Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dancing with the Stars

Options

Comments

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2008
    Options

It's a final 2.  I think it will be between Kristi and Jason. 

Marissa has gone far but I think she will be sent home today. 

What do you all think about Christian?  Isn't he annoying?  Why did he have to dance with his shirt open...grrrrrrr.  Also, all those comments to the latin community...why?  He is not the first latin to make it to the semi-finals.  Ay, he has such an ego!  I hope they send him home tonight.  Wow, I feel so much better now that I got that off my chest. hehehe

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183
    edited May 2008
    Options

Missed it again! Who went home?!?

• ps123
    ps123 Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2008
    Options

Marissa was voted out.

• ADK
    ADK Member Posts: 752
    edited May 2008
    Options

I felt bad for Marissa because she did try so hard, but she wasn't dancing to the same level as the other stars.  Christian should also leave.  Yes, he tried hard, but again, not quite up to the level of Jason and Kristi.  How about the junior dancers?  My goodness, that 13 year old girl is amazing!!!!  I think she will be better than Julieanne in 5 years.  Her partner was good, but she was incredible.

• Odalys
    edited May 2008
    Options

Felicia - hide the remote for next week.  LOL

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited May 2008
    Options

I missed it too this week. My son is home from the Navy on leave and we went to the Avaiation Explorers meeting that he was a member of for 6 yrs and gave a presentation of the helio and weapons on his ship.

I figured that it would be either Marissa or Christian this week, I hope Christian will be kicked off next week and the final two be Jason and Kristi, with Kristi winning the mirror ball trophy.

Sheila

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2008
    Options

Well, Marissa is out .... I love it when it gets down to this part.  I love the free-style the best!

• Odalys
    edited May 2008
    Options

Don't forget to watch tonight.  It's part one of the two part season finale. 

• Odalys
    edited May 2008
    Options

Ok, I'm changing my votes from Jason to Kristy.  She was awesome in that chacha face off.  I think that was her best dance ever.  Time to send Christian home.

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited May 2008
    Options

I still want Jason to win but Kristi did awesome tonight.

• LemonDrops
    LemonDrops Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2008
    Options

ditto MargaretB.  Think Jason is most-improved and I want him to win, but how can he with Kristi being perfect?  Stay tuned until tomorrow!

• Odalys
    edited May 2008
    Options

Jason was good.  I think Kristi's skating experience gives her an advantage ove the other contestants.  It doesn't seem fair. But, we are ready for a female to win this competition.

• ADK
    edited May 2008
    Options

Yay, Kristi!!!!  It is really clear that the judges believe she should win.  Who knows what will happen - since 50% of the total is reliant upon votes, everything could change.  We  have no idea how Kristi has placed in the voting - for all we know, she may be consistently behind Jason and now with only three to vote for, that could hurt her.  Looking forward to tonight.   

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2008
    Options

Kristi's freestyle was the best, too!

• Unknown
    edited July 2008
    Options

This year's stars just didn't do as well as last year for me.  I definitely think Kristi is the best one of the bunch and should win.

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2008
    Options

So what did you think of the show last night? - And why did Usher perform?!? Next year there will probably be a mime or something else completely irrelevant, lol...

• ADK
    edited May 2008
    Options

I am so pleased that Kristi won.  Jason was very gracious and so wasn't Christian.  I was wondering about Usher, too.  I didn't really care for his act and it was really clear that he wanted his own dancers and not the pros from the show as is the norm.  Regardless, I felt it ended very well. 

• sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited May 2008
    Options

This years stars didn't do it for me either.

Kind of a big Yawn.

With that said, I'm glad Kristi won for getting her groove on so well.

Can someone get Samantha Harris a voice change please.

Bring it up a few octives. 

I'd like to see two new hosts please.  Thank you.

• Odalys
    edited August 2008
    Options

Hello DWTS fans.  The new cast will be revealed on Aug.  25th during GMA.  Anyone interested in watching and comparing notes this season?

• ADK
    edited August 2008
    Options

Get ready for a new season - here's the cast: 

NEW YORK -- Susan Lucci, Toni Braxton and Lance Bass will hit the floor on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

They are among 13 celebrities slated to compete on the new season of the top-rated dance contest, premiering Sept. 22.

The other contestants are Cloris Leachman, Kim Kardashian, Ted McGinley, Brooke Burke, NFL champ Warren Sapp and two Olympic athletes: Misty May-Treanor, who won her second gold medal for beach volleyball at this year's summer games in Beijing, and Maurice Greene, who won two gold medals in track at the 2000 games in Sydney.

Rounding out the cast are chef Rocco DiSpirito, Cody Linley of "Hannah Montana" and comedian Jeffrey Ross. The names were announced Monday on ABC News' "Good Morning America."

Kardashian, who co-stars with her family on the E! reality series "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," checked into a New York City hospital Sunday after cutting her foot on a glass table in her hotel room. "I cut my foot pretty bad. ... It looked like a murder scene with all the blood everywhere," Kardashian said in a phone call to "GMA."

"I will be able to dance. I went to the hospital. I'll be fine," she said.
  • lvtwoqlt
    edited August 2008
    Options

My dh has already predicted that Warren Sapp will be the first one voted off.

Sheila

• Odalys
    edited August 2008
    Options

Thanks ladies.  I had a long day at work and have not been able to check out the cast.  OMG - Susan Lucci?  Erica Kane...that's going to be interesting. 

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2008
    Options

I can't wait to see Cloris Leachman. The woman is in her 80s (gone wit cha bad self!)...

I'm looking forward to seeing Maurice Green and Toni Braxton. Don't many NFL players take ballet? Maybe Warren Sapp won't be so bad after all, Sheila...

• Odalys
    edited August 2008
    Options

OMG, I don't know who Cloris is.  Is she really in her 80's?  LOL 

• Daffodil
    Daffodil Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    Options

Oh good! Glad there's a fan base here. DH and I love this show, but without Julianne.......

I heard Susan say she wanted to do it, but didn't know how she'd manage. Think they'll send her back to jail?

Cloris Leachman played Phyllis on The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

• lvtwoqlt
    edited August 2008
    Options

Felicia, Usually the wide receivers and quarterbacks take ballet so they can make the quick moves to miss the tackles. Warren Sapp was a defensive tackle. My husband played the defensive tackle position in high school and he said that they are trained to plant their feet and hold their ground not move gracefully around the field like the receivers and quarterbacks.

Sheila

• ADK
    edited August 2008
    Options

I am looking forward to seeing Cloris - she is 82!!!!!!  I don't expect splits or really fancy dancing, but good for her!!!!!

• Odalys
    edited August 2008
    Options

Pansy, glad to meet you.  We've been comparing notes for several seasons of the show.  I see you've kept up with Erica on AMC.  I've been a fan since High School.  I stopped watching when I was dx with bc.  I lost the patience for their drama considering there is enough drama with this disease.  Is she out of jail yet?  I wonder how she is going to dress.  She is such a Diva.  Wink

Yes, I remember Phyllis.  Wow, she is 82 and wants to compete in front of millions of viewers?  She is one gutsy lady.  I agree with Ann.  Good for her!

Any hunky guys this season?   I have to make the time to go visit their site.  Even if there aren't any, we can always enjoy watching the professional dancers. 

• Daffodil
    Daffodil Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    Options

Hi, Odalys!

Funny, AMC is my only soap now. I can watch at 1 AM on digital TV!

I swear I saw it when Erica was in high school. Yes, she's out of jail,

has a new love interest, and the show's fun with new sets, including

on-location at the Yacht Club!!

I don't think the guys are the caliber of last season's, but it will be fun!

Just saw Julianne Hough visiting cancer patients in Utah with her dad.

• Odalys
    edited September 2008
    Options

Don't forget to watch the season premier tomorrow night.  I'll be hanging out here after the show.  See you then.