Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dancing with the Stars

Options

Comments

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited March 2008
    Options

As Kari Lynn said there were no surprises this week, Penn and Monica were sent home. My hubby does not get a chance to watch it but he thought that Adam would be worse than Penn. I told him that Penn was worse than Adam, he was so flat footed on the dance he did this week it wasn't funny.

Sheila

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited April 2008
    Options

The dancers are getting better don't you think?  I liked Prescilla's tango.  She is good.

• ADK
    ADK Member Posts: 752
    edited April 2008
    Options

I was a little suprised that Marissa didn't go home.  Steve was doing better and I don't think it's right that he was sent home.  What's the story with Shannon Elizabeth?  Does she have a heart problem?  She can't seem to catch her breath.

• lvtwoqlt
    edited April 2008
    Options

Anne, it seems that Shannon Elizabeth has no stamina for the faster dances. In the weekly summary that they did of her workouts the previous week, they touched on the fact that she needs to work on the stamina.

• ADK
    edited April 2008
    Options

Okay - another question - was that an April Fool's day joke showing their hobbies?  At first, with the ship building, I didn't think much of it but Marlee chasing drug pushers?????  Dancing Otters??? Hot Dog eating contests???   Rapping??  I think it was a joke, but they didn't really say it was (or did they and I just missed it?)

• lvtwoqlt
    edited April 2008
    Options

I don't think that they specifically said that it was an april fool's joke. They did mention at the end of the show about it being the April Fool's Day show. But I am with you, I highly doubted some of the 'hobbies' of the stars.

• KariLynn
    KariLynn Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2008
    Options

I think it was a joke - no way Kristi can east all those hot dogs!!

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited April 2008
    Options

Priscilla is doing well with the dancing, very graceful and poised.  It's hard to look at her though with that botched botox face.  SUCH a beautiful woman who would have probably aged very well and now?  Very sad...........

I think I heard some where that Shannon is a smoker??  Maybe that is the stamina problem?

I'm very impressed with Marlee.... she must feel the beat from the band.  You'd never know she was deaf from her dancing!!

• Odalys
    edited April 2008
    Options

Marsha - I agree about Priscilla.  She has always been such a beautiful lady and keeps herself so fit.  I can't believe she is in her 60's.  Do you think she had cheek implants?  

• Odalys
    edited April 2008
    Options

Here we go....................

OMG -  I don't know how Marlee does it?  She is so talented. 

How about that unicycle???

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited April 2008
    Options

I totally believed the April's Fool skit til it came to the hot dogs.  Then I had to rewind.  I really thought "Wow, you'd never know Marlee did that."

Priscilla's face ... is that a botched botox job or what could have happened? 

• Odalys
    edited April 2008
    Options

Priscilla - reminds me of the lion from the wizard of oz.  Maybe botox or chin implants or both? 

They never said it was an April fool's joke but it sure was weird.     

• ADK
    edited April 2008
    Options

So who is going home tonight?  I think it will be Adam.  I will miss Julianne, but he was the worst.  We could be suprised again, because I really thought that Marissa would go home last week and she didn't.  It will be good to see the bottom two again, then you will know who could be in trouble and vote for them the next week.  I do think it is a popularity contest until they get to the final four.

• lvtwoqlt
    edited April 2008
    Options

Anne, I am with you, I so want to see Adam go but will miss Julianne. Marissa did much better last night than last week.

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Priscilla said in an interview that she was the victim of a fake plastic surgeon who injected industrial strength silicon into her face to 'plump' it up.  This was discussed on Fox by their 'consultant doctor' who said that the silicon injections are permanent and that this often happens.

http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/blog/article?blog.id=As_Seen_On_TV&message.id=2280&page=8

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited April 2008
    Options

I love the grace of Pricella and love Marlee.

• Odalys
    edited April 2008
    Options

I agree, Spar.  I still can't get over Marlee.  How does she do it?

The kids were adorable!  I can see them dancing professionally...such cute little bodies.

• ADK
    edited April 2008
    Options

I thought last night's show was really good.  I am sorry to say that it does seem like Marlee isn't doing very well.  She is doing wonderfully considering that she can't hear the music, but I think the competition is now past her abilities.  I think she will go home tonight.  I started out rooting for Kristie and I am still rooting for Kristie.

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited April 2008
    Options

I was sad to see Marlee go tonight, but she handled it with grace.

• Odalys
    edited April 2008
    Options

I agree, it was Marlee's time to go.  She did an awsome job but the competion is really tight now.  Kristi has been great all along but I do think she has an advantage over the other dancers...not fair.

The kids are adorable.

• lvtwoqlt
    edited April 2008
    Options

How do you feel about Shannon going home? I thought that she was struggling with some of the moves.

Sheila

• Odalys
    edited April 2008
    Options

Sheila - I think it was her time to go.  She still seems a bit stiff and uncoordinated.  Overall, she did a good job for never having any dance lessons.  I am really impressed with Tony and his partner...can't think of her name now.  

It's getting close to the final two.  Who do think they will be? 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183
    edited April 2008
    Options
    I think it will be Kristie and the fotball player, with his handsome self Laughing...
  • Odalys
    edited May 2008
    Options

Felicia - I agree and think Jason Taylor will win.  He has demonstrated the most improved.  There are Jason Taylor parties all over the city.  He has a big fan based.  

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2008
    Options

I hope Kristi wins, she is so elegant!!  And they thought she was going to have trouble with hips and feet!!

• ADK
    edited May 2008
    Options

I have rooted for Kristi since before it started.  I am so glad she is doing so well.  Having said that, Jason blew me away with his quick-step.  He was so fun to watch with that dance.  I hope the final two are Jason & Kristi.

• lvtwoqlt
    edited May 2008
    Options

I thought that it was time for Shannon to go home. Marissa, Mario, and Christian have all done well but I'm with everyone, I think that it will be between Kristi and Jason.

Who do you think will go home next week? I think it will be Marissa or Christian. Marissa has done well even though she doesn't fit the ballroom dancer image, it is good to see a plus-size woman dancing. It was bad that Christian was injured Monday night, I don't know how competitive he can be with the torn tendon.

sheila

• ADK
    edited May 2008
    Options

I suspect it will be Christian that will go home next week.  I think he got a sympathy bump this week.  I wonder also, how can he dance with a snapped tendon in his arm?  My Dad had tendon problems with his hand, I can't imagine how difficult it will be for Christian with the problem in his arm.  It is a very strange injury, too.  It makes me wonder if there is something else wrong - tendons don't just rupture - usually there is something that causes it.  He may suprise us all, but I am not holding out very much hope.  JMHO.

• Odalys
    edited May 2008
    Options

I agree, how can he dance with a torn tendon.  Also, tendons tend to contract.  I don't understand how they can wait weeks to repair it?  I've seen the replay many times but don't see what he did to injur it?    He seemed to be dancing fine, no lifts or fancy spins.  Anyone have a clue?

• ADK
    edited May 2008
    Options

You are right Odalys - when my Dad had his problem, he sliced through the tendons in his hand at work.  The ER doctor told him that he could go home if he didn't want to do surgery - my Dad stayed overnight in the hospital and had surgery the next morning.  It was very important to do the surgery quickly because tendons contract like they do.  So, I am really befuddled as to why Christian is delaying the surgery.