Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

(ahem!) belly fat

Options
123457»

Comments

• NormaJean65
    NormaJean65 Member Posts: 173
    edited April 2011
    Options

TO:  SoCalLisa.  When you went off the Arimidex, did your doctor put you on something else??  I am only months into the Arimidex and already having some mild yet bothersome side effects that include the belly fat. 

Anyone else is welcome to "chime" in. Smile

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    edited April 2011
    Options

i think with many of our meds., all we can do is the best we can! i know that belly fat is full of estrogen; but its' heridetary that all of us in our family gain there, first!

im trying to excesize as much as i can.. like Barbe, pain prevents a lot of that.. but, im walking in the pool; so no weight bearing on my poor knees.. on ground, no way! i saw the other post, Barbe *^%$ running, i can't WALK!!

i go up and down.. one form of excersize thats' worked for me is that i got one of those pedal "bikes"  that you sit in a chair, and do. it doesn't hurt my knees, 'cause its' so low.. i used to teach aerobics two lifetmes ago; but for the disabled, and that was one thing many had success in.  not so much for the aerobic set, but for stamina.. have you tried that, Barbe? no way can i do the reg. bike. can't get the knees that high with the MS..

im probably crazy; but im gonna try "zumba" when i get it in the mail. i intend to just use it 10-15 mins at a time, and change it to no impact.. i'll let you know how it goes...they have some moves that are for the core, but standing up; thats' the ones i want...

the PT im working with, seems to think i can do it. i've tried so many things, im at least willing to try. of course, that means back to a low carb, low fat, diet for me. i cannot lose ANY weight, otherwise. conversely, i can diet all day, but if i don't move, i don't lose either.

i can't tolerate any of the Als' tried em, and ended up with a bonafide nervous breakdown.. same thing happened from messing with my hormones YEARS ago; trying to get preggers. Ended up adopting.. and staying away from anything that messed with my hormones.. ive finally learned THAT lesson. now doing natural protocol they use in Europe.. Dim, Grapeseed Extract, Fish oil, and one more i can't think of..

onco told me i could quit them, and lose weight... she was all freaked out 'cause i gained 8 lbs. since chemo.. is she crazy!!!

i just hate how i look. thats' the whole motivation to weight for me. they removed everything, had a radical on both sides.. so got left with "chemo bloat" which is supoossed to be rare, but not so much if you talk to some ple here... its' like a radiator hose that gets so hot it stretches out... my belly gained 4" and i had gained only 2" at that point... my whole answer right now, is i wear bigger foobs and that drapes my clothes over my belly, and it doesn't look so big!!! not a good answer low term, though. i'll never be a size 4 again.. im about a 14; except in the waist. i only wear elastic waist pants, and probably always will now.

the GI guy says sooner or later, my intestines will "leak" and they'll have to remove more out of them. im hoping to avoid that, but we'll see....

i just think these drs. do an injustice to all of us. tell us to lose weight, and fill us up with meds that cause weight gain... MOrones...       3jays

• NormaJean65
    NormaJean65 Member Posts: 173
    edited April 2011
    Options

Geez............do ever know & understand what you are saying 3jaysmom when you said "i just think these drs. do an injustice to all of us. tell us to lose weight, and fill us up with meds that cause weight gain... MOrones...       3jays"

I gained min. of 20# during the Chemo Combos of TCH.  The other day I was getting ready to go to my GYN, got on my scales here at home to compare to her scales.  Wonder of wonders I had broke the 140# barrier & weighed l36 !!!!!  Next morning I wanted to brighten my day once more but my body betrayed me and GAINED 6# overnight !!!  Can't even tell all of you everything I felt.  Going back to the onco to let them know & expect an explaination along with what "we" can do since I need to get into my clothes to have something to wear !!  I am weary of all of this "mess" !!!

Norma Jean

• goldie123
    goldie123 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2011
    Options

i'm sure drs see this weight gain often enough to realize that its from the meds and not from pigginng out.  but that doesnt negate the fact that actual belly fat[[not water retention] is an estrogen factory and we dont have to give the cancer cells any 'vitamins' after my first bout with bc 5 years ago i lost 60 lbs because my doctor said obesity was a contributing factor.. and just this week dr oz said that obesity was just as big a risk factor for womans cancer as smoking is for lung cancer,  that drove me away from the ice cream

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited November 2011
    Options

I think I've found the answer to belly fat.  Cutting out dairy products!  I am no vegan and still eat lots of bread, potatoes, cereal, but no dairy products and lots of lots of veggies.

So it may be a combination of veggies and dairy products. I also do 200 sit ups every morning, but that did not get rid of the belly fat until I cut out all dairy products. 

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited November 2011
    Options

Oops !  I meant to say I'm NOW a vegan (not NO vegan)