Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Class of 2009 - Sisters in the same time frame

Options

Comments

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    Options

Marie, (((hugs)))

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

(((((((Marie)))))))

• M360
    M360 Member Posts: 164
    Options

Marie,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have breast cancer in the bone.  You should go onto the bone mets sight, the girls there are so uplifting and have gone through it all.  I can't have radiation so that line of treatment was out for me.  But from last PET Scan the Faslodex and Cytoxan are working on shrinking the tumors.  Faslodex is suppose to be really good to stop bone mets of breast cancer.  It was working well for me until I had the pulmonary embolism from such, so they have stopped the Faslodex.  

If there is anything I can do for you in regards to support I'm here for you Marie.

Love all you ladies so,  hope that you're having a nice summer and that everyones gardens are growing nicely.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

crap I posted after you got your news.  I must not have flipped the page.  I am so sorry Marie.

• mimi1964
    mimi1964 Member Posts: 851
    Options

Hugs and blessings to you Marie and M360... "Go in Gods Grace and peace and mercy be upon you"

Sending you prayers for a speedy recovery ladies

• M360
    Options

I'm sorry to say that my friend died less than two weeks after them telling them they had cancer.  When we spoke they had given up and said they were not going to treat.  

I truly feel that all you women on this site and the support and information given here has helped me to keep going.  We see so many survive and I've sat and held so many people's hand as they passed.  What I have found is that those who have passed just got tired and decided to stop all treatment, basically giving up to the Lord.  

Hopefully I can continue to fight the fight and I want all of you to know that I appreciate the support and caring all of you have shown to me through these years.

Much love to you all,

Marianne

• eph3_12
    Options

I went to a service this afternoon of a friend who literally gave up on life & drank himself to death.  He wasn't found for about 10 days.  It's so sad, leaves behind 2 children, who are close to being adults. 

Hang in there Marianne.

• mimi1964
    Options

Oh Marianne I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  May God richly bless her family and friends. 

Eph.. blessings and prayers going out to your friends family and children.  No matter how old or young we are our parents are still our parents.  We may not love the things our children or our parents chose to do in life or how they live their  lives, but they are our family and we never stop loving them.  I learned that a long time age.  "You don't have to love or approve of what they do, but you always love the person you know that exists inside" 

• MarieK
    MarieK Member Posts: 467
    Options

Almost done rads for the femur met!  So far so good....

How are you doing Michele? Marianne?

• eph3_12
    Options

Wow Marie, that seemed quite quick.  Then I looked at when you posted about getting ready to schedule rads & it says that was June 19, so that's about right for the length of time ago.  Glad it's so far, so good!

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Marie - glad to hear the rads are going well.  Thinking of you.

• micheleboots
    Options

Marie,  keep plugging along.

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    Options

Marie, just saw your news - I'm sorry, that just sucks.  I hope treatment goes well for you.

Much love to you all, ladies.

• M360
    Options

Marie,

I'm hanging in there!  Right now have had three hospitalization because I have two pulmonary embolisms.  Now I'm on Lovenox injections every 12 hours, have done so for the last month but clots have not changed or moved.  So they are saying at least 6 months or more of these injections.  

My Oncologist left and had to start with a new doctor.  I really like her and as soon as I'm more stable the plan is to do gamma knife surgery on my spine from T1 through T11.  I'm not suppose to do any radiation but they feel that because the gamma knife is so precise they are hoping I will be able to heal from such.  

Faslodex and Cytoxan has kept the cancer from growing so I'm stable on that side, but cancer is still in lungs, femur, spine, etc..  But have had to take a rest from all treatment because of blood levels and the embolisms.

Marie and Michele I hope you both are not in too much pain and that life outside of cancer is bringing you much happiness?! 

A big hello to all you ladies and hope summer is full of fun and family.

• mimi1964
    Options

God Bless you Marie, Michelle and Marianne!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you all

• micheleboots
    Options

Hi mimi. Thanks. Im on vacatiin or i would type more.

• MarieK
    Options

Thanks Mimi!  I've finished my rads without too many side effects (just a bit of pain flare and tiredness) and I'm enjoying the rest of the summer with my family.

The weather sure has been weird this summer hasn't it?  It's been so warm here with no rain for a long long time which is quite unusual for Vancouver!

I'm not complaining though....

• mimi1964
    Options

Hey everyone checking in again... I'm so tired and my back is aching! UGH!! I hurt it blah!! we had a man pass away and we dead man lifted him onto his bed, thought we were going to have to do CPR but he was a no code... in the process I hurt my low back which was already bothering me. Now, it is killing me.  I've been in some major pain for about 2 days now with muscle strain.  I just can't get comfortable any way I sit, lie or turn.  I need to do house work, but my body won't let me.  Guess I'll get in my tanning bed for a little while and try to relax the muscles.  (I know, I know... this is the very first summer I have even gotten in a tanning bed in 4 yrs, but right after I finished radiation I asked my rads onc about it and he said I could back then with moderation.  Well I waited and chose not to.  It's been 4 yrs and I haven't even been in the sun but one trip to Florida for a week.  I decided it was time.  A friend of mine had a bed for sale and we bought it.  I've been laying in it a few minutes a couple of days a week to help my back.  I've not burned myself or anything like that.)

• M360
    Options

Mimi,

I'm sure you might have heard of such but during my treatments and pain my MO gave me LMX cream to rub on my spine and back when the pain is bad.  I can't tell you how much it really helps, that along with Volteran or the same area stops the swelling and allows me to move and do things around the house.

I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

No changes here still fighting the fight and just tired of 10 months of chemotherapy.  See doctors this week to talk about gamma knife surgery.  They were discussing on how to treat the spine because I can't have any radiation.  However my new MO thinks I would be able to be treated with gamma knife but wasn't sure and decided to talk with other doctors.  Hopefully it's still a go.

Hope all of you are enjoying the summer and are feeling well.

• micheleboots
    Options

I hope everything is going well with everyone.  I am doing ok, I guess.  I am waiting on a head Ct.  I have been having dizzy spells. This is a Se of my meds, but my onc wants to make sure nothing is lurking.

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    Options

Michele, how did your testing go?  I haven't been here in quite a while, but popped in to see how y'all were doing.

• micheleboots
    Options

I have an appointment at the end of next month. I have regular scans at the sane time.  So still waiting.

• micheleboots
    Options

Howdy ladies. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Marie how are you feeling. What's going on with you. How about you M360. Your pretty quiet. Shelby, Mimi, I know you two are busy ,I see you on FB often.

I'm starting to get stressed. Scans next week and hoping for happy results.

• MarieK
    Options

Hi Michele,

I've been busy with my craft fairs - I crochet stuff and it's really popular right now with the hipsters!

I see my MO next week and hopefully will have some scans soon too as a follow up to my radiation.

I totally understand your scanxiety!

I'm feeling good but just a bit achey through the legs and hips. I'm not sure if it's the after effects of the radiation or the switch to the Arimidex but I have really slowed down.

I'm just waiting to get the ok from the MO before I start to exercise more vigorously - my eliptical is gathering dust!

I know you didn't have radiation (or did you?) but I'm wondering if your MO restricted your activity for fear of hip/femur fracture?

I hope everyone else is doing ok and busy living life!!!

Hugs to all!

Marie

• M360
    Options

Michele, I too understand your anxiety I seem to get that feeling every three weeks now before treatment and seeing the doctors. My spine isn't getting any better and had really bad time again with AI's this time Faslodex so they had to stop such. I had a whole genetic work up and they found that all my complications are caused by a complication in my blood, which is Ehlers-Danlos. The AI's for some reason cause such joint and connective tissue problems that I'm in a wheelchair and have IHSS. Plus lost complete use of my right arm and hand, can't lift a glass, cut my own food etc.. I've thrown three Pulmonary Embolisms which they say is common with cancer in the lungs. I'm on Lovenox the rest of my life.

However I'm told that my cancer is in a resting period this week and not growing. I asked if I was NED but was told no, just resting period and my tumor markers came way down, which was a good sign.

Personally I feel that I won't die from cancer but from my organs just getting worn down from pain and medication complications.

I realize that my treatment is so different than most because I can't have radiation, and other treatments. So I find it hard at times to respond or connect with others in the same situation because my treatment will be so different than most.

Otherwise life goes on, my daughters never leave my side someone is with me all the time. I still believe that things will turn around and I will be back someday to tending my garden, painting and knitting. For now the best for me is to accept what is happening and working with my group of doctors to turn things around or at least give me a better quality of life.

I think of all you ladies often. You are my hero's!

Much Love, M

• eph3_12
    Options

No, M, YOU are the hero. To post when life is so rough-priceless! Thank you.

• slousha
    slousha Member Posts: 181
    Options

Dear sisters,

I should be glad at four year check-up in November - no clinical signs of recurrence, despite a lot of SE’s as rheumatic arthritis and neurological events!

I’m posting actually to wish all 2009 sisters Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year. May 2014 be a good year for all BCO members!

Usha from Europe

• eph3_12
    Options

And the same to you and yours Usha!

• M360
    Options

Ladies,

Hope all of you have a Happy Holiday Season and a New Year full of Love and years of NED.

Love to you all, M

• kaza
    kaza Member Posts: 122
    Options

hi all my 2009 sisters..i..hope we all have a really enjoyable festive season, hoping for a peaceful 2014 for all, may we all have lots lots lots of Christmas celebrations ahead of us, and years and years of NED, sending you all love and hugs xxxxxxxx