Lets Post our Daily Exercise

1150915101511151215131515»

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521

I went to Yoga, on a Dog Walk & cleaned the house. Tonight we are going out for dinner with DS & DIL who celebrate their 1st Wedding Anniversary on Monday.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,847

I've been reading but not posting.

Karen: Hope your PT is going well. Your foot looks so good!

Ruth: That was really nice that you and dh were invited to the Athletic Hall of Fame banquet. I bet you knew many of the people getting inducted.

We were very fortunate not to be seriously affected by hurricane Helene. The destruction in the NC mountains is devastating. Dh and I lived in the mountains for 6 years and they had terrible flooding. It's just heartbreaking.

Went to visit ds and his partner yesterday. Baby is due in 21 days!

Dh went to the doctor on Thursday for his back. After his examination, the doctor is confident it is not a vertebrae, disc, spinal cord, or nerve issue. None of those are compromised. It's a strain/sprain of the S1 joint and he might have ripped his butt muscle. Dh was given 2 steroid shots. It's going to take time but the doctor assured me dh will heal.

I've been painting pumpkins and I will post some of them.

• wonderland

I painted this one for ds, partner, and baby.

• wonderland

I painted this one for an older friend who broke her hip the other week. She had surgery and is now in a nursing home for a few weeks. She wants to go home and misses her cats (they have 6). She really misses her big orange cat so that's why the cat is so much bigger than the black one.

• wonderland
    edited September 30

Dd's cat is HUGE and loves to eat. Dd has a feeder that's set on a timer and the cat will sit by it waiting for the next time it drops food. I painted the cat Trick or Treating at a haunted house and of course her costume is something edible.

• wonderland

This next one will not make any sense unless you're a Harry Potter fan. I painted it for a friend who loves owls and is also a HP fan. This is Halloween at Hogwarts. Hedwig the owl is dressed up like Harry Potter. The school has many spiders and this one is hanging off the whomping willow and is dressed up like Dumbledore.

• ruthbru

You are SO creative, Wonderland!! Glad DH's back is something that will heal without a surgery! So tragic about the Asheville area. It's just amazingly horrible (I am watching a story about in on CNN right now).

I went on a walk yesterday. Today I went to Zumba & will go to HIT. Tonight we will babysit the grand-dogs while their 'parents' go out on a date to celebrate their first wedding anniversary.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

Rosh Hashanna starts tomorrow night. Most of my cooking is done except for vegetables. I started cooking about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I was talking to a neighbor the other day and asked if she was going to her daughter and she said her daughter doesn't do anything. So she is joining us tomorrow night. Still it will be a small group, the family is 4 (DH,DS,DD#2, me) and my neighbor makes 5.

The devastation from Helene is just heart breaking. So much damage.

Today was my first day back at work since August 29th. My foot is healing how it is supposed to, but still swollen and sore at times. I got out of the boot on Thursday and can manage to get my running shoes on if I loosen all the laces. I'm going to PT twice/weekly for 1 - 2 months.

Yesterday my DD#2 and DH went hiking to one of their favorite places. The Aspen colors were awesome. I'll try to post a few pictures.

Look what I did yesterday!!! Something I've been wanting to do for over a year. One of my gf when I sent her the picture said I'm "colorful"

I may check in before work tomorrow, but otherwise I won't be online till at least not until Saturday night.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

St. Mary's Glacier, CO

• ruthbru

Cute picture of you, Karen, 'colorful' looks good on you! And of the beautiful fall scenery too. Keep your foot up as much as possible!!

We did our first round of raking today & picked up a bunch of branches (from two days of 55 mph winds!). I went to both Barre & Yoga tonight (one of my favorite yoga teachers is moving away so I'm trying to catch as many of her classes as I can before she goes).

• ruthbru

The Wednesday Walking Women had a fun adventure at a pumpkin patch this morning!

• wonderland

Karen: Love it! Very colorful.

Ruth: Pumpkin patches and hayrides are so fun!

It's been hot, humid, and high dew points so I've been taking it easy. Got my flu shot yesterday and still need to get my COVID, rsv, and tdap vaccines before the grandbaby is born.

Painted a few more pumpkins. I've painted 9 and have 1 more to go.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,714

Took Nugget to our property and walked him around where the house will go next year. Going to start breaking out the Fall/Winter clothes in a bit.

• ruthbru

It feels like fall here too. I went to HIT this morning & will go back for Dance2fit tonight.

• wonderland

Still hot and humid. The weatherperson says it will change next week.

Walked a little today.

• ruthbru

DH & I went and got our flu & Covid shots this morning. Nice to get those off our list. We will go for a dog walk shortly.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 863

Love the pumpkins Wonderland.

Nice shot of the WWW and the pumpkin patch. Good work on getting your flu and covid shots.

Later today I bring my mom (her first trip out of assisted living) to the Dr for her flu shot…she spaces her out two weeks apart. I'll get mine both next week…two weeks before I attend a conference with 1000+ people.

Got to the gym 3 times this week…making my way back slowly.

Happy weekend everyone! TT

• ruthbru
  • ruthbru

Yoga & walking both Saturday & Sunday.