Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Chemo in Sept 08

Comments

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited November 2009

Chris, how long have you been on the Aromasin?

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited November 2009

Chris - I feel like Shirley Temple with this mop of curls. LOL

It's going to be in the low 80's here for the next few days. Cool 

Thinking of you Jane.

hugs Kiss

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited November 2009

So glad to hear all went well for Jane- Best wishes to you

• Springtime
    edited November 2009

Juli, I have a "mop of curls" too. Very different for me! I'm letting them really grow now rather than cutting and shaping every 2 months. It's fun, but I wouldn't mind going back to my regular hair either, if it happens! 

Jane, hope you are doing okay... 

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited November 2009

I'm home...DD picked me up around 10:30 this morning.  I'm feeling ok...not ready for a marathon.  Then again, I don't think I'll ever feel like a marathon as long as I'm on Femara.  The bottoms of my feet burn.  My joints hurt, especially knees, ankles and left elbow...and I have about 10 hot flashes a day.  I take Lyrica for the neuropathy and Tramadol for pain.

I don't know what removing my breast did to my estrogen, but...wow!  I've been having unbearable hot flashes about every hour, if not more!  They're wicked!

The put in a pain pump when they did the surgery.  I have a ball full of novacaine to carry arround with me.  It lasts about 48 hours - til tomorrow.  Then I "pull" the tube out from inside my breast.  At least it's smaller than the drain tube.

• Wink
    Wink Member Posts: 476
    edited November 2009

Happy to hear that all went well Jane.  I've never heard of the pain pump of which you speak...sounds interesting.  Do you have a drain tube also?

• Springtime
    edited November 2009

I had a couple of those "onQ" pain balls in my last surgery. Seemed to work quite well!!! 

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited November 2009

Hi Girls,

Glad to hear that you are home and doing well Jane. The pain ball sounds like a good idea, I am sure you will need it for a few days.

Spring I have been on Aromasin for 8 weeks and only get one or two mild hot flashes a day. I can't imagine how you could lower a scar, hope you have lots of skin??

Wink, nice to see you here again, how is life with you? I am one more lb down, 13 so far.

Hey girls, please update your photos so we can all see these wonderful curls. My hair is quite long, my whole head seems like a giant ball of curls, I swear my head looks twice the size, but I am told my face looks thinner. Hurray! Still working on the body!

Take care girls, Singapore Chris x

• Juli50
    edited November 2009

Jane - Wonder what triggered all the hot flashes! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited November 2009

Good job on losing weight Chris! It can be done, just is a much more concentrated effort!

Jane, How are you today? 

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2009

Hi over here Jane,I just messaged you back on FB. I'm  happy to see Genia has spoken to you and you're  feeling better. I like the idea of those pain balls.

I do miss eveyone here but hanging out with you here and there on FB is Kool too:)

Juli, I hope all works out for you and your son..

Speaking of hair...knowing that our hair is totally different..I have to tell you this hair story. One of my doc's assistants is locking her hair and I love it so much I want to do it. She gleefully told me I couldn't lock my hair because it's to fine and  curly...Bit*h...Hair hair hair...My grey hair is growing in so fast again...I can see why women stop coloring, though I wont.

If you remember my shoulder incident and how much pain after my shoulder was yanked over my head by whomever, and pain I had with each  raidation treatment even though I had 6 steroid shots into my shoulder joint..you will understand how angry I am that  still have pain and weakness of my right arm and hand when cooking or carrying...

My rheumy was reading my reports aloud last week and read my x-ray report from April...which he hadn't told me about...it said I got a near complete rotator cuff tear back then...he said "oops" after he read it to me. He hadn't told me or sent ther report to my Radiation Onc. I'm  speechless...I think  this town is too big and docs have too much to do. How many times did the staff get upset with me because my arm hurt so much when they tried to extend it...and annoyed with me...and  chastise me...I would love to chat with anyone but I'll call  YME...breast cancer advocates as  about how to proceed. I never got x-ray reports, or received  Physical Therapy and sometmes my hand is a  still week and a mess.

I will see  everyone again, for sure on FB but for now I'll take time off. Later I'lll come back and remove this.

take care,

miina

• Springtime
    edited November 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  (and Hello Chris! :) )

I am THANKFUL for all of you!

I just imagine this journey would have been more scary and lonely without all my "sisters".

God Bless you all! 

• Juli50
    edited November 2009

Mina - torn rotator cuff! OUCH! No wonder you were/are in so much pain!

Jane - thinking of you and hoping you are doing ok.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my sisters here! Love you!

hugs Kiss

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited November 2009

Happy Thanksgiving my sweet sisters!

love you all

• Springtime
    edited November 2009

Mina!! too much farming !!!  :)  rest that shoulder!!

• Jane_M
    edited November 2009

DD is cooking...should be interesting.  I'm doing good.  Getting around.  A little uncomfortable, but nothing I can't handle.

• Springtime
    edited November 2009

Hope you all had a great holiday. Do any of you go to these black Friday sales in the middle of the night? I am thinking, wouldn't it be easier just to order online and avoid the crowds?? hehe.

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited November 2009

I went ONE time....and I said NO MORE!!!!  Craziest thing I ever experienced!  People runnin over you....one lady tried to take something outta my cart.  It ain't worth it to me!

Jane glad you are getting around and feeling a little better.......hugs and love

• Juli50
    edited November 2009

No shopping for me on Black Friday. Usually I put up my tree today, but since I slept in till 10:45 (Yikes!) and am going to the movies at 1:30 pm to see "Old Dogs" with my b/f, mom, stepmom and sister, the tree will have to wait till tomorrow.

Still stuffed from yesterday. :) (pumpkin chocolate chips cookies were the best!)

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited November 2009

I wanted to see Old Dogs today, but hubby wanted to see New Moon, the teen "vampire" movie!!! :)

• Jane_M
    edited November 2009

My husband has to work a double today.  I ate half a pumpkin pie this morning/afternoon.  Then, the people from work sent me an "edible arrangement" so I've been eating fruit this evening.  I talked to my surgeon's office this morning when they called to remind me of my Monday appointment.  I asked if it was normal for the On-Q (pain buster) to still not be deflated?  The Dr was off, but her nurse called her and called me back and told me to take it out...it's been in since Monday, so I had my daughter pull the tube out this afternoon. We had to unwrap the bandage to do it.  This side is very concave compared to the other side.  They look nothing alike at all. I guess it doesn't really matter because no one will be looking at them anyway.

Did you know that if you go to bed at 10 PM every night and get up at 7 AM every morning, you won't be tired?  That's the expert opinion of my husband, "Dr. Ron."  He's also tired of seeing me just plop into my chair every night when I come home from work (of course, he's watching from his chair).  I should be up and around more - then I'd feel better.  I've also decided to let the girl who has been coming in a couple of hours a week go.  It's not worth arguing with him every week because she moved his stuff or put his ladder outside.  

• Springtime
    edited November 2009

hmm. I wouldn't let my cleaning lady go no matter what my husband said. !!!!  

I am glad to hear you can remove your own onQ pain ball tube -- I am going to ask for one again for my surgery on Tuesday.  I can use all the help I can get. ha.  

• theprettiestmess
    theprettiestmess Member Posts: 198
    edited November 2009

Hey pretty ladies...I'm here, reading, just not posting much. We had a great Thanksgiving (aside from my stepfather bolting his entire dinner in less than ten minutes because my mom scolded him for passing a hot dish to her without a potholder...she burned her fingers. Oy.) My son, Sam, is here from Florida until New Year's Eve, unless my prayers are answered and he decides that family is more important and supporting than friends are... I've had an awesome time cooking for him and Maddie... Hoping that your holidays went well for all.

No Black Friday shopping for me...I can't stand crowds...and I can't stand watching everyone pile on more debt. I'm a cash girl, and I like knowing that everything I buy is paid for in full. 

No snow yet...we've had some crispy rain, though...temps are in the low 30's. Sam's waiting for some snow to shovel. Ha!

I'm housesitting on the beach for a family from church. It's peaceful, and I can hear the foghorn from the lighthouse. There's something calming about the waves rolling up on the shore. 

Passed my stress test. The cardiologist said that he's never seen a better stress test from someone who's just a year out from cancer treatment. :)

I'm going to be starting a short fast in a week or so...detoxing and praying. Juice and water only. It's a good fast. I've done a Daniel fast before (fruit, vegetables, juice and water)...and when it was done, I felt like I had so much energy and I felt lighter...the scale agreed. It's not a crash diet by any means...

No scans on the horizon until September of 2010...still taking Aromasin at night, minimal hot flashes...but when I get one... holy smokes! It's like I'm on fire! LOL  No night sweats...thank goodness. I have to pay to get my laundry done, and if I were sweating through my sheets, I'd certainly be broke! LOL

Has anyone heard from Denise? 

Crank up that Christmas music, decorate your tree, and do all of your shopping on line! 

Love...

Robin

• SingaporeChris
    edited November 2009

Hi girls,

Lovely to hear from you Robin, sounds like you are doing really well.

Jane, don't over do it, your husband no matter how supportive cannot understand what a stress on your body the surgery has been, let alone the pain. Just sit in the chair as long as you think you need.  Have you been told to keep a good range of movement in your arm or does that only apply when you have your lymph nodes removed? Anyway take it easy, your body needs healthy food and rest.

Went to a great party last night with the Breast Cancer Foundation dragon boat team, new photo to prove I went as the Queen of England. Too much dancing, my feet hurt today :)

Glad everyone had a good thanksgiving, I have never heard of Black Friday, sounds scary, what is it. 

When I get to Holland I am going to send everyone a tulip bulb and we can all plant it and think about each other as it grows. All you will need is a little pot and some soil.

Spring, I am thinking of you and wishing you well for Tuesday, do you have to fly somewhere or can it be done locally?

Take Care girls, Singapore Chris x

• Juli50
    edited November 2009

Chris - love the pic! Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when all the stores have big sales hoping to get their books into "the black".

hugs Kiss

• SingaporeChris
    edited November 2009

Thanks Juli, that makes sense.

Spring thinking of you and wishing you well for tomorrow!

Jane, how are you doing?

Genia, Mina, Wink and Robin and hope  all is well.

Just had another leaving lunch, with the Breast Cancer Foundation Dance class, lots of tears all round. They said I am the friendliest caucasian they have ever met. How sweet, how sad.

Take Care and Stay There. Singapore Chris x

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2009

Morning girls,

Spring. wishing you the best...love your new photos on FB...

Chris, are you settling in yet?

I'm missing everyone here but glad we're all here  flashing and hot and not hot and  watching our weight:)

Hair...arr... After I put Henna in my hair two-three weeks ago, I read someplace, that as it wears off the grey hair  may turn orange. Guess what?:lol:lol  I looked in the mirror yesterday, with my glasses on and  "oops" Orange hair. Guess I'll plop my wig on when I  visit docs and others until I can get a professional color do...arr.

I wanted to do Black Friday. That wonderful day that supposed to make up the entire years earnings,  but  I didn't . That day isn't   called Black Friday in CA and TX...or at least I didn't hear those words when I lived in those two states...it's just called  day after Thanksgiving sales.

I like Black Friday more...makes me feel like something exciting is  happening.  One window sign said,"Black Friday all week." :):)

Target had $3.00 toasters, slow cookers, blenders, and other brand name appliances on sale and I wanted a toaster, but I couldn't do it. I did go  shopping early in am when my son was young  but no more. I  can't do the crowds either.

Oh Chris, we know how wonderful you are...glad they realize it too.

My lawyer...yes I may take this  further asked me two questions.

Did they tell me what was wrong with my arm and  did I finish my radiation...I'll take him the chart later this week and my Reumy's X-ray reports. If nothing else  I need to focus their attention on what happened to me. My Oncologist should have done more. ...we'll see ...

Chris, I'm  going to pray my "black thumb" cuts me some slack  with your tulip bulb this time.:)

Love you:)

take care  everyone:)

mina

OT

I've found so many of my dad's family...Moncurs...on FB... in the Bahamas...and maybe Martinique:)

I'm glad I used my maiden name when I signed on. What happens to children of divorce is what I went through. My dad's family, my grandparents loved me so much... then they were gone. I'm totally grateful God allowed this to happen. I wish  all feuding parents would leave their children out of all the bad feelings...Oh well,  "Alls well that ends well."

back later

mina

• Springtime
    edited November 2009

We are in New Orleans - surgery early tomorrow. Your good thoughts and prayers appreciated! 

• Lili46
    Lili46 Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2009

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way Spring. Good luck tomorrow.

Li 

• SingaporeChris
    edited December 2009

Thinking of you Spring.

Singapore Chris xx