Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

BREAST IMPLANT SIZING 101

Comments

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467

Blessings2011 - ThumbsUp

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

not as experienced as most, but here to help out where I can

• Previvor101
    Previvor101 Member Posts: 126

Deborah (boob whisperer extraordinaire), I am so sorry to hear that you have more trials and tribulations to deal with. RA can be nasty and the treatments even more horrid. And then to have a lung lesion change is just more stress. I have been reading your advice and recommendations religiously (although haven't asked for advice myself)

AZ, happy to help out if needed. Can do a mean excel spreadsheet which we can populate with all required info etc! In a different time zone if that's relevant!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864

Deborah...

Bless you!! Rest and take care of yourself. We'll all help as best we can. 

Prayers for speedy, complete healing. We so greatly appreciate the comfort you give to damsels in distress! Betcha when you were considering the ways that you could follow God's path for you THIS "job" wasn't even on the radar!! Winking It's amazing where He takes us so that we can meet needs. Thank you for your willingness to serve. NOW sit back for a bit and let others take care of YOU!

• mickwes
    mickwes Member Posts: 4

Mikishelly- I did not go through chemotherapy, but I found after surgery the best thing was frequent naps and physical therapy.  Did you try that?  It really helped with stiff muscles.  Good luck!

• mickwes
    mickwes Member Posts: 4

Whippetmom, Thank you so much.  I will find out size and shape of my TE and get back to you.  Thanks so much!

• bc101
    bc101 Member Posts: 923

So sorry to hear that Deborah. Hope everything goes well with your surgery. It's good that you told us. Please rest and take care of YOU!!

• KGSN
    KGSN Member Posts: 20

whippet mom  I hope you are feeling better soon. 

• simplelife2
    simplelife2 Member Posts: 74

Sandra.  Awesome!! So that gives me an idea of what I have to look forward too???!!!  Made my day!! Needed the chuckle as we are sitting in a big snowstorm once again!

• simplelife2

Sandra4611

Thanks for your post:))

• LoriWNY
    LoriWNY Member Posts: 178

My thoughts are with you Deborah.  You have given so much of yourself to take care of us; now it is time to take care of YOURSELF.

• simplelife2

WhippetMom

Please take care of yourself!  You do so much for all of us and being a newbie your information you provide is invaluable. Rest and get better. Thank you for everything. Thoughts and prayers are with you in the days ahead. God will take care. 

• simplelife2

AZ  great idea. You are always so helpful too. Thank you! For all the love and caring you show everyone!

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619

Deborah- you have been a rock for all of us- not it's your turn to lean on us.  Praying for you and sending lots of hugs!

Babs

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

I AM SO BLESSED BY YOUR KIND WORDS, PRAYERS AND YOUR OVERWHELMING SUPPORT!  MY RIGHT HAND IS SO MUCH BETTER TODAY.  THE FEELING OF WANTING TO SAW IT OFF IS GONE AT LEAST!  LoopyI LOVE YOU ALL! 

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248

Deborah, Thinking about you tonight!    You do so much for us--please take the time and take care of yourself. I am sorry to hear about your RA flare-up and lung lesion. You are so right--when it rains--it pours. Try to take it easy and don't worry about us.  We all love you and don't mind standing out in the rain with you,  Dorothy! 

• AZ85048

Disciples of Whippetmom:  OK, so here's the plan.  I'm posting this so that you can either copy and paste the necessary information that will be in my next post elsewhere, or send someone requiring whippetmom's expertise here.  Deborah has reviewed this and it will help her considerably if we can all impress on anyone new that they need to have all of this information or wait to PM her their information until it's complete

If someone needs whippetmom's email address to send a picture, just have them PM me temporarily.  Deborah sends her thanks for your help.  After all, look what she's done for all of usWinking

• AZ85048

To anyone asking whipptemom for help
    with implant sizing, please read the ENTIRE header of the BREAST IMPLANT SIZING 101 thread first.  As our
    beloved whippetmom is somewhat indisposed these
    days, please gather all of the information about your situation BEFORE you ask her for
    help.

The information she
    will need is as follows:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Screen Name:

Height:

Weight:

Ribcage Measurement: (measuring
    the circumference of your ribcage under your tissue expander(s) or under your
    bra line)

IF you already haveTEs

Style:  probably either Mentor or
    Allergan 

• whether they’re short height,
      moderate height, full height if Mentor (style number if you have it)

• style number if Allergan

Recommended Fill
    Volume
    of TEs in CCs.

(NOTE: If you have PMT Corporation tissue expanders or any other
    unlisted manufacturer, please see if your PS will provide you with the
    dimensions of these devices.]

Any other pertinent details of your reconstruction:

If you’re a unilateral and have only one TE,
    the key is symmetry.

• Please provide details about your native breast, and this includes whether
      it is droopy, what size it is, or whether you will be having a reduction or a
      lift or augmenting that breast for symmetry

• If you would like to send a picture of the native breast, please PM AZ85048 for whippetmom’s email address

____________________________________________________________________________________

Once you’ve gathered all of your information,
    copy the area between the lines into a PM (private message) to whippetmom, fill in your personal information, and send it.  Whippetmom
    will respond when she’s able.  Without
    the above listed information, she cannot provide you with an intelligent
    recommendation.  If you need her help,
    help her by gathering the information in advance.  Thanks for understanding!

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Sending you lots of love,  Deborah, and healing prayers. 

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

AZ - great summary and instructions! ThumbsUp

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,315

AZ - thanks for coordinating.  Great summary & instructions.  I'm happy to join the disciples too.

Deborah - thinking of you & sending prayers.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864

AZ, you ROCK!!

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

Thank you everyone.  Surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday.  Two or three nights in the hospital. I will take my iPad and hopefully be up to posting on Wednesday.  My hands are so much better...I am typing with both hands!  But I have to protect them, as I cannot take any anti-inflammatories before surgery.  Bless you all! 

• vfay49
    vfay49 Member Posts: 51

Deborah, My thoughts and prayers will be with you for a successful surgery and recovery next week.  

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669

It's your turn to have us all in YOUR pocket during surgery Deborah!  My prayer for you is a successful, complication-free surgery, good lab results and as pain-free and uneventful a recovery as is possible.  God bless you sweetheart.

• tinat
    tinat Member Posts: 2,235

Deborah,

Here's to a boring, uneventful surgery and a quick recovery.  We're all sending good vibes your way!!!

• FLgrl32
    FLgrl32 Member Posts: 11

Deborah,

Praying for you and know that all will go well.  You have such a positive attitude and spirit.  Get well soon and rest girl rest!

Flgrl

• Chrisrenee77
    Chrisrenee77 Member Posts: 693

best of luck Deborah! We will all be with you and praying for a speedy recovery!   

• AZ85048

Oh, whippetmom, I wish you didn't have to go through this at all, but sooner is better than later - and Tuesday is right around the corner!  Thankfully, things have been slow here on your thread, and with Easter weekend coming up, that trend is likely to continue. 

I'm so glad your hands are feeling better, but that's no reason to overdo things.  Winking  The girls all know what information is needed from anyone seeking help, so leave this to us and you concentrate on you for now. 

I hope you have BIG pockets because we'll all be with you on Tuesday!  Sending you a hug and a prayer...

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619

Deborah

Wishing you a very easy surgery with a quick recovery.  We're all there with you!  Please take it easy and rest up!!!

Babs