Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2010
    Options

Yes, I am trying to find out, colleen, what the dosage is? I read that the 81mg dose of baby aspirin we take is not enough. I wonder if you took one regular aspirin a day for 5 days a week, if that would do it? We need to find out. 

Below is a topic on this aspirin stuff if any of you want to follow. I have not read the latest yet today...

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/47/topic/748462?page=1#idx_5 

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited February 2010
    Options

When I started taking Tamox, I put myself on baby aspirin because I knew it would help prevent blood clots. Then I went to a different neurologist for the stinging issue and she said that aspirin could exacerbate the stinging and to stop taking it. Yell

hugs Kiss

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited February 2010
    Options

I don't know why, but for some reason, I have been feeling very on-edge/crabby this past week, but I can't put my finger on why...I started taking OPC and Curcumin and stopped the Femara.  Do you think either of those have anything to do with it, or is it just one of those things?

• Springtime
    edited February 2010
    Options

Jane, What is OPC? I take Circumin and it didn't make me crabby when started. Maybe just all the changes. You stopped Femara so the Estrogen is coming back into your system. I'd say give it a couple of weeks to even itself out. 

Jules, are you taking the aspirin or no? I am going to do it! I think 3 baby aspirin a week and 2 ibuprofin. Sort of spread it around. LOL. 

Genia, WHAT DID THE ONC SAY NOW??? 

• Juli50
    edited February 2010
    Options

No, I stopped taking it when she told me to. Obviously, it didn't make a difference with the stinging, so I should start taking it again, eh?

Jane said OPC is a vitamin/supplement.

How come I don't know about the Curcumin? How much do y'all take?

• Jane_M
    edited February 2010
    Options

I take 400 mg of curcumin.  The OPC has grape seed extract and some sort of tree bark stuff.

Juli and Genia - go to cruisediva.com - I found a lot of good stuff there today...packing lists, luggage tips, etc.

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited February 2010
    Options

I go to the Dr. tomorrow.  I had to cancel my appt on Weds because we got more SNOW and the roads were horrible.  Coudn't get in to see the new Dr. until March......so I'm going to my Rad Onco tomorrow.  Hopefully she will send me to a Rheumatologist. 

Still having pain......doesn't seem QUITE as bad as it was.  I talked to a BC survivor that has been NED for 9 years.  She said it took her a good 2 years to start feeling better after her chemo.  She thinks a lot of my bone pain is from the chemo.  I wouldn't doubt it one bit......those are pretty toxic drugs we had pumped through our veins.

I'll let you all know what she says........love ya girls.

Jane thanks for the link......I'll check it out

• Springtime
    edited February 2010
    Options

I use this curcumin below, and I take 2 a day. I started with one. It's a powerful anti-inflamatory and fights cancer cells. !!! And is not TOXIC!!! Nor a drug!!

I also take 5K vitamin D, Iodoral (an iodine supplement), Tamoxifen, Green Tea supplements (and I drink 75 oz of green tea a day, typically), DIM, Fish Oil, Aspirin, and a slew of supplements, but those are the important ones for cancer, I feel. 

http://www.agelesscures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=2   SuperCurcumin C3 w/Bioperine 1000mg

• Springtime
    edited February 2010
    Options

GOOD LUCK GENIA!!! I hope you ask about the Aspirin study! Love to know what she thinks.

• Genia
    edited February 2010
    Options

I will ask her Bev....if I can remember.  Need to write it down.

I think I will order a bottle of the Curcumin.  Sounds like it would be very beneficial.  I often think I have SOME sort of auto immune disease.  Remember how I said I used to get hives constantly.  I mean I kept them all the time and the only thing that would help at all was prednisone.  What does prednisone do?  It helps with the inflamation which in turn made the hives disappear.  Before I was diagnosed with cancer I would get them so bad they would eve get on my face and cause swelling.  I haven't had them recently tho....not sure why, but I haven't.  Just occasionally I will get a small patch on my rib cage.  I often wonder if there could have been a correlation between the hives and my breast cancer.  

I need positive thoughts and prayers for my daughter.  She is basically homeless right now and it is tearing my heart out because I can't let her come here.  The last time I let her come here to stay the cops ended up standing in my living room because she called them on my husband and told them he was drinking and driving.......because she was pissed at him.  She also told ME that my husband had taken out a life insurance policy on me after I was diagnosed with cancer.  Another lie.....but she is vindictive and hurtful when she is on drugs, and I can't allow her in my home and take a chance on someone going to jail.  My husband has been my rock through all of my illness and has waited on me hand and foot when I was too sick to do it myself.    SHE on the other hand never lifted her finger to help me in any way.  Anyway.....I know God has a plan for her.....I just hope she lives long enough to find out what that plan is.

Love you all

• Springtime
    edited February 2010
    Options

Genia, start slow on the Curcumin and make sure your system is okay with it. Very interesting about the inflamation and hives! You may be onto something there. I wonder if that could all be related, also, to the Fibermyalga?

Let us know what the Doc says about everyyyyyyyyyyyything.

Sorry about your daughter. That girl has been in issue on and off through this whole time. She needs to make her own way, and you know she can't be with you. Is she the one with a son though? Good grief Genia, must break your heart.... But you are right, you need to stick by DH after all this time he stuck with you! 

• Genia
    edited February 2010
    Options

I'm home....and not happy. 

She is sending me to a Rheumatologist for the bone pain.  She said the Aromasin has a 1/2 life of 3 weeks....so if that's what is causing this pain....it should be getting better by now.  She also said she has so many patients on AI's and Tamoxifen that can't tolerate them and have to go off of them.  I hope I am not one of them.  I am off of them for 2 more weeks then she is gonna put me back on Tamoxifen.  Ten mg's in the morning and 10 at night.  She said that it is better tolerated to split it up like that. 

I found a lump 3 days ago.  I didn't mention it to you all.......because I feel like all I do is complain and worry.  She checked it and said "it didn't feel right".  It's on my chest about 2 inches above where my tumor was.  It's about the size of a pea and hard.  So she's sending me to my surgeon and wants me there soon.  She wants him to do a needle aspiration on it and she said it would take about 3 days to get the results to find out what kind of cells was there.  Now I'm about sick with worry......just don't know how much more I can deal with right now.  

She gave me stronger pain meds.....and changed my Lyrica to Neurotin (sp?)  to see if it would help more.

• Genia
    edited February 2010
    Options

Oh I did ask her about the aspirin Bev.....she said to take it.   She rambled off some stuff about studies and such but by that time I was not paying much attention to what she was saying because she has just told me about the surgeon.   She said to only take the low dose.  Hope this helps.

• Springtime
    edited February 2010
    Options

Oh my Genia, this is so upsetting. I remember feeling a lump too, it FREAKED ME OUT. Mine ended up being fat necrosis, but it weighed on my until I knew what it was. No woman wants to feel a lump on her chest after what we've been through!!!! 

I am so sorry. It's like it just never ends.

Also, the fact that she is saying the AI should be about out of your system by now, is making me thing more about the Fibermyalga.

I am so sorry. I will pray for you again Genia! We are here for you. Please don't hold stuff back. this is the safe spot.  

• Juli50
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Genia - Geez Louise! Big hugs g/f! Kiss
  • bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited February 2010
    Options

Miss talking to you, my sisters more and more...even though we hang out on FB, I still miss you..

.((((Genia)))) my heart  goes out to you about your daughter.

My son whom  I may not have totally shared about until now has Aspergers and  a rage problem when he  angry...usually because  he''s frustrated... and yes I see the information about women over 40 and Autistic Spectrum Syndrome....and yes if I knew that when I was 40 I still may have had my darling son. I do remember telling one of my friends that everyone in my high functioning support class had grey hair...I thought I would be the oldest mom...I wasn't and I was 47 with a 5 year old.

Last week he slammed my laptop to the floor...and as some of you know from my BullS*it stories on FB my hard drive cracked:my computer is dead.  He has been without individual therapy...which he needs all the time... since October. He has someone to start March 4th..YAY!!!

I fantasize about living alone  with less stress...but he is always so remorseful. ...God bless him...and God bless your daughter...God bless all of us...A Rheumatologist will most likely diagnose you and you will get better...that is what happened to me  when I was diagnosed by one. 

Of course Sarah Palin's son is on government insurance...no  regular insurance plans will cover children with Down's Syndrome, Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy/Mental Retardation  or Autism. Some people say the most ridiculous things...Research  bloggers please...research.  My son has Medicaid and Medicare for adult disabled children. He has a part time job and is in a relationship which I stupidly tried to advise him on..he is an adult...and has an avg IQ :lol  

My computer is ded because of my unwanted advice...no more:):)

Genia, we are so close, please never think you are doing anything too much...and we love you... so there.

I will pray for you Genia and all of us...My Mafia  fighting friend...I love you. 

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Genia, I am thinking about you and praying that you new lump is nothing, remember 9 out of 10 lums are not cancer.  I know it is different for us having been through so much, but whatever it is we are here for you.  Please don't worry about moaning, it's alright and we are here and will always try to understand. As far a you daughter is concerned, as hard as it sounds, you need all your strength for yourself at the moment, and if she moved in again, you would only feel more stressed and that is not a good thing. You take care of yourself and your lovely husband and I really hope your dear daughter will sort herself out soon.

Mina, sorry to hear about your son and your computer, I am sure things will get better when he gets some help in March. Life is hard, but I know you really love him and probabloy wouldn't have it any other way.

Spring, how are you recovering from your surgery, is everything good now, or do you still have some pain or strange feelings in the surgery area?

Jane, Juli and Colleen, thinking about you all and hoping you are feeling good.

I had a wonderful weekend with my mum and brothers, it is so good to be close to England again.

Take Care girls.  Love Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hi all, Mina, are you at the library using the computer now that your hard drive is kaput? What's up with that? I am sorry. I hope you someday can live with less stress. Less stress for all of us!!

Chris, I am doing with all surgeries, just need a part of an areola tattoo someday, not in a rush. I have been going through lymphedema treatment, mostly in my trunk, but was so bad it backed up into my upper arm, so that is not good. But am on the mend now, the LE therapy is working. My arm is back to normal, and now they're focusing on the trunk. Thanks for asking. I do have some strange sensations from all the surgery and the rads, but oh well, I hope in  time it dissipates.  

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hi Grils,

Hope all is well, Genia we are waiting to hear how you are, please let us know asap. 

I officially set up my new coaching business today, so I am now legal. Kiss

Take care, Singapore Chris c

• Genia
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hey Chris.....I'm still around.  Trying not to worry about the lump situation.  Nothing I can do to change it........no matter what it is.  So I guess I'll wait until he checks it and tells me what he thinks I need to do.  I haven't been sleeping in my bed....so the bone pain doesn't seem to be as bad.  I sleep in my recliner.  I have for the past two nights.  I can't roll onto my hips in my chair....so they don't hurt like they were.  Still a month away from going to the Rheumy......I just need a new body.....anyone know where there is one for sale?  lol

Chris....glad you got to spend some time with your family.  That's always a good thing.

I'm glad your lymphedema treatments are working Beverly.  That crap is very unpleasant when it builds up like that.

I hadn't talked to my daughter until last night.  Then we ended up arguing like we always do.  She is so self centered it drives me crazy.  She's at a friends house until tomorrow......so she said.  Then she said she will be going to a homeless shelter.  I know I am being  cruel by saying this.....but at 24......there should NOT be a reason she should be in a homeless shelter except the fact that she hasn't provided for herself and has depended on others to make her way.  If she hadn't done that....she would have a job and a place to live.  Just really irritates me that I'm not ABLE to work....and I want to.  And she IS able to work and she won't!!!

Ok...off my soap box now.

Love you all

• Jane_M
    edited February 2010
    Options

Love your 11th commandment, Genia.  Just think...in 67 days you, Juli and I will be cruising to the Carribean.  You can sit under an umbrella on a deck chair on the Serenity deck with a refreshing drink in your hand and a handsome ship's mate waiting on your every need.

• Genia
    edited February 2010
    Options

And I'm goin if you two have to CARRY me on that ship!!!  The sunshine and breeze blowin through my hair sounds heavenly.  I think I'm lookin forward to a massage almost as much as anything!   Ahhh....that serenity deck, a drink and a good book!  My kind of vacation........

• Genia
    edited February 2010
    Options

Oh and most of all........I'm looking forward to finally getting to see you and Juli!!!  NEXT is the massage......lol

• Springtime
    edited February 2010
    Options

You girls are so cute!  I love the idea of you all on a cruise. I hope you take pics and post a link for us to look at!!! 

Genia, you are so right about your DD situation. It is amazing that she can and won't,  and you want to and can't. Life is so precious, and it makes me insane to see people wasting it. 

I have noticed something in me. People moan and groan, and I think to myself, well yeah, but it isn't cancer. Sorry, can't help it!!! This crap gives you a new perspective on EVERYTHING!!! 

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited February 2010
    Options

Genia, how is your grandchild?  Is she with your daughter?

• Genia
    edited February 2010
    Options

I do the same thing Beverly.  Head colds just take on a whole new perspective....lol

Colleen....no neither of my grandchildren are with her.  My grandson is with his dad.....and my grandaughter is still with the family that has had her for the last 3 years.  It's just a MESS!!!

• Juli50
    edited February 2010
    Options

Genia - I will wheel you around (in a wheelchair) all over that ship and make sure you get the royal treatment! You deserve it!

Hugs Kiss

• Genia
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Aww....Juli I know you would!!!  Hopefully by that time they will figure out what's wrong with me and I'll be able to walk without pain.  I sure hope so......but if not.....I'm not too proud to be pushed in a wheelchair to not have the pain.  I appreciate that Juli.....you are such a sweetheart and I can't WAIT to give you the biggest hug you can imagine!!!!  Lotsa hugs for both of you......    Laughing
  • Juli50
    edited February 2010
    Options

If we were going to Disneyland, they would let us go to the front of all the lines! My son got to do that at Grad night. He had to be home schooled his last semester of senior year because his Crohn's was so bad, but he made it to the graduation ceremony and Grad night. I will always remember him asking me, "Mom, am I going to die?" It broke my heart. He got down to 89 lbs. He's 22 yrs old now, up to 106 lbs and doing great. (Still trying to get back to his high of 115 lbs.) He went through all that because my ex switched his insurance to an HMO to save money and didn't know that my son would have to find all new doctors and go off his meds. Stupid ex and stupid insurance!

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hi All, my friend passed today. This was the lady who I was helping. I am so sad. But, she went quick, her family was praying that if she can't be healed, please take her. They told them 2 weeks ago she had 6-12 months. Yesterday it was down to 2 weeks, and she passed this morning. 

I think she was stage 4 to start with, and they for some reason didn't know it. I find this so sad. I am sure she would not have spent the last year in Chemo, and radiation if she really knew how little time she had.

Girls, live it up!!! Make the most of each day. Don't sweat the small stuff. Love your family and friends!