Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

BREAST IMPLANT SIZING 101

Comments

• MrsB88
    MrsB88 Member Posts: 77

Dear Deborah, I am so sorry to hear that Kip's health has declined so rapidly. From all you describe, he has had a great life with you & your commitment to not allow him to suffer further shows how much you love him. Sending prayers of support.

Nancy

• kae_md99
    kae_md99 Member Posts: 394

whippetmom,

i have gummies, 415 cc.. very heavy. way bigger than i was. is it possible to reduce without compromising nipples?thanks!

• Rascalsmom
    Rascalsmom Member Posts: 15

I currently have TE Sientra AlloX2 FH13SE 360-430 cc. I am 5"3" and weigh 132 lbs. I'm 65 and just trying to figure out what size implants I'll have. My PS suggests Sientra round smooth silicone. I have 250 cc now and go tomorrow for another fill. I was a 36B bra before DMX. Measurement around my rib cage is 33". I am hoping to be a little larger and perkier for these next 40 years. Lol.

• Imkopy2
    Imkopy2 Member Posts: 214

Deborah my heart goes out to you and your family. Sending prayers of light and strength

Michelle

• star2017
    star2017 Member Posts: 370

Whippetmom/Deborah,

I'm so sorry to hear your baby has been unwell. Wishing him and the family peace.

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

brcatutu

He sounds like he knows what he is doing. Correcting the mastectomy defect that sometimes renders the chest wall concavity does require a larger implant. Trust his judgement

• whippetmom

Rascalsmom:

I think smooth round silicone around 500 ccs to 550 ccs would be a good option

• whippetmom

kae:

It is possible, but you need to keep the same width (or close to it) which generally will mean a lower profile implant

• whippetmom

Veggal:

That is exactly what I tell dog owners who are at the brink of losing a pet. I am so worried about one moment of suffering, I sort of go the opposite direction. I was ready to call for in home euthanasia today and my husband came home to Kip jumping all over him and carrying my husbands shoe around the house. He said “I can’t put him down when he doing this” So I have lost all objectivity. 🙄 Tomorrow we see acardiologist. This should give us some answers.

• Ayuen
    Ayuen Member Posts: 1

Hi Whippetmom,

I was just wondering if you would be able to recommend me some implants so I can go into my meeting with plastics armed with a little information.

I'm 5'7", 143lbs, with an under bust measurement of 31" and bust measurement is 36.5" (32E in UK sizing / 32 DDD US according to the "a bra that fits" reddit calculator) with minimal ptosis

I've not yet had any expanders placed, but the oncosurgeons have said I'm a good candidate for a nipple sparing mastectomy. I've also been told to "think of what size I want to be" as that will influence what size expander is put in. I would like to be the same size if not slightly bigger after this is all said and done.

I believe most of the surgeons around me use Mentor implants, and expanders but Air Expanders can be sourced though some PS too.

Thanks,

Ayu

• Itiswell1976
    Itiswell1976 Member Posts: 2

Hello, Whippetmom!

My appointment is this week to discuss sizing for my exchange in July.

I am 6'0", weigh 150lbs so am on the slender/lanky side. Under bust measurement is 31".

Pre-BMX my typical bra size was a 36-DD.

I currently have Allergan/max fill volume of 800. I am now filled to the 450cc point and do not want to go larger. I will be getting Natrelle Inspira implants.

Do you feel that a 350 CC implant is sufficient- maybe a full B or small C?

Thank you in advance :)

Shannon

• SLL101984
    SLL101984 Member Posts: 162

For those of you with round silicone implants after MX do most of you have high profile? That’s what my dr suggested but I’m worried they’ll look extremely fake, but at the same time do they usually use high profile because we don’t have any breast tissu to help fill things out? Thanks kadies

• star2017

mine are high profile. I don’t think it looks fake. But they look different from my real boobs

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,305

SLL1019684 - if you'll read the header of this thread and provide the information about your specs, Whippetmom will be able to make a recommend based on your individual body.

• SLL101984
    SLL101984 Member Posts: 162

Hi whippetmom, looking for your advise. I am 5’3”, 150lbs, and my ribcage measures 32”. My plastic surgeon uses mentor silicone implants and I currently wear a 36b bra. I am hoping to go right to implants if blood flow is good as I am not looking to go any larger and I am fine with ending up slightly smaller off this means one surgery. Just wondering what to size implant you would recommend? Thank you

• whippetmom

Ayuen: I would think you would want to be in the 700 cc or 750 cc range - with extra full projection style smooth round silicone implants. That said, the caveat is that with a nipple sparing mastectomy, the placement of the NACon the mound might be the guiding factor for both size and volume.

• whippetmom

Itiswell1976:

I need you to confirm the style and volume of your TEs. 800 ccs sounds very large for your frame. Large and wide. If you do indeed have what would be the Allergan FX or SX - 800 ccs - the base width is at least 15.0 cm. A 350 cc implant would be far too small and too narrow. Please verify this information for me.

• whippetmom

SLL101984

I would think that a minimum of 500 ccs in a smooth round high profile Mentor would be a good start. It depends on how much of a skin envelope is available of course, after surgery. But with a direct, your PS will take in several sizes to see what looks best.
  • Rascalsmom
    Rascalsmom Member Posts: 15

I just had my final fill in the expanders or turtle shells. I'm at 450 cc. PS is planning on 440 cc round smooth high projection silicone (gummies). She will have 470 cc and 415 cc on standby to be sure it looks right. I feel some tightness after this fill of 100 cc but no discomfort.

• star2017

rascalsmom, my te was filled with 350 and my implant is 440. I thought the implant is bigger than the fill, but maybe that was something specific to my case/type

• egl1381
    egl1381 Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I am hoping you can provide extra guidance for implant size as my surgery is just a few weeks away and choosing what the implant size has been a confusing process. The plan is to have a nipple sparing prophylactic mastectomy with DTI reconstruction. My plastic surgeon recommended teardrop shaped texture gummy bear implant. (I think Allergen Natrelle?)

I'm 5'7", 143lbs (athletic), with an under bust measurement of 31-32". After kids and breastfeeding, I've lost a lot of natural volume/size so I am probably a small B now. Its hard for me to remember what my "natural" size is or size I used to be pre-kids! I'd like to go a little larger to bring me back to my pre kids size - maybe a C? I think surgeon plans on bringing implants ranging from 300-500. Does that seem appropriate? What should my goal be? (depending on skin health of course)

Thank you!

• Gemini_girl
    Gemini_girl Member Posts: 26

I will keep you in my prayers Deborah. I know how much our furry friends mean to our heart and lives.

God bless you,

Joan

• whippetmom

Thank you everyone for your reassuring words and prayers. We had to let Kip go on to heaven last week. I did not want him to suffer and when I could see that he would soon be in distress, I immediately called the vet to come to our home to let him go peacefully in his favorite spot in the living room. When he passed, I wrapped him in a blanket and carried him out to the vet's car. We will get his ashes soon. It was the most important decision we will make as pet owners. We are all grieving but I know I will see those baby seal eyes once again when I leave this old earth.

• Gemini_girl

I’m sorry for my delayed response. I can’t get my implants until after radiation, which will start on June 4 and end July 9. My PS (who I haven’t been happy with) told me that the TEs shift like that in small framed women. I don’t know if I can deal with my TEs moving under my arms, especially the right side that already had the hotdog”. It’s driving me crazy! And the PS, breast surgeon and PTs have all said that the hotdog is not cording because it is horizontal under my arm, not vertical. I think the PS messed up the surgery and also paid no attention to what size I wanted to be when I was done.

Is it feasible to get a second opinion at this point in the process? If so, do you know any reputable ones in the DE area?

Many thanks,

Joan

• Gemini_girl

Deborah,

I just saw your post. I am so sorry. You are right about him being in heaven and pray that you find peace in that. You’re in my prayers

• whippetmom

Gemini girl:

Thank you......

And no it is never too late for a second opinion and I urge you to do so! Let me see who I can find for you.

• coachvicky
    coachvicky Member Posts: 984

Deborah,

My deepest sympathy on the lost of your beloved Kip. I believe the greatest act of true love is knowing when to let go ... and I know that is so very hard to do. I also believe your Kip is at peace. He will be waiting for you!

God Bless,

Vicky

• whippetmom

Vicky: Heart

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,305

Deborah - sorry to hear about Kip but glad it was peaceful. Thanks for posting the picture. I'm going to share with my SIL.

• whippetmom

Thank you MT