Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dancing with the Stars

Options

Comments

• Daffodil
    Daffodil Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    Options

I'm on it~~~~DH is excited, too. This show got us through the tough early days of recovery.

(Heehee, AND we got Jason Taylor right here!!! Dying to meet him......and his wife, of course!)

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited September 2008
    Options

Jason had this entire city cheering for him and then he turns around and leaves us. That's loyalty for you!

I love the opening show.  I can't wait.  I'm excited to see Diva Lucci, wonder if she can dance.

• Odalys
    edited September 2008
    Options

OMG- Cloris is a riot. Bahahahaaha... I needed a good laugh today. What a spirit she's got!

• Daffodil
    edited October 2008
    Options

Susan better eat something if she wants to continue! I had noted that she's been looking peaked and scrawny of late. Think she's gotten implants on that bony little chest? I hope she relaxes because I'm pulling for her.

Judges were tough tonight on the scoring, apparently reacting to last year's early (and deserved) high scores. There is a lot of eliminating to be done, and I can't yet predict who might improve.Ted looked good and may be this year's Cameron. Warren Sapp will be fun and competitive.

As for the pros, I am always pulling for the Hough siblings!!!

Cloris may not be a lady, but she's a helluva broad!!!

• ADK
    ADK Member Posts: 752
    edited September 2008
    Options

I loved Cloris' spunk.  I don't think I could put my leg up on that desk & she's 82???  One thing I really admire about older folks is that they don't give a s**t about what people think.  It was pretty funny watching her get bleeped.

I think I am rooting for Warren Sapp - I just love the teddy bears!!!!

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited September 2008
    Options

I also loved the spunk of Cloris, I had heard that the sensors were going to have to be quick on the beep button when she was on the air.

I was surprised about how well Warren Sapp did.

I also thought that Susan was a bit underweight, her legs looked too skinny to hold her up and do the moves.

Misty did well but also needs to loosen up a little bit.

Sheila

• BMac
    BMac Member Posts: 115
    edited September 2008
    Options

Bless her heart Cloris is a terrible dancer, she looked like she was going to fall a couple of times.  I think the twirls made her dizzy but I admire her.  She's very flexible for a woman her age.  I was surprised at how badly Susan Lucci did.  I think she needs to relax.  The comedian was absolutely dreadful!

Loved Warren Sapp.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183
    edited September 2008
    Options

Rocco was pretty bad, too. He's a cutie that can cook like all get out, but can't dance to save his life.

Warren was great, as were Brooke, Lance and Toni. I thought Maurice Greene was ok. 

I missed Susan (turning between DWTS and the Jets/Chargers game), but did see her standing there for the judges' comments. H2B thought she looked old and scary... 

• Odalys
    edited September 2008
    Options

Oh boy, Lucci does seem so fragile.  The Insider was just reporting that she has been asked to gain some weight.  She came out saying she is trying to eat more but "healthier" such as protein.and an occasional spaghetti and meatballs. Ha...can you picture it? 

• Daffodil
    edited October 2008
    Options

La Lucci is married to a chef/restauranteur~~~Helmut, feed that girl! she did improve.

Thank G the "comic" is gone, althugh he did it nicely. I cannot stomach anymore Cloris. Stick a fork in her, she done! (Although they may vote her on for the comic relief; I think it is painful to watch.)

I can throw my leg up, but I don't yet have any cleavage to mind!Wink

• ADK
    edited September 2008
    Options

I think it went well last night - Jeffrey really wasn't up to the standard being set, so it was right that he went home.  I still love my teddy bear (Warren Sapp).  I really think Cloris should go home tonight - she is pushing it a little too far for my taste.  I also am wondering how much of it is really an act.  If not her, Ted or Rocco should go home.  I was so glad to hear Toni say that she felt okay after the quick step.  Maybe this will help with her heart by building up some stamina.  Susan Lucci does seem like a frightened doe.  I don't see her going very far.  I didn't see Maurice Green (I was feeding the kitties), but the judges seemed to like him.  All of the others seemed to be able to hold their own.  I think they got some really talented folks this time around. 

• BMac
    edited September 2008
    Options

I agree.  It's time for Cloris to leave the island.  I admire her fortitude but I think she's taking it all too far with her "outrageous" behaviour.  Besides, she can't dance.  Warren's awesome and Brooke, Toni and Lance were great.  I thought Susan did very well and the rest are okay.

• NaughtybyNature
    NaughtybyNature Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2008
    Options

I love the football "bear" guy... very light on his feet!

Love the Olympic Volleyball girl... and that's it for now.

• Daffodil
    edited October 2008
    Options

Ted was robbed. I am disgusted.

• BMac
    edited September 2008
    Options

I too am totally disgusted.  If anyone deserved to go home it's Cloris.  Oh no, we have to put up with her (bordering on sleazy) antics for another week.  Enough already.  Who voted for her????

• Daffodil
    edited October 2008
    Options

People who are laughing at her. ABC likes the buzz. The judges should have given her 0's.

And what's up with Carrie Ann and Tony Dovolanti? She's got a hate on!

• Mary-Lou
    Mary-Lou Member Posts: 630
    edited September 2008
    Options

I agree, Cloris needs to go. At times I think she has been drinking......

• ADK
    edited September 2008
    Options

I agree with you Mary-Lou - I think Cloris is either hitting the bottle a little or she is suffering from some sort of dementia.  She was pretty outrageous on Tuesday night.  But on Wednesday night, she was okay (probably becuase she got what she wanted).  Anyway, she should go home next week, I hope they don't drag her along to the very end. 

• BMac
    edited September 2008
    Options

Pansy I think I missed the Carrie Ann & Tony thing.  My memory's so bad these days.  Who's his partner and what happened?  Thanks.

• Odalys
    edited September 2008
    Options

I agree with you guys,enough of Cloris.  Tony is La Lucci's partner.  What happened between Carrie Ann & Toni?  I missed it.  What do all think of the the fact they dragged the show three days.  I don't mind one day but three...a bit much.  Next week they are back to the normal schedule.  I usually watch the first night and then the last 10 minutes of the second night.  I can't take more than that.   

• sccruiser
    sccruiser Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2008
    Options

Hi Ladies,

Can I join in here? I am really enjoying this season of Dancing w/the Stars. I thought the costumes and livliness of the show far surpasses previous seasons. Maybe it's who is on. My hubby is watching it with me (not going to check his email like he's done before LOL) and commenting the whole time if he doesn't like the scores someone is given. It's hard for me to have a favorite right now. Cloris is a little over the top. I'm wondering......if she stays on for a couple more weeks, do you think she might lose a little weight? Her legs sure are great!

I watch the last 10 minutes of the second night also. Nice to have a reality show that isn't like all the others!

Happy viewing! 

• Odalys
    edited September 2008
    Options

Grace,

Sure you can join us!  We've been comparing notes for the past few seasons.  Oh my, I really hope Cloris doesn't stay on too long, my nerves won't be able to stand it.  I really enjoy the dancing and watching these celebs improve themselves. 

Anyway, glad you could join us. 

• Daffodil
    edited October 2008
    Options

Cloris doesn't do enough dancing to lose any weight. Kim should, but then, I am not a fan of junk in the trunk~~~though I'd be happy to have a little bit of her extra.

Carrie Ann was awful to Tony last year, condescending to Jane. He said to her during this judging, "Please don't make this about me." Fans have wondered if there's a past love connection gone bad?

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited September 2008
    Options

Am watching right now.  love it.

• Odalys
    edited September 2008
    Options

Did anyone noticed how Cloris partner was holding her during Samantha's interview?  She looked drunk.  I feel bad for her partner.  Poor guy he is really working hard for the money. LOL.

Warrem & Kym's Paso /doble was great.  He is so light on his feet.  Who would of thought?

• Mary-Lou
    edited September 2008
    Options

I agree ODY, I think Cloris has a few before she gets out there.

• Daffodil
    edited October 2008
    Options

So who should go this week? Judges are tough! Carrie Ann judges on technique, Len judges on tradition. and Bruno, artistry~~~gotta please 'em all!

• Mary-Lou
    edited September 2008
    Options

Cloris, she just has to go.....

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited September 2008
    Options

Ditto Mary-Lou's please!!!

She did do better but still not up to the caliber of the other dancers.

• Mary-Lou
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Luv~ What foothills are you in, I have family in NC.