Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited July 2013

Dear Jeannie, rest and sleep will heal you in no time!! I am so glad the surgery is over and that your reconstruction was successful!! I definitely need a flatter tummy, he,he!!!

Dear Rocket, I am definitely following your advice on applying gratitude daily! Thank you so much!!! Prayer, faith,gratitude and Trusting our Lord brings us joy and happiness!!! I hope your headache heals quickly!!

Dear Patoo!! I am sure you had a wonderful time in DC!! How fun that you can connect with friends on the exercise thread!! I did have lunch with a few of the ladies on the board a year ago!!

Hugs and Blessings to all!!!

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited July 2013

Jeannie,  I was so excited seeing your post!  I didn't expect to see one this week! Sounds like a good report you got from the nurses!  Be sure and take it easy as you begin to heal!

Cmbernardi,  I had to take benedryl to sleep when I was on chemo.  The sleeping pills they gave me didn't help at all but benedryl did!  You take it easy too as you are healing!

Rocket,  I am glad you are feeling better.  I hope your daughter will have answers soon.  For some reason, I too have been feeling down.  I didn't realize it until my sons asked me if anything was bothering me and I said no, not really.  They said they felt like something was.  I then began to realize all that I had on my mind and how I wasn't trusting God with some things.  It's scary how deceitful our hearts can be because I really felt like I wasn't worried about things and before it was over I had a list! Obedience and gratitude leaves little room if any for worry for sure. Thanks for that reminder to be thankful!

Patoo or Jo5,  What is it about you two being twins?  I have meant to ask and always forget unless of course I have asked and forgot!

Bestock, You have a granddaughter right?  Does she live close to you?  I will continue to pray for them.  Hope you are doing well.

Kindergarten, How are things going with your son's work?  Any new leads or prospects?

Love you all and hope you rest well tonight!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited July 2013

fondak, don't you see the resembance in our avatars?  Me with my face in the muddy water and JO-5 as Raggady Ann!  lol.  JO-5 probably has a better memory than I but I think that when we first met on the boards our thinking processes and lifestyles matched so perfectly that we just knew we had to be twins. 

Prayers going up as I type.  Everyone have a blessed evening.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited July 2013

Good morning! I am happy to be writing this from HOME! I came home yesterday afternoon. It was a little rough...I threw up once and I am coughing which is so painful. I still have junk in my lungs but they're saying it is not pneumonia. I have to take frequent short walks, take a lot of deep breaths and breathe into this little contraption a lot. I need to surrender my fear of pneumonia to the Lord. On my last post, I added a lot of emojis at the end which were meaningless. I have said and done some weird things since surgery. For example, while I was in ICU, I waved my arms around and said "can't Eastlake (church) use some of this equipment?" Silly.

God bless you!

Jeannie

• Granna1948
    Granna1948 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013

Congrats on being home. That's wonderful!

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dear Jeannie!!! So glad you are home!! There is nothing like your own bed and familiar surroundings that help you to heal faster!! Please, don't fret about things that are said after surgery!! The anesthetics and pain meds can make us a little crazy!!! I know that for a fact, according to family and friends I said some crazy things!!! Please rest and know that you are covered in prayer!!!!

Jo -5, thank you as always for your wonderful and inspirational song verses that you share! I am lifted up every time!

My husband and I are attending my sister in law's memorial service this weekend! She was divorced from my brother many years ago! They have a beautiful daughter who is my niece! My niece is just wonderful!! Tragically, we are being told that her autopsy shows foul play!! Her boyfriend has been charged with her first degree murder!! So sad!!! Please pray for my niece and her husband for strength and peace.

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2013

Oh, Kindergarten, how tragic! I will be praying for your niece and her husband. I'm glad the police have someone to hold responsible for it.

I can't imagine what your niece is experiencing. I'm glad you are there for her.

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2013

Janine - I know what you are going through. People don't realize how much work it is to breathe until you can't do it. It will get better. I had major lung surgery and it was a long journey back, but in time I was back to my old self. Although I still shudder hearing the words "rib spreaders" on M*A*S*H. :-)

Blessings

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dearest Fondak, thank you for sling about my son! His business is picking up somewhat! He I an extremely hard worker, soI know Our Lord will take care of his needs!! When you have a passion for something, God will provide the financial rewards!!!! He loves what he does, training and coaching baseball players!! I hope you are feeling better and know you are covered in prayer !! God Bless You!!

Yes, Patoo and Jo-5, you are twins in faith!!! God Bless you Both!! N

• patoo
    edited July 2013

I do feel very close to JO-5; if we are not blood-twins we are definitely sisters-in-Christ.  JO-5 is just an amazing woman and I am inspired by and have learned lots from her. 

Jeannie, glad you are home and praying for quick healing for you.  Kindergarten, that is so sad about your niece's mom.  So much evil in the world but our God will not be mocked.  How people manage without a faith in our Lord continues to elude me but God has the answer and knows.  So continue to live in Him, my friends.

Mini1, Granna1948, fondak, Rocket, cmbernardi, peace777, bestock - calling down blessings for each of you. 

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Thank you, Patoo!! Our strong faith is carrying us all!! We know that Marilyn is now in the arms of Jesus!!! May you all have a very blessed day. Kathy

• candi07
    candi07 Member Posts: 77
    edited July 2013

Prayer request...I go for my lumpectomy post op and meet with the MO tomorrow to talk about therapy. I also just discovered a pebble sized lump in the same breast I just had a lumptectomy on. Lord help me Jesus!

• Granna1948
    Granna1948 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013

We will lift you up in prayer! Hang on tight to Jesus' hand!

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dear Candi07!! I am lifting you up in prayer right now!!! Try not to worry, Jesus has got this!! Blessings, Kathy

• patoo
    edited July 2013

Lord, lifting Candi07 up before you.  Please let her feel your presence as she travels this road.  We know that you are there with us each step of the way and your love is never-ending.  In the precious name of Jesus, Amen.

• fondak
    edited July 2013

Candi07, I know how scary that can be.  My first mammogram after my diagnosis revealed 3 places that were not there before but fortunately all 3 were benign. 

Kindergarten,  I am so sorry to hear all that is going on with your neice.  That really compounds things when you add the element of foul play.  I pray that God will give them strength and peace.  It seems to be more and more common to hear of these things.  My sons always remind me this is what Romans 1 warns us about and we are now living it as a society.  My heart breaks for her.

Patoo and Jo, Looking at it now I do see the resemblence in the avatars! I also now know that an avatar is more than just a movie!

Jeannie,  So glad you are home!  What was the total number of days you spent in the hospital?  Is ICU an automatic thing with the surgery?  I will be praying that pneumonia doesn't set in.

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited July 2013

Jeannie, so happy to hear that you are home and on the mend. I pray the Lord will protect you from pneumonia. I said and did a lot of silly things after getting anesthesia too, like bear hugging my nurse from my recovery bed and not letting go. She had to finish her paperwork from my bed! She remembered me when I had my next surgery. Talk about embarrassing!

Kathy, I am so sorry about Marilyn. How tragic! I will pray for the family that they can recover from such difficult circumstances. It's hard enough to lose someone, but when it is because of evil it has to be that much harder.

Candie07, try not to panic. I know it's easier said than done. I will be praying for benign results of this new lump. Jesus is right there with you, and we are here too.

Hey, Patoo, Bestock, Mini, Jo, Peace, FridayGirl, Cmbernardi, and Fondak (hope I didn't miss anyone). My DH and I are on the road for a mini vacation in the Asheville mountains of NC. We are going to tour the Biltmore Estate today and just relax and enjoy ourselves. We really need it. Our daughter is feeling a little better. She continues to see the urologist and neurologist to help her determine what's going on. Thank you for praying for her and for us. I am feeling better too. I so appreciate all of you. I continue to pray for your needs. Loving you....

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dear Fondak and Rocket! Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers! I t still seems so unreal and we are relying on our faith and each other to help us get through this tragedy! Unfortunately, this ordeal will last for a long time as we deal with the trial of this evil man!! We will get through this, as Our Lord guides us every step of the way!!

I feel so blessed that I can come here for prayer, peace, strength and comfort!! Please know I appreciate each and every one of you! I continue to pray for all your concerns and needs as well!!

Rocket, may you and your husband enjoy your much needed time away!! May your daughter feel better each day!! Jeannie, please rest and heal!! Candie07, please know that you are covered in prayer. God Bless You All!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2013

Please pray for me, friends. I was hospitalized for several hours last night with constipation. I'm home and quite the wreck.

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dear Jeannie! I am so sorry to hear about your constipation!! Did they send you home with meds? I am praying for you! You dear lady, hugs are coming your way as well!

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2013

Thanks, Kathy.

Fondak, DIEP gals go to ICU to have the flaps constantly monitored for problems. They use a Doppler on them so you get to hear the whoosh-whoosh-whoosh. It's nice having warm boobs.

• patoo
    edited July 2013

Jeannie57, lifting you up in prayer even as I type.  Knowing that the Lord is right there with you should be comforting.

Hi everyone, praying you are all holding tightly to the promises.  He will not forsake you.

Blessings.

• fondak
    edited July 2013

Rocket, Glad to hear about your little get away!  Praying for a wonder time for you two!

Jeannie,  I am so sorry to hear that.  I think you've probably heard me before as I was saying that was my most horrible side effect from chemo.  Before that I would have never understood being hospitalized for constipation if I heard it but I there were times if I could have got to the car to go I would have went myself.   I will be praying for you about this and your strength here in a minute.  Hope you rest well tonight!

Kindergarten,  I can't imagine all the emotions that you and your family will be going through in the days, weeks and even months to come.  I pray that others looking on will see God at work in your life and your family's.  Does your neice have a relationship with God?  I will be praying that beautiful unexpected things will come from this tragedy as only God can make happen.

Goodnight everyone.  I pray you all rest well and wake up thankful for another day! I love you all!

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dear Fondak, thank you as always for your kind words and encouragement!!! I am not sure of how strong my niece's faith is!! She is extremely angry and sad!! She and her mother had not talked for almost a year because this disturbed and evil man encouraged her mother to cut off all ties with family!! As her extended family, we are trying the best we can to give her all the support, prayer and encouragement that we can offer!! We are all going to be together today!! Karen, my niece has a wonderful husband who is always by her side!! God Bless you, Kathy

• fondak
    edited July 2013

Hi Kathy,  That is so sad.  Isolating seems to be a typical pattern of abusers.  I am praying for all of you.  I am thankful she has you for an aunt to encourage her in the Lord.  That's the only encouragement of any value.  I will be praying for you as her aunt and as someone who I am sure at times will need your own personal encouragement from our Father in the days to come.

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2013

Candi07- prayers going out for peace, wisdom and a benign tumor test result.

Blessings

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Thank you, Fondak!!! May everyone here have a Blessed Sunday !!

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2013

Please pray for me. I am in emergency again for possible pulmonary embolism. Thanks.

• FridayGirl
    FridayGirl Member Posts: 137
    edited July 2013

Jeannie, just logged in and saw your request for prayer.  I am praying for you, remember that the Lord is closer to you right now than anyone else in the world, he will pull you through.

• peace777
    peace777 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2013

Same here Jeannie, praying for you now to our Great Healer!