Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,876
    edited October 2014

Lucy, I am sitting here crying. Your post was so moving. I hope the pastor sees his email in plenty of time.

Thanks.

Love you,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Becky, I am glad you put your picture back. Yes, life goes on and we must cherish every single day that we are granted. Thanks.

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited October 2014

I felt better today. I know my sadness was human selfishness and that God knew exactly when it was time for our Sue to go home. I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with her friends, neighbors, church associates and most especially to her brother and mother. I pray God gives you strength as you go through the loss of a sister, daughter and friend. Our loss is Heaven's gain. I know Sue will be there cheering us on. I know that she would remind us of 1 Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Sue always had hope because she knew that even in death she would gain. I will miss you Sue...thank you for your friendship this past year.

Char

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited October 2014

Hi, Everyone. I have not posted here for such a long time, but I just saw that Dear Sue has passed away. She was such a positive and Godly Woman, so supportive and encouraging to everyone here. She is now our Sweet angel looking down at us and keeping a close eye on all of us.

You are all such faithful and wonderful servants! You all helped her as well😊 May Sue now be resting at Jesus' feet !! God Bless You All!

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

THIS IS AN EMAIL THAT SUE'S PASTOR JUST SENT ME

Nancy....and all of the sisters who stood with Sue.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and kind words. I will be
    sharing each of them this evening. Nancy, I am so glad you found me...and that
    we were able to know Sue's circle was much wider than any of us ever knew, but
    it doesn't surprise me at all.

I knew two weeks before Sue died, that she had resigned herself to the
    reality that death was imminent. When you live alone, you have to draw upon so
    much inner strength...and Sue broke down...and admitted her time was near. Sue
    did in fact "fight the good fight, and now rests in the everlasting loving arms
    of God." 

Thanks again, especially to Nancy for initiating the search. I picked up
    sues mother, Bert, her brother Bob and wife at the airport this morning. I am
    sure they will find comfort in knowing you all were there for Sue as she was
    supporting each of you. It is a testimony to the power of community and loving
    relationships.

Blessings....

Pastor Steve 

I also want to share that her pastor was with her through this. His mother died of cancer and I think he had a soft spot in his heart for Sue with not having family close and  knowing what she was dealing with. He said that in her last breath she said the 23rd Psalm and they prayed together and she then went home with the Lord.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to the lovely lady that spent so much time searching for Sue and her family when we didn't even know it. I think of her as our special angel that the Lord sent us. I mean, what are the odds that this would happen unless there was divine intervention. I hope that she will have the courage to post on our thread so we can thank her. I will not reveal her name because that is up to her to do that.

I am doing some searching right now and will post some links regarding Sue's service.

God bless everyone.

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

MUSIC FOR SUE'S SERVICE TONIGHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bryEXPELAyg       Hear I am Lord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYjqnlc7MRw        Sheep May Safely Graze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrLafWZxczI          On Eagles Wings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nJ6wQpLmuo       It Is Well With My Soul

Sue, we love you and rejoice that you are in the presence of the Lord now.

We all love you very much.

I apologize for the ads prior to the videos. Just click skip ad.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

IN MEMORY OF REV. SUSAN JANE HAHN

July 27, 1954 to September 22, 2014

We love you Sue.

• Deborahanne
    Deborahanne Member Posts: 150
    edited October 2014

Becky, I'm glad you posted the picture. What a sweet picture of you and your granddaughter. 

Jean and Lucy, I'm praying for you both as you've had your infusions today. 

Nancy, thank you again for all you've done to connect us with Sue's pastor.  

All praise to God for working out a way that we could find out about the last days of Sue's life on earth. I am so comforted knowing these details. This has all been so amazing - a great blessing from God! I'm sure God will use the sweet words of many of you to comfort and encourage others now and in the future!

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited October 2014

Wow...I am so humbled by all of this. I am also very proud to be a part of it and I am so proud to be a part not this message board. Nancy you are so right, this was totally Devine intervention and God answering our prayers. What a gift and blessing we have all been a part of. I am in awe of how God works in our lives. He so loves His daughter warriors and this was all a very sweet kiss from Him to all of us. 

I love those songs and the words her pastor has shared with us. It makes me smile that she was not alone. 

Thank you Nancy from the bottom of my heart. Love you sister!

Lucy

• Deborahanne
    Deborahanne Member Posts: 150
    edited October 2014

Sue is so beautiful!!! Just brings tears to my eyes! 

Nancy, thank you again for all you've done. You have continued to also be in my prayers. I hope and pray you feeling better now that you are taking the Arimidex in the evening. Also, I've been meaning to tell you that I retired from nursing 16 years ago, but I still stay active to some extent with my knowledge. Since being diagnosed with cancer, my knowledge has been brought up to date and expanded in many ways. I work part time at a public library as the preservationist and book discussion facilitator. It's an easy fun job with flexible hours. I was given the job many years ago after asking to volunteer. 

• gardengal777
    edited October 2014

Becky: Thank you for sharing the adorable photo. I am glad you did because we need happy moments to enjoy. I know Sue would want that too.

Thank you to everyone who posted words from the heart.

Nancy, Deborahanne, Lucy, Angie and Mini: Your words were so touching.

Kathy: so good to hear from you again. It is nice that you shared. I remember how you and Granna and Jo were all here when I first came on the thread.

Nancy: Thank you for sharing the message from Sue's pastor. I feel comforted knowing more about her final days and the fact that he was there with her. Oh how beautiful she is. I am so glad we got to see her photo. I agree that God gave us an answer to our prayers. Thank you sweet person for being our messenger from God. 

Hugs to all of you!

• gardengal777
    edited October 2014

Oh...I did want to add that some of the gals from the other threads that Sue was on messaged me and said they appreciated knowing about Sue and that she would be missed.

I am off to bed...suffering from a sinus headache most of the day so a few extra hours of sleep may be helpful.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Good bye dear one.

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited October 2014

it's so awesome to put a face to the person I learned to love and respect. Thanks again Nancy. 

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2014

Chemo is done with no problems.  Thanks for the prayers.  I spoke to my surgeon today and there is a possibility may need more surgery to remove all the lymph nodes after the taxol is done. Prayers about this please.  Thanks.  My condolences to all who are suffering the loss of Sue today.  May God comfort you.  Love, Jean 

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your heartfelt posts for Sue. I feel very proud of all of you. I think we honored her and hopefully gave comfort to her family and friends tonight. I feel it an honor and a privilege to help out. I appreciate all of your comments to me. That means a lot.  

If you did not have a chance to post and still want to I can still add your post to the others that I will print and send to Sue's mom. I want to take time to do it right and want to put in in a format that will look nice and not disjointed like the posts I sent to the pastor under a time constraint.

Jean I am glad your chemo is done. I am sorry to hear that you may have to have another surgery. I know you have been through a lot in the past and having to deal with cancer a second time around is a pretty hard thing to do. We will pray you through if it comes to the need for another surgery.

Good night to everyone. Rest well.

Love you all,

Nancy

• gardengal777
    edited October 2014

Jean: So glad your round went well and praying you will not feel so bad this time. We will keep you in prayer about the possible surgery too. Keep your chin up and hang In there. God has it all covered.

Lucy: Hope you are feeling better, head cold wise and your infusion went fine yesterday.

Bev: Hope you got your vet trip and food pantry work in with not a lot of rush hour traffic. You are so wonderful for fostering. I wish more people would do what you do.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Day #19 (skipping yesterday) of the 50 DAYS OF GRATITUDE

Good morning ladies,

I am so grateful for Pastor Steve who was so gracious to share with us and include us in the events of yesterday for Sue's Celebration of Life Service. My heart goes out to the thousands of people who have lost loved ones and never knew what happened to them. We got to experience a glimpse of that and realize how God in his absolutely miraculous intervention helped to bring closure for us. So much of the world thinks Christianity is boring. It is the most exciting ride I have ever been on watching how God works in our lives. He is an amazing God and today I am most thankful for that.

Char and Lucy I hope you are both feeling much better.

All the ladies who are in chemo I am praying for no bothersome side effects.

Bev, Where are you now in your treatments. I am thinking you are about done!

Mags, I hope we hear from you soon. I am concerned for you.

I have to drop my glasses off early this morning and will get my new glasses later today. They called me yesterday to drop my glasses off and I said NO. I needed my glasses for last night.

Praying for all of you.

Love you all,

Nancy 

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2014

Grateful for yesterday's A/C chemo going smoothly and for hubby, sister and brother in law.  They were so patient and supportive while waiting.  I am also grateful for all of you.   I am confident that God will give me wisdom as to whether to have axillary lymph node surgery.  That decision will be made in 3 months so plenty of time to cover it in prayer.  Seems that perjeta is so new the jury is still out on reoccurance rates.  Love, Jean 

• bestock
    bestock Member Posts: 186
    edited October 2014

Oh thanks Nancy  for the pix of Sue, lovely Sister..... she is whole and free, it makes me glad for her but so sad she had to leave us.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited October 2014

Nancy, thank you so much in your efforts and God order steps to keep up us updated and collecting our post for the service and family.   

I loved the songs that were posted I listened to each one and what a blessing they were.

Sue is so beautiful such striking eyes. I am so glad and praising the Lord on how he allowed closure to be brought to his children on this thread.

My update:  I go into my last round of AC tomorrow and start 12 weeks of Taxol on 10/29 if all goes well. My body is adjusting to the blood thinning medication it is adding another level of fatigue that I need to adjust my sails to handle in my temporary "normal" state.  I ask for prayer that there are no side effects with the addition of Coumadin to my regimen and that the treatment will desolve the blood clot as soon as possible :-).  

Jean, pray coverage for your chemo side affects and will keep you in prayer about the possible surgery too. God has it.

Lucy, how are you feeling?  

Char, thanks for taking the message about Sue to the othre threads.  She was loved.

All, praying for your request and each of you individual as always,

Onward Christian Soldiers,

Angie

• gardengal777
    edited October 2014

Angie: I assume they told you to watch eating certain foods while on Coumadin or at least establishing them in regularity so that your Coumadin levels can be maintained while eating them. You also should watch have Pom juice and some herbs. I find it to be like a diabetic in some ways but not as severe. Lettuce and cabbage and cauliflower are big ones. I tell my dad he can have them but must make sure he eats ithem regularly and not in spurts or he will alter his levels. So have your salads but do it consistently. Watch for bruising and bleeding signs. If you are too thin and get a cut it will take a lot to stop it. They can be real buggers. make sure you follow your blood level checks too. Sorry..not meaning to play mom role. Just trying to share info.Will be keeping you in prayer too.

• bestock
    bestock Member Posts: 186
    edited October 2014

welcome ladyb1234 angie. 

I am from the east bay area CA............ now live in different state. I appreciate you posts. I also did the combo of drugs Adriamycin, Cytoxan, Taxol you are on but did eprirubican instead of "A" no taxol had too much of that with ovarian cancer 11 yrs ago..get severe neuropathy.

they are alike( was doing well for months, now tumor markers up) so I had a scan today will get results friday. 

best to you,

Becky

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited October 2014

Dear sisters, please forgive my absence. Since last week, I have been having shortness of breath and even worse fatigue. I didn't want to make a fuss since my family was so busy, but this morning, as it was so much worse, I called the MO and told him what was going on. He sent me to the ER. After 6-1/2 hours, 2 blown veins, 2 port accesses, X-ray, and CT, the diagnosis is pneumonia. I got a bag of antib and a rx for home. I'm home now, resting.

I have tried to keep up, I felt badly that I had no personal remembrance of Sue to contribute, but I knew her only briefly before she went missing, so my memory is mostly of praying for her. I am continuing to pray for her family and loved ones, as well as for each of you. 

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Thank you Angie. I will pray that your combo of everything will not cause problems. Yeah for only one more round of AC. I don't understand all the chemo treatments but is the next round a little easier on the body. I hope so. I hope your fatigue improves.

Deborah, I am glad your part time job is fun for you. I have been on my night schedule of Anastrozole for five nights. If I can manage a whole week without the Big D that will be huge. I can't say I am completely symptom free but I am definitely improving. I have this almost constant nagging pain which I realized recently is a strained hip flexor. It is a bear to get rid of. I used to see a muscle therapist and chiropractor for years and years but unfortunately my insurance which is through the state is 14 months behind in paying the medical bills so basically I had to stop all of those treatments.  Thank you for asking. I looked up your videos and they were very good. Thanks for sharing. There is no sting in death for believers in Jesus.

Char, I thanked you for sharing on the other thread about Sue but that was the PM that didn't go through. Thank you for doing that. I may look it up and post her picture. I would like for others to see how beautiful she was inside and out. Besides Sue's beautiful eyes I couldn't help but see how beautifully white her teeth were and to recall not that long ago that she was so down about how much all of her dental work was going to cost. The Lord solved that problem in an instant. Are you feeling better today? I hope so. Have been praying for you.

Bev, how are you doing? Praying for your car situation and hope that gets resolved. I know those things take time.

Mags, Still waiting to hear from you. I hope you are okay. Praying for you too.

Becky, Yes Sue was beautiful. I had so much trouble getting that picture over to here but finally God allowed me to try one more thing and it worked. PTL

Lucy, How are you doing today after your long infusion day? I wanted you and everyone to know that Pastor Steve said that Sue declined rapidly in those ten days prior to her passing. She was aware that her family was there. So I am sure that she was not able to let us know anything.  Her brother Bob spoke at her service. It was going to be too difficult to get all of the bulletin on this thread so I left that out.

Praying for all of you today. I hope it was a good day for you.

Love you all,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Mags, we must have posted at the same time. I just now see your post on top of mine. I am so sorry to hear you have pneumonia. I was worried and I just felt like something was up. I wonder if that is why you felt so weak before. I sure will be praying for you to improve quickly. Don't feel like you have to post for Sue. I just don't want anyone left out that maybe has not been around for a few days or just hasn't had time to post. I sure will be praying for you even more.

Becky, I am praying that your scan results will be good. I know that waiting is the worst part of all of this. Hang in there.

Love,

Nancy

• gardengal777
    edited October 2014

Dear Sister of Faith,

While I know our Sue is ever fresh on our hearts, I have a fervent prayer request for a person that has not been on here for a few months. This week I had a strange tugging and could not put my finger on it and as I was praying for all of you a name came to my mouth. And so I remembered that she shared her blog with us. It was Kate and her blog is katebeatingcancer.blogspot.org.

I went there today to find her most current post as of Oct. 2nd. Apparently she just lost someone close to her. Anyway, she was having some issues and went in to have a CT. They found that her lymph tumors are growing and she now has tumors in her liver. Her scans were good from the last time she posted here to mid Sept. But apparently her trial drug stopped working. Her doctor shared a plan and how it looks for her time wise. She has an agressive cancer that not many doctors have seen. They are starting her on a new chemo, ironically called the Red Devil because of its color and what it does to a person. You can read her post. Please pray for Kate for she needs our prayers.

Love,

Char

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Char, What is Kate's username on bco. I don't know if I know who it is but the website sounds vaguely familiar. I am sorry to hear about her situation. I will certainly pray for her.

• saltyjack
    saltyjack Member Posts: 326
    edited October 2014

Wow, Char - I'm so glad you thought of Kate....I'm pretty sure her name on BCO was Katew, wasn't it? I read her blog....how sad and scary for her and her family. I think she has 4 little children. We sure need to be praying for her.

Mags, Angie, Lucy and Jean - praying for you with chemo. I had a pretty easy time of it but no matter how minor the SE are, it's so strange to have all these weird things happening to the body that used to be so predictable, isn't it? Everything from a constantly running nose to no hair to shooting tingles....and those are the minor little annoyances, not the big ones!  I'll sure be praying for you, sweet ladies.

Nancy, thanks again so much for all your efforts in finding Sue and letting her pastor and family know how many lives she's touched (and so nice to finally see her face!). Hope you get your meds all balanced and you're feeling better for good really soon. 

Becky, praying for you this week while you wait for the scan results.

Char, keep running.  We need you to be our inspiration and motivation!

God bless you, ladies!

Bev

• ADJ
    ADJ Member Posts: 203
    edited October 2014

Mags,

Do you have home heLth of any type? I would want you up and moving, making yourself cough. The ones of us who just cuddle up for comfort just die. Please get up every hour for a bit,

Love across the miles, 

Anita