MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

I'll send you an email if I can make it Meece.  We're in the middle of a snowstorm..........

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Glad to see you got stocked up on the essentials in case you got snowed in, Sharon.

• Meece

No hurry, Sharon, we'll be here all day.

here

• Marple

Yep, I'm ready for winter storms.

• Meece

Can  you bring some over, I am almost out of beverages here.

drink

• smithlme
    smithlme Member Posts: 383

CHEETOS! OMG....I can, and do, eat the whole bag. Anyone else notice the bags are actually getting smaller????

My married daughter and her husband put up their Christmas tree last weekend and was telling me that they need more ornaments to fill it up. I told her that it took years, and kids, to fill mine. Who else still hangs up the colored noodles strings, the aluminum foil stars, the handmade dough ones, the cotton balls and pom-pom ones, the plastic "stained glass" ones and the whole assortment of kid created decorations??? I have so many memories on my tree...

Linda

• Meece

Ooooooooh, Sharon,that's my dream house.

• Meece

Linda, Those, and the Hallmark ones commemorating landmarks, are the ones for my Granny tree.  I still have them all.

• carolinachick
    carolinachick Member Posts: 135

OMG - you all are cracking me up with the Cheetos thing.  I needed a good laugh.  I'm at work today but am fighting a headache and sore throat.  You've cheered me up...and now I must go get something to eat.  Probably not anything neon orange, though.

• Meece

Jennifer,

That is what I am experiencing, and why I stayed home from work today.  I hope you didn't catch it from me.  I haven't lost my appetite and Cheetos sure sound yummy!

• one-L
    one-L Member Posts: 653

Cheetos are  the one thing that I crave after chemo.  I get off of salt and sugar, but sometime about the 3rd day I will eat a whole bag of Cheetos.  I haven't thought of decorating with them, but I see nothing wrong with that.  I am afraid that I would eat them right off the tree, like  I do the candy canes.  I just can't leave them alone, maybe I could this year.

Love the pictures of the snow.  I would not even know what to do if I lived where there was snow and a snow plow came by the house.  I would like  to visit a place once with lots  of snow and 4 seasons.  I think it would be fun.

Juannelle

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

OMG!  Went to the store for an hour and the whole place has gone CHEETO CRAZY!!! 

• elimar

And, the funniest part is that I didn't buy Cheetos!  Ahaaa-haaaa-haaa.  Heading back now.

• Meece

But, we were hun-gry!

• Marple

Here elimar, I've made lunch.  Not quite sure what it is.........SUPRISE!!

• Marple
  • Meece

I have pie for desert

dessert

• Marple

LOLOL, which makes me think of another topping for mac and cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Meece

That is what the recipe is for.Impossible Mac & Cheese Pie, With Cheetos Topping

(Betty Crocker Bisquick Cookbook)

Ingredients:
    2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    1 cup uncooked macaroni
    2 1/4 cups milk
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup Bisquick
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
    1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    !/2 cup crushed Cheetos

Directions:

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease pie plate 10 x 1 1/2 inches. Mix 2 cups cheese and the macaroni. Sprinkle in plate. Beat remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup cheese until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater. Pour into plate. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean about 40 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and Cheetos. Bake until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.

• Marple

Oh Meece, what time will it be ready?

• elimar

Sharon51, That looks like your classic Taco-Cheeto Pie.  Well, I see burger meat and some green peppers, but the FLAMING HOT CHEETOS gave it away. Wonder if my hound dog would hold still to get Cheeto-fied for a picture?

I admit I was a little skeptical when this place was about to get into a holiday recipe exchange, but now that our "maiden voyage" for recipes has been launched in the name of Cheetos, I can hardly object since we are off to such a tasteful start. 

• carolinachick

Maybe we can have this for dessert - it's even somewhat festive if you call it Reindeer Droppings!

A redo of familiar classic junk food that is incredibly addictive

Everyone knows the cheesy crunchy junk food "Cheetos", but could you ever imagine eating them as a dessert? When these cheesy corn puffs from the Frito Company are candied in a molten sugar syrup mixture the result is a sweet and salty punch reminiscent of another clever snack; Fiddle Faddle. This recipe also dubbed as Coyote Droppings at Halloween and more recently as a redo of Reindeer Droppings for Christmas, is pure bliss. Surely not high on the list of snack food from your dentist, it will be quite a conversation piece for any holiday or party get together. So if you feel your friends and family are from the school of salty snacks, let them sample this witty treat.

Coyote or Reindeer "Droppings"

2-cups brown sugar

1-cup butter or margarine

1/4 cup white corn syrup

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

14-1/2 ounce package CheetosTM

Bring the sugar, butter or margarine and syrup to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove from fire. Add baking soda. Stir. Pour over Cheetos in large bowl. Toss and spread on 10x15 buttered pan. Bake at 250 degrees F. for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Pour out on waxed paper rubbed with additional butter or cooking spray. Quickly separate the Caramelized CheetosTM pieces and try not to give into temptation!

Let me know if anyone is brave enough to try this recipe!

Jennifer

• Meece

If I had the ingredients, I think I would make it today.  It sounds so yummy!

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842

OMG!  I thought I was the only woman my age that adores Cheetos.  I love you guys.  I only buy Cheetos once in a blue moon.  I KNOW I will eat the entire bag.  Now with all those yummy photos.........gotta get to the store.

Anyone have the same problem with Rice Krispie treats?

Navy

• Marple

Not I Navy, I'm a salt fiend not sugar.

• carolinachick

Oh, yeah.  I love Rice Krispie treats even more than Cheetos...as a matter of fact, I have a stash of them here in my office.  But the homemade ones are much better than the prepackaged ones.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

If we're going to start with recipes I'd like to keep suggestions to two ingrediants.

I'm all for simplifing in this season. 

• Marple

FAITHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    Surprised
  • elimar

I just know that guy also has a big bag of Cheetos in the hand not pictured, and just a touch of the orange Cheeto dust at the corners of his mouth.  Yes, I like Cheeto-breath.

This has just been one hilarious day!