Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

BREAST IMPLANT SIZING 101

Comments

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

warrior woman, too funny!

Whippetmom:

• Previvor101
    Previvor101 Member Posts: 126

thanks Warrior Woman. Will start googling!

• cateyz2
    cateyz2 Member Posts: 253

Warrior Woman, was this one of them he included? LOL I wonder what size implants these are?

Whippetmom, whats your guess???? 

Wonder how this is even physically possible?????

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864

oh my word!!! I think I just lost my appetite!! 

• grammakathy
    grammakathy Member Posts: 126

Definitely beach ball sized!  Funny!  It hurts to look at them!

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467

I'm with grammakathy - it hurts to look at her (them).  I would have thought that maybe cateyz2's picture had been Photoshopped - but it appears that this is the same girl. (Unless bleached blonde hair and black eyeliner is a prerequisite for this kind of thing...)  Shocked  OUCH!

• 2nd_time_around

Wowza! Her breasts arrive 5 minutes before the rest of her

• cateyz2
    cateyz2 Member Posts: 253

I can only imagine she would have to have the TEs in for at LEAST 5 years maybe even 10 to expand her skin, YIKES! 

• aviva5675
    aviva5675 Member Posts: 836

what Dr on earth could ethically do something like that? She needs to have her head examined and the Dr needs his license pulled.

• LoriWNY
    LoriWNY Member Posts: 178

How the heck does she tie her shoes?  Let alone put on socks or even shave her legs?  On the upside, she could market herself as a flotation device!

• 2nd_time_around

how does she lean over a sink to wash her face?

• simplelife2
    simplelife2 Member Posts: 74

Yikes!! That looks scary!!

• mnmbeck
    mnmbeck Member Posts: 156

Yowzah!  Can you imagine how long it must take her to get a mammogram?????  LOL!

• 2nd_time_around

can a mammo machine open that wide?

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Five bucks says she's not a stomach sleeper.

On a positive note, she doesn't need a lap tray! ThumbsUp

p.s. I apologize if this is a picture of one of our BCO ladies.....

• jennie71
    jennie71 Member Posts: 7

Thank you SweetandSpecial for your feedback.  Yeah, I don't feel comfortable with the ultra high profile width being smaller than the expanders width.  I will tell my PS on Monday to stick only with the high profiles.  I really appreciate your help!  Jennie71

• 2nd_time_around

• Previvor101

my thoughts regarding those bazookas, they have been photoshopped! Surely no surgeon would do that! Although it is sometimes how I feel with these TE!!

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669

Would anyone even have enough skin to stretch over those bazookas?  Even if she were a back sleeper those things would crush her lungs so she couldn't breath!  So maybe she sleeps like a horse - standing up?

• aviva5675

i agree...photoshop

• 2nd_time_around

Sorry, but I think it's sadly true. Living in So Cal, nothing surprises me anymore. Bigger, better (well, maybe not in this case) and more expensive is what it's all about to some people here.

S&S, what a picture that brings to mind (sleeping standing up, that is)

• marymmc
    marymmc Member Posts: 4

I had a

• marymmc

Help.  :(

10/7/13 I was dx with IDC stage 2. 

10/31/13 I had a double mx at which time they also put in the TE.  No Chemo, Rad or hormonal therapy.

04/24/14 I had my reconstruction.

The Sunday after my reconstruction, yesterday, we took off the ace bandage and I can't hold it together.  I'm so upset and embarrassed.  Actually, I don't know what I'm feeling.  I'm thankful to be alive but this is not the outcome that I wanted.  I told her that I wanted to be a size D, which I understand can't b measured so she said that by 400 cc I should achieve what I wanted.  I'm maybe a full B!!!  I went through so much and feel like I should be grateful but I'm so depressed.  I don't know what to say or do.  I know it's only been maybe a few days so I'm open mined to anything.  My post op is Thurs and I don't even want to get out of bed.  I knew she said that we would try to achieve what I wanted or really close but I feel like this isn't fair.  :(  I don't know what my options are or even if I have any.  I have a smaller frame but this size would have made me more proportioned and I felt beautiful with my TE.  Now I'm insecure and angry.  Having cancer was a nightmare to begin with and everything I went through makes this seem like nothing but to me, for reasons I can't explain, it hurts. 

I'm 5ft 130 lbs with a 32inch rib cage.  I'm unaware of the TE type.  I was never informed but didn't know I would ever need the info.  The breast implants are both 400 cc Mentor Smooth Round Ultra High Profile implants.  Prior to the exchange, the TE ended up being 425 total. 

I'm speechless.  Can you please help on what, if anything, I should do? 

Thank you,

Mary

• Previvor101

marymmc, I haven't had my exchange yet but have been reading these forums and listening to all these wise women religiously. Until someone else pipes in, here is my 2 cents. 

One thing about the TE's is that they are hard because that is their job, to push out the tissues and stretch everything. The permanent implants are a lot softer and more compressible. This allows the pec muscles to push on them. With time, the pec muscles relax and the infamous "drop and fluff" occurs. This can take months.  I have read of numerous people being unhappy and disappointed soon after their exchange. It is also a very emotional time. The wise words are: "step away from the mirror". Have a look in the "exchange" forum page and read some of the posts. Sometimes it also helps to realize that you are not alone with your feelings. 

Good luck

• AZ85048

Previvor101 - You have learned well, grasshopper!  Loopy

• AZ85048

marymmc - Hi and welcome!  Previvor is correct with her advice to 'step away from the mirror'.  You're only four days out from exchange and will NOT look like you do now in three or four months.  I promise.  You can trust us on this one.  We've all been there and been disappointed and upset - not least of all meShocked  However, as I'm now about four and a half months post exchange, I still see changes in my 'new girls'.  Here's the link to a very good forum called 'Exchange City'.  This link will take you to the last page, but I recommend that you read and read.  You'll soon find that there are many on there who were disappointed at first, but given the requisite time, things got MUCH better.  Like everything else around here you just need to be patient.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/44/topic/728266?page=1103#idx_33064  ThumbsUp

• aviva5675

No matter how much we know it- its really hard not to be looking in the beginning and be shocked.  It will takes weeks now at least for them to settle, fluff, drop, swelling to go down, etc. In a few months you will see how they look and go from there. If your ps is any good they will be glad to work with you starting later on to swap them out, do revisions etc, til you are happy. But it will take awhile to get to a point where you can really see how they will be. Also, you are still coming off anasthesia, and dealing with the whole cancer thing, so your emotions are all over the place. We have been in your shoes!!! Take a deep breath and try to rest, then see how it goes.

• marymmc

I read your responses and I’m speechless. I really needed to read what you all put.  I’ve never participated in a forum and feel so much better. It all makes a sense.  I’ll step away and be patient.  I wish I would have done more research on what to expect.  I was very disappointed with my results and felt guilty about not being more thankful but this site and the exchange forum… wow, I’m totally overwhelmed. Thank you is really an inadequate response.

I’ve not really talked to anyone about the cancer and it’s been eating at me.  My husband is supportive but it’s been hard on him too.  My friends live years away and have very busy lives and my family, well, I’ve just been dealing with this alone. Not totally alone, it’s just been a really lonely, very hard process. I read these things and feel like I've found a world who understands.  Every time I read something that I relate too I want to scream, me too! Me too!  Tomorrow I’m going to a support group. I don’t know what I’ll say but this helped me feel like I can and that other women feel the same. I read that quote that said “it’s not what they take from you, it’s what you have left” and felt relieved. I didn’t realize I was in this much pain until it finally exploded and emailed you all.  And here you all are :)

I don’t know what else to day.

I’m Mary. Nice to meet you all.

“when you’re busy looking for something in particular, you run the risk of missing something you weren’t looking for.”

• AZ85048

Hi, Mary, and welcome to the end of being alone in this.  We're all here - anytime you need us. 

• LoriWNY
    LoriWNY Member Posts: 178

Welcome Mary.  Sorry to meet you here.  You need to remind yourself that knowledge is power and the more you know, the more you will feel in control of your situation.  Don't be afraid to vent here or ask anything of us.  The wonderful ladies of this forum have helped me understand so much and for that, I am eternally grateful and am able to cope with this unexpected journey in my life.