Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    edited January 2011

I was looking at recipes today, trying to decide what to take to a Super Bowl party we're going to, and found several fondue recipes that look good.  If the party was at our house I'd borrow my
    Dau's fondue pot and try one, but the party's always at the house with the biggest tv, and that's not ours.  DH loves to cook and he usually makes something off the wall, while I do more conventional stuff.

Yeah, HnS, some of those college years are pretty vague, now---I sorta rebelled after serving 2 very chaste years at an all girls Baptist college (Meredith, the "Angel Farm" in Raleigh, Amyjo) and I just thoroughly enjoyed myself after I transferred.  Did some serious smokin' and always get a nostalgic feeling when I hear Rod Stewart's Maggie!  It's a wonder I ever graduated, now that I think about it. 

Barb, send more pics!!

Kathy

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited January 2011

Well, I must have run with a slow crowd...all we ever did was drink and smoke

regular cigarettes

• socallisa
    edited January 2011

I couldn't believe I saw tulips growing today

• socallisa
    edited January 2011

along with poinsettias

this is the time they get red here

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    edited January 2011

Wow, HnS, we saw a lot of the same bands. I was a total dope smoking hippie chick after I got busted for pot (and it was oregano in a cannister in the kitchen), had an apology from the police but not my parents. They really p'd me off so I figured, OK they think I do this so WTF. Anyway, long story short, I got tired of that and started being real.

Mandy - ((HUGS))

MB and Kathy, I want fondue!!

Lisa, KILLER pix!!

Here are more pix:

http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac213/barbaraarcher/Cruise%20Pictures/

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited February 2011

Lisa, I'm like you.  Actually, I didn't even know anyone who was doing anything but cigarettes and alcohol.  But it was a small town college and I graduated in 1964.  The drug scene didn't hit the area until a few years later. It was so backwater the juke box in the coffee shop even had some music from the 40's!

• socallisa
    edited February 2011

hey Chabba, i graduated from college in 1964 too..must have been the era

• mandy1313
    mandy1313 Member Posts: 978
    edited February 2011

I graduated in 68 and managed to miss it all. There was plenty going on but I wasn't part of it.    My idea of a "cool" evening was to go to a cafe with friends and have a glass of wine.  I went to rock shows but also to ballet, broadway, concerts....they were good years even for a "square" like me.

<3

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    edited February 2011
    welcome back from wonderland Barbara! the pictures were wonderful.. this 2nd hand traveling is wonderful. i get to see the places, and someone else pays!lol glad you had a great time.. hope the party goes well, MARYBE; im stuffed. ate at the buffet; though tonight i was suppoosed to eat light. test is 10 30 tommorrow, so i'll be ok...oops
  • Unknown
    edited February 2011
    OK, ladies, here is the fondue.  These guys were light eaters and there was a ton left, but I am having several other fondue parties this month and know the one group really gobbles up the stuff, plus for sure there will be no leftover wine with that group.  I did the onion tart appetizer and Kelly made this wonderful potato plate with salmon, creme fraiche, and red onions and Tammy made a great salad and then I did chocolate mousse for dessert.  I think a good time was had by all and alas I am the only one of the group who has to be at work at 7 AM tomorrow.  Tim made the statement in front of everyone that he would clean everything up in the morning so I am going to hold him to it. 
  • QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    edited February 2011

3 jays, remember to feel our hands holding yours tomorrow!

Kathy

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    edited February 2011

3jays, holding your cyber hand!

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    edited February 2011

3jays...I am there with you, holding your hand. Chin up !!

Isabella.

• mandy1313
    edited February 2011

3jays: sending good vibes and holding your hand. Mandy

• mandy1313
    edited February 2011

Marybe: that meal looks amazing. Would love to have your onion tart recipe if you are willing to share it.

Have a nice day all.

Mandy

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited February 2011

GRRRR! It is still sofreaking cold outside-and very cloudy!! So I went tot he doc yesterday finally after several weeks of just feeling awful. I hate the doc!!! No, I mean I love mine-he is a great guy-but just so tired of white coats!! I have a UTI and Candida infection on the skin outside of my "private parts." Good Lord, what will my HP think up next. I feel cursed!! Even having dreams of somebody have a vodoo doll-a la moi- and just sticking pins in it. Good lord, I cannot keep my eyes open and am falling face first into my keyboard. Doc has me on dyflucan, Cipro and promethazine-GRRR again-I SO want to go out and play!! I demand a warm sunny day and God laughs!! 3J-did they do the test and any result yet??? Sending angels and prayers gal. Big hugs to all, SV

• suzie14
    suzie14 Member Posts: 208
    edited February 2011

SV...so sorry you have that crud going on...hope the meds kick in SOON, you don't need that c%$p.

3jays...how did the test go, did they give you yhe results or do they make you sweat it out....hope not.

Marybe...you can send the leftovers here...they won't go to waste...just my waist!

Lisa...poinsettias and tulips...to beautiful.

Barbara...loved the pix, thanks for sharing.

I called myself snowed in for today! With the blizzard scheduled to start soon I will be snowed in tomorrow as well and will close the clinic. Actually am feeling puny today, so I needed the time to vege out.

suzie

• Isabella4
    edited February 2011

Oh girls...you just have to go to the stage 4 forum...Queen of Gas contest.

I am howling with laughter. Haven't laughed so much in years !!!

Isabella.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    edited February 2011

SV - sorry you are having a rough time right now. What have you heard about the house?  Hope you can get it.

Suzie14 - It is good to take time off and just rest, especially if you are feeling puny.  Enjoy the time to vege out.

Marybe - I think I have the pictures down now.  Here is one of a Hummingbird Moth. We get a ton of them in the Spring and they love our flowers.  It sort of looks like a hummingbird, but if you look close you can see the antena that indicate it is a moth.  They fly backwards like hummingbirds and they can hover too.

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm.  Joy and blessings, Amy Jo 

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011

OMG-AmyJo, I have seen hundreds of these but never knew what they were-how cool is that!! OK, a friend sent this one so I cannot take the credit.....

Now isn't that just the cutest thing ever!!! XXOO, SV

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited February 2011

I was going to invite everyone to central NM where the weather has been springlike for a long time but forget it now.  It started snowing last night and hasn't stopped.  It's 13 with a wind chill of 7- so...... no relief here. 

• Unknown
    edited February 2011

Yeah, AmyJo....I knew you could do it if I can....wonderful picture, almost as good as some Lisa posts.   Isabella. Are you competing in the contest?.  Suzie....Leftovers are on the way and Mandy I am going to PM you the recipe for the onoin tart....got it out of a magazine and decided to try it since it looked good and we needed a non-cheese appetizer.  Tonight I am eating red beans and rice out of a bag and it is amazingly good for a packaged premixed deal.....wish I could go to NO for the real thing, but would not want to be there for Mardi Gras.  And SV...what next, an allergic reaction to the antibiotics?....I used to get UTIs all the time and know how miserable they are....sort of had chronic vaginitis for a long time and should have bought stock in Monistat7.  3Jays, hoping to hear  your tests went well soon.  No I am going to go check out the gassy Stage lV gals.   Tomorrow I see the PT and cannot wait.  

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011
    AmyJo, you got a pix onto the Board-way to go girl!!! I would not have known it is MB was not keeping track. And I checked out the stage 4 forum and think the moderators bleeped alot of things. I cannot find what you are reading Isabella. OK, What else could the "Queen of Gas" be under other than the plain Stage 4 forum??? Any place else I can look-I need a good laugh!! XXOO, SV
  • mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited February 2011

It's still there SV, it's called the Queen of gas contest.

• Isabella4
    edited February 2011

SV...its on the Stage 1V forum....plain as the nose on your face, half way down the threads Queen of Gas contest. You cannot miss this one.

Isabella

• pj12
    pj12 Member Posts: 18,108
    edited February 2011

Isabella,

Did you watch Downton Abbey when it ran in the UK? It just ended on our PBS network. All us anglophiles loved it. But thank heavens there will be a sequel. I read England just about came to a stop when it was on!

Pam 

• Isabella4
    edited February 2011

SV... rechecked.....Nothing has been deleted , its still there.....you blind ?????

Isabella.

• Isabella4
    edited February 2011

Yes Pam, it was fantastic...we are eagerly awaiting the sequel.

They just made a few mistakes here and there with authenticity, but we overlooked that !

Isabella.

• pj12
    pj12 Member Posts: 18,108
    edited February 2011

Well, you can fool us on this side of the pond :)  I loved it but the "ending" was no ending at all! I think they had to produce a sequel to keep everyone from storming the ITV studios!

Pam 

• socallisa
    edited February 2011

Pam, that is just the first episode there is more to come