Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Keeping good thoughts for you, Jo. I feel so bad you have had this latest setback... Thank you, Sherry, for the updates.  

Janis, I'll be in your big pocket Monday, you can be sure. And I am so happy to hear you like your new gyno! That is a good thing & I imagine will have a calming influence on you as you enter surgery.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Sherryc, janis, & lisamarie, all of you can expect to feel a heavy weight in your pocket on Monday (and that is just me!)  Ahahaha!  I'm sure the others will all be there to support you in the various procedures.  We still have jo to think about, as she recovers.  Too bad about the hematoma, but that was really quick to get back into surgery to take care of it.

rajkumari, I don't have a clue about the foot problem.  Sorry you are having discomfort.  Do you have doctors just for feet there?  We have podiatrists here, and that is where we would go for something like you are describing.  Hope you can avoid surgery.

• Lory48
    Lory48 Member Posts: 266

Ja nis, I will be your pocket Monday.. hugs girl.

• nfranklin
    nfranklin Member Posts: 51

So very happy to hear that Jo is better and recovering. Jo still have you in my prayers,

Everyone that maybe having surgery or chemo treatments I am in your pocket.

I have had my second chemo treatment, will have my third on Monday. Currently suffering with a cold, taking Sudafed, okayed by MO, but not really helping, still sneezing and not feeling good in general.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Eli you must bring cheetos to my pocket party.

Just spoke to Jo and she is still draining blood.  She said the doctor came by this morning and order another blood test and said he would see her this afternoon.  So it does not look like she will be going home today

• elimar

Will do, Sherryc.  I'll need massive quantites for all the pockets.

nfranklin, seriously?  You too on Monday?  Is this some kind of harmonic convergence of the Middles?

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

nfranklin I am sorry you are going through all of this.  Hang in there.  I'll try hard to be there for you on Monday.  I have to be at the hospital at 8:30 but will be thinking of you.  Sounds like a lot of chemo!

I would love an Amaretto Cheesecake for my PP...how is that for indulgence?  Sounds like heaven to me.  Of course no calories in the pocket parties, what more could we want.  Oh...Cheetos!!!!!!  Will have to take my gauntlet off to eat those!  Laughing

I just talked to Jo and she is antsy and just wants to go home.  She wants something good to eat!  Always a good sign!  Many hugs sweet lady.  You have a big fan club waiting to know you are MUCH improved. 

Sheila it is never to late to jump in a pocket party.  We might have to have one for Jo when she finally gets sprung.

• elimar

I'm sure jo could use some Vitamin "C".  Take two (handfuls) and call me in the morning.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Hi Ladies... just heard from Sherry who heard from Jo... she said Jo said her drainage was better and ifher bloodwork is ok in the morning they will let her go home! She appreciates all the prayers! praying she gets to go home tomorrow fo rher birthday!!!!

• justmejanis

Tink thanks for updating!  Hoping she makes it home as well. 

Eli...my DH is the Cheetos fan in our house.  Oh and the "boyz" love them too! 

• nfranklin
    nfranklin Member Posts: 51

Elimar: yep seriously Monday . This must be a harmonic convergence of the middles.(smile).

I am feeling half way decent today from, dealing with this cold. Hope it is gone by Monday when I take my third chemo treatment.

Got granddaughter's birthday party tomorrow, she will be 11 on the 24th, also celebrating DH birthday which is on the 22nd. Should be fun, if I can stand all the giggling and screaming, she is having 8 screaming little girls over for the party and sleep over. My poor son and daughter-in-law. It will be fun though. I think I will escape early.

Justmejanis: I have to be at the hospital at 8:15am to get my blood taken and chemo appointment is at 9:30am. I will be in your pocket Monday.< /p>
  • Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Jumping in the pockets Monday for you gals.  I will have to leave for a bit cause my son finally has his appt with the neurologist, then I will be jumping into the pockets again!

Oh and Eli I know we are on a break but I was feeling a bit sentimental, can we bring back the MP????  PLLLLLLLEASE oh Please can we huh??

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

I will be in and out of pockets on monday.. Have onc appointment in the morning, Herceptin treatment in the afternoon, but will be jumping from pocket to pocket to pocket the rest of the day

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    Happy Birthday Jo- Glad you are coming home today. Laughing Are you turning 29 like me LOL
  • lisamarie68
    lisamarie68 Member Posts: 971

Happy Birthday Jo, sure wished I knew how to add pics cause id give u a nice birthday cake ! Love you and Hope u come home soon :)  :)

• justmejanis

Happy Birthday Jo! 

Lisamarie I'll bring a cake from everybody, okay?

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Happy Birthday Jo!!! I hope you're doing better and are able to come home today!! Still praying for you...

• Ossa

Happy Birthday Jo. Hope you get to go home today

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Happy Birthday Jo! Hope you are homeward bound already...

• elimar

Oh, janis already got a birthday cake for jo.  Do you think she will mind getting another?

Nope!  Neither do I.   SmileLaughingTongue outWinkKiss

• Ossa
    MMMM, cakeTongue out
  • barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Beefcake!! Happy Birthday Jo - I hope that you were able to get home today!

• lisamarie68
    lisamarie68 Member Posts: 971

Love all the cakes :):) Hope jo does too :)

• elimar
    Paula66,  I will let you twist my arm and YOU may kick off Weekend Mystery Pic (Part II) next weekend.  This will give you some time to find one and let others know it's coming.  Post on Sat. morning (or, Friday night, if Sat. morning doesn't work out.)  Reveal on Sunday, as usual.  Let's hope we have some keen observers amongst our Newbies.
  • tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Just  talked with Jo and she is going home today!!!!! wahoo! she is happy and appreciates everyones prayers and good thoughts! looking forward to getting home! Said she felt great! yah Jo!!! xoxo

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Yay Jo!!!

• justmejanis
    Eli I expect Jo will like your cake more.  You done good!  Laughing
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

was going to post about Jo but see that Tink beat me to it.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Hmmmmmm, my bday is in July!  Can I have a cake like Jo's please?

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Love cute little topper cartoon today!