Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The power of prayer...

Options

Comments

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited January 2009
    Options

Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden,

and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from me,

for I am lowly in heart, and will find rest for your souls.  Matthew 11:28-29

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

The Lord is my shepherd;

I shall not want.

He maketh me lie down in green pastures;

He leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul;

He leadeth me in the path of righteousness

For His name sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of

the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil;

For thou art with me;

Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me

Thou preparest a table before me in the

presence of my enemies:

Thou anointest my head with oil;

My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

all the days of my life: And I shall dwell in the

house of the Lord for ever.  Psalm 23

• kbugmom
    kbugmom Member Posts: 8,310
    edited January 2009
    Options

Ladies I know prayer works I just feel like I screech please heal me now. This chemo has kicked my butt again . I cant keep much down and feel like giving in. That would please satan but not me or God. I have taken this chemo for one and a half yrs and in last few months I feel so bad when I get it. Sorry to vent here but I sure can use prayers. God is able. Bless you all...

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited January 2009
    Options

kbugsmom.....why have you had to take chemo for so long sweetie!!!  Bless your heart......I don't know how you are doing it.  I have one more treatment and I am at the end of my rope with it.

hugssss to all and have a blessed Sunday!!!

• EWB
    EWB Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2009
    Options

Kbugsmom- So sorry you are having a hard time with the chemo- enough is enough I expect. I have not had the pleasure of chemo but send the gentlest of hugs and kickass prayers your way.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, We have a dear friend kbugsmom that is in need of your gentle love, The chemo is making her weak, So bless her with strength to win the chemo battle. Satan get behind this wonderful woman. Lord let her know that she is a very important person to alot of people.

Bring encouraging people around her during these hard times, By the power of Your Holy Spirit,

who dwells within her, focus her mind upon the victory through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited January 2009
    Options

Kbug. Sending you prayers of support and encouragement.

Your faith will get you thru each day, one at a time, as they unfold.

You are in my thoughts always. Sending you some strength to persist thru the treatment plan, praying that it bringing miracles directly to you.

xx00xx00xx00xx00xx

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Father in heaven, thank You for the life You have given me, and for the eternal life promised

through Your Son, Jesus Christ.  Take my disease away, O God, and draw it to Yourself

along with my sins, my worries, and my fears. Lord, if You want me to live, help me learn

what I can do to help You to bring healing in my body. Bless and make wise my doctors and all who tend to my needs at this difficult time in my life. In Jesus name, amen

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Oh God, You are my God;

Early will I seek You;

My soul thirsts for You;

My flesh longs for You

In a dry and thirsty land

Where there is no water.

So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,

To see Your power and Your glory.

My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,

And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.

When I remember You on my bed,

I meditate on You in the night watches.

Because You have been my help,

Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.

Psalm 63: 1-2, 5-7

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, We come to You with thankfulness in our hearts, You help us to walk threw lifes hills and made it easier. Bless our friends that is going threw chemo, Comfort them with Your love. And help any others that are fighting too, That they know You are right there to help.  We thank You Lord for all You have given us. AMEN

Hope is the trust that God will fulfill His promises to us in a way that leads us to true freedom.

• Genia
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you for these beautiful prayers.....I haven't been feeling very well.  Seems each chemo is a little worse than the one before.  Just ONE more and I will be finished.......thank God!

hugsssss and hope you all have a beautiful day today

Genia

• lauralou
    lauralou Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2009
    Options

I so understand about not wanting to bother anyone anymore and feeling you are somewhat alone. But the Lord is there and he alone can shelter us from the storm. When everything else is stripped away, He will never leave us or forsake us! praise God for that truth.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, Thank you for every opportunity I have to let my light shine

through me to help others on their pathway. What ever the test, I rest

in the knowledge that You are always there and You will always take

care of me and those I love. Thank you for guiding me and loving me. Amen

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2009
    Options

The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never

leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

~Deuteronomy 31:8

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified...for the Lord

your God goes with you; He will never leave you not forsake you.

~Deuteronomy 31:6

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

~John 14:27

"Don't be afraid; just believe."

~Mark 5:36

Anxiety is the natural result when our hopes are centered in anything short of God and His will for us.                            -Billy Graham

Joy runs deeper than despair.          -Corrie Ten Boom

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

For You will light my lamp;

The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.

For by You I can run against a troop,

By my God I can leap over a wall.

As for God, His way is perfect;

The word of the Lord is proven;

He is a shield to all who trust Him.

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Father, Replace all of my pessimism with optimism, Fearfulness with hopefulness.

As Jesus healed the man with the withered hand, heal my withered attitude and

fill me with hope, as well as a desire to meet You in the midst of my pain and worry.

In Jesus name, I pray. Amen

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, We come to you with thankfulness in my heart for You. Lord you are so wonderful, And care for all of us, Even when we are all fighting, Lord, You are there for each one of us. Bless my friend Genia and others that are weak and fight, Let them remember that you are there. Thank you for all the wonderful people that help us to see the light. We love you Lord, AMEN

• Genia
    edited January 2009
    Options

Debbie you are such an angel........thank you sweetie!!! 

It seems each round of chemo is getting worse.  Thank God I only have one more to go........these prayers.....I know.....is what has kept me going.  Otherwise I would have given up a long time ago!!!  

God never said there wouldn't be dark times we would go through.......but he DID say he would walk with us.  And I know he has carried me most of the way.

hugs and love to all........genia

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases. Psalms 103:2-3

My help comes from the Lord,

Who made heaven and earth.

He will not allow your foot to be moved;

He who keeps you will not slumber. Psalms 121:2-3

• coonie
    edited January 2009
    Options

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.   ~James 1:12

Perseverance.jpg Perseverance image by vonzi1223

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2009
    Options

Coonie,

Nice plaque!

Spring (Beverly)

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Coonie, That sounds like what alot of us are doing with Gods help.

Dear Lord, Bless all the wonderful people here on this prayer line.

We are so grateful that we have You in are group with us,

Bless Genia and any others that are going threw a hard time.

We grateful to have coonie and Springtime here with us to remind us

how much You love us. Thank you for all our blessings, AMEN

• NanaOfTen
    NanaOfTen Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord,

I thank You for all my friends here who support me without even knowing me, with their prayers, kind thoughts and sharing of their stories to give strength to me and others facing paths they have already traveled and paths we are only starting on.

I pray You continue to show Your love, Your gentle touch when the times are hard, when we have decisions to make that we really don't know what to decide. Continue to be there for us, our medical teams, our friends and family, showering us with Your love and understanding, when we are short tempered, angry, and just plain tired of the fight ... You give us Your shoulder to lean on to carry us through. Thank you, Lord, in Jesus name, Amen

• susiered
    susiered Member Posts: 83
    edited January 2009
    Options

Nana that was a beautiful prayer. Thank you!

• coonie
    edited January 2009
    Options

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.  ~Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.   ~Psalm 29:11

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you."   ~John 14:27

peace.jpg @peace image by kweli_photos

• footprintsangel
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Lord, We have many sister here climbing very high mountain, Please remind them they are not alone, Bless them with Your loving and caring, Help them to know you are always there. Like Coonie picture of the dove, Peace I live with you. We love you Lord AMEN

• Genia
    edited January 2009
    Options

Good morning my sweet sisters!!!

I've really been struggling along the past few weeks.  I have one more round of chemo left and I'm finished with that part.  Then I have to have my breast surgery at some point.  

I've been having a lot of bone pain from the Neulasta shot they give me after chemo......and a lot of depression to go along with it.  I'm taking an anti-depressant.  But it's not helping very much right now.  

Been sayin some mighty big prayers......I'm just so tired of all of this!

I just wanted you all to know that I read what you post every day, and enjoy those sweet prayers and poems from you all.  Some days I just don't feel like posting anything.  Just know I am here...........

hugs and love to you all

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2009
    Options

Genia, Hang in there you lovely spirit!

Dear God, please give Genia's spirit endurance. Amen...

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited January 2009
    Options

I'm ashamed to say that I have been questioning God's plan for me.  He has been so gracious to me through all of this.  It could have been worse than it has been.  I have been trying to keep a good attitude and be a good example/witness of putting my strength in Him.  But now I keep wondering what He has in store for me.  Is this going to be it or is this going to be a cross He wants me to bear long-term?  I know that He will carry me through, but I am getting discouraged.  I pray for strength and comfort.  I'm having trouble putting together what I know to be true (that God will never leave me nor forsake me) and what I am feeling (that I'm not doing something right).

• coonie
    edited January 2009
    Options

The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights.   ~Habakkuk 3:19

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.   ~Psalm 46:1

Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.   ~Ephesians 6:10

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.   ~Philippians 4:13

I pray God's blessings on each and every one of you that are tired and weak. I pray for renewed strength to fight the battle and WIN THIS WAR!! We shall not be defeated!!! I pray for those that are discouraged......to feel hope and joy again in their lives.  Hugs and prayers......amen!

Strong.jpg Strength image by kylee4002