Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Is anyone else an atheist with BC besides me?

Options

Comments

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2023
    Options

Just catching up. Dan Demolli and tithing video is disgusting. Miriranda- All the fired workers deserve a large financial settlement from this hypocrite.

Bye bye My Pillow Guy.

• nynyroc
    nynyroc Member Posts: 5
    Options

Reflecting on my journey living with breast cancer, I can't help but acknowledge the rollercoaster of emotions that come with it. It's been tough, but through every up and down, I've discovered a strength within me I never knew existed.

As an atheist, my perspective on life and illness might differ from others, but that hasn't stopped me from finding solace and support in the most unexpected places. The warmth and kindness I've experienced from friends, family, and even strangers have been a source of comfort beyond words.

While I may not believe in a higher power, I wholeheartedly believe in the power of love, empathy, and human connection. The unwavering support I've received from my loved ones and the breast cancer community has shown me that we don't need divine intervention to find strength and resilience in the face of adversity.

Cancer has taught me to cherish every moment, to embrace the little joys, and to hold on to the love that surrounds me. Each day is a reminder that life is precious, and every step of this journey has shaped me into the person I am today.

To everyone facing their own battles, remember that it's okay to lean on others and seek support, regardless of our beliefs or backgrounds. Together, we can find hope and courage in the unity of the human spirit.

Today, I stand proudly as a breast cancer warrior, an atheist, and an advocate for embracing the power of love and community. Let's continue supporting and uplifting one another through life's challenges.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,041
    Options

nynyroc, beautifully said. My best to you!

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,152
    Options

Agreed, you expressed what many feel but are unable to articulate. Thanks for sharing this.

• cardplayer
    Options

Well said nynyroc!

• divinemrsm
    Options

For those in the U.S.

• divinemrsm
    Options
  • tbw207
    tbw207 Member Posts: 1
    Options

It is your right to choose to reject religion. It is nasty to mock others for their faith.

• betrayal
    Options

tbw207: It is a right to express one's opinion but the title of the forum is "Is anyone else an atheist with BC besides me?" Please respect the right for us to express ours.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,058
    edited August 2023
    Options

We endure innumerable threats of a Hell that we don't even believe in. If we choose to mock those individuals who are berating us, we can. They broke the social contract of civility - they have it coming.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Coming out of my self-imposed exile to point out that this is the only post from @tbw207 which makes me smell a very large, very stinky rat.

• betrayal
    Options

Missed your posts and wit, alicebastable.

• miriandra
    Options
  • miriandra
    Options
  • minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,096
    Options

Alice - great to "see" you. Hope all is well with you.

• divinemrsm
    edited August 2023
    Options

Wow, I hadn’t even noticed. Thanks for pointing that out, Alice!

Me too, Alice!

Haha, love all the memes, especially the non-prophet!

The way I see it, tbw207, this thread is a safe space for atheists. None of us invaded a faith-based thread and mocked anyone for believing in God. I respect others’ belief in God. I have never in my life tried to get anyone NOT to believe in God. (yet many religious people have tried to get me to believe in their God).

Atheists want evidence based realities. Realities based on faith in a deity do not make sense to us, so we share these thoughts with each other. That’s our right. We are not imposing our beliefs on others on this thread. You came here on your own free will, and you can leave on your own free will.

• betrayal
    Options

Yeah, divinemrsm Well said and I concur. And don't let the door……

• cardplayer
    Options
  • elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

All I want to add, as an agnostic/atheist, is that if you figure God is involved then thank Him for giving people brains and skills to figure out science, and surgery and drugs not Him. I can remember my nephew being told about all the smiting and Hell-fire and said "I don't know who God is but he isn't a very nice man"

• betrayal
    Options

Agree with your nephew.

• cardplayer
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    edited August 2023
    Options

Yesterday while at the pool, a woman similar to my age (60’s) was oversharing her personal life with me. Her troubles ran one after another and she mentioned several times she’s had five different cancers. When she said it once again, she prefaced it by saying, “…and I have the cancer gene! God gave me five different cancers!”

I couldn’t stand the absurdity of that statement, so I scrunched up my eyes, shook my head and politely, quietly said, “Why would God do that? Give you cancer?” My tone was, “How does that even make sense?” Her eyes went up to her forehead like she was looking for the answer up there and she said, “Well, you know how people are, like, always saying, like, there’s like a reason for everything? Like when God lets kids get sick…?” and again, quietly and politely I said, “Why would God DO that? Let kids get sick?” As she was trying to rationalize it, I said, “I hear people say stuff like that all the time and I don’t understand why things like that are attributed to God. It doesn’t make sense to me.”

I wasn’t being controversial but I’ve had it with these people thinking they have to find a “reason for everything” and a “loving” God is up on a cloud teaching you intense life lessons by throwing all this illness and strife at you. I can’t even.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,876
    Options

Good for you. And God choses to cure some and not others. Ugh!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

and God saved you, but not your neighbor from whatever natural disaster, mother nature throws this week

• cardplayer
    Options

🤦🏼‍♀️

• betrayal
    Options

That guy is one sick puppy….

• cardplayer
    Options

Maybe it’s in Flintstones 1:1?

• betrayal
    Options

Thanks for the laugh, Cardplayer. I must have missed that section of the Bible.

• miriandra
    Options

Well if you consider chickens to be modern velociraptors, which is not a far stretch, humans and dinos kinda do. But not with a stegosaurus. 😝

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 50
    Options

Atheism isn't a religion. It's a personal relationship with reality.