Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Wow Claire!  I will be jumping in for sure!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

claire what a day, we will for sure be in your pocket for your next appt.

I went back to work 4 hours a day today and all was good.  My boss was so glad to have me back but kept saying if your are tired or hurting you go home.  So now I already have a todo list at work.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Count me in too Claire! And great attitude, you are a trooper!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Boy Claire you are one strong woman!  I would have messed my pants after the first miss and then been a crying mess.  Hats off to you girl!  Well, my RO gave me a clean report.  Did an ultra sound on both sides just to make sure everything matched up with the mamo from last month.  Don't have to go back until July.  One smiling Kitty here! 

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Good to see you smiling Kitty! Glad you got a good report.

Claire - what a day! Yikes. Not sure I would have remained so composed. But you are right in that there is no sense getting angry or upset - it would just make everything worse.

Maybe I should be requesting a PP for today just to make sure everything runs smoothly. No blood draw - just CT scan @ 12PM - I know it's short notice but would love to have some company if anyone is able.

Hope everyone enjoys the day!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

barsco--good luck with the ct scan today. Don't forget to breathe during the contrast moment!! And it only FEELS like you are peeing your pants.Surprised

I hope this isnt too messy for your pockets--but they swear its healthy!

• Paula66

Jumping in your pockets barsco.  I hope I don't land in the sauce that claire is bringing.  It looks yummy!

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

I'm around today Barsco, so I'm in your pocket! Licking my fingers from the chocolate....

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Forgive me for barging in so abrubtly...I've finally been able to log in for the first time in a month!! Please let me know of any unusual news since March 25th. Otherwise, count me in for any necessary pocket parties. I'm ready!!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

I'm in your pocket Barsco! and welcome back barbe1958!

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

I am in your pocket Barscol.. Welcome back Barbe

I will bring cheese and crackers for the pocketparty

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

So good to see you back Barbe---missed you!!!!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Welcome back Barbe!  Good luck today Barsco, I'm at work so good thoughts for you today. Kitty

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Barsco,  May it be a dull and boring CT for you today.  We need excitement, but not that kind.

Barbe, Sometimes technology "forks" with you, sometimes it's the open highway.  Just paraphrasing from your tagline.  The good news is many visits and procedures have come and gone, and about the worst of it is that Dianarose might topple over on one side.  (Just read back one page for that.)  And jo got a surprise hematoma bonus procedure and hospital stay.  You did miss a hot man (with hair on his chest!) jumping out of jo's birthday cake. 

I wonder if the pocket posse would like to share my snack of yogurt stuffed dates?  The picture makes them look ginormous, like potato skins.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

not to mention GROSS!

• Paula66

as long as its not greek yogurt, YUCK!!!!! I know lots of peeps love it. I'm just an old school kinda gal. If at aint broke dont fix it. 

• barsco1963

Thanks for the PP everyone! I got some strange looks as I was licking the chocolate outta my pockets after the procedure - waste not want not! Eli - no leftover dates so someone sure liked them. Ossa - cheese and crackers is one of my favorite go to snacks. No results yet but hoping for some by end of day

Welcome back Barbe!

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

I admit it. I ate the rest of the dates when Eli wasn't looking. Dates, Greek yogurt, and pistachios? Om nom nom nom....

• elimar

LOL, madpeacock!   I like that chewing noise and will have to use it.  So much more ladylike than my usual chomp, chomp, chomp. 

Had to paint a deck today. I acquired this already painted deck along with my house and it has been mine to re-paint ever since. It took me two CDs to get it done.  How long it that?  I did have time to realize that it was a lot of work with my treatment-side arm.  Then, I had additional time to see how uncoordinated I was with my other hand, which was pretty bad, so treatment side did most the work anyway.

• Sherryc

barsco I'm in your pocket too.  I'll try to find something yummy to bring.

Barbara welcome back we have missed you.

Day two of going back to work as been good.  Everyone that comes it says how much they missed me.  Good to feel needed. Already back at working on a project that needs done and is due in a couple weeks.

edited to say I was at work and had typed this up and forgot to hit submit.  so it seems out of order.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Welcome back Barbe. Crossing everything for your scans Barsco. Glad work is going well Sherry.

Sorry I've been away but dealing with one mouth issue when another decided to pop up. Had to get a tooth pulled today and it's not even on the side that started my journey with the oral surgeon. Ugh, still have to deal with that. Good news that it's not ONJ though.

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Where is everyone ???

I went to the BS today for a check up. It has been 16 days post-op and I feel great. She was amazed at how good I am healing and said it wasn't what she expected at all. She was acting a little different and had my Onco type results in her hands. I asked her if they were as ugly as my path reports and she said NO. My score was a 6. The question is now what? Even with positive nodes chemo is not going to benifit me. She said she will be curious to know what the MO says on Monday. I am so glad I insisted on the test and didn't sign up for chemo for nothing. The MO had predicted my score would be in the middle. I am just not the norm.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

• Sherryc

Dianarose that is great I can't believe the score is so low.  My score was a 23 and I opted out of chemo

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

http://www.ecog.org/general/gendocs/tailorx_oncodxfact.pdf

Sherry- The link above explains the Oncotype scoring really well. What was your recurrence score? My Onco score was 6 and my recurrence score was an 8.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

E - Still lurking..... just a few pages behind..... now caught up!  Thanks for thinking about me! Kiss

Claire - that sounded horrible!!  However, whenever I get an IV, it usually gets done in my hand.  Now the best place to have contrast shot in.... and I have never had Chemo - just bad veins!  Will be in your pocket for even the smallest procedure!

Great to see you back Barbe - I lurk a few threads that you post in and just love your humour!! You HAVE been missed!

Hope everyone has a great week end!

• lisamarie68
    lisamarie68 Member Posts: 971

I am home now, pain is crazy , i hate it . my surgery was over 8 hours hope u gals had plenty to eat. they placed me on a morphine pump and it sucked , I vomited so bad and itched and couldnt sit still .then i couldnt pee and it hurt so bad , had to be catheterized , i had 1200 then 1600 cc no wonder i was crying .they changed pump to dilaudid , I did ok after that . now I pee on my own . have 2 drains not alloud showers until they come out , they can come out when i have less than 25cc in 24 hrs , i am draining 60 in 24 hrs. i feel like someone slammed my chest with a steel beam. i couldnt sleep in recliner . so my mom bought me new pillows and we propped  them up in bed .. sleep a little better now . glad to be home . I missed u all ...nodes were clear so far. im on percocet and zofran and keflex. also take bensdryl for itches . glad to be home . xoxoxo

Anyone that needs me I am once again free to pocket jump. sorry i dont know too much of whats going on , i was reading but I am so tired i cannot remember what i read .. luv and hugs  

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Damn---I hate what this crap does to us.  Hang in there lisamarie 

• barsco1963

Lisamarie - sending you healing vibes and best wishes for a quick recovery.

• elimar

Reesie,  I feel for you.  That's sounds like the kind of luck I usually have with my poor teeth.

D-rose,  I can believe it.  Look at Eph's Dx, and she came back with a high RS score.  Sometimes there are Oncotype surprises like that.  Your MO will get the final word, but I am betting that you will just get hormone therapy.  As helpful as Oncotype is, a large number of ER+s fall in the middle range (like Sherryc and me, too) and then it becomes a more personal decision.  My score was 18 and chemo offered me only a 2%-3% benefit, so I didn't do it.  That only is how I feel about it, but some do want any extra benefit that the Beast won't return.

lm68,  Oh, oh, oh!  Your story made me cringe, especially the catheter.  Very happy to hear your nodes were clear.  (I guess I haven't been paying attention, because I didn't think they had to get the nodes out for DCIS or LCIS?)  You need lots of rest now, so I thought you might like a manservant for some help around the house.  I'd wait til you feel a little better before mentioning "steel beam" to him.

Don't forget:  Paula66 is supposed to be by today with the second edition of  Weekend Mystery Pic.

• Paula66

here is the MP since Eli was so generous to let me do it!  The one and only time whining paid of for me, yahoo!