Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

LIFES A BEACH!

Options

Comments

• Mizsissy
    Mizsissy Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2008
    Options

Whew...that potato soup sounds hefty but delicious!!!

Global warming seems like kind of joke in Michigan today.  We are now down to zero (0) and the nippiness just seems to come through the walls.  Too cold to do much of anything today except try to stay warm...in a hot bath or under an electric blanket. Started a fire in the living room, but it didn't take the edge off the chill. Am cozying up to this laptop like a heating pad! Went to Kroger's and nearly froze to death trying to find my car with a full cart!  

There's a feral cat in the neighborhood that hunkers down under the tarp covering furniture on my deck.  I really did not want to find a frozen cat out there tomorrow, so I went outside with a warm piece of baked chicken, fresh from the oven, and was going to offer him a place in the basement but he took off like lightening!!! Hope he found another warm place!!

Faith...where are you that you're in the 80s?!  What is it like the SFA, PA? 

Now, I need to go write down that recipe!

Miz 

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2008
    Options

Faithandfifty, my grand daughters are a gift!  I never thought I could bond with baby girls, but they are the best.  I am sending best wishes to you and the new babies!  Enjoy them!  They grow up so fast!

Margo, thanks for the recipe!!!  Cooking Club?  I love it!!! I will have to look for the gravy mix.  I'm not sure it is available in our Yankee stores, lol!

Charlene, have things calmed down for you?  Is Ava in bed, lol!

Just had a video conference call with our Florida son and the grands.  They look great!  The 5 yr. old can't keep his face out of the camera, lol!  I'm glad they are doing well.

• Biker54
    edited February 2008
    Options

Miz, I'm in PA and believe me, it ain't no 80 degrees, lol!

• Unknown
    edited July 2008
    Options

Good evening Beach Ladies.  I thought I would say goodnight with a soothing song and some nice images to ponder.

Evening Song

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 460
    edited February 2008
    Options

Faith: Beach bunnies .. that's cute! Glad you had no jellyfish today! How nice you're building a winter home in Fl. Exciting about the evacuation, luckily nobody was hurt! How special to hug another bc survivor in the elevator! Congratulations on your daughters pregnancy! I'm a twin myself and I have a 27 month old (along with a 9 year old)

Margo: Drop the zero off of your temperature and that's what ours is here! See, another reason I want to live my life through you! LOL I can't wait to see your Hawaii pics. When is it that you're going again? I can only imagine the ton of food and fun you had with the cooking club today! Thanks for Jasmine's potato soup recipe again. This time I copied it and filed it in the recipe folder right away!

Miz: haha I know what you mean about global warming today! I hope the cat found a warm spot to hunker down!

Janny: Ava is finally in bed .. then I was dealing with Audrey. What is it about girls when they hit 9??? LOL JK, I Love her, she's awesome. But we do butt heads, as only mothers and daughters can!  I think we're too much alike! How cool to have video conferencing with your son and the grands! Now you always have to make sure you look good! LOL

Jasmine: Thank you for that beautiful video and song. Audrey has a big poster of Starry Starry Night hanging over her bed. It used to belong to my late niece. I actually sang that to her as a lullaby for a little while, and now that Audrey has moved in with Ava, Ava's always asking me to sing it to her. I don't sing the entire song .. just the first verse and chorus! It's a really soft mellow song.

Well that's about it for me. I'm tired of listening to this wind whistling. I just hope the power lasts through the night. I don't want a repeat of December when we lost power and had to go to a hotel!

I think I'll go down to the edge of the ocean and watch the tide go out for awhile ... see all you beach bunnies tomorrow!

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited February 2008
    Options

Picture this................. low hanging clouds, a slight breeze, I walk past Captain Jack's thatched tiki bar and the bigscreen TV is silent.

The clouds gradually gather more orange in their underskirting, the waves are gentle tho the sand is chilly on my bare feet -- when all of a sudden the golden sun appears, just as a pelican hovers by.

And not one speedo in sight!

love to you all....................

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited February 2008
    Options

I make a potato soup quite similar...........but I'm liking the sounds of the Country Gravy Mix............On my to make list!

I am FREEZING my bumm off.......................so wish my toes were digging in some warm sand right now!

But, instead.......they are tucked in warm socks and boots and on their way out of the house!

Save me a warm spot...................

Neesie 

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2008
    Options

Oh Neesie, stay warm.  we are having the weirdest weather her.  Thundersleet.  Never heard of such a thing.

Faith, LOL, a beach without speedos.  I like it.

Mizsissy, feral cats are hard to take care of.  We used to have a lot at the Coast Guard base where I worked.  You had to get them when they were first born before they learned all their bad habits.  :)

Ok, I'm gonna have to read back about recipies.  I need to be able to cook something. 

good day

susan

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2008
    Options

Well all of you that are cold, I won't tell you that we will be in the upper 60's today.  It is cool here at night.  I think we were 28 last night but thats not cold considering what some of you are dealing with. 

Had a nice weekend and the lil baby goats are acting more and more like lil baby goats everyday.  I love to sit down in the barn with them and watch them jump around enjoying themselves.  They have no worry in the world.  We did name them this weekend and went with space exploration.  Sputnik and Apollo. 

Sputnik

I already posted the picture of Apollo and I didn't get a better one of him this weekend cause it seemed like I never had my phone with me when I needed it.

Amy

• susanmcm
    edited February 2008
    Options

So cute Amy.  Are you and Sandy going to try and make a business of raising goats or is this just part of your extended family.  :)

• PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited February 2008
    Options

Amy, How Precious!

{{JAZZZ}} Hope I did not hurt you with the joke, I never would do that, was just having a little fun!

Well I will go now, just wanted to say Hi and wish all of You the Best

Puppy

• Mizsissy
    edited February 2008
    Options

Good morning beach bunnies!!!  

Angel..loved your picture, it was very van Gogh-like...Did you get the deep chills in PA yet?  We've got dazzaling sunshine this morning reflecting off the snow and I think I'm gonna have to wear my sunglasses inside.  It's a whopping 9 degrees outside and 61 inside!  A regular heat wave! I just turned up the heat...got too much energy to spend another day wrapped in a blanket!!  

Amy...those goat pix are adorable...keep 'em coming!  Glad to know you have nice temps for them.

Jasmine, the song was very sweet...any of that soup left?

Biker...let's see those sweet grand-girls..

Susan, I've had several feral cats...our Top Cat is a wonderful gray female we got as a kitten out of barn on a nearby horse farm and she's very loyal and tame.  The other two are domestic females...but this male that's been visiting outside is a terror! 

Margo, thanx for the recipe.  I see you are from the SF area...I lived that area briefly in the early 70s (Palo Alto).  Do you ever get to the beach?  My one trip to the beach during mid-July was a little bit of a shock.  When we got there, it had turned windy & cold.  But we tried to hang out anyway, and just ended up lying on the beach rolled up in towels & blankets trying to stay warm!!   

Well, I'm just getting to know yall and haven't figured out where everyone's from and what your names are...but I'll catch on slowly...this is so much fun... 

Miz 

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Faith: what a nice visual to start the day with! When I was a child I was on the swim team and my dad was a coach .. who wore a speedo! lol  Glad you didn't have to endure any!

Neesie: I'm very fortunate to get to stay in today .. I feel for you!

Susan: Thundersleet? How odd! That sounds like the name of a race horse to me!

Amy: Great names! Sputnik is so cute too!

Miz: Thanks, I thought that about the pic myself .. fitting after Jasmine's great song/video! Yes, the kind of cold that slaps you in the face when you first open your door to go out. I only opened it as Audrey left for school and I won't open it again until she gets home! LOL It was in the low single digits this morning with a wind chill of negative something. brrrrrrrrrr! The sun really can be blinding when it reflects off the snow! It's nice to come here to the beach and leave all that behind!

• Mizsissy
    edited February 2008
    Options

Angel...I had to stare at that picture a few times before I saw the image..awesome!!!

• faithandfifty
    edited February 2008
    Options

sunscreen on........... going down to get a row of cabanas for us.

(p.s. we're just south of Boca Raton and still north of Ft Lauderdale.)

I'm sure that the zip code says something about paradise, tho.

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited February 2008
    Options

COLD....................just came in the house..............can't tell if the furnace is acting up or if Husband is being cheap!!  The thermostat on the fireplace remote (which wasn't on) said 61 degrees.............the thermostat for the furnace typically is a couple degrees higher and it was 64 degrees.  It's one of those programable jobbies...........he has it set to go down and come up and I know nothing about it............

Oh Amy, to borrow a friends 'word'..........those goats are just to 'pickin' cute!!

Hey Susan........hope you enjoyed your visit Saturday!

Angel, Jasmine, Miz, Faith, Puppy and Jan...............hoping all are having a 'good' Monday!

Jan:  Glad you enjoyed your 'video' visit with the  Grands yesterday!!

Angel:  I, too love the pic...........I've got one very similar framed in my family room!

Okay........gonna go do something........

Denise 

• Biker54
    edited February 2008
    Options

Miz, here are the twins with my niece

• Biker54
    edited February 2008
    Options

It was 5 degrees when I got up this morning.  Add a major wind chill on top of that!  Yuck!  I need a beach!!!!!!!!!

• Mizsissy
    edited February 2008
    Options

Biker,

They're adoralicious...just like little kittens!! They look identical...but you know, despite the genes, I've heard that nature never makes an exact copy of anything!!!

Miz 

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Janny:  Beautiful Girls

Neesie: Very cool about the pic in your living room!

Faith:  Thank you for sharing paradise with us.  Watch out for sharks!

I have to post a tribute to Roy Sheider here ... a great actor and star of the wonderful classic horror movie Jaws, among many others. Sheider, 75, who was battling multiple myeloma in recent years, a cancer of the blood, died as a result of complications stemming from a staph infection, according to his wife.  May he rest in peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucMLFO6TsFM

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Somebody clue me in on posting links!  I used to be able to, not sure what I'm forgetting to do here.

• susanmcm
    edited February 2008
    Options

Charlene, you can go back select the text and hit the link button in the editor.  A dialog box will open you enter the text for the link.  so in your case, select the text "http://etc. then use ctrl-C to copy the text, then select the link and when the box opens go to the url and ctrl-V.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Thanks Susan.  My link button in the editor is grayed out!  I ended up going back to edit my post and put another space under the link and it seemed to do the trick.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008
    Options

Jas ..where are you?  Missed your song of the day today.

• Unknown
    edited July 2008
    Options

Good evening Beach Ladies.  Sorry I missed posting this morning.  I had to drive to the Post Office first thing this morning because they lost an important legal document I've been waiting on.  The tracking number says it arrived Saturday and that they put a notice in my box but there was no notice in my box.  Thought I was going to have to raise a ruckus but they finally found it.  Thank goodness for tracking numbers and being able to check the tracking status or who knows where it would have ended up.

Then, I got home from that just in time for another long conference call.  But all's well that ends well, eh?

I hope everyone had a good day for the start of the week.  I haven't had a chance to read back but will try to do that later this evening.

• faithandfifty
    edited February 2008
    Options

biker g'ma: thanks for posting the pic of the twin angels children! I'm so encouraged by seeing happy (healthy) twins.........

we're just back from a "cruise" up and down the inter-coastal waterway: delicious. how the other half lives!

they said we could charter it for tomorrow afternoon, if i could just get about 45 of you down here by noon, he'll be ready to go.

they brought around little minature Dove bars as the sun was setting

yes, paradise, i know.... we needed wind breakers once the sun set.

• Biker54
    edited February 2008
    Options

Mmmmmm, Faith, a cruise up the intercoastal waterway?  Sounds like fun.  I could learn to live like that.  Real easy, lol!

Miz, those twins are fraternal.  They looked identical when they were younger, but they are really starting to look different now.  Their personalities are very different!!!

Charlene, are you getting the ice storm tomorrow??  I hate ice.  I live 34 miles from my job and I will have to go in for at least a little while.

Jas, I'm glad they found your document!

I'm thinking real hard about the beach right now!!!!!

• Mizsissy
    edited February 2008
    Options

Today was a very special day for me....

I will be the gladdest thing
    Under the sun!
    I will touch a hundred flowers
    And not pick one.

I will look at sea and sky
    With quiet eyes,
    Watch the wind bow down the grass,
    And the grass rise.

And when lights begin to show
    Up from the town,
    I will mark which must be mine,
    And then start down!

I had a huge weight lifted off of me...it's as though a very dear friend who I thought was terribly ill was cured of her disease...or rather, a very dear friend who I worried about excessively, turned out not to need the concern I have had for so long.  A huge weight has been lifted off of me.  I feel as light as feather, as free as a fly.

I think I'm going to learn how to play the violin!!...you know, I've got one, a really nice one that I was beginning to learn to play before I got diagnosed.

I think it's time to pull it out again!!!

Love to you all!!

Mizsissy 

• Mizsissy
    edited February 2008
    Options

Biker...we must have posted at the same time.  It's nice that the twins are fraternal...imagine having a sister who is different but exactly the same age!!!  Could anything be nicer?!!

Lots of snow predicted in the next 24 hours.  DH will have to plow 35 miles through it and back tomorrow, but I am trying to talk him into taking Wednesday off so we can go skiing.

Jazz..looking forward to seeing your next post...and your new avatar!!! 

Miz 

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2008
    Options

Hi girls, grandkids night tonight so we've been busy with softball practice and homework.  Boy, it wasn't that long ago when Ryan was doing all that and now it's Shannon's kids.  Where does the time go? 

Angel, I'm going to Hawaii in August, and I can't wait.  We had so much food at the cooking club - hubby said he was amazed at the age ranges and by all the good food.  Keep Jas' potato soup recipe - it's definitely a comfort food and it's actually pretty low cal, since it's chicken broth.

Neesie, the country gravy mix gives the soup a little kick.

Susan, I'm glad we have our weather and not yours!

Amy, those goats are so cute. 

Miz, don't go to the beach too much - when it's nice over there, usually everyone is heading that way.  I'm north of Palo Alto.

Janny, what adorable girls.

Faith, I'm loving paradise - tiki hutch, I'm so there.

I'm worn out so saying goodnight and I'll lay the towels out tomorrow.

Margo