Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Catie2013
    Catie2013 Member Posts: 241
    edited May 2013

Patty - RECALL. Yikes and Ouch! No recalls for anyone!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited May 2013

LAStar, how fun! I met Eva Moon in Seattle last holiday season when we were out there visiting older daughter. It was so nice! Nordy came up from Portland area and we had lunch, etc. 

Have fun!! I wish I could see her show! But so far, none booked on the east coast that I know of. She's doing one in London though! She's very nice, you'll have a blast!

• Pattysmiles
    Pattysmiles Member Posts: 147
    edited May 2013

Catie, I hear ya...was only trying for a chuckle. Hope no one is offended.

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited May 2013

I challenge them to come and get them!  Never giving these girls back.  LOL, Patty!

• Catie2013
    Catie2013 Member Posts: 241
    edited May 2013

Patty - I don't think anyone was offended and you gave me a huge chuckle - gotta laugh when we can! And that was funny!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited May 2013

I love the 2N. Ha ha!

I had a mole removed off my right breast and it came back pre-cancerous for melanoma. It freaked me out. No more cancer!!!!!! My husband wasn't so lucky, his came back as melanoma and need more excision next week. I know nothing about this. Sorry for getting off topic, but scared.

Can someone tell me why compression is good for scars. I am 3 weeks out do stage two b and she wants 2 more weeks of 24/7 compression and then two more at 12 hours per day. No lipo was done. I have been in this thing since my 2a in February.

Sorry for complaining. I am usually not that way.

• PinkHeart
    PinkHeart Member Posts: 271
    edited May 2013

Cherrie,

Can you ask your doc if wearing the compression for so long was based on better outcomes from some clinical study?

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited May 2013

Cherrie... I also had a mole removed from the breast and it came back atypical....

And I believe that compression encourages lymphatic drainage (just learned this from my PT), and encourages new lymph pathways... so even without lipo, wearing compression is a good thing, especially for those of us cut in the center of abdomen or back, where the major lymphatic drain is. My PT has been using kinesthtic  compression tape on me in lieu of a garment, since my pockets of fluid aren't in a great location for garments.

• Cherrie
    edited May 2013

I didn't think about the new lymphatic pathways. That makes sense and Dr. M is a stickler about compression.

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited May 2013

Yes compression is the pits...its ok cherrie...we are here for you to complain and we get it! I had a basal cell removed last aug from my back. My mother had melanoma on her arm...it grows kind of like a mushroom with roots up to the skin...they remove tissue til they get a clear margin..like our tumors. Wishing you and your hubs the best.

Saw my therapist at dr m's for last time today. Now home tomorrow and daily therapy mon- fri for a while. Cant wait to be home and eat a home cooked meal! Lymph flap doing well and my forearm is down 1cm! Heaviness all but gone too...could this really be...did I really have a surgery without complications? Woot woot

The 2n thing is a good chuckle!

Maggie 2

• Cherrie
    edited June 2013

Thanks Maggie! We were just looking for some time without drama and here we go again. My DH is taking it better than me. I just hope they get clear margins.

Finally you are going home. I am so happy things are going well for you. Yay! It's about time.

• mags20487
    edited June 2013

I know what you mean! Down time is NOT over rated

• KSue
    KSue Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013

One week after Stage 2 and both hip drains were removed today!  Yippee!  Going to check out the marena website.

• mags20487
    edited June 2013

:D=) x) :) ♡ ♥ OH and jealous! Haha ...isuue with bottom was a pseudo bursa. Caused by not being able to wear compression for three weeks after gap. Always happy to hear about drains out of anyone! Cannot wait...I already hate them. 2 from 1 hip is blah congrats ksue

• Marcie47
    Marcie47 Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2013

Hi girls,

Just touching base to see how long before anybody started to put scar cream on any of the scars after stage 1?

I have no more glue and the scars all look pretty good
    Also one more question, how soon can we swim or take a bath?

Thanks for any insight :))

• ssla01
    ssla01 Member Posts: 216
    edited June 2013

Congrats Maggie! I'll bet you are ready to go home.

Finally! Insurance & Vickie both are happy. I am there on the 21st!

Sharon

• Russell1
    Russell1 Member Posts: 413
    edited June 2013

Yay Mags:) all is going so well!

• PinkHeart
    edited June 2013

Sharon,

REALLY glad all the insurance hassles are behind you! Now you can get all this BC recon behind you, too. Best wishes with all.

• ssla01
    ssla01 Member Posts: 216
    edited June 2013

Thanks Pinkheart!

• MartyJ
    edited June 2013

I think I need a compression swimsuit. I have 9 weeks of summer to enjoy, but want to do some pool time. Fondly referring to my doms and Marena as my sauna suits.

• MartyJ
    edited June 2013

Oh,yes. Yay for Sharon. Big relief.

Great news Maggie. Now you are in the groove.

• lastar
    lastar Member Posts: 553
    edited June 2013

Marcie, I think that the rule is one week after drains are out for baths or swimming.  Everything just needs to be closed up.

• PinkHeart
    edited June 2013

Marty,

The Miraclesuit swimsuits have compression to them. There are other brands. They are fairly expensive though. Enjoy the beach!

• Cherrie
    edited June 2013

KSue- That is the best feeling of all. Everything thing must be closed up well. I am three weeks out of stage two and have one small open spot that is almost healed. No pools yet.

Scar treatment when all glue is off and closed. I will hopefully start this week. I bought the cheapest silicone tape I could find. There are so many different kinds and it is confusing. There are as many opinions about this as compression. If anything has worked for anybody please share.

Sharon- what great news for you. They always seem to be able to swing it. Now you can refocus your energy on getting ready for this surgery.

• Marcie47
    edited June 2013

Thanks for the help, looks like I can swim and use the scar cream, I start back to work on Monday and am looking forward to it.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend.

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited June 2013

Marcie... Scar cream is usually one month post surgery... but I don't know that I bother after stage I as they re-open the incisions at stage II...

• Marcie47
    edited June 2013

Hi Betsy,

What do they do when they reopen the incision? Do the reopen the top and the bottom?

I was hoping they just lipo'd and inserted where needed?

If they actually reopen than why do we only need 2 weeks off work? (Seems like need more recoup time)

• KSue
    KSue Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013

Marcie47 - Reopening of incisions depends on the work needed.  For Stage 2, Dr. D did not reopen my breast incisions because I only needed some fat injections - YES!  My bottom, was another story.  I had huge indents from the hip flaps.  He opened the old incisions and smoothed everything out.  Lots of work done on the back side.

Marena Question - For those of you that ordered a Marena garment, did you order the 2nd Stage Mid Thigh Length Girdle (LGT2)? 

• Russell1
    edited June 2013

Ksue...sounds like what will happen with me. Need fat injections in breasts and have some indents where flaps were taken from the hips as well. Hoping Dr. Sullivan wont have to open breast incisions but have a little dog ear on one:( Do your incisons go all the way to your crack? Mine don't but I'm thinking for Stage 2 they will. Do we have to order the Marena garment?

Ssla...so glad insurance issues are worked out for you:)

• Russell1
    edited June 2013

Cherrie..thinking of you and your hubby. I'm sure they will get it all!!!!! hugs!!!