Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,876
    edited October 2014

Good morning ladies. I got up very early this morning after getting some shots of the moon last night and early this morning. God's creation is amazing.

This was me practicing last night.

This was early this morning. The blood moon with a total lunar eclipse. My first attempt at this. Very difficult.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Thanks Bev. I am feeling better. I am praying that everyone has a great day today.

Love you all,

Nancy

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited October 2014

Anita, thanks for your concern. My cousin who lives with us is a skilled caregiver, and such a huge help. I do get up frequently but at this point even walking a few steps and it takes ten minutes to catch my breath. But I will keep that in mind. My mom had pneumonia frequently but this is only my second bout, last time was nearly 40 years ago. ER doc prescribed an inhaler so hopefully between that and the Zithromax I'll be shipshape in no time. 

I was awake at 4 again, that is always a good time for me to pray for all of you. I hope you all have a blessed day.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2014

I have been a bit bummed about possibly needing more surgery after the chemo.  Since it is more than 3 months away I am trying to focus on getting through the chemo.  I was reading Isaiah 43 this morning and I began to realize that the second coming is getting closer.  The Ebola and other new diseases, beheadings, natural disasters, kidnappings, sex trafficking, war, and so many other signs.  The church in our nation is still basking in our comfortable lives for the most part.  God in His mercy is waking us up gently.  Amazing grace.  Love, Jean 

• ADJ
    ADJ Member Posts: 203
    edited October 2014

thank you, Mags

Anita

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited October 2014

Mags: Sorry to hear about the pneumonia. As you know not pleasant. I have had it when healthy and it kicked the snuff out of me. I could barely walk without exhaustion. That was a good while ago. You are in my prayers.

Jean: Sorry to hear that you are dealing with the mental issues of surgery. It is not an easy decision. Will pray that God will direct you. And yes, I feel the end times are coming quickly.

Bev: Yes, it is Kate W. from Ohio. It is terribly sad to see what she is going through and her story has been a rough one from the start with not being diagnosed right away because of moving and no insurance. It took a while for her to get a mammogram. At least now they give them for free for those in need. But she does have several children and needs our prayers.

I have been trying to post numerous times and my iPad keeps freezing out on my messages so I am going to have to resort to my computers. I don't have that problem with anything else so it looks like laptop for a while.

Nancy: I am feeling better. I have been wrestling with a head cold and it hasn't quite got a hold of me because I keep throughing my arsenal at it but it does affect my running.

Char

• bestock
    bestock Member Posts: 186
    edited October 2014

Thanks Nancy for the moon Pix............. great.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Good afternoon ladies,

I hope I am not offending anyone by posting pictures on here. If I have I am sorry. My intent is to lift up and encourage you and I certainly don't want you to take this as being insensitive. I think we all have to find our new normal and this is my way of doing that and hopefully providing a brief distraction from what you are all going through. It can be all consuming and completely overwhelming in the natural. That is why we need to lean on the Lord so much. I am praying for all of you and when I say that know that I do not take that lightly but very seriously.

Love you all,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

DAY #20 OF 50 DAYS OF GRATITUDE

I hope you all will continue in this with me. I think we are all seeing that there are days when we have a million things to be thankful for and then we get hit with life and get knocked down again and then it becomes much more difficult to give praise in the midst of the storm but that is exactly what God wants us to do. Giving thanks has an amazing way of taking our eyes off our own afflictions and on to the One who really in the end is the only one that can relieve them for us.

Today I give thanks for Mags. I share in some of her before bc dx and I have a little glimpse into her world and how hard it has been before her before bc. Now you add chemo to the mix and it certainly became a bigger challenge. Then she takes on heading up the July chemo sisters and being a cheerleader and prayer for those ladies. Maybe not such a big deal for a normally healthy individual but a HUGE undertaking for her situation.  Now we add pneumonia on top of all of this and we can certainly question Lord why would you allow this to happen to someone who is obviously doing such good in your name. I must confess when Sue was going through all of her stuff I read the entire book of Job to try to get a better understanding of suffering. I know that when we get to heaven all of those questions will become crystal clear but down here it is very cloudy much of the time. Sometimes God calls us into the desert to help mold us more into his likeness. That process is lonely and frustrating and very painful but He deems it necessary for us to go through these times in our lives. I think that time is now for Mags. I admire her perseverance and today I am thankful for her.

Hang in their sister.

Love you all

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

PS. Sorry. I have a prayer request. I am leaving tomorrow and will be at my mom's for ten days. This time of year I will be there a lot. Her needs are becoming greater and I think my sister and I are entering a time where we will need much wisdom in how to move forward. I need prayer for strength, patience and wisdom. Thanks.

Love,

Nancy

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited October 2014

Nancy, I will keep you in my prayers. I remember the days where helping my mom became more challenging as she became more disoriented. I pray your health stays good and your stamina doesn't weaken. Take good care!

Love and hugs, Polly

• magdalene51
    edited October 2014

Oh my, Nancy! Your post brought me to tears! I am so encouraged by your insight into why the Lord might have lead me into this valley, and I'm agreeing with you in faith that he is molding me into his image. I can't say that it's easy, it's not, but then, he didn't call us to be comfortable, did he? One of the books that has been so meaningful to me through the pre-BC times of pain has been C.S. Lewis' The Problem of Pain. I can't say I understand it, but I know it will be clear when we sit at the Master's feet in eternity. My heart longs for that and it gives me such hope.

I have been wanting to say for some time, I am thankful for you, Nancy. You have become, in your short time on this thread, a linchpin, a solid rock. I always know you are praying for each of us, and for all of our requests for others. Your diligence and persistence in finding Sue was rewarded by the miracle of a stranger's response which opened the floodgates of information for us all. 

And you have such a gift with your photography, which is truly an art form in itself. I have been wanting to ask you if you would repost your swan photo, I loved it. And your pictures of the eclipse are stunning. I was not able to see it as walking even the few steps to the door this morning would have winded me. But I can see it through your lens, and I thank you for it.

This whole thread has been a lifeline for me, an oasis, the green pastures and still waters that my Shepherd has led me to, and I am thankful for you all. You are constantly in my prayers.

• saltyjack
    saltyjack Member Posts: 326
    edited October 2014

Mags, I'm thinking the same thing about Nancy....but you said it so much better. Thanks! Nancy, you are such a blessing to us all - and we'll certainly be thinking of you and praying for you and your sister over the next days. I hope you and your sister have some wonderful times together and that your mom surprises you with some good memories - lots of kisses from God through a bittersweet time. I'm also praying that your health situation clears up so you don't have to be concerned with that but can just enjoy the family time together.

Mags, Anita, Becky and Jean - praying for you especially this week with your treatments and health concerns.  We're studying the Israelites' journey to the Promised Land and keep being reminded that the "wilderness" God leads us into sometimes isn't all a desert.....there are oases and blessings there to be found. I'll be praying that you each find lots of them this week.

Just an update on our friend Sharon - she's still subbing (and it's been so long, she's getting full-time teacher pay - yay!). She and her husband are still waiting for God's timing for a buyer for the house but she'll be able to use some of the pay to put on a new roof and furnace (I told her she certainly better buy herself something nice, too!). The work will probably last through December or maybe even January, then they're heading to the beach in Florida. Visions of seashells and sand are keeping her going! God is using her there in the class of special needs kids - with a little boy named Matthew in particular. His mom is in jail and his dad is abusive and critical of him - so God brought a bright light into his little life through our dear sister. This week is their fall break and yep, she's spent every day of it so far in the classroom getting it fixed up for the children when they return.

Thank you all for sharing this journey with me - love you!

Bev

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2014

Today I am grateful for few sides from the A/C on Monday.  Also for peace and the God given ability to put the decision about more surgery on the back burner for awile. Grateful for my brother in law's 3 week visit from Colorado.  (He went home today and will be missed).  Thanks and praise to God for the supportive calls and txts from many.  Also for my hubby who has held it together so well through this process.   Love, Jean 

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited October 2014

I am thankful today for how our own BC touches others. My only child/daughter lost her paternal grandmother in the late eighties to BC. When I was diagnosed she became a champion not only for me, but for BC patients. As she discovered, there were friends and even past family members that had went through this horrible disease. This month she has posted something everyday on her page about BC. Yesterday, she posted the cover of her breast films! I hope it's okay to post this pic...she is touching the lives of so many in her small community and it continues to grow! I am so thankful for her and her message

• magdalene51
    edited October 2014

Bev, your reminder of the journey to the Promised Land reminded me of one of my favorite passages. Deuteronomy 1:2 tells us, parenthetically, that it takes eleven days to go from Horeb to Kadesh Barnea by the Mount Seir road. Yet God had the Israelites in the wilderness for forty years, because of their stubbornness, disobedience, and lack of faith. How often do we wander around like that for the same reasons?

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited October 2014

I am grateful for my beautiful sons and DIL's who go out of their way to include us in the lives of their children. Today I got to see my little granddaughter get her first big girl haircut, then went to play with my grandson. :-)

Blessings

• Deborahanne
    Deborahanne Member Posts: 150
    edited October 2014

Polly, thanks for posting the picture. That's a great T-shirt and message. It's wonderful she's getting the message out! 

Jean, so glad to hear you are doing well and how wonderful that your brother-in-law's stay worked out so well! 

Nancy, I loved seeing your pictures of the moon! I hope and pray that your health will stay stable and that your time with your mom will be blessed and not too difficult. 

Deborah

• Deborahanne
    edited October 2014

Angie, I'm praying for you. Praying for minimal side effects and no complications. 

Mags, I've been praying for you. I've never had any respiratory problems but have seen others struggle. I hope you'll be well soon and am thankful your cousin is there to help you. 

Jean, I can understand your dread regarding another surgery to remove lymph nodes. It's best to first get through chemo. I'm praying you'll have minimal side effects and problems. I do believe God is waking more people up to the reality of evil and suffering in the world. 

• Deborahanne
    edited October 2014

Char, I'd been thinking about Kate as well but hadn't checked her blog in a while. I was so hopeful that the new treatment was working. Now, I'm heartbroken for her. God meant for you to check her blog and remind us to pray. 

Deborah 

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited October 2014

Char, will be praying for Kate during this time. I read her blog and will send up specific prayer request. 

Kate if you are reading these post you know that this group of prayer warriors are advocating on your behalf without ceasing.  Praying for your peace, healing and comfort and for your family.

Jean, glad your chemo went great and I am praying for minimal side effects for you this round.

Becky, I am praying for you as your wait for scan results as I know that is the worst part. 

Deborah, I am glad your part time job is one that brings you joy and fun!

Mags, I am praying for your quick recovery. I am so glad your cousin is there to assist you during this time. She is such a wonderful blessing. Yes we want you up and moving and recovering quickly.

Nancy, I love the moon pics as I missed the eclipse last night! Beautiful. I too would also like to see the swan photos again. Praying for your visit with your mom.  Your post of gratitude for one of our Sister's Mags brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful for all of you. PTL on our fellowship that is pulled together by a God's three ring cord that can not be broken!

Polly, loved the post and that's a great T-shirt and message. Love that your daughter is getting the message out!

Char, thanks for the advice and you can play mom roll at anytime :-)! I did learn about the leafy vegetables or food with vitamin K that I should not to eat or to keep the intake of these foods consistent (forgot the scientific name). I am a fan of broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, etc. so I have to keep it consistent and I usually eat them 3 times a week. I didn't know about the Pom juice so will avoid that. Until I am consistently in the therapeutic range I will go for blood level checks 2 to 3 times a week depending on the fluctuation. I am targeted to be on Coumadin for at least three months. My test this morning indicated I finally reached the therapeutic range and go for another test tomorrow to ensure it stays and then I can stop the Lovenax and just take the Coumadin. Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers.

All, I have finished my last round of AC, woot woot, PTL! I have a three week break before I start the weekly Taxol. Praying for minimal side effects and that I handle the fatigue and the GI tract issues that have plagued me with each round. Since beginning this journey I have lost ~20lbs due to the GI tract issues while trying to eat right. I am off to sleep for a bit.

Hugs to all.

Your Sister in Christ,

-Angie

• Deborahanne
    edited October 2014

Let's all keep Kate in our prayers. She went through chemo last Fall when I did and it's grieved me greatly that her cancer has spread. She's young, married and has young children. Many people think God will not give us more than we can handle, but I believe that there are times God does give us more than we can handle so that we'll lean on Him for strength rather than our own strength. It's only God who can help when things seem impossible and hopeless. I'm praying Kate will find comfort, rest, and peace in God and His eternal promises and that God will give her strength to endure these incredible hard times. May God surround her with a multitude of helpers to provide meals and care for her children, and lots of encouragement and prayers. 

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited October 2014

Deborahanne, in full agreement and in prayer for Kate to find peace, comfort and rest in our Heavenly father and her family.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Good evening ladies,

It has been a hectic day trying to get a million and one things taken care of before leaving for my mom's tomorrow. I will be there for ten days but I hope to be able to check in on most days. Thank you all for your encouraging words and nice words about my moon shots. I see myself in Kindergarten as far as my photography and have been stuck in that grade for a while now. I am just learning photography but since my dx God has really instilled a passion for it in me. I think He is giving me something to replace my music performance which is now a thing of the past due to health issues. You know I will be praying for each of you. When traveling I have lots of prayer time.

Polly, your daughter is beautiful inside and out. I imagine she has had a very good role model in you.

Since we have been discussing the Israelites in the desert one thing that comes to my mind is that when God poured manna down from heaven he only provided for that day. God wants us to trust him for each day. He gives us grace for today. I am a planner and an organized person who likes to plan my life out by the months. God wants us to trust Him for the day. That is not easy to do especially for me. We are not to spin our wheels regretting the past or worrying about the future. We are to live in the present and be thankful for how God has provided for us TODAY. Of course he wants us to be thankful for what he has done for us in the past and for what He is about to do in our future. We need to live in the present. My bc journey has made me more aware of really living each day instead of just letting days pass. I got up a little after 4:30 this morning to take those moon shots. I took 269 photos to just get a few good ones. Would I have done that in the past. Absolutely not. God has enriched my life so much through my bc journey. Just today I got a card from my junior high with many staff signing the card. God is so good. He is good ALL THE TIME. You all are like family to me. Take care and know that I am thinking of you and praying for each of you. We will continue on in our 50 DAYS OF GRATITUDE. Your posts bless me so much and I know God smiles and is pleased when we acknowledge Him.

Lucy, how are you doing? I am praying for you dear one.

Mags, I am praying that your pneumonia treatments will make you feel so much better. You can do this. You are a strong woman of God.

Angie, Praying that the Coumadin will work and that you won't have to be on it for long.

Sharon, I am proud that you are a light to Matthew who obviously has had a rough life. This was God's appointment for you.

Bev, Love you sister.

Char, Be a strong bright shining light to the charges in your care.

To all the ladies who are in active treatment- I am always lifting you up to hang in there and know that there is and end in sight.

PS Mags, I will post my swan pic at your request.

Love you all,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

This little family has changed my life in more ways than you will ever know. I have visited them several times watching my little babies grow up. I am like a grandmother that hates to see her little ones grow up. God gave me this family at a time when I needed it so badly. I would look for them during radiation. At first it was just the two adults. Then miraculously it was a family of seven.  This is per your request, Mags.

• Deborahanne
    edited October 2014

Bev, thanks for the update concerning Sharon. 

Angie, Zantac really helped me while I was on chemo. My diet was altered quite a bit while on chemo but a month or so after chemo, my diet returned to normal and I no longer needed the zantac. 

Becky, I'm praying for you as you wait for your scan results - praying for encouraging results. 

Love and blessings, Deborah

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Kate, I don't know you but I am praying for you. I have not had a chance to look at your blog but from reading these posts it sounds like you certainly need prayer and encouragement. I am praying for your family as well.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2014

Had a good crying jag with hubby tonight.  First time we had some privacy since his brother left today after a 3 week visit.  We have both been missing each other.  I just didn't know how much.  He is sleeping next to me, dear man.  Looking forward to tomorrow,with no plans but to spend some needed time together.  Love, Jean 

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited October 2014

Ladies...ok so I had a great post going for the last 20 min and I just lost it all after scrolling up...good grief.  So know I was responding and sharing prayers for everyone.  I need to get to bed...UGH...that makes me coocoo.  Know you are in my prayers ladies and just love you all.  I am so thankful for all of you and all your prayers over the past year. 

My infusion Monday went well.  Met w/MO and team and they are all pleased with how things are going.  My liver counts are perfect...PRAISE GOD!  I asked if we could put me back on the higher dose and she said she would like to wait to see that the counts stay steady and then should would consider it.  She wants me to keep exercising as I told her I hadn't for a couple of weeks.  So I went tonight after work and will get it back on track.  It is so hard to get my fatigue to cooperate...lol.

Day # 20 of 50 Days of Gratitude

Today I am grateful to two of our dear sisters.  First I am grateful for Nancy.  Nancy, I just want to make sure you really understand how thankful I am for all your efforts in finding the details about Sue.  It was all very bittersweet for me but I know you were being led by God and it was all just a sweet blessing.  When I slow down long enough to go through the last week it is so awesome how God worked in this.  I am so glad I was a part of it all.  I don't know how I could thank you but thank you so much for being the person you are.  Thank you for your love and encouragement and constant prayers for all of us.  As for your pics, they are all wonderful and I can't imagine them being offensive.  Thanks for sharing them. Second I am grateful for Char.  Char thank you so much for reaching out to me on a PM.  The words you shared were so touching to me and made me think and I am so thankful for you that day.  Keep being the beautiful person you are and thank you for all your support and encouragement.  I just love you two ladies and thank God you are in our lives during this journey. 

Have a restful sleep Warriors and an amazing day tomorrow.  Stay strong and keep praying...blessings abundant...Lucy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2014

Thank you Lucy. I feel so honored to be a part of something much bigger than I. God orchestrated all of this and I am just in awe of how he pulled it off only as He could. We had to be willing participants and it all came together so beautifully. I am hoping that once things calm down for Pastor Steve that he will email again and say how the service went. I imagine he was responsible for taking Sue's family back to the airport. I want to wait and let him reach out first. I would like to find out a little more about Sue's mom's physical and mental condition before I initiate anything. I won't be able to get the posts ready for her until I get back from my mom's. I wish my mom had a printer at her house. I would like for her mom to have time to grief anyway before sending the posts or delivering them myself. I will wait and see how the Lord leads.

I agree that Char has been such a blessing to the board. Many after finding out that they didn't have cancer and wouldn't have to do active treatments after surgery would have been long gone from here but not her. It is obvious that she has set high goals for herself and I admire that. She is a great encourager and a great witness in her faithfulness in training for her races. We are all in a race to the end and we want to go over that finish line to hear God say to us all well done, good and faithful servant.

Good night all.

Love you.

Nancy