thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited March 2017

The psalms give me great comfort when I am facing challenges. I know so many of you are facing enormous challenges and I pray that this verse will give you comfort.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2017

I am not posting as much but I am reading and praying over all of you. Saw my little great granddaughter Valentina today and it was such a delight to be off the cancer planet most of the time these days. Life has gotten better and am enjoying most of my new normal. On the way home from our visit I told my hubby that I was feeling worried that I have nothing to worry about! Thank you Jesus. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited March 2017

Thank you Joanne for the heads up on Nancy. Prayers being said for all those under the flu.

I had my secon infusion of chemo IV on Friday and feeling the effects. Hair falling, sore scalp, joint pain and fatigue, ugh.

I'm in charge of my 5 yr old grandson this afternoon. Prayers welcome for strength .

Aurora

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited March 2017

Hello all, image

I have not posted in a while, but am still here and have been reading all your posts. Some of you are going through a lot with treatments and family issues, along with the stress of dealing with everyday issues. I thank our precious God so many times everyday for what he has done for me and I pray for all of you. As we age, I think we reflect on so much more. I see my grandchildren, who range in age 2 - 19, and see how they live for today without much thought of much else. I remember those days. I find myself now thinking a lot more about what the future holds. We have to trust our Lord!

Bless you all!

Lynn

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Hello dear sisters,

I have been sick and will probably be laying around for a few more days. Thank you Joanne for your banners and for asking for prayer for me.

Aurora, I can only imagine having to lose your hair a second time is rough. Praying for you dear sis.

Mags, I hope you are feeling better.

Jenn, I hope you are recovering with NO issues after your surgery.

Lynn, so good to hear from you. Love your banner. Hope you are doing well.

I think we can all relate to the human experience. I have posted this one before but worth repeating. I picked this one before seeing yours Lynn so I think that must be the message we are supposed to have for today.

Hope to be back up and running sometime soon.

Love,

Nancy

• jrow7
    jrow7 Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2017

I am recovering quite well, Amen!

Found out today I will be needing chemo.

One day at a time right?

Much love to al

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Jenn, I am glad your recovery is going well. Yes, one step at a time. You WILL get through this.

I am still sick and getting concerned as I have lots to do before going to my mom's in a few weeks.

I have my mammogram on Tuesday and I really don't want to have to cancel that.

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2017

Prayers for you Nancy. Also requesting orayer for my granddaughter Alexia. She is to be coming home on April 3rd. She told her Mon she is having a friend pick her up. This is a red flag since the friend uses marajuana! Please pray for her to stay away from this poison so she can be the mother her daughter Valentina needs! I am getting ready for my hip replacement on May 3rd and looking forward to being both cancer and pain free. Grateful for all the wonderful support here and also the wonderful medical care. Thank you ladies. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Will be praying for your requests, Jean.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Dear ladies,

I have had this on my heart to do for a long time and unfortunately I am not feeling up to what it would take to do what I had planned. I wanted to honor and take a moment to remember our sisters who have entered the gates of heaven already but I do want to honor my dear friend Kath as today is the year anniversary of her death.

Kath, I think of you so often and wonder how your twin boys are doing and how Pat is doing. I have prayed for them so much after you went to be with Jesus. I know your biggest desire was to see your boys graduate from college and I am supposing that unless they took some time off this year would be their year to graduate. You taught me so much about courage and strength and grace. You are sorely missed. I know you are pain free and disease free now and I can't wait to talk to you in heaven some day.

Love,

Nancy

Kathryn Hunter, who went to be with Jesus on March 9, 2016.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited March 2017

Hello everyone, I've been reading along and praying for your needs. Sometimes it's just too hard to think about all the needs we all have. Nancy, I'm so sorry you're still not feeling well and especially sorry about the sorrow you are feeling for your friend Kath, she is a beautiful lady who died much too soon. As you know I'm already starting to mourn my dear friend who is now on hospice care. We don't know how much time she has left but pray for a peaceful transition to the next life and comfort for her family.

Rest well and stay well everyone, Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Psalm 18:30 New International Version (NIV)

30 As for God, his way is perfect:
    The Lord's word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him.image

Let God be your refuge today dear ladies of faith. He is able.

Faith, I know this time you are in is so difficult. I continue to pray for Rosemary and for you and her family and friends. I remember when I was fervently praying for Kath to be healed and then I knew the time had come and I just asked that God would take her peacefully and it was shortly after that time that He did. I know that in my humanness I just couldn't help but think of the years of struggle that she had with serious health issues even besides two kinds of cancers and I think wrapping my head around her situation helped me to trust God more and more as there is so much we will NEVER understand until we get to heaven. He so carefully weaves every stitch of our lives into a beautiful tapestry that sometimes we can't see the proverbial forest for the trees in the process. I believe that every moment has a purpose and even in the times of sickness and challenge God uses those situations for His purpose in our lives. He doesn't ever cause sickness but He can certainly use it to our good and for the good of those around us. Our sufferings have a purpose and it is so hard to grasp that when we are in the middle of it all. It ultimately boils down to trusting God for every single thing in our lives. If we continue to seek Him we can have peace in that He will direct all of our steps and just as that wayward sheep He will brings us back to the fold if we stray.

I continue to pray for you dear sisters and know that so many are facing unbelievable challenges, some spoken and some not. I am feeling better today and hope I am seeing the end of this sickness. Thank you for your prayers.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited March 2017

Nancy I'm thankful you're feeling a bit better - finally - hopefully as close to 100% as it gets soon!

Have been praying for you and all of the sisters. We all appreciate your words of wisdom and encouragement.

Blessings on your week, Ladies.

Ade

<><

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Thank you Ade for your prayers. I do appreciate that. I am doing better and I made it to church yesterday. I hope to resume my swimming soon. How are you doing?

I have to confess that I am nervous about tomorrow. Tomorrow marks my third year out to the day. I have a mammogram and they said to allow time for an ultrasound if needed. In my ultrasound three years ago when they detected the tumor they damaged my rotator cuff in my shoulder during the procedure and I had to have PT along with rads, followed by months of pain. I am quite concerned about having another as this one arm will not go over my head without a lot of pain and that is the side where the cancer was. I would appreciate your prayers if anyone sees this.

Have a great day dear sisters. We finally have snow on the ground but so far not much.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited March 2017

Oh, Nancy, I'm dealing with rotator stuff, too. Once you injure your shoulder you're very much prone to re-injury, and I know that for a fact. Even hyper-extending your arm can reactivate the horrible pain and accompanying stiffness that lasts for weeks (if not months).

Prayers going out to you.

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited March 2017

Nancy, the mammogram techs have provisions for folks who can't quite contort like regular folks so don't let them bend you more than necessary. Sorry two of you are dealing with rotator cuff damage. The VA put James on a cholesterol med that weakens muscles. He went to start the mower last summer and tore the shoulder (top of arm) muscle away from the bone. Now the muscle bulge has slid to mid arm instead of being high at the top and is weak (useless) and painful. They don't admit it was the meds of course but the evidence is clearly stated on internet reports. He will probably need surgery - IF that will even repair it. :o( Anyway I pray the Lord will take away your pain and repair the damage. You surely don't need that on top of everything else. Nancy, may your mammogram be NORMAL, in Jesus' Name.

I just never feel good anymore - but God uses this to make character and it doesn't mean He has forgotten us or forsaken us. Our joy is in the Lord no matter what, even when it hurts. I know most of you ladies have it so much worse and am lifting you all up to the Lord for His grace, comfort and mercy. (Thank you Nancy, for asking)

Temps in the 80s the rest of the week! WooHOO!

Love-

Ade

<><

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Thanks Lita and Ade for your prayers.

Lita, I hope your shoulder is much better after having to go to the ER. I continue to pray for your pain in general.

Ade, I am sorry to hear about your DH. Those lawn mowers are treacherous for shoulder injuries and any weaknesses already there. I hope he can find a solution other than surgery.

I am sorry you are not feeling well. Do you think it is due to your bc and your AI? I will pray that you can have much better days. I guess the temp in the 80's can't hurt. Hopefully we'll see that in a few months.

Thanks for your prayer and concern. I appreciate it.

Love

Nancy

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited March 2017

Lita and Nancy, I also have extensive shoulder damage from arthritis. Nancy, you might remember when I was going through rads I had to have pain meds and lidocaine patches to move my arm into the right position. It's still my worst pain, and most of the time I just live with it. I had 2 surgeries in 2006 on my left shoulder, but the bone spurs kept coming back so I gave up. Shoulder replacements don't have a good success rate, and my cancer side is the worse one. So I definitely feel your pain.

My word of the day: When you feel alone, remember the teacher is always silent during the test

• faith-840
    edited March 2017

Nancy, I'm praying that your mamo is easy and has great results with no shoulder problems. Everyone, I'm keeping you all in prayers as well as my dear friend Rosemary. She is much weaker and nearing the end of her journey. Prayers for a peaceful passing and her family and friends are most welcome.

Thank you all, Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Mags, yes I remember all too well what you went through with rads and your shoulder. I am sure you understand my concern. I will definitely speak up this time if I have to have an ultrasound. I was in terrific pain during the procedure and didn't say one word. That was a very big mistake which I will not repeat. How are you doing?

Faith, thank you for your prayers. I do hope that Rosemary will not have a prolonged passing. I know that makes it so hard on everyone. Praying that she does not suffer as she fades out of this life and into the next. Praying for you too as I know how much she means to you and it is so hard in this situation to have to let go but not wanting to.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Psalm 46:10New International Version (NIV)

10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth."

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Thank you for your prayers. Just got home from my mammogram and got the see you next year, followed by a very thankful sigh of relief. Thank you for your prayers. Apparently it is over zealous schedulers that are across the board scheduling extra time for an ultrasound when they are not supposed to apparently. At any rate I am so relieved and grateful.

Love

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited March 2017

Nancy, great news. What a relief for you. Praise God for all good things!

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Thank you Faith. Yes, it is a huge relief and now can I fully concentrate on all the craziness going on at my home with getting ready for new drapery installation and switching out my music room into a photography room. You know that phase when you want to pull your hair out. That is where I am. LOL At the same time God allowed me to keep things in perspective today and I needed that. Sweating the small things that we allow to become LARGE is not what He wants for us.

I am trying to install a new program on a new laptop and the password things is just crazy but it will work out eventually.

How are you doing? How is Rosemary? Praying for all of you.

Love

Nancy

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited March 2017

Hello ladies

Nancy, I'm doing ok today, not really looking forward to Thursday, the (hopefully) last chemo. But my sister and her granddaughter and her DGD's fiancé are coming over Saturday. Actually my sister will spend the whole weekend. Her DGD is 7 months pregnant, and although in my opinion it's the backwards way to do it, they are both very excited about the baby and very committed to each other. They are also both very smart, and DH enjoys his conversations with the fiancé very much. So I will be a great-great aunt in May.

You mentioned having a chance to see Sandi Patty on tour; she is coming on staff at our church when she finishes, her husband is already on staff, his son as well. It will be interesting to see what role they find for her. She and our senior pastor have known each other since he worked with the Gaithers right out of college. And her dad pastored a church here, don't know if he still does. So this is her hometown. I think they are on a working cruise this week.

Anyway, I'm going to have a couple of weeks to recuperate before I have scans, and we're going to Branson for the weekend at the end of this month.

Really good news on your mammo! Blessings

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2017

Mags it is so nice to hear you are having some enjoyable times. Nancy, congratulations on the clear mamo. I am sure the house stuff will all work out. Inconveniences not tragedy praise Gid. We had lots if snow here yesterday. About 3 feet blown against my deck door. A dear neighbor plowed us out already. Off to Florida tomorrow to see my grandson Bob pitchi for his college team at spring training. He didn't get the job in Boston so please keep him in prayer as he graduates in June and needs to find work. My great granddaughter Valentina will be there too! It is a blessing to be able to write about something other than cancer treatments. For the newbies hang in there..there is life after cancer. Ladies I pray you all have a blessed day. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Mags, will be praying for your last chemo on Thursday. It sounds like you will have plenty of pleasant distractions with family coming in and your trip to Branson. I am happy for you. I pray that you feel well enough to enjoy the family and your trip.

That will be amazing having Sandi Patty right there to enjoy her gifts. I loved her sense of ministry and I am sponsoring a little 10 year old girl in Ethiopia because of going to her concert where they had this ministry to feed the hungry. Even though she is definitely a performer she has a heart for God that was very real and touching.

Jean, I am sorry that your grandson didn't get the job but praying something even better will come about. That is nice that you are able to travel to see him pitch. I know he will appreciate that. Also a great time to be leaving the snow behind!

Joanne's granddaughter is having the last of the pretrials tomorrow regarding her children and custody. Please pray that God would move on the heart of this judge to see the truth and to rule for what is best for her children and in my opinion that is to stay with her full time.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy