thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited March 2017

Aurora, I continue to pray for you and I am sorry this chemo is so rough. I am so glad your mother is coming for a nice long visit. I know you will enjoy that and hopefully will be a good distraction to the SE.

Faith, how are your eyes doing. I imagine you are still doing the drops. How is Rosemary? Praying for you and her and her family.

Here a few pics I took at this orchid nursery that I wanted to visit one more time before going to my mom's next week.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited March 2017

Nancy, thanks for checking on me. Yes, I have a few more days on the drops and my sight is good but the dry eyes really are bothering me still. I sure hope that improves. It feels like I'm still wearing contacts and just want to take them out.

The last I heard on Rosemary was almost a week ago when hospice told the family it would happen in a day or two. I can't believe she hasn't passed yet but she has defied all odds to this point. I'm just so sorry this is taking so long for her and her family. I can't imagine their pain at losing her. I think I've been in mourning for several weeks now. I just feel so sad about everything right now.

My daughter's family from Idaho is coming for a visit this weekend and I want to enjoy them and I'm sure I will but I just feel sad right now. Their youngest daughter is going to look at St. Mary's College in South Bend. They've offered her a great scholarship and I hope she goes to school there so we can see more of her and her parents. Right now they don't visit too often as it's so expensive to fly here.

How nice for you that your living room is almost done, it's been a long process for you.I'm sure the hole patching can wait but I imagine you want it done. Your orchid pictures are beautiful. Hopefully It won't be long before we can get outside and then you can really get some new pictures and put your new photography studio to use.

Jean, I'll be keeping your granddaughter in my prayers and your grandson's job search. One of my granddaughters is also graduating and will be looking for a nursing job this May.

Aurora, I pray your Chemo does it job and also that the side effects get better. I'm sure you'll enjoy having your mother there. I also pray for all of us here.

Jo, as always your banners are very uplifting. Thank you for posting them.

Lita, you are my hero. You are showing us all how to live and die with cancer. Your trip to Hawaii sounds wonderful and I pray that your health allows you to enjoy it.

Have a goodnight dear sisters.

Faith (in the future)

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2017

A word from Him this morning....
    Let me hold you while I take care of your concerns. Just be still in my arms.
    ""For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." —ISAIAH 41:13"

Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Isaiah 41:13New International Version (NIV)

13 For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
    and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.

Jean, I can't believe this is the same verse as you posted. I guess the Lord wants us to hear this one.

Faith, my heart aches for what you are going through. Know I am praying for you and I hope your visit with your daughter's family will be an uplifting time for you and a good distraction for your grieving over your friend. Thank you for your nice comments.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

I love this verse.

Lamentations 3:24-26 New International Version (NIV)

24 I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him."

25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
    to the one who seeks him;
    26 it is good to wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Hi Teka,

Welcome back. I love the orchid pic. I bought my first orchid plant a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. Mine is sitting on top of my refrigerator which seems to be the only place that has good light for houseplants.

Thanks for your prayers.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Teka, this is what the top of my refrigerator might look like if I went by my old adage that you can never have too many flowers. LOL I took these at an orchid nursery.

• faith-840
    edited March 2017

Dear friends, thank you for your prayers. I'm asking now for peace for Rosemary's family and friends. She has finally gone to see our Dear Lord and her loving husband early yesterday. Everyone is sad but grateful she is no longer suffering. All her children were with her at the end and she can be very proud of her beautiful family and the care they took of her. We should all be that lucky.

It is so nice to have one of my daughters and her daughter here for a few days but unfortunately my SIL couldn't get on the oversold flight and my daughters flight was delayed for hours, and they ended up taking a red-eye flight from the west coast and arriving here at 6:30 am. Travel is not fun but at least they made it.

I love all your beautiful flower pictures, but I'm also in the category of not being able to grow much. I buy a beautiful orchid and can keep it alive for several months but never get it to rebloom. So then I just start over with another one. :-)

Have a beautiful day and let's pretend the sun is shining somewhere.

Hugs, Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Faith, I just felt in my spirit when praying for Rosemary that this weekend could be the time she passed. I do not believe it is a coincidence that you have your daughter and family with you at this time either. I will be praying for comfort for the family and friends and especially for you as I know how much she meant to you. I do hope that you are physically feeling better enough to enjoy your family that are in.

Joanne, thank you. Your plants are beautiful. Getting your cactus to bloom twice is something! I have a neighbor with a super green thumb. She has quite a few orchids and told me recently they were blooming. She has better light in her house than I do so that makes a huge difference even though our houses are exactly the same but facing different directions.

Ladies, I would appreciate your prayers for me. I am dealing with a third bout of intestinal stuff and I have a sore throat with it this time. I am leaving for my mom's on Wednesday and I really want to be able to be well to go and have the energy it takes when I am there. I am planning on a week visit and then a three week visit in May. I have been wearing a splint on my hand as well. I already have a couple of trigger fingers and now my thumb has started in and it is really bad. I will be seeing a hand surgeon in April. I can't use my camera at this point so that has been a hard pill to swallow since I have been gearing up for this season of photo opps for a long time. It is in God's hands and I am trusting whatever He is allowing.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited March 2017

Nancy, thank you for your prayers and kind words. Rosemary's obit is online at one of the big funeral homes in our area if you want to see a beautiful lady who lived an inspirationale life.

I am feeling better this weekend as I'm on my 7day break from Ibrance. My other daughter who lives in the area is coming tonight with her DH and we will all be having dinner out somewhere. Their daughter is graduating from the same college in May so Caroline is likely to get a big pep talk from all. I'm hoping that our granddaughter decides she likes the college in South Bend so then her parents will have lots more reasons to visit often.

I'm so sorry you're having health issues again especially the hand problems. That must be very frustrating. I will certainly send prayers heavenward that things resolve soon and your trip to your mom's will be a good one . Safe travels! Prayers for all here.

Hugs, Faith ( in the future)

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited March 2017

Nancy, it seems we are both being tested with pain.

Hopefully you will get some answers. Strong prayers for the intestinal stuff...I know it's horrible.

Been putting off doing more radiation to lower spine because Mr. Colon doesn't like it, but I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do it. Pain is getting unmanageable.

Praying that we can both work thru our pain with our Lord's help.

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited March 2017

Oh so much pain and suffering to pray about. May the Lord comfort Rosemary's family with His peace and knowing where she is now.

Lita and Nancy I am so sorry for your pain and pray the Lord will touch you with his comfort and healing - and restore your camera abilities too, Nancy (I LOVE your orchids - like a glimpse into Heaven!) Nancy - could the intestinal thing be a medication causing it?

Faith - have a wonderful visit with family!

Joanne - BEAUTIFUL flowers! I have two - a geranium that I have miraculously kept alive for 4 years and it's still beautiful. And a sister in the Lord gave me a potted daisy mum when I had my surgery 15 months ago. Can't believe they're both still thriving - must be the Lord!

The Lord has blessed me with THREE good days in a row and it's been wonderful! For church potlucks & cookie ministry I baked 2 enchilada casaroles, 2 kinds of cookies, plus peanutbutter fudge and made ham & beans. (When I do have a good day I don't waste it!)

I have an uncomfortable mass near my arm pit on the cancer side and it makes me nervous - you know the feeling! Hoping it's just FAT, but it is not like the other side. Have an onc appointment in June I think. Trying just not to think about it. Hubby knows but never gets rattled about ANYthing. He is doing well, praise the Lord! Took a BIG bike ride with the church guys down to Big Bend Ntl. Park on Saturday. Other than looking like a raccoon in reverse (BAD sunburn on face!) he did amazingly well. I am SOOO thankful the Lord answered my YEARS of prayers that we could have a time in the Lord TOGETHER every morning. Oh what a blessing! We have much to thank Him for even in the midst of pain & suffering. The scriptures you all post bless my soul. Thank you!

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Thank you ladies for your prayers.

Faith, I am going to send you a PM.

Lita, I am sorry that your colon is giving you such a hard time too. I don't have to deal with radiation but understand your dilemma. I pray that God will give you the strength to endure.

Ade, thank you for your nice comments. Yes, the thought of not being able to use my camera has been a disappointment for sure but I am trusting that the splint will do wonders along with alot of prayer. I am so glad to hear that you had three good days in a row. You sure didn't waste any time going to town did you? LOL

Love your geranium. I have my first daffodil hanging it's poor head where I couldn't even see it. The rest of my flowers will probably all be in full bloom after I am gone. sigh!!

I used to see a muscle therapist for years for my fibromyalgia and there were times that I would get a lump in my armpit. That was long before my bc dx. I think it was something about the lymph nodes and that really didn't mean too much to me then. However it would be a lot to me now. I have possible LE and have PT for it. I agree with Joanne and I would try to get in to your doctor before your scheduled apt. It is always better to be safe than sorry with our histories.

I had a possible food poisoning last March. Long story short after feeling horrible for months and doing initial tests with my pcp I went to my gastro doctor in July and was diagnosed with Post Infectious IBS. It can go on for months or years. I don't know if this is still that or not. When I was sick twice this winter I think it was sickness. I felt better today and then worse after eating dinner tonight. My meds for this are not helping. I did have a horrible time with Anastrozole initially with GI issues but that calmed down eventually so who knows at this point. I am still on it and will remain for another 2 1/2 years at least. The idea of switching is not something I want to do as it took me so long to get used to this one.

I would appreciate your prayers. I have put into motion all the details to leave on Wed. I am praying that I will feel much better by time I get to my mom's. She has dementia and is still living alone at 91 for those of you who are new. It takes every ounce of energy when I am there and then some. I am praying for an influx of health and energy.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Thank you for your prayers. Just a quick note to tell you I made it to my mom's and I am feeling better. Having some internet issues at my mom's.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• ade
    edited March 2017

Thanks Joanne & Nancy. I hate to be a hypochondriac. When I got the sore lump between my scars last summer I got very nervous and had it removed plus a scar revision. It turned out to be only a festered suture that didn't get removed - which gave me relief but it's yet another medical bill. Guess I need to pray on this one.

Nancy I'm glad you're feeling better and pray you have a good visit with your mom. Gut misery is something I am familiar with having diverticulosis, spastic colon and a bleeding ulcer in the colon that acts up when I have the colon spasms. I take a generic of Bentyl when I have a spell and it helps tremendously. I pray there is something to relieve your discomfort. At what point might you consider some home healthcare visits for your mom since you can't be there everyday? I saw a story on CBN where coconut oil made an AMAZING difference in a dementia patient. It was miraculous.

Blessings to you all,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Ade, thank you for sharing your history. I took Bentyl years ago. I didn't realize that was still on the market. My GI issues were pretty much under control until I started my AI. Then last March things got really bad after a suspected food poisoning incident when I was at Navy Pier in Chicago.

I got to my mom's and realized I forgot my pillow that I always travel with. Between that and bad storms most of the night I got up around five and can't sleep because my GI issues came back with a vengeance.

Thanks for sharing about the coconut oil. I use a ton of it myself. I do lots of alternative meds and have known of it's benefit for many years. My HDL is unbelievable and I wonder if that is part of the reason. I did know some of the things about dementia but i didn't know about coconut oil. I will have to see how I could include that in my mom's diet.

We do have a senior agency that comes in but it is very minimal at this point. They come in to do light housework and her laundry. They are equipped to do more so I come live with my mom about four months out of the year to see how she is doing. Physically she had been doing well up until November. She is now using a walker which of course has greatly complicated things.

I am excited to hear about some positive prospects in this video as the meds for it are really not that effective and come with side effects. We opted to not even go that route since she has a history of colon problems too.

Well I need to try to get some sleep.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited March 2017

Nancy, I hope you can catch a nap so you're not dragging - that's no fun. Another thing that's helped my GI problems is Acidolphilus. It's helped James a lot too. I too believe that any natural thing we can take is far better than prescriptions. Not everything works on everybody of course. Blessings on your visit. :o)

Ade

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited March 2017

Hi All,

It has been a while since I have posted but read and pray often. Wanted to let you know that our Ministry is having a 7 day "Prayer Harvest Crusade" 3/26 - 4/2, where we are interceding for specific topics or what we are calling mountains that must be climbed or removed. Tonight I will pray for those on this site; however tomorrow we will pray over specific prayer request. If you have a prayer request that you want us to specifically pray for please PM me. It can be very specific request or even a general note to say pray for what God and I have been exchanging conversation about. As with intercession God will give us pinpoint accuracy for the person we are praying for.

The team is a strong team of prayer warriors that are focused on intercession. I was specifically lead to reach out to this group to request specific prayer request that we will pray over tomorrow.

I ask that you pray for me and my family it has been a rough 3 weeks for us. We lost two loved ones and both were in their early 50's. My uncle we laid to rest last week. My aunt we will lay to rest next week. (yes I have aunts and uncles who are not much older than me Happy).

Praying that my sisters are holding on to God's unchanging hand and continuing to draw on His power, peace and strength!

Love across the miles,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

Ade, I took Acidolphilus many years ago. I remember the name but not much else. That is a type of probiotic I believe. I am taking a couple of probiotics and a prebiotic but I am in a flare and right now nothing seems to be doing much. My gastro doctor is not in my new insurance so this is a dilemma of what to do. I can't do much while at my mom's. Hoping for a better night tonight.

Angie, I will be praying for your crusade. I am sorry for losses. That is hard to lose two family members in such a short time. I did send you a PM and hope I am not too late as I am just now seeing your post.

Take care.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2017

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited March 2017

These are the SUSAN G KOMEN tulips I bought a few years ago to honor friends with BC. My tablet doesn't have color correction...the tulips are supposed to be more fuscia (sp) colored. In bright, direct sunlight, they look more reddish.

Honoring ALL of us now. Keep me in prayer as I will get more radiation for the growing mets in my lower back and spine in the next couple of weeks.

Blessings,

Lita

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited April 2017

All thank you for your prayers for my family as we mourn and grieve the loss of our love ones. Although we miss them -- yet do we rejoice because they have made a peaceful transition to be with our Heavenly Father. I also wanted to let those know that I have picked up the prayer requests and we will be going before the throne of grace on your behalf this evening. I've also taken the liberty to scroll through the site and pulled some prayer request.

Nancy, love the banner.

Lita, beautiful tulips!

Love Across the miles,

Angie

• faith-840
    edited April 2017

Lita, sending prayers that the rads zap those mets and gives you major pain relief. The tulips are beautiful.

Nancy, I pray you are feeling a bit better and are able to get some sleep.

Angie, your prayer crusade sounds like a wonderful ministry. Thank you for praying for us, we all need prayers all the time. I'm also so sorry for your family losses. Sending prayers of healing and comfort.

Hope everyone has a peaceful and enjoyable weekend.

Hugs, Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Angie, continued prayers for your intercessory prayer crusade. Ongoing prayers in your losses.

Lita, beautiful tulips no matter what color they are. We will be praying for your upcoming radiation.

Faith, continued prayers for you in the loss of your dear friend.

I am feeling much better today and am so thankful for that. I forgot my pillow that I travel with all the time. I went out and bought one last night and got a great night's sleep. GI issues much improved. So thankful tonight.

I have had it on my heart for some time to post the promises of God as there as so many that we can hang onto in times of need. They give us hope that no matter what happens the Lord knows, cares and will provide a way through it if we trust in Him.

Jeremiah 29:11

1 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Joshua 1:9

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Psalm 27:1

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

This reminds me of the old hymn "Standing on the Promises"

Have a great evening dear ladies of faith.

Love

Nancy

• kae_md99
    kae_md99 Member Posts: 394
    edited April 2017

hi all,

just had my 3rd cycle of TCHP.my 8 yr old twins are sick with cough and colds,pls pray that i don't get it. we all have asthma. pls pray that my reflux and delayed gastric emptying will be better as i was hospitalized last time due to extreme pain and was unable to eat. By His stripes we are healed!Thank you sisters in Christ...Lord i believe please heal my unbelief....

by the way, my name is Kae, mother of boy and girl twins with autism,44 years old, a cardiac nurse, married to a nurse also. it has been tough for me lately due to bad reflux and delayed gastric emptying. my faith is really shaky at times when pain is bad. but lately, i have been blessed watching Nabeel Quereshi's ( sp) vlog ( diagnosed of stage 4 stomach cancer)and reading God's promises in the Bible.i read and pray aloud and this helps me somehow. it is my first time to post on this thread.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Welcome Kae,

I am sorry you are having such a time with gastric and reflux issues. Obviously you already have your hands full with autistic twins with coughs and colds. Lord we ask that you would put a hedge of protection around Kae so she does not get this sickness that would make things even more challenging for her. I personally think our faith is most tested during times of intense pain. Father, we ask that you would draw Kae close to you. Lord you know her suffering and you love her so much. Wrap your arms of comfort around her and we asked that you would allow her to tolerate the side effects so that these chemo drugs can do their intended work to stop these cancer cells in their tracks.

You are so young but we all know cancer is not a respecter of age or gender. Please feel free to post anytime. We have ladies that will pray and encourage you along the way. Try to stay as close to the Lord as you can as He is always there and will never leave or forsake you.

Love

Nancy

• kae_md99
    kae_md99 Member Posts: 394
    edited April 2017

Thank you Nancy...

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

You're welcome Kae.

More promises to stand on. Have a good evening dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

Psalm 37:4

4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Psalm 9: 9-10

9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited April 2017

Catching up with reading posts. Praise God all day, every day for His Grace He has given me. I am living my life to give to others and lift up as many people as I can.

Prayers for all of you and your individual needs. God is good.

Lynn