Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Chemo in Sept 08

Comments

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited December 2009

Five in the morning and here I am.....insomnia is for the birds!!!

Did get my tree up....and it looks very pretty.  Gonna try to do some shopping today....don't have much to buy when ya don't have much money......lol.  But it will work out somehow.  My main priority is my youngest son and my two grandchildren.  I wanna make sure they have some things.

Juli....I was asleep when they took my port out.  Then again they took it out when they did my mastectomy.  They will probably give you Versed.....which just puts you in lala land and you don't care what they do to you.......but you are awake.  When you wake up you don't remember a thing.  That's what they did to me when they put mine in.

love ya girls

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2009

That is true about Versed. That stuff is amazing! You just don't care and are happy....

Give me a shot! LOL....  

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited December 2009

I've never heard of Versed, but it sounds good to me! Laughing

hugs Kiss

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited December 2009

My surgeon took my port out in her office.

• Juli50
    edited December 2009

Jane - The hospital is definitely overkill. jeez Undecided

I keep thinking about how hungry I will be. Yell So I will make up for it on xmas eve at my family party at my sister's. Wink

• Springtime
    edited December 2009

Eat up Jules! I am just delighted it will be OUT for Christmas!

sing to "All I want for christmas is my two front teeth" tune:

"All I want for Christmas is my damn port out, my damn port out, my damn port out....."

Laughing 

• Juli50
    edited December 2009

Thanks! Spring - you crack me up!

hugs! Kiss

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited December 2009

Glad everybody is doing well and that we are all in full Christmas mode!!!

Juli- I am so happy for you and know you will feel so much better once the port is out!! If I forgot- thanks so much for the beautiful card.

Genia- I know the insomnia thing..it is aggravating!

I hope that all of you have a SUPER Christmas and lots of laughter and good times.

Love and hugs to you all!

Lisa

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited December 2009

Hi Girls,

All going well here in Singapore, missing snow, but never mind. Both my boys are home so we are feeling wonderful and ready for Christmas.

Have a great time everyone, Merry Christmas.

Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited December 2009

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! i will be off the computer for a few days! 

• Juli50
    edited December 2009

Merry Christmas to you too!

I had the same nurse that couldn't get my IV in when I had the lumpectomy and port put in, and guess what...same thing happened. She didn't get any better at it in the last 15 months. Undecided

At least the port is out! Laughing

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited December 2009
    YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!! YAY!!YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!! YAY!!

Woot!

• Genia
    edited December 2009

Hugs Juli....glad it's gone!

Merry Christmas to you all.  

So glad God put you in my life....... :) 

• SingaporeChris
    edited December 2009

Hi Girls,

Excellent new Juli, congrats, relax and enjoy christmas now!

Love Singapore Chris x

• SingaporeChris
    edited December 2009

Hi Girls, Juli and Jane, I have just received your Christmas cards. Juli, what l a group of lovely men all around you!

Merry Christmas!  Singapore Chris x

• Juli50
    edited December 2009

Thanks, Chris, I love being surrounded by a bunch of big guys. :) And they like to look after their mama.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and an awesome 2010!

hugs Kiss

• Jane_M
    edited December 2009

Made it to VA safe and sound!  Will be enjoying the next 5 days with the kids.  Not missing the 16 degree weather back home.

• Juli50
    edited December 2009

Jane - Hope you have a fun and relaxing visit!

Laughing

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited December 2009

Merry Christmas, Glad your port is out Juli...YEAH!!!!

Sorry I never came over that much this month...glad you thought  about me and Christmas cards...

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. with your families.

I still  have my port but my doc wants to give me more time and you all know why. I don't mind and it's as if it's not there. It's probably coming out in February.

love and hugs...see you  later...God has given us a blessed Christmas...and it's all good!

• SingaporeChris
    edited December 2009

Happy Christmas Day Ladies,

Another healthy year for us to celebrate!  Enjoy yourselves everyone.

Love Singapore Chris xx

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited December 2009

Ladies, I may be wrong...and I often am,,, but  on Facebook  if you can't get on the site...I have to log in so you should be able to check it out,,,otherwise I'll  post it  on  the  FB msg FB  send  it via e-mail... only if you like.

I must confess, I  DO like the title of this article and had to share it with you. Now I'll try to make sense of it...:lol

Dietary Soy Linked to Lower Risk for Breast Cancer Death, Recurrence CME/CE, Recurrence CME/CE

http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/713789?src=cmenews&uac=106159DN

xoxoxo

mina

backacha Chris!:)

• Lili46
    Lili46 Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2009

Merry Christmas all you lovely ladies!!!

Li 

• Juli50
    edited December 2009

Li - Hope you had a great Christmas!

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited December 2009

Hope everyone had a great day. We went to a big family Christmas party (we traveled to be with family this Christmas) and they had Wii Sport! Very fun! 

New Years Next ladies! 2010!!!  

• woorus
    woorus Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2009

Dear Ladies

Here's wishing all of you a Blessed and Healthy New Year!

Sam 

• Jane_M
    edited December 2009

I'm back up here in the chilly north!  Brrr... When I got home, my reservation package for the breast cancer survivor's cruise was in the mail!  123 days away!!!! Yippee!!

I've made one, simple New Year's Resolution - I'm going to get myself a little notebook and write down 2010 things I'm grateful for this year - no repeats.  Whatdya think?

• Genia
    edited December 2009

Thanks Sam.....you too!

Jane I got mine too.....I have to call them cause they mispelled my name.  I'm looking SO forward to going with you.

I'm not gonna be able to take the Aromasin either.  If I keep taking it....I'm gonna end up in a wheel chair.  The pain in my legs from the hips down to my ankles is UNBEARABLE.  I'm having to take at least 2 pain pills per day...plus Motrin in between to just walk.  Not to mention the pain in my shoulders, hands and fingers!   I went to Walmart yesterday to kill some time before an appt and by the time I got out of there....I couldn't even lift my legs to get them in the car.  I had to sit down....then lift them with my arms to pull them inside the car.  NOT the quality of life I want and certainly not the quality of life I am willing to tolerate if it means not taking any meds at all.

Ok...I'm done complaining.  :(

Love you all

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited December 2009

Hi Genia,

Actually, your post gives me hope that my symptoms are due to the Femara.  I've been in so much pain, I've been thinking it just HAS to be mets, but I've been too afraid to say it out loud.  My pain is mostly in my shoulders, and mostly in the shoulder opposite where I had my mastectomy. I found some exercises online that help a little, but as soon as I'm done with the exercise, the pain/pins/needles, comes back.  What will you take now?

I had so expected to have all this energy since my red blood cells were at least on the lower end of normal.  Then I realized that even though I'm getting on the charts, my body is still working hard to recover all the way.  I can't believe all that we put ourselves through, and that we recover 1/2 as well as we do!

• Genia
    edited December 2009

Colleen....My Dr. told me if the Aromasin didn't work there were others we could try....but I'm not sure I want to.  This is my second one and I had so much hope it would be better than the Tamox, and in the beginning it was.....but now it's even worse!!!  I get up out of a chair and walk like an old woman all scrunched over and hobbling.  

The arm and shoulder pain......well in my sleep I like to sleep with my arm up under my pillow and my head on top of it.  I wake up and have to literally take my other arm and move it because it hurts so badly.  

I tried to get in the tub to take a bath in very warm water to see if that would help, and the pain to just squat down to sit was so bad I couldn't do it.  And if I mention to my husband that I am gonna have to switch meds again......he gets all outta sorts and tells me that if I have to live like this for 5 years to stay alive and keep the cancer away.....then that's what WE need to do.  He just doesn't get it..........

Sorry I'm being such a bummer.....I just want to feel NORMAL......and I thought I was headed that way.....to only be put back in the place of feeling like crap again! 

• Jane_M
    edited December 2009

Genia - did you try the prunes?  It may sound crazy, but I think it works (not 100%, but some).  I didn't bring prunes to VA with me and I was in a lot more pain when I was down there.