Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Class of 2009 - Sisters in the same time frame

Options
1139140141142143145»

Comments

• Nash54
    Nash54 Member Posts: 699
    Options

ThumbsUpThanks Sugar77....so good to hear you are doing well!  Thanks for taking the time to post.  Your post is so encouraging for us who are just beginning this scary journey.  I am always encouraged when I hear someone who has moved beyond this and is enjoying life.  Right now it is all consuming and hard to believe I'll feel normal again.

• M360
    M360 Member Posts: 164
    Options

Ladies, Just thought I pop in to say Happy Thanksgiving, for I am so thankful for all your support and love throughout these years.

On the 28th I turn 60, and the girls at the infusion center knitted me a hat. I've started my 6th year of treatment with Abraxane and it's working well finally after 18 months of cancer markers going up and up, new tumors growing throughout my body, this week my birthday present was finally my markers came down 10 points which is a start. My left lung is still struggling and I'm still on oxygen 24/7. I spoke with my Oncologist about will they at some point say no more. She said chemo will be a part of my life and weekly infusions until April. I'm bald again but who cares about that.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my daughters and I needed to just check in and send a loving thanks for all my lady friends here.

Hope this finds all of you happy and full of life.

• funthing42
    funthing42 Member Posts: 236
    Options

Hi

I figured I better join 2009 class.

I tried to find my old post to see if my mind set has changed but haven't found but one. I'm slightly crazier Lol.

Everyone. It's amazing how brave we are.

I cannot get my head around the whole recurrences.

I was told I had a 4% of mine coming back in 2009. Oncotype was slightly left of the cusp. I did Lumpectomy, RADS and Anastrozole. It was only 0.8cm. Since its been back twice.

Mine came back only two months after finishing chemo.

Has anyone ever been told why it changes receptors.

Estrogen+ progesterone+her2-

Estrogen+progesterone-her2+ 2013

Estrogen+progesterone-her2- 2014

I'm still doing herceptin until February. My fear is what happens when this ends. Will it escalate.

Pet Scan neg. But now I feel every pain? I stopped exercising.

I'm told it is local recurrence. I'm not sure what to think. I'm extremely nervous when relaxing.

• slousha
    slousha Member Posts: 181
    Options

Hi,

Dear 2009 sisters,  I'm rarely posting, however I'm browsing BCO sites  almost every day. My favorite topics are Triple positive, Aromasin  and Sisters of 2009. I'm  glad to see known names from this topic and their posts, but asking myself how the others sisters are doing.

In November  because of 5th Anniversary I had lot of doctors visits and check-ups  - with outcome: No signs of desease! However hormonal
    therapy was aggravating for me, cannot get Tamox due to Thrombosis ; firstly Femara and now Aromasin. Femara was rough : terrible hip, knee joint and muscle
    pains, osteoporosis; Aromasin was tolerable at beginning  later faint, feeling dizzy, poliarthrosis, collapsing, venous and heart  conditions; all likely as consecutiveness from lack of estrogen. I was hardly awaiting to finish at 5 years . Because of SE's MO isn't pushing me to extend the therapy; nevertheless I'm scared of recurrence seeing that in my extended family BC was coming back after 8-15 years.

On this occasion  I would like to express  to all sisters merry feast days  wishing you all the best of luck in 2015!

Hugs and love!

Usha  from Europe

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

Thanks Usha, same blessings to you and yours.

• funthing42
    Options

Ok so I think we need some more post on the class 2009.

Where is everyone :)

I need some help for the next few weeks . I am petrified Getting Rads x2.

Let me know if there is positive feed back in regards to this.

• Psalm121
    Psalm121 Member Posts: 179
    Options

Well, I've not visited in a long while, but I often think of everyone and always wishing you be well and happy. July holds many mileposts for me, I always find myself remembering the days and events from 8 (EIGHT!!) years ago. I never did figure out how to post a profile photo. Maybe I'll try again, I don't think I even had a cellphone eight years ago!! HaHa

• slousha
    Options

Hi, I was thinking over these days to write a post asking what's about sisters in the same frame - Class of 2009!?

Sincerelly!

Usha

• slousha
    Options

Hi, I was thinking over these days to write a post asking what's about sisters in the same frame - Class of 2009!?

Sincerelly!

Usha

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    Options

I just saw my oncologist today for what turns out to be my final follow-up. I'm moving from Texas to Canada next month, and wanted to check in with him one more time before I moved. He said I'm doing fine, cancer-wise, said I don't even need to look up an oncologist when I get there. Woohoo! Still have other concerns, but glad that I can just be followed up with regular doc. I hate going to the oncologist. Part of me worries a little that I'll miss something important, but then I remind myself that if I have a persistent problem, I can have it looked at and not to worry unless and until that happens.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    Options

yo yo yo! I have not been on the site in about 7 months so hello 09ers!

• funthing42
    Options

Hello is there anybody out there. I wish I didn't delete my post. Ugh.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    Options

Hi ladies, just saw this pop up. All good here and there have been ups and downs but things are going so well for me now. A year ago I was able to go off of arimidex after being on it for over 7 years. My onc says that 7 years is as good 10 years and was I glad to hear that. A lot of depression and anxiety lifted and I was able to lose 45 lbs. I lost the weight after I found out I had Stage III kidney disease which really scared me. After that it was easy to change my diet as I didn't want to end up on dialysis and as a result of eating well I have stabilized my level. It's so nice to see familiar names...doesn't it feel like it was a 100 years ago? Does to me. I hope you are well. Liz

• funthing42
    Options

Awesome progress.

Congrats .........on your success beating this disease.

• slousha
    Options

Hi,

I have been on this site sometimes in a year looking for familiar names from past times.. Today is nine years after my DX. Still alive!

Wishing all the best to all sisters here!

Usha from Europe

• cowgirl13
    Options

Congratulations slousha!!!

• funthing42
    Options

Hi

Everyone!!! Awesome ! 5years wishing you many more !

• funthing42
    Options

Hi

Ladies!

• slousha
    Options

HI,

Ladies!!!

I was thinking time ago to write and ask sisters 2009 what's new about us! I have looked for the names but I was too bashful to write as the first!

10 years! Thank you funthing42!

Thinking of all us!

Usha

• cowgirl13
    Options

Hi slousha and funthing42! Isn't it amazing. 10 years and we are still here.

• funthing42
    Options

Yes what a battle. 😅

• slousha
    Options

Hi, what are you doing, how you are feeling??

All the best!

Usha💖🐞🌻

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    Options

Hello, I know nobody has been here in quite some time, but I just thought I'd say hi. I've been mostly healthy these days, but starting to experience pain in my leg and hips that I'm worried about. Called to make an appointment with my gp, we'll see how it goes. Hope all is well with you guys out there.

Love and light...

• slousha
    Options

Hi,

So glad to see a sister posting after so many years! Would like to see what's about other members!

Best wishes!

Usha

• slousha
    Options

Hi, I'm so glad to see a sister posting after so long time! Still coming back to browse.

Best wishes!

Usha

• meg8000
    meg8000 Member Posts: 37
    Options

Hi all -- I'm from the Class of 2009!! I had Stage 1, Grade 3, ER/PR +, HER2 -, Lumpectomy, Chemo, Rads. and 5 years of Arimidex. Unfortunately, in December 2018, I was diagnosed with Stage IV - multiple bone metastases. Even though I wasn't officially diagnosed until December, it took me about 4 months to go through all the testing for official diagnosis. I found it because I fractured my arm by closing an umbrella on the night my husband died in July 2018. Went for several x-rays and MRIs, and they kept coming up with abnormal bone marrow and pathological fracture. Eventually did PET scan and found multiple lesions, then bone biopsy to confirm. My pathological fracture eventually became an angulated fracture and I had radiation, surgery to install metal plates & screws, saucerization where they scooped out all the cancer goop in there, and more radiation. The arm is still painful without support when resting and it feels like it's still angulated, like it needs another plate and screws on the underside of the bone, and range of motion is about 75%, but I can use it for everything except lifting above my head. I've been on Ibrance/Faslodex/Xgeva for almost 3 years, and latest PET scan is showing some progression, so I have a referral to RO to see about radiation to hip and to T11, then on to the next line of treatment. Hoping all my Class of 2009 sisters are faring better than I did and that you have many more years with your loved ones!!

~Maureen