thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• dimetriamajor1
    dimetriamajor1 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2017

that amazing, I'm a Sunday school teacher, superintendent of Sunday school, Senior Ministry President and help will the duties of the church. When i was diagnosed, I was confused but by God Grace and mercy he said "he will never leave you or forsake you

• dimetriamajor1
    dimetriamajor1 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2017

Thanks to all, feel wanted an may the Lord Jesus wait over all

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited April 2017

Hi Ladies.

I have felt all your prayers. Back, hip, and upper thigh still painful, but I can at least STAND UP FOR MORE THAN 90 SECONDS now.

Hooray! RO said the full effects of radiation Tx may take several more weeks as the spots that were zapped continue to heal.

They are zapping L2 thru L5 in one continuous arc. So far, skin hasn't burned as much as the last time I had rads. But we shall see. The side effects are cumulative. So far, Zofran has been keeping the nausea at bay (and it has a slight constipating effect, too).

I also had a Zometa IV bone infusion yesterday afternoon. The full effects of that usually hit me on 2nd or 3rd day after. I'm hoping for the best.

Blessings, dear ones!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited April 2017

Ade, I am so glad to hear that James has an apt on Thursday. Will be praying for some answers and praying for solutions. Thank you for your nice comments.

Demetria, when I got my diagnosis I really thought I would be the last person to get cancer because I was doing so many of the "right" things. As we all know cancer is no respecter of persons. When I knew something was not right and when I was heading towards my breast biopsy and knew things were not good the Lord gave me a message. He said I will never leave you nor forsake you...........and he hasn't and will not for you either. I got another message a couple days later and He said "Wait and see what I am about to do for you." I was not used to getting messages like these and I knew they were from Him. My photography came out of my bc journey and I think that was one of the many things God is showing what He has in store for me. I believe that for each one of you as well.

Lita, praying that you will quickly recover from the SE's from the rads and praying against the pain and nausea.

Faith, how are you doing?

Mags, praying for you too and wondering how things are?

Aurora, praying you are still enjoying your mom's visit and praying you are feeling better.

I saw my eye doctor and my eyes were really off this time. He asked me if I had experienced any headaches and I was just about to ask him about headaches and dizziness. He said yes, this could very well be the problem. I will get my new glasses in a week. This afternoon after almost finishing the round of doctors (one more to go tomorrow) I felt such hope that so many of my physical challenges are being resolved that I felt a freedom that I haven't felt in a long time. Thanks for your prayers.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited April 2017

Lita, we're surely praying for you!

Nancy ~ I'm thanking the Lord for the renewed hope He has graciously given you. Praying the new glasses will solve at least one more malady for you.

I just wanted to share this bit of wonder from the Lord with all of you. He is a wonderful Heavenly Father to make flowers and birds, butterflies and sunsets to delight our hearts and lift our spirits. I praise His holy Name!

Blessings,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Ade, thanks for sharing that beautiful pic. You all or y'all have some beautiful sunsets. I guess that is why I am a nature photographer because I am so in awe of God' beautiful creations.

Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited April 2017

Thank you, Nancy, and all the prayer warriors. Got news today that my mouth surgery is scheduled for this Thursday in the early morning. It's impossible to know what the pain level will be; we know there are teeth where the nerves appear to be dead, but we don't know how extensive that is. It will be done at the same hospital as my mx, and under general anesthesia. Appreciate your prayer coverage.

Also, got a call from the scheduler at the cancer clinic about my oncologist appointment next Tuesday. They want me there earlier because he wants a full half hour with me. I just thought that sounded ominous.

Still, I will trust. My times are in his hands

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Mags, I will be praying for your surgery on Thursday. Also lifting you up for wisdom, courage and strength as you go into this MO apt next week.

Love,

nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited April 2017

Hello everyone! Lifting all of us in prayer for healing. I've enjoyed my mothers visit to the fullest degree! It's amazing how well she is inspite of her 84 years. I will miss her. She leaves Friday

Aurora

• Lita57
    edited April 2017

Mags, did they give you any pain meds to take b4 the mouth surgery? I've had multiple extractions, and if u have the analgesics in your system b4 hand, the pain management afterwards goes much easier.

Prayers for u, my dear.

• ade
    edited April 2017

Aurora - so glad for your great visit with your mom. We all need that bit of sunshine!

Mags, praying for the Lord to hold you tightly in His loving arms for your surgery and onc visit.

Lita, may the Lord ease your pain and discomfort and may the treatments do exactly what you're enduring them for.

Blessings upon your day!

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Aurora, so glad to hear you have enjoyed your mom's visit. Enjoy this last day or so with her.

Praying for you dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4 NIV

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2017

Nancy, so glad to hear things are improving for you. You've had a quite a rough time lately. You must be so relieved to get things under control before you go to your mother's house. I'm feeling pretty good, thanks for asking. More good news, my blood work came back "pretty good" according to my MO and my tumor markers are back in normal range. So, praise the Lord, for all good things.

Ade, thank you for your prayers always and for posting those beautiful sunset pictures. They are truly glorious and make you believe in the creator of such a beautiful earth.

Mags, praying for your successful surgery and quick healing.

Lita, keeping you always in prayer and may the radiation zap those mets and all your pain with them. You are truly an inspiration to all of us dealing with cancer with your upbeat attitude.

Demitria, welcome to this wonderful group of women of faith. May you find much peace and healing here.

May our dear Lord hear all our prayers and bring comfort to those most in need.

Love, Faith ( in the future).

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited April 2017

Mags, praying for you.

Demitria, welcome to this wonderful group of women whose faith runs strong and deep.

Aurora, so glad the visit with your mom was enjoyable!

Faith, praise God for the good report!

Love across the miles,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Faith, that is such great news. So glad to hear that. I am seeing my breast surgeon on Tuesday regarding this cyst. My pcp put in a request and asked that I be seen very soon and he didn't tell me until after he sent the request electronically. I had requested a consult only but if he could remove it then I wouldn't have this hanging over my head wondering if it was going to be infected again. I can't really tell if the cortisone shots in my hand is working yet or not. I did resume swimming today so that felt like getting back to my normal routine a bit.

Mags, I have prayed for you off and on all day for pain control. Praying you are resting comfortably with good pain meds.

Angie, I've been praying for your ministry which sounds exciting and very needed.

I found out a good friend of mine has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I am not sure if this is public knowledge and I won't say her name but would appreciate prayers for her.

I found out tonight that a former coworker who is also a breast cancer survivor has been in treatment for lymphoma. Her name is Nancy. If you have a chance to lift these ladies up in prayer I am sure they would appreciate it.

I was walking along this lake this evening trying to find some baby geese my photographer friend saw. Burrrrrr. It feels like winter again.

Have a good evening dear sisters. I never found the baby geese so I thought I would post this pic again. LOL

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited April 2017

Marvelous are Thy works. Ps. 139:14 KJV

This is Gorilla Mt. just down the road from us. (Taken tonight from my porch)

James' test results have stumped the doctors - STILL no diagnosis. Just have to live with fevers but he will try Predisone next bout and another medication was changed so I hope this will eliminate his bad fatigue & dizziness and slow the migraines too.

Nancy, praying for your friend and your co-worker tonight. Glad you're a happy swimmer once again.

May you all have a sweet sleep tonight.

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Ade, thank you for your prayers. I sure am sorry to hear the doctors don't have an answer. Many years ago I had so many things wrong with me and a nurse friend suggested I go to Mayo Clinic. I did that and stayed a week and one BIG problem was solved immediately and I got at least answers to other things but no real treatment for some of my issues on other things. I don't know if that is feasible for you but just a suggestion. I know Mayo has more than the MN clinic but not sure if there is one in you general area or not. I will continue to pray for answers.

I have a pretty drastic change in my glasses prescription and I have been plagued by bad headaches and dizziness. My eye doctor asked me about that before I even told him. I will get my new glasses soon and will be anxious to see if it helps. Any chance that James eye's need correcting. I know that wouldn't solve everything but maybe the headaches and dizziness.

Your pic is gorgeous.

Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• kae_md99
    kae_md99 Member Posts: 394
    edited April 2017

Ladies, may i ask for prayers? MRI on monday. i pray that no cancer cells will be seen.Thank you and goodnight!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Kae, joining with you in prayer that you will get a GOOD report with your MRI on Monday.

Have a good night.

Love

Nancy

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2017

Praying for you all as you face the challenges life has handed each of us. Even before cancer we have all been through a few wringers in life; I thought my faith was so strong but have been humbled more than once in seeing that I struggle in my walk with the Lord. I am not kidding, before menopause I really think I was probably a bit sweeter hahahahah. If I am not careful I can concentrate on everything but Him and my emotions are in the driver's seat with everything that really is not as important as I make it. While some of you may have more advanced cancers, harrowing issues you may not even share, know that I pray for you (thanks to post it notes since my memory is not as good as it used to be).

Asking God to help you through every little and big thing you are dealing with today, praying that nothing gets more power over your joy than it deserves!

Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in well doing, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

I have posted this before but I think it could easily be repeated and encouraging.

Have a great weekend dear sisters. Praying for your individual needs.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    edited April 2017

Love it, Nancy!

• ade
    edited April 2017

Kae, I pray for GOOD news which is NO cancer cells for you!

Yes Nancy, the VA has been sending James notices to get his eyes checked but it is 3 hours away and until we get the bald tires replaced we don't dare go far. My B-day's next week and I asked the kids for $$ toward tires instead of a gift so we can get James to the VA center. One of his meds can cause fatigue & dizziness and the doc took him off that and prescribed Amitryptalin (Elavil) for preventing migraines & headaches. It cut my migraine numbers in half years ago. It'd cost a LOT to get him to the Mayo Clinic and as most of you are facing we have a heap of medical bills. (But I'd LOVE to do that!) We do have a holistic clinic in town that I'd love to take him to but he was an RN and they're steeped in traditional medicine. We won't give up. God has answers. We shall call the emergency numbers you shared! :0)

Blessings,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Praying for you all and that He will meet you at your point of need.

Ade, praying for answers and provision. Has James been tested for Lyme Disease? Lupus?

I believe this scripture with all my heart no matter what the present circumstances may be.

Love

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2017

Just sitting quietly this Sabbath moring praying for peace between daughter and granddaughter. Enjoying the quiet and the little sprig of Azalea in a water glass on the endtable. I wish yoiu all a blessed day. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2017

Jean, I have been noticing how beautiful the azaleas are this spring. You must have a beautiful one too as the sprigs are beautiful. Lord we give you this family relationship challenge and we pray that your wisdom and peace and direction will prevail. Help the involved persons guard their hearts and chose their words carefully.

We are expecting Noah's Ark to come by any time nowWinking Yes, we are getting lots of rain.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited May 2017

Jean, the azalea must bring joy to your heart! So beautiful! I AMEN to Nancy's prayer for reconciliation between your daughter and grandaughter. May the Lord allow them to see each other as HE sees them, through loving eyes.

Nancy, we cling to those beautiful verses with the hope of eternity with Him and the assurance of His love. Beautiful posters!

Yes James has been tested for Yellow Fever, Dengue Fever, Lyme, Lupus, and more than I even know about! The Dr. said that his C Reactive Protein was the highest he has EVER seen meaning he has a whopping reaction to inflammation when he has those high fevers. We just don't know what's CAUSING the inflammation. He thought of cancer and an autoimmune disease but said that since this has gone on for YEARS he'd be dead by now if it was those - and the off and on nature of it doesn't make sense if it was these life threatening things. Since we can't get to a Mayo I would LIKE to get him to the holistic clinic. I read a book about how when traditional medicine uses pharmaceuticals almost exclusively, (these treat SYMPTOMS rather than CAUSES) these folks can use other tested means with great results. EVEN WITH CANCER!!! They know what it takes for the body to heal itself. But like I said - he's a nurse so thinks it's all nonsense. (Wouldn't you think by now he'd want to at least look into it?) :o)

Praying you all have a blessed week of His peace and comfort and a real sense of His love for you and His presence with you.

Blessings,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2017

Mae, praying for a good MRI result today.

Mags, praying for your MO visit tomorrow. Praying you are feeling better from your aural surgery. Praying for peace, strength and courage to hear what they have to say.

Lita, praying that each day you feel a little before as you recover from rads.

Pray for Joanne.

Ade, I see an alternative doctor. He was a traditional MD for 16 years so I feel comfort in that. I also have a traditional pcp and sometime it is an uncomfortable marriage that I have to somehow navigate. Do they agree on things.... absolutely not and then I have to pray for direction and see how I am doing. The downside is that even though my alt doc is held in high esteem and he tells me many people in the medical profession see him secretly he is extremely expensive and does not deal with any insurance nor medicare. When I was still teaching I spent $600-800 a month out of pocket but I will say that I don't think I would have made it to retirement otherwise. I have seen him for 13 years and I have had to cut way back on things with him. I know he specializes in cases where traditional medicine has failed and that was certainly my case. I will pray for answers for James whether they come from this doctor or some other source.

We are expecting another day of rain. There is already flooding in some areas. I am back to not swimming because of this cyst starting to drain again. UGH Please pray that these cortisone shots will work. I have glimmers of hope and then it seems like I am right back to where I started. I see a surgeon for the cyst on Tuesday but I have been told he only removes on outpatient basis which probably means I will have to wait until June since I will be at my mom's for three weeks and am leaving next Wed.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    edited May 2017

Glad I was able to make it to church yesterday. It was a wonderful service on Acts. 1) Some of the pastor's points were that waiting is very hard...we can't schedule when the Lord will "heal" us. 2) God speaks to us EVEN THRU OUR AFFLICTIONS and pain. 3) All of our "acts" work together in synchronicity to help change a broken world.

The choir's anthem "Because He Lives" also deeply touched me:

And then one day I'll cross that river, I'll fight life's final war with pain. And then as death gives way to victory, I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives. Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone; because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living just because He lives!

Yes, we are blessed, even in our pain, because our Jesus lives...[Our] redeemer lives!

Still fighting radiation fatigue, but it will get better with each passing day.

Have a great week everyone.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited May 2017

Amen! Yo what Lita wrote!