Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,840

Yikes, Ruth! So scary. I always go to the basement during bad storms. Good idea about the portable battery charger. I always bring my purse (credit card, cash, car/house keys), computer, notebook with important information, family jewelry, a change of clothes. tennis shoes. Funny thing, I don't bring water or food! Need to add those and the charger to my mental list. Lmk if you can think of anything else I need to add.

It's too hot for me to walk outside. The dew point is still too high. So I walked in the house. It's supposed to cool down next week.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,498

I should have thought about my purse! I did put Bruno's collar with ID on him, in case he was wandering around in the aftermath of a tornado.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696

We got some of that storm here in Wisconsin last night. Had a few claps of thunder and a couple of flashes of lightning and rain.

Between brining stuff up from storage and trying to organize the house we are renting, I have only been able to do one workout on my exercise bike.

• ruthbru

I went to mat pilates, took a dog walk & a walk by myself. The storm cleared the heat & humidity from the air, so it is actually quite delightful here. (Sorry about that to all who are suffering from miserable conditions!)

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,600

Surgery went well on Friday. I was home by 12:30 pm. Friday and yesterday I took the tramadol along with the ibuprofen and acetaminophen. Today I’m skipping the tramadol as the pain is being managed with alternating the acetaminophen and ibuprofen every 3 hours. Still icing the foot. Got a shower this morning. We have a shower chair and I bought a “bag” to go over the bandage as it can’t get wet. It’s frustrating to not be able to walk or us my Cubii. I guess short term inconvenience is worth no long term pain. I sat outside yesterday afternoon and will sit outside this afternoon. I need the fresh air and sun light.

The boot is up to my knee!

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. No special plans but we want to see Reagan Maybe on Wednesday for our 47th anniversary and DH will grill steak!

• ruthbru
    edited September 1

That is quite the boot, Karen! Glad surgery is behind you & I know you'll do whatever the doctors say to do to make sure you have a quick and uneventful recovery.

DS, DIL, one of their friends & ALL of their dogs came over for a picnic yesterday (they are busy tomorrow). So, that was a busy day. I managed to go to yoga before they came over, and on a walk after they left. Today I am cleaning the house & serving leftovers from Saturday.

• wonderland
    edited September 3

Karen: Your boot is huge! Thankful that your surgery was successful. Enjoy your time off of work while your foot heals. ❤️

Ruth: A doggy picnic sounds like fun!

m0mmy: Glad you're getting settled into your rental.

Dh decided it was time to call the doctor and tell him his back pain is not improving. He called on Friday. His regular doctor was off so his partner put in an order for an xray and said dh may need a mri. This is what I've been hoping would happen! Had the xray on Friday. No fracture. Bottom line was unspecified back pain. Dh is still in pain and only has 1 more Vicodin so he's calling his doctor tomorrow for recommendations. I hope he can get a mri for further investigation. Dh is mostly fine when he sits but walking is painful. He walks like a little old man and I've never seen him like this.

Ds and his partner came for a short visit yesterday. I had saved a couple of outfits ds wore as a baby so I showed the clothes to them. They took the 3 outfits - one was a white outfit ds wore home from the hospital. He's going to tie dye it and I can't wait to see it!

Walked late this afternoon.

• m0mmyof3

Put the bed frame and foundation together yesterday so we could get the matress off the floor.

• ruthbru

Glad DH is going back to the doctor, wonderland. Hopefully he will get the MRI & figure out what is going on. My DIL is having back issues & has been going to a chiropractor with no relief. I WISH that she would see an medical doctor & get an MRI too. So cool that you saved some of DS's baby clothes for the newest member of the family!

We took a dog walk & I took a walk on my own yesterday. We had a friend over for a picnic supper in the backyard (I bought the whole meal at the deli, so no work for me on Labor Day!). I will go to Barre Sculpt & Zumba this evening.

Hope you are healing well, Karen.

Nice to have a real bed to sleep in, mOmmy!

• ruthbru
    edited September 4

Here are the Wednesday Walking Women. We walked around the paths by the Regional Medical Center & ate breakfast in their beautiful patio area (their hospital food is good & cheap!).

• wonderland

m0mmy: glad you now have a bed frame and you can get the mattress off the floor.

Great picture, Ruth.

I tried to sign on last night but the site was not working. Luckily all is well tonight. Had an overdue haircut today. Dh is waiting on insurance approval for a mri. Ridiculous.

Walked yesterday and today.

• ruthbru

I went to HIT this morning, on a dog walk, and will go to class tonight. A dear friend of mine's 19 year old son just lost a brutal 8 month battle with a rare, aggressive cancer. Incredibly, incredibly sad.

• wonderland

I am so sorry, Ruth 😞 Just not fair.

• karen1956

Ruth sorry to hear about your friend’s. So sad.

I got results from my labs for my Hematologist appointment on Monday. My calcium is elevated again. A few other numbers seem wonky so curious what hematologist will say. I know he’ll be annoyed with the calcium levels. But Endocrinologist insists I take calcium. I guess I need to make an appointment with her.
    First post op visit with Podiatrist this morning. It is healing well. Having my foot washed felt so good plus new bandages. Next week he’ll take the stitches out and X-rays. He wants me to do PT, I have an appointment in 3 weeks. Got permission to go to grocery store and even walk around the block. After being housebound for a walk with my foot elevated this was such welcome news.

• ruthbru

It LOOKS like you got in a fight with an alligator, Karen!! But I'm glad it's healing & you are allowed to walk a little.

• m0mmyof3

More moving stuff in and organizing!

• ruthbru

Mat Pilates & a stretching class, followed by a dog walk. Our high school plays it's first home football game tonight. The field is 1/2 mile from us, so DH & I will walk over & back to avoid the hassle of parking (and getting back out after the game).

• karen1956

Went to the grocery store and walked around the block (8 minutes) It felt so good to get out of the house. Still keeping my foot elevated most of the day.

Ruth - have fun at the football game.

• ruthbru

We did have a fun game & won 14-12 in a nail-bitter (the opposing team missed a field goal with 3 seconds left on the clock!).

Today I went to Yoga & did a 5K walk for charity; raising money for research for Huntington's Disease, which is a horrible illness. One of our Wednesday Walking Women's first husband & daughter died from it, and now her son is fighting it too…..devastating.

• wonderland

Just a quick note - walked yesterday and today. I also painted a Halloween doorhanger and I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

• ruthbru

I went to a new class called 'Legs' yesterday. 40 minutes of standing leg exercises with weights. It was music driven, so I liked it. I am going to Dance2fit and HIT tonight.

• wonderland

Karen: Hope each and every day your foot continues to heal.

Ruth: Your new Legs class sounds like something I would like to take.

Walked yesterday.

Today I painted a 14 inch wooden round I've had for a few years. It came in a pack of 4 and this is the last one. I never felt compelled to paint something on it. I don't have many scary Halloween things so I thought it would be fun to paint this for the door.

• ruthbru

That is so cute, wonderland!!!

• ruthbru

I had a hair appointment this morning, went to Barre, and then to the visitation for my friend's son. Sad, sad, sad.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857

Karen, hope you have a smooth and quick recovery. Ruth, nice to see all the wednesday walking women again. Sorry about your friend's son. That is so sad. Wonderland, love the Halloween deco painting.

One day I may make it to North Carolina where we have friends with a beach house near where the wild horses are (forgot the name of the place).

Did strength training and zumba yesterday. Also walked the dog. We were sailing in Greece last week and I seemed to have lost a bit of muscle strength given all the electrically assisted/automated systems on board.

Just popping in to check on you guys 17 years since my diagnosis. Time is flying.

• wonderland

Heidi: It is FABULOUS to see you again❣️ Have a fantastic time sailing in Greece. Sounds amazing. Thank goodness for treatments that have keep us here for a long time. When that day comes and you make it to NC I will meet you in Corolla on the Outer Banks and we will run on the beach with the wild horses!

Walked this afternoon then sat on my tail for a long zoom meeting.

• ruthbru
    edited September 12

Heidihill, it is so awesome to hear from you!!! I'm so glad you are still exercising, and sailing, and walking the dog!! I am doing the same; exercising, walking the dog & I'm going on a cruise down the Chesapeake Bay later this fall (and also for 17 years!).

It is so smokey here from the western wildfires that there are air quality alerts & the sky looks weird. This picture shows what it looked like walking this morning. Later, I went to the heartrendingly sad funeral & on a dog walk, just because I needed to move.

• m0mmyof3

Ruth, we’ve had the same haze here in northern Wisconsin.

• wonderland

Yikes about the smoke, Ruth and M0mmy. The destruction the arsonist started is horrendous. Lock the sick bastard up and throw away the key.

Walked this afternoon.

• ruthbru

I went to HIT, Dance2fit, and Yoga. Tomorrow we take off for a long weekend in the Twins Cities. We'll meet up with my brother, sister & their spouses; have a picnic with the cousins from my mom's side of the family, go to a Twins baseball game & a Vikings football game. Should be fun! Since I can NOT figure out how to log in to this site on my phone since everything has been changed up, I will see you next Monday or Tuesday!