Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Join us on the mountain

Options

Comments

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    edited October 2008
    Options

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited October 2008
    Options

Wow, girls, I just got home from the weiner roast, it was fun and got to know people a little bit better.  One lady really touched my heart she brought me a gift she made herself, it was yellow mums planted in an antique tea pot.  I love it and was so surprised.

Love all the peaceful beautiful pictures posted tonight.  What a rustic cabin, how cool is that?

DSC05884.jpg After we cleared the ground, made the fire, and laid out our sleeping bags image by phlank2000

Tonight I am just going to crawl into my sleeping bag and get to sleep because all weekend will be busy working.  Will be back Monday.  I will be missing you guys so much.  I am putting you all in my bag and if I have a problem I will whisper in there, "what should I do now"  then I will be OK.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Enjoy the grandbabies and make some smores over the fire. Enjoy the cool weather and maybe Sahalie can find us a mountain with some fog.  We all love fog if we don't have to drive in it.  Lots of hugs and love

• sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited October 2008
    Options

OK.  I think that picture needs a time out so will find another one.  Stay tuned.

XOXO

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Spar.  Welcome home.  Your teapot gift from the lady sounds lovely. 

See*  You do so much kindness Spar.  You are also making a friend gifts and

you receive a gift.  It's all in his plan you know.

Sleeping bags and camp fire look comfy.  If you get cold come on in the cabin.

I will find you a foggy mountain.  Plenty of those around here some of the time.

Leaves all over the place here today.  Fall for reals is here.  Sleep well dear friend.

XOXO.

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Celia.  I edited the invisible one on the first page with this one.

Tell me if this one shows up.  I hope so cuz it's really neat.

Circle and straight line

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    edited October 2008
    Options

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

That's it.  Hallelujah.  Finally.  I had more problems with the one I wanted to show you but

this one is pretty neato don't you think.

Check your valentino's XOXO

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Something so natural stirs such beauty in the mountains.

Stump and cracked rock

• Mary-Lou
    Mary-Lou Member Posts: 630
    edited October 2008
    Options

I thought it looked like an ashtray with a cigarette.  (No I don't smoke anymore.)

You guys I just posted pictures at the beach that I took of my mountains here in Va. Did I tell you I live at the foothill of a mountain?

Here it is on the top behind my home about a mile back up. It was a little to much haze the day I took these. But it lets you see what I see everyday. I love it here it is beautiful.

Some history of this Mountain:

Named for John Draper who was one of the early settlers of the Virginia Frontier and the land along the New River. Draper first settled at Draper's Meadows near present day Blackburg, Virginia but in 1755, Shawnee Indian made their way from the Ohio River Valley to raid the Virginia Frontier. As a result of one of those raids, Bettie Robertson Draper (John's wife) and her sister-in-law, Mary Draper Ingalls and five other were taken captive and taken back to the Shawnee Camps in the Ohio River Valley. Mary Draper Ingalls escaped and traveled on foot more than 850 miles back to the new River Valley. Bettie Draper lived for 6-years with the family of an Indian Chief before John Draper found her and was able to barter for her release. In 1765 John and Bettie Draper moved from Draper's Meadow to the area seen below which is known as Draper's Valley.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I do wish you could see the real beauty.....this is high in the sky where I'm standing....

• Mary-Lou
    Mary-Lou Member Posts: 630
    edited October 2008
    Options

I will be in NC this week end, I will bring back some more pictures ....

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Been a wild and wooly day.  Clouds in.  Thank goodness for major down sleeping bags.

z  z   z z z z z zzzzzzzzzzzz  z z z z   zzzzzzzz

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited October 2008
    Options

MountainSunrise.jpg picture by chemosabi1

Sunrise in the mountains.  It breathtaking.  Hope the sunshine warms your hearts, as it looks like it will be a beautfiul day.

Nicki

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Watch where you step when leaving your tents.  Check your boots.

There are some interesting creatures said to be living in the mountains. 

Sasquatch, nutty witches. etc.

You never know what you'll run into one so bring your

digital's.

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Mary Lou.  

Have a wonderful time in NC.  Your mountains where you live are beautiful.

Thank you for the pictures.  The information is fun to read about the history of Draper's Valley.

Virginia is a most beautiful state.  I've been there many times.  The lightening storms are so

huge.  I love the fireflies.

• SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2008
    Options

Just curious, is this an off-limits thread, too?  I'd like to know who is allowed on the mountain, just to make sure I don't step on anyone's toes.

• bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2008
    Options

I was about to ask the same thing.  Not that I post that often.

• SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2008
    Options

Me either.  I don't post pictures, much, either, but I do love the mountains, just as I love the beach.  When I was growing up we lived right in between the 2 and split our vacations between them  One of my favorite places was Inspiration Point in Idylwild, CA, near Hemet.  My dh and I camped there every summer with my parents while we lived in CA.  Maybe I'll be able to dig up a picture.

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Brr r  r r   rrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr r rrrrrrrrrrrrrr  rrrr rr rr r feel that chill.  

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467
    edited October 2008
    Options

Hi I was wondering if anyone is invited here. I am not a mountain person, basically cause I always went to the shore more. But these pics are so gorgeous. My DH and I have a had a few vacations to NY state where all is beautiful I have lots of good pics but don't know how to get them here. I have to have my DD's show me,yet again!!! 'till then I will enjoy these pics here.

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Anne's beautiful Mt. Hood in Oregon.

Timberline Lodge.  Massive and majestic.

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Candie.  Of course.  Welcome.  Some of the girls are working this weekend and others are out

of town.  You are so very welcome and would love to share in your pictures. 

You don't have to post pictures to join in.  I'm so glad you are here.  Happy weekend!

Sahalie

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited October 2008
    Options

Such beautiful pics have been posted.  I love the mountains.  The air always smells so fresh.

Mary-Lou, DH and I were in the Shenanadoah Valley this past summer.  We stayed at Walnut Hills Campground, just outside Staunton.  We rode our bike up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Dr.  You live in a gorgeous state.  We want to go back again.

Sahalie, I love your little rustic cabin.

Celia, I am quite familiar with the area around Stroudsburg.  It is beautiful!

Today we are heading out on the bike, with friends.  We are going to the mountains, to a town called Jim Thorpe, which is very artsy-craftsy.  Then we are going to a place called Penn's Peak to enjoy the fall foliage.  I'll take some pics.  You can see for miles!

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

IMG_2883.jpg picture by chemosabi1

Fall in the mountains.  Its beautiful colors make me feel wonderful.  Majestic.  Going for a mid morning walk, the crunching noise from walking on fallen leaves seems to echo in the mountains.  A gloriuos sound, although a reminder that the snow will follow soon. 

I have comcast, and I was watching on demand.  Found a whole series of short movie clips just for breast cancer.  There was one just for bco.org!  My DH and I watched it.  Dr. Marisa was talking about bco, even showed the discussions boards.  It was wonderful...I felt such fondness.  It reminded me of what it was like to be newly diagnosed and that one moment...when I accidently found bco.org...a life saver for me.  I don't know how I would have gotten through this journey without all the friendships and support I received here.  Im so thankful Dr. Marisa started this site for us.  And hoping that those who are just beginning their journey - find this to be a respite from the storm.

Mountains?  We dont have any mountains in the Chicago area.  When a cold front comes in over Lake Michigan, the dark clouds look like mountains.  As Im driving, I pretend to think Im living in an area where mountains are in ones view everyday.

Candie:  Hi to you.  Its been along time since I have had a chance to talk to you.  Mountains are beautiful and mysterious. 

Sheri:  I would love to see a picture of inspiration point.  I bet it is as pretty as its title. 

Blue:  Shouting out a big hello to you.  I know, as we move on - it becomes harder and harder to post.  Were it not the week-end, I would not have found this wonderful place.  How is that new grand baby of yours?  Would love to take an old fashioned buggy ride with you.  Ya know "over the mountains and through the woods to grandmothers house we go."

SoCal:  Im hoping you find the mountains.  I bet you have some fantastic pictures to post - as you have been so many places in this world.

Saint:  HiYa my dear friend.  We havent heard from you since Las Vegas.  I hope you all had a wonderful time, and really want to hear what you all did.

Mary-Lou:  I want to tell you, I really enjoy the pictures you post.  I went to your website and its really great.

Janny:  Hi to you and hope you have a great ride.  Its going to be 79 here in Chicago here to today and the Fall colors are beautiful.  Im trying to imagine going for a bike ride in the mountains.  How cool that would be.

Margo:  If your reading, I must admit I am jealous of you.  You see the mountains everyday!  And can sit at a taco bell and watch the waves.  

Well, Im off to take my dear dog Mister for a walk.  I will imagine the two of us walking in the mountains.  I have a great picture of him.  I will post it later.  But right now, I've gotta go - there are some some wonderful mountain adventures out there.

Nicki 

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Janny mountain bike girl.  Have a great time feeling the mountain air gently touching your grins as

you, friends and dh ride amoung the beauty of Penn's Peak.

For all our Mountain girls who are dealing with this and that and some more of that*

New life can open up to you if you look for it,
    Keep asking questions, keep looking
    For new paths.

Look for new love, new energy,
    New passion, new learning;

Abandon the old grip of destructive self-sabotage;
    Allow it to weaken and fade, to die from
    Neglect, disuse.

Feed the growing passion which flows through you,
    Through the earth and the universe, if you let it.

Feed the enthusiasm, Let it take you
    Where your heart wants to go;
    If it feels right it is right.

Explode into life with the unimaginable
    Possibilities inside and all around you.

Ride Free Janny.   See you on the other side of the mountain.

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

It's that time of year again.  Gremlins, witches and Ghouls make their appearance at Halloween.

Have fun decorating and crafting.  BOO.  

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2008
    Options

Halloween.  One of my favorite Holidays. 

The mystery of halloween...in the mountains...such a wonderful thought.  My imagination is taking me to so many places.  What costume to choose?  There must be lots of costumes that would fit right in the mountain motiff.  And food?  What kind of food should we cook at a mountain halloween party?  What could our menu be?

Nicki

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

Familiar Halloween Time faces.  Boo Hootie.

Goblins and Ghosts.  Tricksters and Treats.  

Halloween in the mountains

A supportive new hike to complete.  Yowsers. 

• shrink
    shrink Member Posts: 131
    edited October 2008
    Options

Sahalie- That mummy picture reminds me of the wrapping I have to do for my lymphedema arm. I could just keep going and go out for Trick or Treat. Candy is always a happy thing. I live in Pennsylvania and am appreciating the gorgeous foliage and weather we're having right now. Last year at this time, I was finishing up with the chemo. Things look a lot brighter now.

• sahalie
    edited October 2008
    Options

• livesstrong
    livesstrong Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2008
    Options

Let's take a walk in the woods of New Hampshire -

Photobucket

Valerie