Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• missingmercury
    missingmercury Member Posts: 156

Kathec, I am a HUGE Queen fan.  I did lose a pet recently and I just cried and cried.  He stayed with my ex when we separated, but was part of our family for almost 16 years.  He was Indiana Jones, because that was the dogs name.  :-)

We totally need a sarcasm emoticon...maybe a middle finger held up?  idk.  I am so tired of smiling at everyone so they don't feel bad and being told 'how brave' it is that I am so upbeat.  Everyone says, who doesn't have cancer, "a positive attitude makes a difference".  So I do get depressed even more on my depressed days thinking my bad attitude is birthing cancer cells.  BLAH!  BAH HUMBUG!  Cancer can kiss my ass!  I'll be pissed if I want to.  Plus I have so much cancer apparel now, thanks to well meaning friends, that I could upholster my recliner.

Kathec, I would not want me on a jury right now.  I have never had my name drawn, but my yelling at other drivers when I drive make me think I have anger issues right now.  lol

• justamy
    justamy Member Posts: 296

Losing pets stinks. It makes it worse when you have to be strong because your kids are mourning too. We have lost 2 dogs this year. Our first was a rat terrier that we had for 13 years. That's my 12 year olds whole life. My 18 year old took it the hardest. It was terrible. We then got a lab puppy and it got Parvo at 5 months and died in just a few days. Now we got a rescue dog that is half pit bull and half German Shepherd. He's about a year old and is an awesome dog named Hercules. He doesn't replace the others but he definitely has become part of the family! I can't imagine life without a dog. :)

• missingmercury

Me too, JustAmy.  Oreo was a blessing when I was diagnosed.

• Mulligan
    Mulligan Member Posts: 61

Sorry for all your loss of pets, they truly are a part of our families and not just pets. I lost my Pochi (one in avatar) a couple years ago, it devastated me, he was my baby. Even our cat took it hard so we got an older rescue cat for her. He passed away earlier this year of kidney failure he was 10 and our cat followed soon afterwards She was almost 9, she just died peacefully in her sleep.

We got 2 baby kittens for our younger girls. I'd love to get another Maltese type dog, just not ready right now.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Hello all. Just stopping in to say that I'm alive and well, but doubt that I'll be posting here anymore. I don't see work letting up at all and I don't have the time to stay as on top of things as this group deserves. This is the best thread on BCO as far as I'm concerned. Eli, you created a marvel. I wish you all good health and lives filled with love.  Ciao!

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

oh, marl, we'll miss your popping in! I feel like the thread is going through a metamorphosis. The baton is being passed. We will try to carry on in the middie spirit. 

• mel147
    mel147 Member Posts: 291

macatac and glennie - you're both right, sometimes people just can't see beyond themselves.  Good news is no cancer talk today at work!    mac - Bummer you couldn't get the tooth extraction done yet.  I hope the meds work well and you can get it done on Friday.
    glennie - hope your recovery is going well and your manservant is keeping the ironing done and the house clean!

kathec - hope you are able to get out of jury duty.  I was called when I was pregnant with my 2nd but was excused since I had gestational diabetes and had to pee all the time!  Would not have been able to sit through it!

missingmercury - sorry about the tears at work...hang in there!  

justamy and mulligan - sorry for the loss of your pets.  Glad you both have had some new additions to your families!  We are loving our rescue, Dixie and so is her older "brother" Spencer!

My oldest (21 yrs old) is coming home for the weekend for Fall Break!  We are looking forward to seeing her for a few days, I just have to figure out what I'm going to make for dinners! 

• jbokland
    jbokland Member Posts: 275

interesting video on male breast cancer! Pink & Blue; http://youtu.be/DXGhslH905s

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,313

Thanks for posting JB.  I heard Peter Devereaux (the Marine towards the beginning) speak at a BC Mets seminar last year.  Very moving.  Sorry to see he's gone.

• missingmercury

Macatac, love that pic.  Not a cat person, but I have that pic, only at the bottom it says 'before the zombies get you'.

People forget this is not just a female issue.  We just have more breast tissue.

..and apparently I'm a didn't know it, poet.  lol.  Happy Hump Day!  Smile!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833

Love that dog picture!!  Too cute!

• macatacmv

So I was shopping for instant cold packs for my upcoming extraction. I was looking at the one pack vs the two pack. On the one pack it said for sprains, strains and swelling. The picture was a woman holding the ice pack to her boob. I said to the woman helping me "What did she sprain her boob?" We had a good laugh. 

• mel147
    mel147 Member Posts: 291

That dog picture is hilarious!  He sure can open his mouth wide!

mac - funny about the picture on the ice pack!  I have a whole bunch of ice packs in the freezer from when I had my biopsies in June - I think I had two on each side.  I really need to get rid of them...can't see putting them in my lunch, somehow they are "tainted" boob ice packs - lol! Loopy

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Wishing all of my Canadian sisters a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend filled with lots of love, laughter, good food, family and friends. Get those buffet pants out!

• macatacmv

buffet pants!!!! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone!!! 

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

that IS funny!

• jbokland

My Say Yes to the Dress day with Randy Fenoli! 

• glennie19

COOL!!!!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

jbok, I don't watch that show, but I take it from your post you were an episode?  That's cool.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909

Happy Canadian
    Thanksgiving Day!

Jbokland--NICE
    DRESS!

• jbokland

no. Not on the show. I was part of a Brides  Against Breast Cancer event that partnered with the show.  Some local design students made our outfits ( that's my wife next to me). But, if you get The Daily Buzz in your area, we will be in it Friday! 

• missingmercury

Jbokland, so cool.  Your wife looks beautiful.  I love Randy, but don't watch the show much.  I'm a bitter divorcee right now, lol.

Happy Thanksgiving friends to the north!  I am all Halloween in Oct though.  Smile.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

jbok - beautiful dress! Talented students - did you get to keep the dress?

missingmercury - I love all things fall. Used to be more into Halloween a few years ago. Seem to have lost interest since DS grew out of it and moving out of town to a rural area. No kiddies come by at all.

• BookLady1
    BookLady1 Member Posts: 196

Hi! I love the humor abundant in your group and feel inspired to figure out how to post a photo of me and my dog, Abby Airedale. She is my chemo buddy having been diagnosed with lymphoma through finding lumps in her Mammaries a month before me. Really. This is my one week anniversary of chemo. Nauseau is my nemesis, and the anti meds hate my guts. I'm thinking of trying acupuncture and if anyone has tried this I'd love to know! Thank you for all the support you give. Linda

• jbokland

yes, we got to keep the outfits!  

• glennie19

Hi Booklady,

I haven't tried acupuncture for nausea, but have used it for other things. One time I had a bad cold, and the needles unstuffed me!  That was amazing.  I think it is worth a try.

Poor Abby!  Is she getting treatment for her lymphoma?  I hate that dogs get cancer too. It's so unfair. My last dog had tumor on adrenal gland. **sucked**

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

Booklady, really?  You can't take the anti nausea meds?  How do they keep you from barfing during infusion? I thought adriamycin was notorious for that..so sorry.  Welcome

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

There are so many anti-nausea meds available... including the patch. Have they tired them all?

For an alternative, I have read that hypnosis helps.... for a reputable source, too.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

bought my last bottle of Letrozole (Femara) 5 yrs will be done on 11-13-14!!!!!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

So happy for you Joni! You must be feeling so wonderful that this is almost DONE!