Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The power of prayer...

Options

Comments

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited December 2008
    Options

Good morning......could ya say a little prayer for me?   I have chemo today.......and I'm not wanting to go at all.  I need some more courage.....cause I am right back to being scared again!

hugssss and thank you Debbie for all these little prayers.  

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2008
    Options

Prayers Genia. Prayers. Endurance. Prayers.

• susiered
    susiered Member Posts: 83
    edited December 2008
    Options

Genia I am praying for you now! I am sure you have already been for your treatment today, but I pray that God will give you the courage and stregnth to keep going and fighting. May he make your body and mind strong enough to deal with all you have to go through!!

Even though I am through with chemo, I am having a heard time myself. I just had my bilateral mast in Nov. then my right expander got infected and had to be removed. I will begin rads next week and I am just so tired. I have prayed and prayed for stregnth, but sometimes I feel like God is just not there anymore. I KNOW he is, he will never abandon me, but sometimes it is hard to feel him when I am so down. I have done nothing but pray and cry for the past 24 hrs. I am so afraid the cancer will come back and take me from my 9 year old son. I need your prayers please. I know this is pretty gloomy, but it is just what I am feeling right now and what better place to go than to other ladies that love God and know what I am going through. I pray over these boards everyday and it breaks my heart for each of you that are having to deal with this.

May God bless you all and thank you in advance for the prayers! Susan

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

Thank you so much Susan.....I do appreciate the prayers more than I can tell you. 

And sweetie.....the feelings you have are probably felt by every single person on here.  The fear that it will come back.........and we will live with that for the rest of our lives.  The only thing we can do........is put it in God's hands.  He created us.......he knew when we would leave this world the day we popped into it!!!  My faith gets very low all the time......I'm human.......you are human!  

I'll be praying and thinking about you all...........hugssssss

• susiered
    edited December 2008
    Options

Genia thank you very much for just understanding. You are so right...God knows the exact day and second he will take us home to be with him. That I am not afraid of...I know I will spend eternity with him. I know I just have the same fears all you ladies have and that is leaving behind those that need us. My little boy needs his Mama!!! I have to trust in Gods plan for me, but sometimes it is just so hard. Everyone tells me I have to think positive, but until you are told "you have cancer" they can never understand how it feels. I will put it back in Gods hands and trust him no matter what. That is all any of us can do. Some days are just hard, and this is my really hard day. Thank you all for letting me express my feelings! Lve to you all Susan

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, We come to you with grateful hearts that we have a caring family here. Bless and help my very special friend that she will hang on to you threw her treatments, Lord we have other on different lines here that are very sad and angry right now. Please bless them with strength to get threw the valley they are going threw. Susan is in need of your hand to walk with her, I know how you are always there for us. Lord bless the sick and others that need your comfort at time. We love you Lord. AMEN

• susiered
    edited December 2008
    Options

Thank you footprintsangel! You always say such sweet prayers! God Bless you!

Susan

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

Thank you Debbie......I feel very lucky to have you as a friend!!!!

hugssssss

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

Spring....somehow I missed your post.  Just saw it up there......sorry!

Thanks sweetie.....I'll keep sayin that over and over in my head.  Prayers....endurance....prayers....endurance!   Maybe it will sink in........

hugsssss and love to you sweet lady

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Believe unflinchingly in your treatment decisions,

in your medicine and caregivers, and in God's

power to heal you if it is His will to do so.

Believe that God is with you in your struggles.

He is always for you and never against you.

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited December 2008
    Options

I can't; He can; I need to let Him.

• Springtime
    edited December 2008
    Options

Jane, it's true, we need to let him carry us. We are not alone. You're right, we need to let him. Why do we keep trying to do it? Ugh!

• susiered
    edited December 2008
    Options

Springtime I give it all up to God everyday, then before I know it I am taking it back and trying to do it on my own again. WHY? I don't know why I keep doing it. I definatly know I can't do any of this without him. I just wanted to tell you...you look so much like one of my dear friends from my Church. Everytime I see your picture I think it is her. She's beautiful by the way!!!!

• Springtime
    edited December 2008
    Options

Susie Red, Awe shucks!!!

About this putting it in God's hands, and then taking it back - me too. I wonder if it is because we are raised to be independent, take care of ourselves, "Pick yourself up by your bootstraps" etc. 

We need to get humble. We CAN'T do Cancer by ourselves!! I mean, who are we kidding? It is all up to him, it always was, but there is something about this Dx that smacks you in the face with this reality. I think it is about TRUST. 

Spring...

• Genia
    edited December 2008
    Options

I think you are right Spring........it IS about trust.  Trusting that God will do his will in our lives.  But then we get selfish and want his will to be for us to be better!  I sometimes think....that may not BE his will.......but MY will. 

I want to live so badly.....but I also told my hubby that if it's not in God's plan........then I will die.  Either way........I truly WIN!!!!  

• susiered
    edited December 2008
    Options

Oh Genia you nailed it on the head for me. For me it is that Gods will may not be what I WANT his will to be. His will may be to take me home to live in eternity with him soon, and I Want his will to be to let me live another 40 years and then go home with him. I have to trust him and what he knows is best for me, because like you said either way I win!!  

• footprintsangel
    edited December 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, Bless these wonderful people here, There is so much love and caring

on this line. Help us threw our trials and guide us to Your arms of love. Lord some

of us are in weak and tired, help us to fight and get strong again. AMEN

The Lord is your keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand.

The Lord shall preserve you from evil; He shall preserve your soul.

The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in

From this time forth, and forevermore. Psalms 121:5, 7-8

• Springtime
    edited December 2008
    Options

Genia and Susie,

Yes, it is about trust, even unto death, not only for us, but for the ones we love as well.

We have to trust his timing. It has been perfect so far, it always is. Why do we think our plans or our timing is better? It Never is!I can attest to THAT!

One of my favorite Psalms - Ps. 31:14-15

"But I trust in you, O Lord, I say, You are my God; My times are in your hands..."

AMEN. 

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Father in heaven, Help me to have hope by surrounding me with hopeful people.

Help me to not receive bad news as though it was the last edition, But rather

as one piece of information afloat on a river of facts flowing into a hopeful future.

Heal me, I pray,not for my sake or anyone else's, But for Your sake. And ground

my hope in the reality of Your profound and enduring love for me and desire for

my well-being. In the name of Jesus I pray. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Believe unflinchingly in your treatment decisions,In your medicine and caregivers,

And God's power to heal you if it is His will to do so.

Believe that God is with you in your struggles,

He is always for you and never against you.

• Genia
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you for the reminder Debbie.....I think we all forget that at times. 

He only wants the best for us.......it may not be what we think it should be........but the best nonetheless!!!

hugssssss and love

Genia

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Father in heaven,  We have a goal to win this battle, But Lord some of us our tired and weak. We need You to help us to get to the rainbow that comes after the storm. Some of us are too sick to get threw the storm alone. Please help us so we can see your rainbow. Thank you Lord for all You do for us and our friends. We love you Lord. AMEN

• Jane_M
    edited January 2009
    Options

I've mentioned it elsewhere on the threads, but probably not here.  I am 3 1/2 years sober after battling an addiction to prescription medications which also led to an addiction to alcohol.  The meds worked better when they were washed down with vodka.  I am EXTREMELY careful now about what I take that might be a mind altering substance.  My daughter holds my ativan and tylenol 3 to make sure that I take it only as prescribed.

Nonetheless, there are two prayers that I have come to rely on (in addition to the Serenity Prayer) that I would like to share here because I find that they are really helpful and appropriate.

• Jane_M
    edited January 2009
    Options

3rd Step Prayer:

God, I offer myself to Thee - to build with me and do with me as Thou wilt.  Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will.  Take away my difficulties that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy power, Thy love and Thy way of life.  May I do Thy will always.

• Jane_M
    edited January 2009
    Options

Prayer of St. Francis:

Lord, make me a channel of Thy peace.

That where there is hatred, I may bring love

That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness                                                   

That where there is discord, I may bring harmony                                                                      

That where there is error, I may bring truth    

That where there is doubt, I may bring faith   

That where there is despair, I might bring hope

That where there are shadows, I may bring light

That where there is sadness, I may bring joy

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to

• comfort than be comforted
    • understand than to be understood
    • love than to be loved

For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.  It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.  It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.

• EWB
    EWB Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2009
    Options

Jane,

first and foremost what an accomplishment, I know it can't always be easy.  Secondly- thank you for sharing the prayers- the Prayer of St Francis really hit home for me today.  I especially like the last three bulleted phrases. I pray that I can make that a way of life.

Elaine 

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Our goal is peace

With self,

With others,

With God.

• Genia
    edited January 2009
    Options

Jane....bless your heart and thanks for sharing those two beautiful prayers.  You are an awesome lady and I just think the world of you.  A tough one too......overcoming addiction.......and now struggling to fight this fight with cancer. 

Hugsss to you all....love you my sisters

• Springtime
    edited January 2009
    Options

Jane and all,

I like that Prayer of St. Francis, it is a reminder to be humble, and that it's not all about us, that we are here for a reason, HIS reason. I've tried to remember that when you're feeling sorry for yourself, it's best to get your eyes off yourself, and on somebody else. There are so many who are less fortuante. It is hard when going through treatment, because there are so many challenging days! But it is good not not to forget it! 

Spring (Beverly)

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

I love the way you show you care, Even when I am fighting I still seem to see the smiles on this line and the love of God the is shared! Thankyou all. Debbie