Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The power of prayer...

Options

Comments

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited January 2009
    Options

Father in heaven, help us to have hope by surruonding us with friends . Help us not infortmation wrong, but as a bit of info that will help us have a hopeful future. Please be with those that are in need your gentle touch to know they are not alone. We pray for Genia and all the other special people that are weak or just need to walk with you. Please help them find peace, We love You Lord, AMEN

Cast your burden on the Lord,

And He shall sustain you;

He shall permit the righteous to be moved Psalms 55:22

Peace I leave with you, My peace I get to you; not as the

world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled,

neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Jane,

It is such a hard time, I have the same feelings too.I keep thinking, we just need to ENDURE this time. Endurance is what I've asked my friends at church to pray for. 

Be Strong and Courageous.
    Do not be Terrified;
    Do not be Discouraged,
    For the lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9

It is hard though to remain strong and courageous and not to be terrified or discouraged. But, we are never alone at least! And, I have to believe, this will pass, this will pass, this will pass....

Spring.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Hi Genia, Thanks for the note, I need to go and rest some more but here:

Dear Lord help my wonderful friends here, bless them with your hope and

comfort. Lord they give so much to help other. Please bless them as they

walk with you threw the storm. Bless Genia and Jane, to know you are there with them.

Thankyou Lord for this wonderful family. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, We are so grateful for all you have helped us threw, We know we are very lucky to have you helping us fight. God bless Genia,Jane, and any other person that is in need of your touch. We pray you help all the people that have been threw alot with the plane crash, Thank you Lord for helping the pilot to land safely, We love you Lord and Thank you for our friends. AMEN

• kbugmom
    kbugmom Member Posts: 8,310
    edited January 2009
    Options

I want to share how God works thru others. A few nights ago we had a very trying and painful experience with one of our grown kids. Last night my sister in law told me how God woke her up three times that night to pray for me. She said she did not know what I was facing but she must obey God and pray. Well praise God she did for I felt a peace come over me that night. God is so good and I want all to know his great love. We are still greatly concerned for our son and want to help him but not sure how. I ask for prayer for my family for I know prayer works. God bless...

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited January 2009
    Options

When I had my surgery I had the option to have minister/priest/pastor visit and I said yes. When he came into the room after the surgery I think he was surprised when I asked him for a prayer of thanks.

We are quick to ask, we must also thank. 

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited January 2009
    Options

Barb, if you don't mind my asking and my stupidity - what is Papillary Carcinoma?

• barbe1958
    edited January 2009
    Options

Jane, it is less than .5% of all breast cancers. Very rare, that's why my biopsy was inconclusive, but worrisome for cancer. Even my surgeon hadn't heard of it. We treated it like DCIS so I had the double mast.

The only info I can find on it relates to a man with it!

Figures I'd get the weird one...sigh.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord Give me a reason for hope, I pray. Help me to get my affairs in order,

Which is serving you, Bring encouraging people along side of me during days I

feel like stopping. By the power of Your Holy Spirit, who dwells within me, focus

my mind on victory through Jesus Chirst our Lord. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Genia, How are you doing today, I have been thinking about you, and know it is not an easy road, But with all your friends and Gods helping you too, You are in good hands.

To Him who is able to keep you from stumbling.....be glory and majesty Jude 24-25

For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited January 2009
    Options

I'm doin good right now......I have my last chemo tomorrow.  Thank God.....then I'll have surgery at some point in the near future.

Thanks for checkin on me Debbie.....and for the pretty prayers.  I read them all........

hugsssssss and love

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you for the nice message, The pastor at the hospital saw me after my breathing class and said let me pray for you. I am just not myself, But I know he will help us threw.

Dear Father, We come before you to ask for comfort and peace, As we fight this disease, Help us to not let go of our positive and fighting spirit. Gaurd us from the temptation to resign to passivity, negativity, or anxiety. Help us to find people that will care about us and will help pick us up if we fall. In Jesus name we pray. Amen

• EWB
    EWB Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2009
    Options

Barb- you are so right, we need to remember to say thank you, for there are many reasons to be thankful.

• Genia
    edited January 2009
    Options

I posted this on my chemo thread...but wanted to post it here too...

Woohoo.......doin the happy dance......I'm home and I am FINISHED with the nasty chemo!!!!

They gave me Benedryl pills this time instead of it being through my IV and I slept almost the whole time I was there.......wouldn't ya know it......last tx and I figure out what works.........lolol

I didn't feel weird or loopy this time.....nor did I tell ANYONE I was gonna give them a hug. lol

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies.......I truly don't know what I would have done without you all!!!

Lotsa hugsssssss and love

• Genia
    edited January 2009
    Options

The first thing I said when I walked out the door of the cancer center was thank you God for getting me through this part!  And He did......he has carried me every single step of the way.  There were lots of times I wanted to fall.......not go back.......just say I can't do this and stay home.  But His sweet spirit would speak to me and say "You can do this Genia and I am here with you"....and I would go back.

Your prayers.......were always with me.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Hi Genia, I re-lived  your story today. I was in the ER after being sent 3 different places and next to me was a man, Fighting to stay alive til his family got there. The Dr came and ask him one more time if he wanted to at the hospital tonight cause he was very thin and weak. No he said I dont want to fight no more, So the Dr gave him med for nausa and the Aid Car came and took him back were he lives. I feel so grateful to be able to use my wheelchair and go back home to live. Praise God for each day we have. God bless you all Debbie

PS Please pray for George

• kbugmom
    edited January 2009
    Options

Footprints I will pray for George and you and all the others bc sisters.  I pray you are doing better also. I was watching tv today and a lady made me think. We need to get the focus off of poor us and on God. I try but I fail many times.

Genia you are so right. We all have those I cant do this. But he lifts us up and we go forward.God is good . God bless us all.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, We are in need of you to walk this road with us. Alot of us are fighting and we are in need of you hand . I remember the verse that You said I will never leave you or forsake you. Lord plesae help us to see that and the rainbow waiting for us when the storm is done Please bless Genia, kbugmom, EWB,Springtime and Jane, They are all wonderful people, But could use you love right now. We love you Lord. Amen

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you, Footprints.  It should be getting easier now that chemo is done, but it only brings with it new worries.  I need to remember to put my trust in Him and His plan.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Father, Replace all of my pessimism with optimism, Fearfulness with hopefulness. As Jesus healed the man with a withered hand, heal my withered attitude and fill me with hope, as well as a desire to meet You in the midst of my pain and worry. In Jesus name, I pray. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

God Loves you all and is right beside you,

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

• Genia
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you Debbie........not feeling good at all right now.  My last chemo was Weds.....and now the SE's are kickin my butt............blah!!!!

hugsssss and love

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Fear is one of the most difficult challenges of living with a chronic illness- fear of losing control of your life fear of dying and other fears, Lets look at fear letter by letter and break it down into ways you can deal with it: F-E-A-R     F-Face it.  E-Examine it. A- Ask for help. R-Release it.

Father, Help my to work on my fear. With all the storms I seem to remember You will be there in the boat. I am never alone, The voyage may continue, and I know You will calm the waters around me. But as the storm arises again, Lord remind me of, "Peace be still,"I love You Lord and Thank You for Your help threw this storm. AMEN

• kbugmom
    edited January 2009
    Options

Heavenly Father I know I am blessed. I am struggling with many things and I know I need to remember your way is the right way. My hearts desire is for all my family to be saved and to be here many more years for them. Bless my dear sisters who are in this boat with me and struggling also. I am continuing to claim my healing even when this looks bad. For you told me by your stripes I am healed. I know that you can calm our seas. Thank you for being the great I am. I praise your Holy Name.  AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

May your heart always

find peace and comfort in the knowledge

that you are never alone.

May God's presence ease your spirit

and give you rest when you need it.

He knows how you feel.

He is ever aware of your circumstances

and ready to be your strength,

your grace, and your peace.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

The Power of Pray Will Light Your Way

Prayer is so simple.

It is like quietly opening a door

And slipping into

The very presence of God.

There, in the stillness,

To listen for His voice,

Perhaps in petition

Or only to listen,

It matters not.

Just be there,

In His presence,

is prayer.      Anonymous

• barbe1958
    edited January 2009
    Options

I love the last post, thanks for sharing it...

• EWB
    EWB Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2009
    Options

Footprint- your last 2 posts fill the empty place in me today- thank you for sharing.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Do not fear,for I have redeemed you;

I have called you by name, you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be

with you; and through the rivers, they shall

not overwhelm you; when you walk through

the fire shall not be burned,

and the flame shall not consume you.

For I am the Lord your God.   Isaiah 43: 1-3 NRSV

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, Thank you for walking with us threw each day, O Lord,

I know you are helping us as our lift my burderns and fears.

There is so much We have to be grateful for and do not see,

Help all our friend fighting the same battle, know that

You are there also, Helping us to win. We Love You Lord and Leave it with You. AMEN