Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The power of prayer...

Options

Comments

• traci1970
    traci1970 Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2009
    Options

I have read your prayers and posts.  I am so happy I found this place.  I have been really overcome by fear lately and I know fear does not come from God.  I said in the beginning of this that I want God to be glorified through this and I really want to get back to that.  I will keep you all in my prayers :) Traci

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited January 2009
    Options

Amen, Traci

• EWB
    EWB Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2009
    Options

I offer prayers of thanksgiving as treatment stays the same but onc visits and bloodwork are being spread further apart (one month doc and treatment, next month bloodwork and treatment).

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited January 2009
    Options

Father in heaven, Thank You for the life You have given me and for eternal

life promised through Your Son, Jesus Christ.  Take my disease away,

O God, and draw it to Yourself along with my sins, worries and fears. Lord

if you want me to live, help me to learn what I can do to help You bring

healing in my body. Bless and make wise my doctors and all who tends

to my needs at this difficult time in my life. In Jesus name, AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear, Lord, I come before you with some very special people

They love you Lord and are grateful for each day. But are in

need of your blessing and love, Bless Genia and anyone else with strength to

heal from chemo, Thank you Lord for Our special caring people.

Genia, Jane, Kbugmom ,barbe, EWB, Traci, Springtime, and others that

they may be watched and cared for as they live each day for and with You. AMEN

• traci1970
    traci1970 Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2009
    Options

Amen

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

I Prayed for You Today

I prayed for you today, gave thanks for your life,

wished you the best. Asked the heavens to bless

you with health and happiness. I sent you good

thoughts, surrounded you with hope faith and love.

I asked your guardian angels to protect you and

keep you safe from any harm and to blanket you

with joy and contentment and peace and prosperity.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Sheep of Gods Pasture

Despite today's valley of the shadow and sickness,

I know You, Shepard of my soul, will continue

restoring my soul, Will continue restoring me

as I move through treatment to the safe meadow

of wellness.

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited January 2009
    Options

That was beautiful Debbie.......I needed to read that.  Been so very down lately.......just can't snap out of it for some reason.

hugssssss

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Great faith is not the faith that walks always in the light

and knows no darkness. But the faith that perseveres

in spite of God's seeming silences, And that faith will

most certainly and surely get a reward.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, Instill in me a reason for hope. Bring, I pray, calm to the raging storms of my life.

I am afraid of the cancer, but I am not afraid of You. Help me place my trust in the well-meaning

people helping me, But You and You alone, Use them I pray to show me Your grace, and bring

me the healing I know You will bring me if  you so desire. I offer my humble pray in the name of

the Great Physician, Jesus Christ. Amen

• Genia
    edited January 2009
    Options

AMEN........so beautiful Debbie.

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2009
    Options

Dear Father, It seem to be some days I feel all alone in my fight, Til I remember

the sand and one set of footprints. Lord  when my worries get me down and I am afraid

Please help me to know that You are there to help me win, Bless all the People in need of Your

loving and healing hand to help them through. My Friend and My Savior. AMEN

• Genia
    edited February 2009
    Options

Debbie you aren't alone.....you have me as well as the good Lord above!!!

hugsssssss

• EWB
    edited February 2009
    Options

Ladies- you are never alone! We have each other, no questions asked.  I can't tell you how comforting it is to come here...I feel peace and comfort and not alone whenever I stop by to read here. You are amazing ladies, couragous, encouraging, just wonderful. May God's peace be with you now and forever.

In his name I pray, Elaine

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Genia and Sisters of Our Lord,  I thank you very much for the caring messages that reminds us we are all together as a family, I just started getting bills from my cancer Dr from last year. I know I will fight but when you are weak and fighting, Satan seems to hit you hard. I have shot for 6 weeks to help me get stronger. Now I started to worry about having to pay each time.  I pray that it will work out. God has gotten us all this far, Hugsssssss

Dear Lord, Bless all the wonderful people here and the kindness they share with others, Help each of us to remember we have a wonderful Father that is there every time we need Him. Help any that are in need of a gentle touch of Your love. Be with the beautiful people on this line that are having treatments or just need Your caring hug. We love You Lord and thank You for this day AMEN 

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2009
    Options

Psalm 121  1. I lift up mine eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

Psalm  27   1. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The

Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2009
    Options

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

They kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is

in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive

us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us

not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the

glory, for ever. AMEN

I am reading Cancer and the Lord's Prayer   Hope and Healing through history's greatest prayer

It tells me to pray it every day, And when needed for comfort, I need to start doing it again  The book is by Greg Anderson

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, I am so grateful for all the people on this line that are getting through their chemo or any other treatments. Lord bless Genia,Kbugmom,barbe, Springtime,EWB, Jane and Tracy. Help them all to know you are with they and will carry them through. Lord I know you can see all of the wonderful  people on this line and someday I will too. But for now Lord please help them, I love You Lord and thank You for all You have given us here. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2009
    Options

Believe that God is with you

in your struggles

He is always for you

and never against you.

Another description for Type C is "chronic niceness."

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2009
    Options

DearLord, Help our dear friend Genia, she is in need of Your comfort and

healing at this time. Lord, Genia is a very special person to alot of us here.

We know she loves everyone, and helps us threw alot. O Lord please watch over

her and help her know we are praying for her. In Your name. AMEN 

• Genia
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi everyone...

I know the benefits of prayer....I've seen it many times in my life.....especially since I was diagnosed with cancer. I am asking for more of those prayers right now.

I went to the Dr. on Tuesday. They did my routine blood work and told me all my counts were low including my potassium level. Potassium is needed especially for the heart....it keeps it in rhythm. Mine was extremely low. The Dr. gave me potassium pills to take. I came home and started taking them.

Yesterday morning when I got out of bed and came downstairs....I was making coffee.....and when I turned around to walk out of the kitchen.....I almost passed out. I got so dizzy I didn't know if I was gonna be able to make it to a chair.

To make a long story short.......I ended up in the ER for 5 hours yesterday. All my blood counts are still low. My red blood cells were almost to the critical point and they considered giving me a blood transfusion.....but decided to wait to see if my body would produce the cells on it's own.

My potassium is still rock bottom....after 4 days of taking the pills. I am swollen soooo much. I gained 4 pounds of fluid in one day. They can't give me anything for the fluid because it depletes the potassium even more. So it's a catch 22.

The only thing I know to do is PRAY.....God has brought me through this horrible battle....and I don't think he did it to let me down now.

So I'm asking for your prayers.....because if something doesn't give I'm gonna end up in the hospital....which is probably where I need to be.

Hugs and love to you ALL......

Genia

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited February 2009
    Options

Genia,

Big prayers going up for you.  He CAN and He WILL get you through this.  Don't lose faith.  I know, feeling the way you feel, it is easier said than done.  Sometimes we just feel like giving up, but we must be examples to others who don't know that the Lord can sustain them.  We have been selected to serve. 

• Genia
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thanks Jane....sometimes  you need to feel REALLY bad to remember who's in charge of your life!!!  Maybe that's just what I needed........

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2009
    Options

Father in heaven, heal me, I pray.Not because it is in my best

interest, but because it is in Your nature to do so. for You alone

are the Great Physician. Grant me the grace to remain faithful in

the face of pain and suffering, nausea and concern. Guard me from

the temptation to resign to passivity, negativity or anxiety. Surround

me with people who care about me and who will pick me up if I fall.

In Jesus' name, I pray. AMEN

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2009
    Options

Dear Lord,

Endurance, healing and strength for Genia. (And Jane, while you're at it!)

• Genia
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thank you.....I'm feelin much better this evening!

Praise God.........

• kbugmom
    kbugmom Member Posts: 8,310
    edited February 2009
    Options

Genia may the good Lord pour out a healing over you. I will continue to pray for you. I am glad you are feeling better. Hang in there and ride the storm.... God bless

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2009
    Options

Genia, I am so happy you are doing better, Like the prayer above says, You have the Great Physician, And right now God is with you, You might not feel He is there, But he is carrying you. My prayers are with you, God loves you and so do I. Hugs, Debbie

• EWB
    edited February 2009
    Options

Genia and Jane,

Just checking in; so sorry to hear you are having a rough go of it. You are both in my prayers, that you continue to feel better and continue to have the strength to endure all that is being thrown at you.

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father encourage you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. God loved us, and through his grace he gave us a good hope and encouragement that continues forever."  2 Thessalo. 3:3

Hugs and prayers that everything evens out and you are feeling better soon!