Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited February 2011

Good Grief-welll that took forever to find but Isabella, I found it!!! I noticed that you have NOT posted there!!! ........when you are under your banky on the couch and the dogs are curled upon the couch asleep with you and suddenly.......well, you are left alone on the couch. Man's best friend-yeah right!! XXOO, oh Lord I am going to be in trouble again!! When you are on eharmony and so thrilled that you are meeting the 'man of your dreams' in cyberspace where there are no cyberfarts. And Isabella, be careful, I can throw rocks from where I live and hit the UK!!! XXOOO SV

• pj12
    pj12 Member Posts: 18,108
    edited February 2011

SoCalLisa,

Maybe your PBS station is delayed in broadcasting the series but ours has completed the first seven episodes which they condensed down in to 4 or 5 due to no commercial breaks and 90 minute run times. At any rate, the final episode left more questions hanging than a chinese laundry. I can't believe it will be a year or more until we see more.

Geesh, I need to get a life! :) 

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    edited February 2011

Beautiful pics as always, Lisa.  You see so much beauty in your area and all we have here is brown leaves until the spring comes.  And yay for you Amyjo!! You did it!  I've never seen a hummingbird moth before and had never heard of them.

SV, so sorry to hear your latest--you may have something with the voo-doo doll!  Anyhow, hope those big gun antibiotics will work fast.  UTIs are miserable little suckers, I know.  How's Angus doing?

I did check out the Queen of Gas thread--TOO funny; still laughing about some of those posts.

Charlotte is all aflutter today about getting the 2012 Democratic National Convention.  You just wouldn't believe all the hoopla and crowing going on on the tv stations.  I would just hope the city makes tons of money on this and some of it winds up in the school systems where there are more cuts everyday.  Even part of the state education lottery money, which was supposed to go for education and nothing, nothing but, has been given to the Medicaid program to keep it afloat.  We shall see, I suppose.

And 3 jays, waiting to hear.  Hope all is well.

Kathy

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011

Ok, fill me in-it sounds like I am missing a show-what is the show??? The only think I can think worth it is the "Tudors" which finally got off of HBO and is now free to watch on the BBC. I am addicted to that and to "Being Human." 3js-let us know what is up ASAP. Nighty night to all, SV

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    edited February 2011
    hey guys. thanks for holding my hand today.test got done; but it was close..i had a panic attack and he said can you hols on for 3 more minutes? it was crazy, but i made it..otherwise, i had to start again. both of us were slipping this morning.. forgot the zanax i was suppossed to take.. so, it was all on you girls today.. now, its' the waiting game.. maybe friday; but iwth my luck, they won;t get tit to me till monday... at least its' over..and yes, Marybe, that can happen.. i ended up in the er with an allergic reaction to cipro. tongue swelled, ciuldn't  breath. ambulance took me.. same thing with floxin, and ambien.. it gets' tricky!! hope you'll do ok SV.. gonna go ck out stage iv.. later...3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    edited February 2011

gonn a lay down for  awhile.. where ARE you guys?Fb i bet... hehehe... 3jays

• 3jaysmom
    edited February 2011
    3jays
  • chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited February 2011

Good night 3jays and others stillup or just getting up :)

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited February 2011

Enjoy your morning girls!

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited February 2011

What beautiful pics Chrissyb.  I have always wanted to see your country. 

• chrissyb
    edited February 2011

This Photo looks like a painting but I took this just outside my home town earlier in the spring.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011

OMG-3jz-I am on Cipro-hugs to you gal!! Actually I cannot sleep and ordered Social Networking on PPV-I was lost in the geekspeak in the first five minutes of the movie!! Anotehr 4.99 down the drain!! God I feel like crap! SV

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    edited February 2011

Chrissy, beautiful! SV, just take your drugs and try to rest!

• Unknown
    edited February 2011

OK, so I already wrote one post and it said connection problems....maybe the ice is affecting us, but it looks clear out....all I know is it is windy and cold so the dogs had to go out via dog door this AM.   CHrissy, I agree with Barb A....BEAUTIFUL.....Down under is definitely on my bucket list.  SV, Geeky, but didn't you enjoy seeing Harvard and Boston in the movie?...my cousin's kid is there at Mass General going into onco, but he said he still has more yrs to go before I can be his guinea pig...I volunteered.  3jays.....glad you made it through the tests, but sorry about the waiting....we are just sort of at their mercy when it comes to that part.  Have a good day everyone....regardless of weather I am getting to PT this morning since it took me weeks to track the guy down and get an appt.

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    edited February 2011

Chrissy....what is that fantastic plant, the yellow one, never seen anything like that before, most unusual. And, yes, your pic of outside your house looks just as if it was painted....the colours are so vivid. Is that oil seed rape (yellow field?)

Are you anywhere near to this cyclone thats poised to hit you...looks an almighty vicious one from the air .

Marybe, what are you doing up at this hour ? Its just after 12 in the afternoon here, so guessing its 6 or 7am with you. Just sat having my lunch, a ham sandwich......followed by... a chocolate cupcake. Fattening I know, but what the hell !

3jays. Pleased you got the scan done....that machine sure is scary. I had 2 goes at getting in, and kept my eyes shut tight when I eventually got in, all the way thru' Now its a waiting game for you....horrible.

Isabella.

• chrissyb
    edited February 2011

Isabella, the yellow flower belongs to the tree 'Golden Gravillia'.  It grows extremely well in South Australia and it does just as well in the hills as on the plains. The nectar eating birds just love it.  

No, I'm not near the cyclone but my DH's family is right in the middle of it.  His older sister and her husband have been evacuated to Townsville as their house is right in the middle of where it's supposed to cross land.  We are all thinking that they are not going to have much left to go home to.  It's all so sad, the weather is not and has not treated Queensland well this year. The effects of this cylone is covering an area of about 800 miles along the coast.  The last time one this big hit our shores was back in 1918 but then, the area was not as well populated as it is now. 

The yellow crop in the other pic is canolla. 

3jays, glad your all done with the scans now just hang in there till the results come through.

SV, I hope you're resting!

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited February 2011

SV, Downtown Abbey is a PBS movie series .

• pj12
    edited February 2011

SV,

Wikipedia has a site for Downton Abbey (note the spelling if you look for it). It's kind of like Gosford Park if you saw that some years ago. You can also  get it from Netflix if you belong. Very well done, beautiful scenery, fabulous clothes and a soap opera of a story like only the Brits can do. Only problem is we now, after getting hooked, have to wait a year to find out what happens! I wish you had it to watch as it would make laying in bed recuperating on a wintery day downright enjoyable.

Has it been on PBS in California, Lisa? My daughter lives in Orange County and hasn't seen it but her TV is always tuned to Backyardigans or football. :) 

Pam  

• socallisa
    edited February 2011

Pam, I saw two hours worth of it on PBS here..is there more?

• pj12
    edited February 2011

Well, in Britain there were 7 episodes but they combined them for our PBS programming into, I think, 4   90 minute episodes. Anyway, you will know it is over when it is announced that Britain is at war (WWI)... that's the final scene. 

Pam 

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011

Chrissy-That photo looks like a (brain fart-the painter who cut off his ear)-Gogan?? . Truly it is just stunning and the colors are to die for. Sending prayers for families and friends of you all who might be in the path of the cyclone-I had no idea that it is raging in with such force and pray that all will be safe. And wow, I watch the BBC always and have never heard of "Downtown Abbey.' I love "Waiting for God" and the one that "bouchet or bucket" is on-man my brain is not working!!

3jz-my fingers and toes are double crossed that all will be OK on the scan. When do you get the results??? Please post ASAP on what the scan reveals and what is next.

Gees, I am so exhausted I am just sort of passing out and sleep is fitful-GRRR!! I am truly very cranky. I am terrified that the cancer is back somewhere cause i feel so very ill. And just don't know what to do other than take meds-the issue is that I cannot rest-I am just so restless and getting cabin fever-it is very cold and windy today and it was supposed to be near 58 degrees and clear-NOPE!! Hugs and love to all, SV

• chrissyb
    edited February 2011

I love the colors in this one too

This one was taken about 2 miles from the other one but on the opposite side of the road. Brain fart for me too SV, I know you mean the guy who painted the painting 'Sunflowers'

• socallisa
    edited February 2011

lovely

• barbaraa
    edited February 2011

It was Van Gogh. Chrissy, prayers for your DH's family coming from Florida!

• chrissyb
    edited February 2011

Thanks Barb, that's the one!   It seem that the family in Cairns are all fine from what I'm hearing on the radio as I'm listening to Cairns radio live.  There doesn't seem to be too much damage at all.  The people I'm most concerned about now is my DH's sister and her DH.  Their house is (was?) right in the path of the storm centre.  They were evacuated to Townsville earlier yesterday morning and I don't think there will be much for them to go home to.  I'm praying that by some miracle their house is still standing.

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    edited February 2011

Chrissy.

Canola and oil seed rape are one and the same.

Canola is a genetically engineered type of OSR. We grow acres and acres of OSR, but, so far, are not allowing any genetically engineered crops of any description here. The 'health food nuts' have a very vociferous lobby against genetically engineering anything at all, and I totally agree with them...too much messing about with things for my liking, I like plants au naturel, just left as they should be, can't do with the mad scientists touching things, plants OR animals.....they're creating unwanted monsters. IMHO.

Isabella.

• chrissyb
    edited February 2011

Thanks Isabella, I've not heard it called that before.  I agree about not messing with things as well and the consequences of.

• barbaraa
    edited February 2011

I, too, am very anti genetically engineered anything, which is why I always stayed away from soy, as it is all engineered here. It scares the heck out of me.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited February 2011

I wrote a long post all about canola  or "Canadian oil, low acid" which was developed naturally from rape seed. More recent varieties have been 'engineered' which I don't like. The name canola has been used here because the delicate citizens of the USA are upset by the name rapeseed oil. Just as an NZ singer of a few years ago, John Hore, had to change his name to John Grenell when he sang in the States.

Chrissy I do hope your folks got through the storm OK. We are seeing the first pictures now. 

Haven't seen Downton Abbey here as yet but will watch out for it. Must ask DD if it has been on Sky, even though we have Sky TV I miss so much thats on because sport dominates in this house.

Must get to the gym.

Have a great day 

PS - can't spell

• pj12
    edited February 2011

If you're looking for the PBS series be sure to spell it DOWNTON ABBEY. Don't know if it would show up if spelled wrong.

Pam