MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

The party is still on here, send him over if he has Cheetos.

I opt for salties over sweeties any day.  Years ago my ex and I played "the Newlywed Game" at a party.  The question was what is your wfe's favorite food.  We won when he guessed and I answered Chips and dip.  The best of both worlds.  Although, choclate covered pretzels run a close second.

• flash
    flash Member Posts: 129

oh cheetos... sigh......... I could kill for a cheetos right now. I don't even remember the last time I got to eat one. Dreck on needing to lose weight.   It sounds like your newlywed game was fun.  I'll agree that chocolate covered pretzels are awfully good.... mmmm. think I'm having dreams of food. sigh. back to the healthy bc food.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Wow.

I never noticed how BEAUTIFUL Cheetos look in large quantities like that.

Sharon and Meece, I SO want to party with you ladies!

And now I have some AWESOME recipes for my "Miss America Bashing Bash" in January! (We wear pj's and no makeup and eat nasty food while making fun of the pageant. My apologies to any former Miss Whatever's out there.)

We hosted a Newlywed Game once, and all of the couples got into terrible arguments. No one could agree on their first date or the most unusual place they'd had sex, etc. A single friend of ours played with a married woman whose husband was traveling at the time, and they won. The friend actually knew the answers to questions about the couple, including the most unusual place they'd had sex. Too funny.

I must go find some cheese that goes crunch! I actually like Cheez Doodles better - softer texture and better overall cheeziness - but in a pinch I'll even take Baked Cheetos... And really, once you're in the tub with thousands of them, does the brand matter?

• Meece

No, at that point brand doesn't matter.  What does matter is who is there to help you eat them.

• Kleenex

I'm thinking I won't need help.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

LOL, I prefer to eat 'em alone.  The less competition the better.

• Kleenex

Although come to think of it, my husband would TOTALLY get into a "Cheeto Bath."

• Marple
    LOLOL Kleenex, great minds think alike...........and never mind finishing that saying.Wink
  • Marple
  • Meece

We need some sort of calculation table for how many bags to nuy for what sized tub.

• Marple

Well, it's suppertime.  Here's a well balanced meal.

• Marple

Meece, you can trust me to count the bags of Cheetos.........NO........really, you can trust me.

• Meece

I have heard of the giant sized Cheetos, but never seen them for sale.  They look yummy.  You have two of the food groups covered Orange and Cheesy

• one-L
    one-L Member Posts: 653

I love rice crispy treats too.  I like the homemade ones or the bought ones, I am not picky.  I go between sugar and salt normally, but sugar is not high on my list right now.  So I think I will stick with the  Cheetos.  But everything and I mean everything looks delicious.

Juannelle

• Kleenex

You pretty much just need some chocolate on the side and you're good to go!

I say we just get some of those 20 gallon drums of Cheez Balls they always have at Sam's Club...

• Marple

I'm not familiar with 'Sam's Club' but hey............gallon drums of snack food...............COUNT ME IN.

• Meece

Sam'a Club or Costco, nothing like Cheetos in bulk!

• one-L

I stopped going to Sams because of the bulk packaging. My husband and I just can't eat that much, but I may have to make an exception for the bulk Cheetos.

• Meece

Juanelle,

You can always find someone who has a card and ask them to buy them for you.

• one-L

Oh, I still have the card, I just don't go very much.  I couldn't let my card expire.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Hmm.  If the average Cheeto is 2 inches long and about ½ inch in diameter, that would mean the volume of the average Cheeto gives about 0.39 square inches.

If the average 6 tub hot tub is 66 inches in diameter and 27 inches high, that would mean the average hot tub had a volume of 92,384 square inches.

That means one hot tub needs 236,882 Cheetos.  Anyone have any idea how many Cheetos in a average bag? 

• Marple
    Nope but after all that calculating..............I NEED SOME CHEETOS!!!Smile
  • one-L

OMG, native, if you can figure all that out, then certainly you can figure out how many Cheetos are in an average bag.  Of course, would that be before or after the snacking frenzy? LOL

I have a bag I guess I could count them.

• Marple

one-L...............Hey, I will help you count.  Hehehe...........one for you.......ten for me...........

• one-L

that is not fair...I will arm wrestle your for Cheetos.

• Meece

Native,  I would think it would be more of a hands on issue for counting.  No calculating so the the results are perfect.  I would say that you should eat, i mean count, at least ten bags and average out the results.

• jannokee
    jannokee Member Posts: 2

Well, got Port installed this morning and had 1st Chemo immediately right after. I was at Oncologists office from 12:00 til 4:00..they said it would take longer since it was my first. Have to go back tomorrow for the Neulasta shot. I am feeling pretty good, not bragging mind you because I am aware tomorrows a new day. The Port wasnt bad---was sort of in and out but felt no pain, now it just feels like my shoulder has been kicked by a mule. (lol) Still not sure exaxctly how many treatment I will have. She said either 4 or 6, also got PET-CT results and no cancer was spotted anywhere else at this time. Whhoooott  Whhhhoooottt!!

• Meece

Jannokee,

Glad you are taking to this well.  I wish I had gone with the port, but wasn't given the option.

I was one of the supposed few who had reactions to Nuelasta.  I begged them not to give me one after my last two chemos.  They said they could skip it, but my count was so low it was not advised.  So I braved it and took the injection.  I had eight chemos, I was givien Emend for nausea and it worked great!  Chemo treatment is getting less and less horriffice each year as new treatments for side effects are advanced.

Congrats on the PET results, too.  Good job Wink

• cka0706
    cka0706 Member Posts: 23

Hey CHEETO lovers -- thanks for the on-going banter. I had a good, out-loud laugh reading these!

Carolyn

• Meece

I am sure we'll have another Cheeto party soon, The one here is winding down, had to send someone to Sam's Club, but they have completely run out.  Seems that while we were partying, quite a few ladies came in with calculators and bought up their stock.  Someone else went to the Costcos in town and they came back with the same news.

Next time I will stock up first.