still checks in here, but please keep my brother's wife is your prayers. She was diagnosed with a rare Squamous cell breast cancer last week. Sees a surgeon next week. Oncologist is not clear on treatment yet, due to the rare nature of the tumor. Too many of us!

• leahrc
    edited July 2017
    Options

Thinking of you all. I am desperately trying to retire and start a new phase in my life. One client left to detach from, and then hopefully, on to next chapter!

I still keep in touch with Alyson, Catherine and Melanie. All of them are fine. I see Caryn on facebook and admire her resilience so much! I hope you all are well and happy. I am certainly trying to be.... every day....

Much love.

• talbrig13
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi Leah....Best Wishes on your upcoming retirement! Things at work have me looking forward to that phase of my life, but not soon enough! I also keep in touch with Caryn and Alyson on Facebook. Caryn is my hero!

I have been dealing with a "thickening" and pain in my opposite breast - nothing showed on mammo or ultrasound so insurance won't pay for n MRI. Se doc again in Sept for probably another mammo. The worry never seems to end.

My grandson is now 4 1/2 and on the latest and greatest miracle med for Cystic Fibrosis. He could not be doing any better , with no outward symptoms, although he still does preventive chest percussion therapy with a vest and takes digestive enzymes. He is the love of my life and we have such great fun together.

I am so glad you 'touched base" - again, the very best to you~

Terry

• leahrc
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hello, fellow chemo cruisers,

Wanted to let you know that i have just been diagnosed with lymphoma, originating in the thyroid as a result of having Hashimoto's disease for 20 years. Already started an 8 chemo protocol. Lymphoma is a whole different deal than BC. Love you all, need the hugs.

It is interesting how much is familiar, and what is different. Hopefully i will get some perspective on this, but for now, since this was really an emergency situation, I have had like 1 week to absorb everything before they started treatments.

Love you all. i feel you out there.

• talbrig13
    edited February 2020
    Options

Leah - so sorry to hear this and sending you a big HUG! I had that papillary thyroid cancer in 2018 with 12 positive lymph nodes - also a completely different deal (ordeal!) Hang in there!

I visited here today to look up lobular carcinoma - my mother in law was just diagnosed. I was with her today at the doctors. So here we go again.

Hugs and prayers to Alyson too!

• leahrc
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hello. I just wanted the group to know that Alyson Atchinson from New Zealand passed away on February 18 2020 in Auckland.She was 71. Her obiturary can be found here:

https://notices.nzherald.co.nz/obituaries/nzherald-nz/obituary.aspx?n=alyson-mary-atchison-mcphail&pid=195452904&fhid=12541

Catherine Higgins and myself had been in contact with her most recently, and it was a recurrence of her BC as metastatic to the bones. This was a pic from her facebook page put up around Xmas...

• talbrig13
    edited May 2020
    Options

I realized she hadn't posted on Facebook and looked up her page - discovering her passing. We had kept in touch via Facebook, and I enjoyed seeing her pictures of Gus and her grandchildren. A life well-lived. An angel watching over us now.

Leah - how are you doing with the lymphoma? Continued prayers for you!

• leahrc
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hello all that still post here!

I just finished 6 "planned" chemos for a particularly aggressive type of Non Hodgkins lymphoma. There are about 30 subtypes, so i have to admit I am exhausted researching "my" particular type of it (DLBCL). I will have a scan on 6/5, and then next steps will be discussed. I have a feeling I will be at this most of the summer.

But other than that, feeling happy to be here, although the virus has done more to keep me at home than anything cancer ever could. I think of you all all the time, and hope you are safe and sane. Would love to hear from anyone!

Teresa, I did see you on Alyson's facebook page, so I assume you had the news. I would have written if I knew you didn't see it.

Love to everyone.

• talbrig13
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi Leah (and any other "cruisers" out there)

Glad you are managing through chemo again. Is there a "cruise" group for this type of lymphoma that you can gather strength from? I hope so - it sure was easier having all of you along for the ride in 2007.

This virus sure has cramped everyone's style. We just went "green" in PA last week - I planned a baby shower and pulled that off last weekend. They came in from Cincinnati for the event. My second grandbaby - Scarlett Faye - is due in August. This is a cousin for Jake. I am hoping the virus doesn't rear it's ugly head before she is born - I really will want to go to Cincinnati to meet her!

Hang in there my friend! Will be praying daily for your successful treatment!