Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

BREAST IMPLANT SIZING 101

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,315

Deborah - so glad they are able to get you in soon for surgery.  I think the waiting is the hardest part.  We'll be sending prayers and very gentle hugs.

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

whippetmom - Praying for good results.  Do keep us posted.  Love, hugs and prayers!  

• Mommyathome
    Mommyathome Member Posts: 876

Whippettmom,

You are in my prayers. Good luck with the surgery and praying for a speedy recovery!

• mnmbeck
    mnmbeck Member Posts: 156

Deborah....this one is going to be 'easy -peasy!!!'   I am going to be praying for that!!!  You are the best.  We are all so grateful for you.  Hang in there, and know you are protected by the almighty!!

• algranna
    algranna Member Posts: 23

Praying for you Deborah! 

I have a question.... I had my tissue expanders taken out and implants put in on 1-13-14.  I finished 28 radiation treatments two weeks ago to my right breast.  My left breast has dropped but my right one has not. Has any one else had this problem?  I am afraid the right one has hardened from the radiation and will not drop. 

Happy Easter!

• Salina888
    Salina888 Member Posts: 35

Deborah,

Good Luck with your surgery, I'll be praying for you!  I'm having surgery the day before you, to try and fix that tethering on the side.

• Chrisrenee77
    Chrisrenee77 Member Posts: 693

algranna which breast did you have radiation on?  I want to say the breast that had radiation sometimes takes a bit longer to drop.   Unfortunately, I'm not the best to answer but maybe one of the rad girls will be able to answer definitively for you.   

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Deborah - Praying for a successful procedure, quick and complete healing, and His perfect peace in your heart. xoxoxoxoxo

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,315

algranna - I already had implants in place when I had radiation on one side only, but my RO told me that the radiated breast would probably tighten up & always be higher.  She said most often patients have to have a "touch up" on the non-radiated breast implant to pull it up some to match.  Hope that helps.

• 2ns_Jenn
    2ns_Jenn Member Posts: 95

Algranna - I am 5 months out from my exchange and I have a noticeable difference on the rads side.  The skin is tight and there are spots that are hardened, presumably with scar tissue and the implant doesn't want to drop.  Consequently, it is flatter and appears much smaller than the non-rads side.   My PS said he would consider a larger implant on that side but not until at least the 6 month mark.

Deborah - good luck with surgery & wishing you a safe and easy recovery!  

Jenn

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Hi , I am trying to catch up. First i want to wish Debora all the best for her recovery. We all need you to be healthy and we love you ;))

I havent been here for a few months , i still have to see a PS for my second opinion. My implants never got any better so still lots of rippling and now not symmetry, Rad made my right breast to firm up and the left one is a lot loser and it looks and feel terrible also have a lot of discomfort underneath the right breast for some reason the scarring burns a lot . Anyway my onco sent me to another PS and he will see me May 27, keeping my fingers crossed. I am trying to investigate now on saline implants. Wishing you all a great easter and a beautiful week.

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

I am over my RA flare for now....and I can type again.  Do not refrain from posting for fear I have too much on my plate...I will have my iPad in the hospital and I will have plenty of time on my hands to respond to inquiries! Winking

• bc101
    bc101 Member Posts: 923

Does your iPad have a mic feature? I tried using it on my table the other day because it's so tedious typing with one finger. It seems to work pretty good. Good luck with your surgery :)

• whippetmom

BC - I have Siri, but not for typing other than messages....

• whippetmom

Oh....I see...well, I could dictate a note and then cut and paste it here.  I just tested it. That might work better.  My hand is working pretty good the past two days....but that would conserve the usage of BOTH hands.  

• whippetmom

I told Siri:

"Don't forget that fat grafting is probably the best solution for a tight, radiated breast"....

and she translated:

"Don't forget that fat grafting is probably the best solution for a tight red breast"

That really is pretty close!

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467

whippetmom - We'll all be in your pocket tomorrow! WinkingLoopySingingNerdyShockedHeadphonesBawlingSmileHappy Here's hoping your surgery is easy and that your recovery is quick and uneventful!  We'll all be waiting to hear how it goes...ThumbsUp

• Enerva

Whipeetmom Good Luck!!!!!! sending you big hugs 

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248

Deborah, also wishing you the best!

Enerva and the rest of you ladies, just wanted to connect, it late so want talk much tonight.  My PS made a mess of my TE and then Exchange. Had the worse TE experience you can thing of--very painful fills, etc.   Still having lots of problems with the exchange.   Not symmetrical , fill like I am choking it is so high, hurts something awful when I use my arm, feels heavy and the pocket not only is sore all the time but the bottom is empty. Other professionals who have examine me since--mammogram, BS--wanted to know if I even had the exchange.  Finally my BS referred me to another PS.  My present PS refused to give me my records for over a week.; I cannot tell you all the stories they made up.  Finally got the records, a copy for me and one for the new PS and have found out they have been altered.  I feel helpless--upset.  I hope the new PS believes me--I can prove most of the lies and misinformation that is in my record;  Gosh how do a  professional do such an awful thing as lie and alter records to cover their mistakes.  It makes me feel like I was just a product. All I've gone through and I still am fighting something I shouldn't even have to worry about.  Oh well just sharing.  Have a good night!

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248

whippetmom, you are in my pocket, too!!!  Love and Hugs!

• mnmbeck
    mnmbeck Member Posts: 156

dwill....that is just horrible....HORRIBLE.  I will say a prayer that you find excellent, compassionate care that you deserve.  Stay strong.  Sending a big hug your way.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Whippetmom, wishing you a restful night sleep, an easy surgery, little time in the hospital and on your way to wellness quickly. Sending lots of hugs, prayers, and love your way!

• Enerva

Dwil, tnank you for sharing. I know i am not alone, we wont lose faith and try to get it right. Sending you hugs too 

• cateyz2
    cateyz2 Member Posts: 253

Whippetmom, hoping all goes well today and for a speedy recovery.

• cateyz2
    cateyz2 Member Posts: 253

Ive been MIA for awhile, consumed with my daughters new house, however I have just finished reading and catching up on posts.

I am now 5 months post exchange and am still having issues and plan to deal with them sometime in June, I have posted updated pictures on the other site and would love some feedback, currently have allergan style 20 round in 550 cc and am considering swaping out for a bit bigger and having some other revisions done. Would love to hear some feedback

• activern
    activern Member Posts: 111

Hi Whippetmom:  Sorry for the late response to my question and then your answer!  I have been a little down in the last few weeks - I think this may be due to one of the crazy injections I am taking.  Anyhoo - yes - Webex conferences can be a little challenging.  I like your self description "introvert" - ha!  Nerdy

• juliempw
    juliempw Member Posts: 191

Hi Deborah, it's been a couple of years but I heard about your surgery through the grapevine. Wanted you to know that you are being thought of by many more people than you realize. You're an amazing support to so many. I hope you feel that in return as you recover!  Hugs!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

hi Whippetmom, hoping you're resting comfortably!

H&L&P,

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Thinking of you Deborah!  Hoping all went well yesterday!

• Katey
    Katey Member Posts: 496

Deborah, first, your photo is beautiful!  
    Lilah let me know about your surgery.  I hope and pray that the surgery went well and that you are feeling your best soon.  You are loved by so many for the tremendous amount of time, energy and devotion you give so easily.  

For those of you new here, I was among many Deborah helped in 2009 on this site, she's been doing this for quite awhile!  I hope you will rest and take care of yourself!