thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited February 2017

Good morning, Girls!

Nancy, I hope you are getting enough rest with so much going on right now, but I also pray the Lord will bless your socks off with the class.

Welcome, Jenn! May our Lord grant you (and your family) His peace in the days ahead, give your surgical team wisdom and skill as they treat you March 1st, and may the Lord's hand bless you with as little discomfort as possible and rapid healing without complication after surgery.

Susie, healing from such a great loss takes time. And we are never completely "over it". May the Lord comfort your hurting heart. Lean on Him in the pain of grief. We're her for you.

Ellen, the 'hip hurdle' is behind you - Praise the LORD! I pray your se's will subside now so you can be more comfortable. May the wedding planning be a sweet time between you and your daughter and not one of stress or pressure at all.

My hubby was down for a day but thankfully he felt better yesterday and he even took me out for a valentines lunch. The Lord is so good!

Blessings upon your day!

Love,

Ade

(Please remember Nicholas & family in your prayers - see post above. THANK YOU!)

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited February 2017

Good morning dear ladies.

Good to hear from you G. I think you and Jenn probably have some things in common.

Susie, thank you for your nice comments. I continue to pray for your family and for Jeremy as well. I imagine this is going to be a very hard thing for him to get through both physically and emotionally.

Have a good day.

Love,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited February 2017

Welcome Jenn!

Susie, continuous prayers for you, your family and Jeremy on his rode to recovery.

Ellen, Praise the Lord. We rejoice with you

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2017

2 Corinthians 12:9New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited February 2017

I would like to invite a sister to join us but she is somewhat younger lady. She's just learned she's got mets in several places. I think she would be a good fit for the thread. What do you think

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited February 2017

Thanks Nancy. Just what I needed to read. PET scan results tomorrow. It will either be on to the easier stuff, or being fitted for a port and dealing with the HEAVY DUTY IV chemo because pill form xeloda chemo will have finally failed. So yes, I'm a little on pins and needles.

I'm leaving it in the Lord's hands because there's nothing else I can do but trust Him in all things.

And of course, pray for His tender mercies.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2017

Mags I don't know about anyone else but I vote to welcome your friend into our little fold. After all God has brought us together for a purpose and as a mets gal I know I wouldn't be coping without this as well as I have with everyone's support and prayers from here. So depending on what everyone else thinks I say welcome her. Also if she wants to talk about the mets diagnosis have her pm me.

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2017

Mags, that sounds great. There are some younger ladies here and they have always been welcomed. Love, Jean

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited February 2017

Since my Dr can't spend an hour with me at every appt, I got an advanced copy of the PET scans on DVD so I could review them in advance. I've spent the last couple of hours pouring over it and comparing it to the previous CT scans. Surprisingly, the PET scans are much easier to read as the radioactive isotope really makes the cancerous sites light up. All the previous areas are still lighting up - no shock there: Spinal areas, hip, pelvis, psoas muscles, etc. But I also saw some new areas of activity, particularly in the sacrum area, and it looks like old lesions on the kidneys and adrenals are definitely spreading. I'm not going to freak out about it yet because, heck, I am NOT a radiologist. Prayers to our Lord, maybe it's something else.

They did extra views of my lungs (which concerns me)...once again, not gonna freak out yet, but stuff showed up in parts of my lungs that are VERY bright and consistent with the brightness of the lesions in my spine and hip/pelvis areas.

I'm not surprised by any of this. I was told that there MIGHT be progression since we reduced the dosage and scheduling of the Xeloda to minimize some of the debilitating side effects and give me a little better quality of life. And since I presented at initial Dx with SO MANY areas back in April, this is to be expected when you're metastatic Stage 4.

I'm grateful for the last two and a half months since the Xeloda dosage was reduced. Other than the usual fatigue and occasional diarrhea, I've been doing pretty well, considering where I was 10 months ago. That may change dramatically because they'll probably put me on a much stronger chemo now. Dr told me this would be a very strong possibility.

So keep me in prayer...I re-posted parts of this from another thread. As someone once said to me, "God has a plan!"

• ladyb1234
    edited February 2017

Mags, I say invite her. When I came to this thread I was welcomed with open arms even though I did not meet the age "criteria".

• auroaya
    edited February 2017

Hello sisters! Tomorrow it's my first chemo after a two month break due to moving and insurance issues. Doc will also be reviewing my CT scan with me so please pray for me.

Aurora

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited February 2017

Hello dear sisters,

The past 6 months have been incredibly hard. I have buried 3 young breast cancer friends that all had progression to stage 4. One was 37, 44 & 49. All of these beautiful women had such amazing strength and faith. To watch them in their final months was heart breaking but I was also thankful for the time I had with them. 2 of these beautiful women took my workshop and I loved them dearly. I am posting this because I am signing off for a little while. I need to not look at BCO so much especially in the evening hoursand work towards taking care of me (which by the way I haven't figured out how to do effectively???!!!!!). I am beginning a new workshop on Wednesday and it always takes the strength of the Lord to see me through. I love all the women that attend and i ache when they do. I carry the burden and pain with me and I need to not fully engulf myself and set up better boundaries. I am blessed that you are such great examples of women of faith. Women that push through because we know that God says in His word "he that endures to the end the same shall be saved." Matthew 24:1

I will check in again. You all are in my prayers and I love that we have one another. I praise God because He is good and faithful and He hears us when we call. What a mighty mighty God we serve.

God bless you & keep you.

G

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2017

Dear ladies,

For some reason my email notifications got knocked off and I have some catching up to do but getting ready to leave for the afternoon. Mags, I did see about your wanting to know if this friend could join us. I think most of us here would welcome anyone that needs prayer and encouragement.
    I have been burning the candle at both ends and next week is going to be even more intense. Will catch up with you when I can.
    Love,
    Nancy

Psalm 73:23-26New International Version

(NIV)

23 Yet I am always with you;
    you hold me by my right hand.
    24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory.
    25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

• pinkninja9560
    pinkninja9560 Member Posts: 178
    edited February 2017

thanks Mags for inviting me to join this group and thanks group for having me. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and for praying for you.

I went from being a 2 year survivor to having mets to both lungs, both kidneys, one adrenal gland, my liver, lots of lymph nodes and some bones in just one week. To say it was a shock would be an understatement 😂 However, to the Lord, nothing's a shock.

I haven't really had time to process it but am grateful I don't have to go it alone. I'm loved by my Creator, my family and lots of friends. I have an incredible husband and support system and I know that as tough as it will be to go through this, I will make it through, as will each of you.

I need to hurry up and get ready for church but I look forward to going back and reading through your posts. I like going Saturday nights because there's a lot less people. I attend one of those mega churches but I love it. I was blessed to be on staff there for many years so it's here me to me.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2017

Good evening dear ladies,

Just quickly checking in before doing some more studying.

G, you will be terribly missed but take care of yourself. I did send you a PM and hopefully you will see that.

Aurora, I thought you had started your chemo last Friday so I have been praying in advance I guess you might call it. Praying that this treatment will help your condition to stabilize.

Lita, I know this has got to be very scary reading these PET scans but like you say try not to fret as I have tried reading some things on my own and got myself worked up into a tizzy needlessly. God is in control of every single one of our situations. I pray that He gives you the grace and all of us the grace to accept whatever is to come. We know the end of the story and it is a WONDERFUL beginning.

Mags I am glad you invited your friend to our little corner of the earth. I hope that once you resume treatments that you will feel encourage and that you can tolerate it knowing that it seems to definitely be shrinking those tumors.

Pink, welcome. I have to say that I love your little dog. My neighbors have a little dog that looks so much like your little one and I love that dog to pieces. I am sure you feel the same about your little fur baby. I know you must be in that shock phase of hearing your latest news. I am so sorry that things have worked out in this way. This is a great bunch of ladies who will encourage you and pray with you. I too go to a Mega church but we don't have Sat night services anymore so that means I need to get to bed early tonight. Feel free to post anytime.

I have survived my first week of class. This coming week I have added another evening workshop so it is going to be grueling. I am studying my head off but I am motivated to take my photography to the next level and see what the Lord has in mind for me.

I will post when I can but it may be stetchy this week.

Have a good night everyone.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2017

Habakkuk 3:17-19King James Version (KJV)

17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19 The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

King James Version (KJV)

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited February 2017

Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

[17] The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."

Welcome, pinkninja, and may you find encouragement from these wonderful sisters.

I started chemo again Thursday, and I'm in the lowest trough of side effects this weekend. But I will survive this too.

• pinkninja9560
    pinkninja9560 Member Posts: 178
    edited February 2017

thanks everyone!

Mags, that's one of my favorite verses! When I went thru chemo the first time and was in the "lowest trough", I would read that verse and imagine myself as a baby in a crib with the Lord standing over me singing lullabies and love songs. It would bring me great comfort.

I pray that you will sense God's presence today and let Him wrap His great big daddy arms around you.

• ladyb1234
    edited February 2017

Welcome Pink.

Sisters, I pray that each of yoy were able to stand in the presence of our All Mighty Father today. That you were filled with his presence. Praying that your cup runs over with love, peace, joy and strength as you rest in the Father's arms.

G, will miss you but understand and please take care. Will continue to keep you up in prayer with your workshops.

Aurora, Mags, Pink, and Lita continuing to pray for each of you as you go through your treatments.

Sue, still lifting your family and Jeremy in prayer.

Jo-5 how is your daughter? I continue to prayer for her and the kids.

Love Across,

Angie

• auroaya
    edited February 2017

Joanne I pray for God's power to come down from heaven and fill you and your daughter so that you may win this battle. Please don't feel like you can't post these things here, I at least an acquainted with alcohol and drug addictions and they are indeed a spiritual battle. If you want to talk pm me.

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2017

Same here,Joanne. I continue to pray for these children. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2017

Joanne,

I am glad you posted because I feel sure the ladies will surround you with prayer for your family situation. You know I am praying.

Angie, I know you are always so busy. I did send you some PM's in case you don't know that. I know I am not getting any notifications at all so it is easy to miss something.

Jean, hope you are doing well.

I am going to ask that you pray for Faith. She is going through the very difficult time of losing a close friend to cancer and I know this is breaking her heart. She may not post and I hope she doesn't mind me posting for her. I know the difficulty I had with Kath's (from this thread) death as we were very close and I never even got to see her in person so to have a close personal friend that you interact with in person and to see them slip away is difficult. I know she would appreciate your prayers. She is having her second cataract surgery on Feb. 27.

Remember Jenn is have surgery on March 1st as well.

I am a little overwhelmed with all the unbelievable info from my classes but it is a jumping off point for me for life long learning process. I only have two more nights to go and I am doing pretty well as I was so concerned that my back would give me problems sitting in those awful chairs but I have been doing very well and keeping up with my swimming definitely helps.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2017

Ladies I have a prayer request for my friend Anna. She has had several joint replacements and has developed an infection in her knee. She is facing multiple surgeries to try to save her leg and was very discouraged.

Today I am very grateful for a decent night's sleep and to be relatively pain free. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2017

Praying for Anna.

Take this verse and put it in your heart and mind today.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited February 2017

Nancy, thank you for mentioning my friend who is dying. Ladies I really would welcome your prayers for Rosemary and her family and friends. Hospice is coming in a couple of days and I am so sad about all of it, I just don't know how to deal with it and what I can do for her and the family besides pray. She has many, many, friends and a wonderful family and I sometimes feel as if I'm another burden if they have to respond to my emails or phone calls. At the same time, I feel we've become very close even if I've only known her for about 5 years while other friends are life long.

I take some comfort knowing she is at peace, knowing she will see her DH andinfant daughter in her next life. I really don't know how people deal with death if they don't believe in God and have faith.

Take care and God bless you all,

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2017

Dear ladies,

I feel some of you out there needs to hear this video. Praying that it is a balm for those who need comfort and assurance today.

Joanne, yes, grace is why we are all here for sure. Thanks for sharing those beautiful banners.

Faith, I know your heart is heavy. Know I am praying.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2017

Thank you Nancy. I needed that reminder of my need for Jesus and without Him I can do nothing. How often I wander off and try to do things in my own strength. I have scheduled my next hip replacement for May 3rd. Looking forward to getting it done and being relatively pain free. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2017

Hang on to Jesus dear sisters. So many are going through such difficulties and God is whispering in your ear it is going to be okay. Hang on and look to Me. He KNOWS what you are going through and He is using it for a greater purpose. He LOVES you and CARES what you are going through. DON'T GIVE UP.

Love,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    edited February 2017

Joanne I pray for You and your family. Please post as it gives me info for more targeted prayer as we know this is a spiritual battl and I will continue to intercede. Your family is part of our ministries intercessory prayer. Pleas feel free to PM me anytime to communicate any specific prayer request or even if you need us to pray while any preceding are in process.

Amen Jo-5 to your prayer and statement that "Faith works best when we come to the end of ourselves."

Jean and Faith, prayed for your specific request,

Nancy, I will check my PM's. Love the video so calming and places you in worship. It speaks to me that we can have peace in the middle of the storm -- which each of us are testimonies too.

Yes we need you Lord every hour. Bless us now my Savior. I come to thee as your child. You know our deepest struggles, our deepest fears -- bless us now our Savior as we come to thee with outstretched hands and heart. Thank you Lord Jesus for being with us on this journey called life and meeting us where we are and continuing to intercede for us. Only you know what tomorrow brings. Continue to teach us to live for today and know that you have ordered our live's and footsteps. Abba Father, as we rest in your bosom renew our strength, calm our minds and our hearts, and bring to rememberance your Word that keeps and sustains us. Quicken Your promises in our hearts if we waver or feel that our faith is waning so that we may stand steadfast on what you have told us - That You will never leave us nor foresake us that if We call on You -- You will answer. That You know the beginning from the end. That you love us. Bring us closer as You comfort us. Teach us to continue to prayer for others despite what We may be facing. Put a hedge of protect around us and send in your ministering and warring angels . As prayer warriors we know this battle is spiritual and it is only by your protection that we can stand in the gap for others. Father we worship and praise Your holy name. Guard our hearts, increase our faith and continue to draw us ever closer to you. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Love across the miles,

Angie

Forgive any typo's as the above prayer was written after listening to the video Nancy shared and I didn't go back and edit it. The song moved me to tears. Now going to my prayer closet.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2017

This is a time in your life when you must learn to let go: of loved ones, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence, where you are complete. Take time to bask in the Light of My Love. As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possession into My care.

This was taken from part of my devotional today and this coincides with Joanne's prayer. I will see if I can find a banner which uses one of the scriptures for today which we have posted on this thread often. Is. 41:13

Angie, I use Youtube videos to coincide with my prayer time occasionally and when I do that I am ushered into His presence every time. I am glad that ministered to you as it did to me. Thank you for your beautiful prayer.

Debbie (from Ireland) needs our prayers as her privilege to use this cancer drug being the only one in Ireland when she started it stopped working in December. I know many of you can relate to this and even if you don't know her (she has been on this thread in the past) she needs our prayers.

Praying for you dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy