Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

LIFES A BEACH!

Options

Comments

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hi girls.  Happy Valentine's Day. Saw Fool's Gold tonight.  Cute movie even though it got bad reviews. Got roses from hubby and chocolate kiss roses.  Then it touched me that Ryan's friend, a kid I love and who lost his mom about 8 or 9 years ago, left me a dozen roses....sweet kid.  My son's friends are a better son than my own is!  Susan, naw, not bragging, just speaking facts LOL!  I know, in spite of the fact that I live in paradise, I will move from here in the next few years.  Night all.

• Unknown
    edited July 2008
    Options

WOOHOO!  It's FRIDAY!  Bet you thought it would never get here.  Me either.  Here's a little B-52 for ya:

Surprise song of the day!

Yesterday evening, I noticed my dog had a new toy out in the backyard.  I couldn't figure out what the heck it was so I chased her down and it turned out to be one of the tabs from a roof shingle.  I thought I escaped all the wind and storm damage the last few weeks unscathe but I guess not. Look's like I'm going to be spending the day trying to find someone to replace a shingle on my house.  Yup, not alot of contractors gonna want to jump on that itty bitty job.  They usually want the big ole replace your whole roof jobs.

• MargaretB
    edited February 2008
    Options

Yes, it's Friday.  Now we can really start to enjoy the beach.  Jas, hope you can get the little itty bitty roof job done.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 460
    edited February 2008
    Options

Junie .. OMG, the very thing that happened to you skiing is what keeps me off the slopes! It's so nice to have this beach .. I can actually read a book. I can't remember the last time I did that and I really miss it ... your visuals are great. Glad your man gets to stay another year lol

Margo .. How sweet of Ryan's friend. You plan to move in a few years? Where to?

Jasmine .. Be careful of those contractors that are willing to do the small job ... they may try to turn it into a big one!

So everybody still feeling the love from yesterday? Karl called around 5 to ask me if I got a delivery. I had not yet. Around 8:20pm the flowers came .. he walked in around 8:40 carrying a dozen roses for me figuring the flowers weren't coming today. So I got extra lol He also brought a bottle of wine which was really nice because I had run out a couple days prior and couldn't get out to get any. We shared the wine and enjoyed each others company. He had only been gone 5 days but it was nice having him home again.

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited February 2008
    Options

Good morning!

I tried to send a valentine to all yesterday...........(via this site!)....DH came home in the middle of it and I have no idea where it is.........probably didn't hit 'insert'..........

Hot Mama Marsha.........great pic!  I would love to see one of your plays....I can only imagine!!

Not mentioning many by name cuz I'll forget someone and then I will feel bad!

Skiing............Hell, I just hurt my leg on a dog bed!  

Amy:  How true....I'm all for the workers Comp, but can only imagine the paperwork stating the injury!!

Actually, I can't even talk to my boss until Monday...........Nice outfit, eh? The branch offices aren't staffed on Fridays!!

Miz:  Do you ski at Mt. Brighton?

Susan:  CryI can wipe my tears away and Smileput a smile on my face.  EmbarassedHow embarrassing that I thought you dumped me for valentines day!!Wink

I don't know when and where the best time to call me is either..........but I'm usually reachable one place or the other!

Mom's appt. yesterday was okay, I guess.  They did a extensive family history....actually excessive considering her age.......and took 9 viles of blood for testing.  We go back in two weeks for results.  I still feel that it is a combination of her conditions and age and that her body is just beginning the normal process of shutting down.  Hopefully I am right, as she has already said she will not be treated for anything major.

Okay, I'm sprawled out here on my belly.........somebody wake me up in an hour and tell me to roll over!!

Neesie 

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

whoops .. roll over Neesie, it's been 3 hours!  Wow, that's a lot of viles of blood.  Keeping your mom in my thoughts.

Where is everyone today?  The cabana boy is bringing the drinks ..

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2008
    Options

lost my post twice.  blah.

ain't gonna write it a third time. use your imagination. 

time for more candles.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=bc

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Thanks for the reminder Susan

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hello beach bums!!!

Another gloomy day, so again, I'm dreaming of the beach.  I'm staking out my spot

Hi Char, are you feeling better today?  That was great that you got double flowers.  Unfortunately, I am married to a very unromantic man.  I never get flowers.  I did get a card though!  Uh, nice cabana boy, lol!

Neesie, 9 viles of blood?? Eeeeeek!  I'd be on the floor!

Junie, I fell skiing, several years ago, and that was it for me.

Susan, I'm sorry you lost your post.

Margo, awwww, that was so nice of your son's friend.

Jas, thanks for the daily songs!  What a way to start the dayLaughing.

Everybody have a great beach baby day!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Janny:  I've seen your man and he makes up for in looks what he lacks in romance!  lol  Karl is and always has been very romantic, more so than I am!  He's the dreamer .. I'm the realist!  We balance each other well though!  I'm doing a bit better, thanks.  Colds always drag on with me.   Right now I have the cough and runny nose going.  Yuk, it's just a germ fest here with Karl getting it now too!

Amy, thinking of you at your chemo treatment, hope you're doing well. 

Marsha, break a leg.  Got the family in this weekend to see you star in your show!

Margo, you had to get night vision glasses even though you had Lasik surgery done? 

• bearlysane111
    bearlysane111 Member Posts: 592
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hi,everyone! Lost my post to all of you last night! Forgot how to save as Firefox was weird. Fighting a sinus headache that is not going to win!!!!

So,sending you a weekend to jump for joy! Will be back later to say hi to everyone! 

Iris 

• susanmcm
    edited February 2008
    Options

I had a great time in the water today. 

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hola,amigos,como esta usted?

Because of Charlene's kindness, I knew where to find you all. I have to read back but I just wanted to pop in to say hi. Mexico was absolutely wonderful...we were in Riviera de Maya. My dd's promised me they would should me how to post pics on here this weekend so I can share with you all. I have tried to on my own but I just don't get it..lol. Well, I am very tired tonight after 3 days of work and one of the days being 9-9. Gonna vegetate. I do have my beach towel spread out and soaking in the sun. I so love the beach...my fav place in the whole wide world. Think I'll have a Miami Vice to drink as I did in Mexico. Ok, gotta hop in my recliner. Will read tomorrow and post again.Glad I found you all. Thanks,Charlene.

Hugs and prayers,

Candie

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Iris .. you lost a post and Susan did too?  Bummer!  I hope you win that sinus headache fight soon. 

Susan .. Looks like you had a wonderful time in the water!  How's the website going?

Candie .. did you say, "Hello, friends, how are you?"   lol   I'm so glad you joined us, I certainly would not like to lose touch with you!   You are such a kind person yourself.  You'll have to tell me what's in a Miami Vice!  Looking forward to your vacation pics.  Glad you had a wonderful time!

• MargaretB
    edited February 2008
    Options

Evening girls,

Char, since Kristen got married and she lives in Sacramento, two hours from us, she says she wants her kids to have the same treatment that Jacob and Jocelyn get, and you know what, I'd love to be able to stay home and babysit her kids while she works.  If we move to Sac, Ryan and Shannon will probably move up there too because they won't be able to buy a house here.  I got some glasses but they are pretty low prescription.  I only wear them when I am somewhere unfamiliar at night to sharpen my vision but I don't "need" them.

Neesie, 9 vials of blood?  Yuck.  The dr. gave my mother a prescription to increase her appetite - turns out it's used to treat ovarian cancer among other things.  She apparently has developed a reaction to it so quit taking it.  Apparently it has caused a rash and her skin is hot.

Jannie, one year when hubby was going away for the weekend with the Boy Scouts - Ryan was probably 6 or so, I came home to find rose petals all over my bed and heart candy.  My girlfriend's son was also in Boy Scouts and she was telling me how she came home to rose petals and heart candy all over her bed but she couldn't figure out where the rose petals came from because they were red and orange - well, they were from my rose bushes.  Her hubby came over when my hubby was doing this and liked the idea so much he took some of our rose petals home.  I have a romantic man.

Marsha, hope you are enjoying your family this weekend.

Iris, hope that sinus headache is gone.  Those are the worst.

Susan, glad you enjoyed the water today.

Candie, welcome back.  One of my girlfriends turns 50 this year so the girls are doing a cruise to Mexico for her birthday.  I can't wait.

• bearlysane111
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hi everyone and happy early beachwalking this Sat morning! This looked like a neat spot for us to visit! 

Mizsissy...no fantasy it is for real,NC is in 50's this week. We had a surprise snowfall and the temps still went up to 50's next day! Hope your area is less icy and snowy. Thanks for noticing the kittens'pic but it was Jan that found it. I did see it in Photobucket and thought it was so cute.

Nicki...nice Valentine's colors and greeting;chocolates were awesome here.

faithand fifty,your trip sounds like it was great! Hope the transistion to "real life" wasn't too hard. You are so correct abt the sands do sift through the hourglass quickly-esp on fun vacations.

Liz-love the cool Val's prints in the sand-neat that they spelled Happy Valentine's Day! I have spent many hrs writing and building in beach sands.

Marsha,thanks for posting the awesome photo from your play. Your hard work and dedication shows and I am so proud to know you! Awesome lady!

angelcharlene,how wonderful abt the roses and getting them doubled was extra neat! I shared the heart in the clouds w/my best friend. I love all the neat pics on this thread! Thanks for asking abt my head,I am much better.

Some days,the sinuses just don;t play fairly! OLO

Jasmine-I loved the Three Dog Night so much that my college friends would insert my name in one of their songs! It was "Eli's Coming" and we played it and this one all the time! What an awesome song for Valentine's Day!

Amy,thinking of you this wkend and hope you are feeling better. I hope that the wkend will be restful. How much have the kids changed and bet they are growing quickly.

Susan-loved that Valentine's pic and wish! It almost looks like a neon art exhibit with the neat red and black colors.

Jan,you were reading my mind on those cute kittens posed in the heart shape. I thought that was the neatest photo when I saw it. Lovely beach scene and hope your weather is warming-up this wkend.

Junie-glad to see you here in this thread. The skiing accident sounds very frightening. For me,I think I feel safer on the beach,too.

Neesie,thinking of your mom and hoping it warms up where you are.

Candie-great to see you here! I have enjoyed reading abt your trip and can't wait to see the pics! Didn't I see that you won the trip maybe last yr and waited a little later until you were finished with some treatments? How awesome and a fantastic place to visit!

Thinking of everyone and hope you have an awesome weekend! Come on down to the beach y'all...we can toss a fave beachball! 

Iris 

• bearlysane111
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Happy Late Valentine's Day...this was my pic yesterday as it we were floating in the clouds above the beach!

Hi everyone and happy early beachwalking this Sat morning!  Yeah,I figured-out how to do the clipboard with the T(near the photo insert icon)! That is cut and paste! Yipeeeee!

Mizsissy...no fantasy it is for real,NC is in 50's this week. We had a surprise snowfall and the temps still went up to 50's next day! Hope your area is less icy and snowy. Thanks for noticing the kittens'pic but it was Jan that found it. I did see it in Photobucket and thought it was so cute.

Nicki...nice Valentine's colors and greeting;chocolates were awesome here.

faithand fifty,your trip sounds like it was great! Hope the transistion to "real life" wasn't too hard. You are so correct abt the sands do sift through the hourglass quickly-esp on fun vacations.

Liz-love the cool Val's prints in the sand-neat that they spelled Happy Valentine's Day! I have spent many hrs writing and building in beach sands.

Marsha,thanks for posting the awesome photo from your play. Your hard work and dedication shows and I am so proud to know you! Awesome lady!

angelcharlene,how wonderful abt the roses and getting them doubled was extra neat! I shared the heart in the clouds w/my best friend. I love all the neat pics on this thread! Thanks for asking abt my head,I am feeling so much better.  It feels that some days,the sinuses just don;t play fairly! OLO

Jasmine-I loved the Three Dog Night so much that my college friends would insert my name in one of their songs! It was "Eli's Coming" and we played it and this one all the time! What an awesome song for Valentine's Day!

Amy,thinking of you this wkend and hope you are feeling better. I hope that the wkend will be restful. How much have the kids changed and bet they are growing quickly.

Susan-loved that Valentine's pic and wish! It almost looks like a neon art exhibit with the neat red and black colors.

Jan,you were reading my mind on those cute kittens posed in the heart shape. I thought that was the neatest photo when I saw it. Lovely beach scene and hope your weather is warming-up this wkend.

Margo-hope your weekend goes well and that your mom is feeling much improved. Glad your Valentine's Day was fun! Loved reading abt the flowers and know the movie was awesome-candy for the eyes,as well! LOL 

Junie-glad to see you here in this thread. The skiing accident sounds very frightening. For me,I think I feel safer on the beach,too.

Neesie,thinking of your mom and hoping it warms up where you are.

Candie-great to see you here! I have enjoyed reading abt your trip and can't wait to see the pics! Didn't I see that you won the trip maybe last yr and waited a little later until you were finished with some treatments? How awesome and a fantastic place to visit!

Thinking of everyone and hope you have an awesome weekend! Come on down to the beach y'all...we can toss a fave beachball!

Iris/bearlyhere today...LOL! 

• iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    edited February 2008
    Options

After 39+years of marriage VDay is sorta quiet, we do give cards and I often cook something special.  I asked my dh what guys were supposed to get for gifts--he said nothing.

So--I got him a large box of good chocolates and a huge VDay cookie along with a couple of cards; we usually give one funny and one sentimental.

I rec'd a bag of hershey's kisses  BUT---it's the cherry kisses and they are wonderful!  I've become a choc snob over the years and won't eat it if it isn't worth the calories.

I finally had to take the bag and put it away, they are just too good!

I've not even stolen any from his box!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2008
    Options

Just popping in to bring some fun in the sun.  Pretty cold and snowy here in Chicago - so sitting at the beach sounds pretty darn good to me.

Seems like many enjoyed their Valentines Day.  Its always nice to hear different stories.

Dotti:  Those Cherry kisses sound so good!

Iris:  Well I must admit I have had my fair share of chocolates.  Back to South Beach starting today.  I think I overdosed on chocolate.

Have a great day at the beach.

nnn

• MargaretB
    edited February 2008
    Options

Iris, what a cute pic.  I haven't bothered to learn how to post pics here since the changeover, I'll have to try it.  I love reading your posts.  You remember everything.

Hi Dotti, we decided not to go out for V Day dinner this year but went to a movie instead so popcorn was my dinner.  I don't think I've ever seen cherry kisses but they sure sound good.  I think I'm going to have to look for them.

Nicki, did you have any cheesecake dipped into the chocolate fountain.  I meant to tell you that decadent wasn't the word for that treat!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

The sun is blazing on the beach today ... perfect with the gentle breeze of the ocean blowing all of our cares out to sea ....

Jasmine: It's nagging at me that your birthday is coming up or just past .... am I right? I hope we didn't miss it.

Margo: You can't go wrong with rose petals on the bed.  How sweet.  I know we are going to Hawaii in August but I forget .. when are we going on the cruise to Mexico? LOL

Iris: I'm glad to hear you are feeling much better. Tossing a beachball sounds like a fun way to spend today!

Dotti:  After such a long marriage it's wonderful that you still celebrate Val Day as you do!  I have a bag of those cherry hershey kisses .. they Are yummy!

• Unknown
    edited July 2008
    Options

Ah Charlene, that is so sweet to be thinking of me.  Yup, birthday just passed.  I got some really nice presents too.  Another birthday that I didn't think I'd be here to see when I was diagnosed 4 years ago.  I can't wait for the next one!  I'll get to join AARP then and get all those cool senior citizen discounts!!!!!  And....a Red Hat club.  ROFL!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

LOL Jas!  Dang, I'm sorry I missed it.  What day was it? 

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!  Celebrate each and every one!!!

• Mizsissy
    Mizsissy Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2008
    Options

Happy Birthday Jasmine!!!  Sorry we're late....here's a cake from the Spa Girls....

Miz 

• Mizsissy
    Mizsissy Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2008
    Options

Happy weekend beach gals!!  It's another skiing day for me...BTW, I'm too wimpy for that downhill stuff.  I just ski out from front door over to the golf course.  We have a few easy hills, nothing dangerous. Just like taking a walk in the woods except a little more fun...

Miz 

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Miz - that's pretty but too cold for me

• susanmcm
    edited February 2008
    Options

I agree, Iris, I don't know how you can remember everything you do.  It's incredible. 

The cherry chocolate kisses sound wonderful Dotti.  I have to admit I did endulge a little.  My dh brought home a box of good chocolate.  Not that there's any bad chocolate, but I'm a bit of a snob myself.  It was great and did not last long.

Jaz, congratulations on the birthday.  You've been through a lot.  I'm glad it was a good one. 

Margo, rose petals on the bed.  Wow.  that is a romantic.

Charlene, I'm glad you understood what Candie was saying cause I had no idea.  Candie glad you had such a good time on your trip. 

Charlene, the website is going.  the hardest part is coming up with the template.

• MargaretB
    edited February 2008
    Options

Char, we're going to Mexico in November, November 6 I think.  We'll depart from San Diego and we dock in Cabo San Lucas.  Can't wait.  Love that ocean pic.

MiZ, too cold for me too.

Susan, I'm going to have to check out your website.

• bearlysane111
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hi everyone and a Happy Sun morning!

Sorry,I have been so slow to post. Saturday just passed by and I think my headache realized that I was tougher and would win! I did read and enjoyed the lovely pics and nice postings.

Margo,this pic reminds me of Cabo San Lucas and the Love Boat. When I was reading abt your upcoming trip,I was picturing the water and could see Doc,Julie,Isaac and the Capt with all the lovely things there. Hope that you have a great time! Time always goes so fast on vacations seems like.

angelcharlene...great pics! I love the bright and breezy pics here. That birthday cake is awesome for Jasmine. I caught some cute little,bear buddies,too. That would be a neat cake at the beach or anytime. Hope your weekend goes well! I know the roses are so beautiful! I love fresh flowers and know you do,too!

Susan,what nice pictures you always have! I know abt chocolate snobbery and buy Ghiraradelli or Godiva for a treat sometimes. The other just does not taste the same,to me. A friend gave me Lindt which I adore! It was gone in no time...LOL Good thing it was a small bag! 

Nicki-you are right abt the chocs;sweet and delicious treats.

Jasmine,Happy Late Birthday! Sounds like a fun one!

Dotti...I always think of the Little Iodine in the cartoons when I see your name. Think I read that your dad maybe called you that nickname? I loved her cartoons and read her all the time. I am discriminating when it comes to chocs,too. I choose the good ones,now that I have to watch cals and cholesterol. Valentine's Day is a treat,though! Sounds like you and dh had some great gifts.

Mizsissy-loved the cake and now,we can veg-out! HA! Guess that is how we could get the vitamins from all those carrots,right? Would be more fun than the real ones,for me. The skiing is pretty;too cold here at the beach,though!

Thinking of everyone! Hope that you come down to the shore! We can wade with our shoes on. Need a few more weeks to dip the toes in...won't be long! Hope your Sunday is a good one!

Iris 

• iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    edited February 2008
    Options

Yep, I was always Lil' Iodine---red hair came later, out of a bottle, tho. 

I dyed my hair the first time and came home on a school break, my Dad was soooo mad!  It was just a dark auburn, but he freeked.  Said I couldn't come back home till I changed back to my natural dirty blonde.  Hell, I didn't have enough money to buy more dye, so I stayed at the dorm for another 6 weeks till it wore off.

As soon as I graduated and was on my own---it was red again!  has been ever since.  Have no idea what color it really is.  LOL