Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909

YEAH!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833

YAY!!!   Almost done!!!!

• chipmunk57
    chipmunk57 Member Posts: 28

Yay Joni! It must feel great to be close to the end of the road! I'm just on my second bottle of Tamox, then I get an AI for 5 years after that.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Honestly, 5 yrs ago in the midst of radiation, after the chemo, I never though 5 years would EVER pass.  It was so in that moment, that present and it didn't seem like there was a future!  But----IT'S SO BRIGHT, I GOTTA WEAR SHADES!!!!  I am so going to boogie on the night of November 14!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Could you look any happier in that pic, Eph?  The day you toss out that last bottle will be a celebration!  Happy

Hahaha!  That PUMPKIN BUTT!!!  ThumbsUp

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Thanks E.  I am thrilled.  The pharmacy tech gave me a hug.  When I got home last night, my daughter was just home from her job & I danced a jig around her.  She was a bit more reserved than I was (I think her biggest fear has been recurrence) but I loosened her up!!!

• Mulligan
    Mulligan Member Posts: 61

Aw Eph, so happy for you!!!!! Alas I'll probably start my HT in Dec/Jan and I won't be able to do that celebration for another 10 years. :(

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Congrats EPH!!!!image

• missingmercury
    missingmercury Member Posts: 156

Yay! Joni!

• BookLady1
    BookLady1 Member Posts: 196

hi! I'm enjoying this weekend before chemo round #2. I feel better prepared to deal with nausea, constipation, and sudden-overwhelming-need-to-nap times. But is this the week I lose my hair? Tues is day 14 of AC start. I've got a new ball cap, sleep caps and some gently worn scarves AND my wonderful wig stylist is standing by ready to shave my head and cut and style my wig whenever I am ready. Bring it on! take it off?

- Congrats Eph3! Love your happy photo

- jbokland, what a great photo of you, your wife, and Randy! My daughter and I used to catch Say Yes to the Dress and I hope Randy was as nice in person as he seems on the show. 

- glennie, Kathec and poppy K - thank for the warm welcome and suggestions about nausea. I'm going with the steroid dexamethasone and doubling up on zofran and dropping prochlorperazine per my MO. Patch and acupuncture scheduled. Doing everything I know about to keep constipation cramps and that fun stuff away.

- my rescue girl, Abby Airedale is tolerating her chemo and is my best friend. I am grateful...

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. I'm going to let Abby take me on a walk on this gorgeous fall day in Austin (under 90 degrees - woo hoo!) Linda

• glennie19

Glad you and Abby are doing OK.  Enjoy the lovely weather!!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Hooray for you Joni! 11-13-14 will be here before you know it!

Booklady - glad to hear you are enjoying your weekend and a walk in the beautiful fall air. I am cozied up inside with the woodstove pumpin out the heat.

• barsco1963

Whew - today is wind down day. The 2nd Annual "Dancing with Elephants" fundraiser was held last night. This is an event I started last year and along with my sisters, family and friends, we were able to organize another very successful evening. Our wee community of 1100 came out to help support the event to the tune of almost $5000.00! The event is held to help create awareness of metastatic bc and raise $$ for mbc research. Feeling very proud and blessed today.

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

Awesome Barsco! Dancing with Elephants? How did you come up with this name?

• barsco1963

PoppyK - the elephant refers to mbc being the elephant in the room (a take on a Metavivor campaign) and dancing because those with mbc are living and dancing with the elephant every day. The original plan was an evening of music and I believe the name was a suggestion from a sister on bco. Hope that makes sense.

• glennie19

Excellent, Barsco!!   Great name!!

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 842

Wow barsco, that is awesome - $5,000! Great job!

• missingmercury

Booklady, I was told by my onc about thae 17th day.  That is about when I pulled out the first clump.  I pulled so many out that weekend I got my head shaved.  That was July and still only have a hint of stubble.  Should grow back after done with this taxol in early Dec.

See my GI this week.  Chemo has my intestines so raw.

• BookLady1

missingmercury - I'm sorry to hear you have gut problems. I have chemo session #2 tomorrow and my biggest hope is that the gut SE's aren't as severe this time.  My hair starting coming out in clumps tonight! So weird. Just weird. I don't think I really believed it would happen. Denial, anyone? Linda

• PoppyK

Linda, I was hoping I wouldn't lose my hair, too. I don't think it's denial... just hopeful!

• BookLady1

PoppyK - I think you are right. It was an innocent hope. Nothing wrong with that! Have a good night. Linda

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

love, love, love the pumpkin butt!

I am finally starting to feel like myself again. Got the 3 crowns put in today. 

Then had a trip to the ER because I had a tick on the top of the back of my thigh (yes, by the crease under my cheek) and my squeamish DD wouldn't touch it and I couldn't see it well enough. So I got the Lyme lecture from the doc, a dose of antibiotic and am good to go. 

• missingmercury

I remember I pulled the first one out following the sentence to my mom; "My hair is supposed to start falling out about now, but not yet..aaaahhhhh!"

I wonder if my gut issues would be so bad if I didn't have crohn's.  My onc thinks the chemo just has my bowels raw.

• BookLady1

missingmercury - I'm sure there's already a book of chemo hair stories out there loved yours! Jeez - Crohns on top of everything else? I'm sure the chemo added to that - I am sorry. I mean, really. Enough, already!

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

Joni, I forgot to say happy happy upcoming day. You give us hope that we'll make it thru, too.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Barsco,  I applaud you, sister-girl!  Just goes to show what a little grassroots effort can accomplish.  Bravo!

merc,  If you are luck, you might have some coverage by Xmas.  (Might only be that baby chick fuzz at first, but still...)

mac,  As you know, I am dentally challenged.  Crowns galore.  I feel your pain.  Sometimes I get dental anxiety so bad, I wake up at three in the morning and my first waking thought is my teeth.  If lifetime anxiety got tallied up, I'd have more tooth anxiety than what I had from my BC.  Glad you got fixed up.

Spending my time doing Fall yardwork.  I think finally I am back to my proper energy level.  For a Middie, that is.  Good, but not 30-something good, ya know?

• PoppyK

Love the picture of the goldens! They are wonderful dogs!

I had my second chemo infusion a week ago... and I am exhausted. I hope to get some energy by next week. Just folding laundry saps what little energy I have.

The good news is that my Pharmacology Oncologist changed some of the meds I'm taking to manage side effects; The hot flashes that came with starting chemo have been minimal!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

• mel147
    mel147 Member Posts: 291

Hi, all - just got caught up reading everyone's posts.  I haven't been on much lately...I can't seem to get caught up!  Had two night meetings this week and, although tomorrow is my day off, I have a dentist appt, bible study and a drs appt.  Guess that laundry will not get done!  Then we have my husband's 30 yr HS reunion on Saturday.  His twin sister and her husband are coming in town sometime Saturday so I have to figure out how to get the house "company clean" before then.   Hoping next week will have less going on!

Barsco - congrats on your very successful fundraising - that is awesome!  Wouldn't it be cool if you could market that and have Dancing with Elephants events pop up in other places like the races we see all around in October?

mac - glad to hear your crowns are on!  Sorry about the tic, but happy you got it taken care of asap!

missingmercury, booklady, poppyk and all those in the midst of chemo - sending good vibes your way!  Pamper yourselves as much as you can and hang in there!

glennie - hiya!!  Hope you are doing well and feeling recovered after your surgery!

joni - more congrats here!  

elimar - have fun with the fall yardwork...I keep walking past my tiny garden in the front as I go in the garage and I look at it and think, someone really needs to get working on that, but so far, "someone" hasn't shown up to do it!  

Have a good night everyone!

• missingmercury

PoppyK, hope the new meds help.

See my GI this morning.  More blood in my tbowl.  Though I am thinking they are right it is the chemo, I am glad I will be able to loop him in as he may have things that could help.  Plus he should know I am on imunosuppressants since I have an autoimmune disease.

• missingmercury