thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited May 2017

Thank you Joanne. I need to be continually reminded of this.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited May 2017

Ade you should title that pic "OH DEAR" LOL

I love this Psalm.

I hope everyone is having a good week. I am praying for you dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

Psalm 8[a]

For the director of music. According to gittith.[b] A psalm of David.

1 Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory
    in the heavens.
    2 Through the praise of children and infants
    you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
    to silence the foe and the avenger.
    3 When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
    4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?[c]

5 You have made them[d] a little lower than the angels[e]
    and crowned them[f] with glory and honor.
    6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their[g] feet:
    7 all flocks and herds,
    and the animals of the wild,
    8 the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea,
    all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited May 2017

Our 2 year old grandbaby, Addison, found a Childrens Tylenol bottle yesterday afternoon and emptied it. Was "watched" in our local ER for HOURS - then finally air lifted to Lubbock Childrens Hospital & admitted to ICU. She has not had a wet diaper since so they're keeping her another night. Marissa flew in the helicopter with her but Aaron had to drive the 5 hour trip with the 2 older grandaughters - arriving after 2 a.m. Prayers are certainly appreciated! Thanks!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited May 2017

Addison is in my prayers. My Lord, that's scary!!! Yes, indeed, too much Tylenol can shut down one's kidneys and wreak havoc on the liver.

Praying for a full recovery!

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2017

Lord, we pray for little Addison in this tragic Tylenol accident. We pray that you will give the medical team your divine wisdom in treating her. We pray that her bodily functions will return to normal and that there will be no long term damage from this unfortunate situation. I pray for the whole family. I pray you would give them an extra portion of your grace and strength. I pray against the enemy who would love to create chaos with guilt and condemnation. I pray Lord that you would counteract those attempts with your presence and your unfailing love in all situations. I pray for Ade that you would give her peace and trust in you. We know that nothing is worse than feeling helpless when our loved ones are suffering. That is when you are the strongest in our weakness. I pray that there would be total dependence on you in this scary situation. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Love

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited May 2017

Oh Lord our prayers are with little Addison and with our sister Adde please help the physicians in charge of little Addie's case please put your loving healing hands on her little body and lift her from her bed! You lifted the sick while you were on earth and you still have the power and love to heal! Please Lord we ask in your precious name Lord Jesus amen!

Ade, will keep praying for the little one and for the whole family. Hang in there!

Aurora

• ade
    edited May 2017

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR PRAYING!!! LOOKS LIKE THE PRAYERS ARE BEING ANSWERED - TO HIS GLORY!

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited May 2017

Ade, I will keep your family in my prayers.

• auroaya
    edited May 2017

Amen! Glory to God!

Aurora

• Lita57
    edited May 2017

Praise Jesus for Addison!

My scan was good and bad, as anticipated when one is stage 4. Lots of uptake in the left underarm lymph nodes, more mets to ribs and the lumbar spine is still active as well. Dr is staying the course with Xeloda for now though because she doesn't think it warrants going on to the heavy duty stuff just yet. At least I'm walking better, and it's all about quality of life when one is stage 4.

Peonies are in full bloom now....they did not bloom at all last year when I was first Dx'd.image

• intolight
    edited May 2017

Praise God for the great news about Addison! I am enjoying the extra flowers in California this year. My saying this year is "Celebrate the Joy!"

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited May 2017

Ade, continue to pray for your grand daughter and you and the parents. At the same time giving thanks that she is better.

• ade
    edited May 2017

UPDATE FROM ADDI'S MOM (Our daughter-in-love) THANK YOU AGAIN FOR PRAYING - BLESS YOUR HEARTS!

"Her liver is awesome and all of her levels look great! Thank you Lord!!! We are being sent home today! Addi is eating breakfast for the first time in two days and is pretty perky! Thank you for your prayers!"💜

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2017

Lord, we thank you for answered prayers for little Addison. God has a plan for all of us and some of us may not get a quick answer to our prayers as we would like but that doesn't take away from the plans He has for us. He is good all the time because he is doing a work in each of us. He is refining us for His glory and that refining and molding into the women He wants us to become can mean suffering for a time. Some of us will experience healing on this earth and some will experience it in the after life. We must trust Him. If we can pray that what we want is the same as what He wants for us then that idea of dying to self can really take place.

God bless you dear sisters and rejoice in what God has done and is doing.

Love

Nancy

• ade
    edited May 2017

Beautiful prayer & banner, Nancy.

Thank you all again for your prayers for Addison - she is headed back home as I write. She, at the age of TWO, was able to open the CHILD PROOF bottle of Childrens Tylenol in her mom's purse! Just a heads up for those with little ones & grandchildren. We are just so grateful for God's mercy.

Blessings upon your day dear sisters,

Ade

• auroaya
    edited May 2017

Thank you God for healing little Addie! Please continue to heal her and I pray that our children represented here be kept "safe" from any of our prescriptions. As a side note my last job was with Walgreens and they said Walgreens was the first to come up with child proof bottles. My lawyer daughter says they probably came up with it after being sued by the parents of some sick child. So I try to keep my prescriptions out of reach of my 5 yr old grandson but it's always something in my mind

• lohoff
    lohoff Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2017

I'm probably not the first person, nor will I be the last one to admit that my faith has faltered in the last couple of weeks. I just can't see the purpose in what I am going through. 😪 Praying that God understands . . .

• intolight
    edited May 2017

Iohoff,

You are not alone in asking why and doubting while in the valley. And that is ok. Jo-5 is right that God is with us as much in the valley as He is with us in our times of joy, because He never leaves us. We all go through this; I know I have. What happens to us on earth is not a response to our faith, but rather our faith is strengthened as a response to what happens to us. I don't understand either, but I know that I have grown closer to God than I ever was before my diagnosis one year ago tomorrow, and I consider myself a faithful Christian. I also believe that God wants us to encourage each other as we are doing here. I will add you to my prayer list, that your faith may be full (Ephssians 3).

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a]in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

• Lita57
    edited May 2017

Iohoff, I hear your pain and doubt. It is very hard.

My mom came down with soft tissue sarcoma (a rare, aggressive cancer) when I was in elementary school. She never smoked, drank or did drugs. She died from it in her 40s.

Why? I don't know. And now here I am, Dx'd with STAGE 4 from the get go out of no where. Why? I don't know.

Please know that God does not PUNISH us with these diseases. We live in a fallen world, and from the moment of our conception, our bodies are programmed to betray us and eventually self destruct. And then we die. Not a happy thought, but for those who BELIEVE, this life on earth is only short and temporary. Boot camp, if you will. Our TRUE eternal homes are with our Lord and Savior.

I have Stage 4, but it does not define my existence. Many new Tx are keeping me alive for many more months than my mom had. My cancer is NOT her cancer. Her experience will not be my experience.

Do I cry and mourn who I used to be? HELL YEAH! It's a part of the process. I went thru shock for the first 3 mos after my Dx. I couldn't even journal about Mr. Cancer...I didn't want to write about it cuz that would make it REAL. I didn't even join this forum until I was 4 mos out cuz i didn't want to deal with it.

Everyone has to go thru their own experience. I absolutely HATE IT when people call it their "journey." I certainly didn't call up a travel agent and book a trip for this hell-on-earth adventure.

Elizabeth Kubler-Ross has written a lot about grief and the steps one goes thru: denial, anger, bargaining, despair, and finally acceptance. You don't go thru the steps in order. You often revisit them. I still get angry from time to time, but I have finally come to terms with it and accepted it.

I pray that you will eventually find peace. Give yourself all the time and space you need to process all the emotions. We are here for you when you need to vent.

Lita

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2017

IN MEMORY OF LUCY AND STEVE ELLYSON

They loved to go camping.

A loving and happy couple. Together forever now. They both passed away about a week apart last May.

I think they were soulmates on this earth and now forever.

Lucy had a phenomenal attitude as she dealt with her stage 4 cancer. When she found out Steve also had cancer and was given a short time to live it was certainly a tough time for them. I wanted to remember them today as she was such a vital part of this thread and was always so supportive to everyone and always so positive. Her smile could light up a room.

Thinking of them and of their family who sustained such a great loss in such a short time.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2017

I will write more tomorrow. I have been gone most of the day and evening. We visited my mom's sister and and I know it is really hard for my aunt to see my mom looking more frail and tired. It is very sad to see this slow deterioration. I am praying for wisdom.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2017

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited May 2017

Good morning dear ladies. I haven't been posting as much as I'm trying to spend some time off the cancer planet. I do read everyday and pray as I read the requests. You ladies have been a very important support to me during this whole journey. Thank God for each one of you and I am very grateful for this site. May God bestow His healing, grace and mercy upon each one of you this day. Love, Jean

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited May 2017

Good morning dear ladies, I could just say ditto to Jean's post. I've also been trying to stay away from the cancer planet but reading and praying along for all the many needs here.

I've come back to ask for your prayers once again. We have just attended one of our granddaughters college graduations which was a very long rainy day with 2 1/2 hrs drive on either end. While I'm grateful to have been there, we have two more to go and I could use some prayers. We are flying to Boise on Wednesday for another granddaughter's grad. then returning on Sunday and then driving six hrs. to Cincinnati for a grandson's graduation on that following Friday. I'm grateful to still be here for them but I'm not feeling very well lately. I don't think it's so much the cancer as it is my allergies since I've got lots of sinus pressure and some dizziness probably related to medications. Of course, all of the above is giving me a little anxiety too so I would be most grateful for your prayers to get me through the next two weeks. I'm just not the best of travelers.

Thank you all so much, I am so grateful to be able to come here to ask for help and tell others my fears who will understand. No one gets itlike those who are also doing battle with the devil and his cancer.

Love, Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2017

Lohoff, I pray that God will give you peace and that He will show Himself strong to you. The ladies have given you some good advice. I have found that when I am really in a tough place God never fails to show up when I cry out to Him and ask to feel His presence and his love. The thing is He is always right there with us. All we need to do is cry out to Him and He will answer. For myself that sometimes takes awhile for me to stop trying to figure things out and stop spinning my wheels so that I can actually hear what God has to say. I have to come to the end of myself and take my eyes off my problems and put my eyes on Jesus and that seems to be the way it works for me. I pray that you will come to a place of peace and freedom from fear. I pray that your faith will be strengthened during this time.

Lita, I love you peonies. Hope you are gaining strength in your radiation recovery and pray that the fatigue and pain are manageable.

Aurora, hope you are doing okay with your treatments. I hope your mom made it home safely and I bet you miss her.

Hershey, did you have your MO apt to get some answers?

Teka, I saw what I think was an Indigo Bunting at a nature preserve when walking. I was so excited. I thought it was a bluebird but after looking up some pics online I think it was a I. bunting and this is the right time for their migration.

Angie, how are you doing? How is the ministry with the young people? I know that Jesus is the answer and I hope their hearts are open to hear the ONE message than can completely transform their lives.

Joanne, I love that banner. God is only a prayer away. Praying for the upcoming trial.

Intolight, thanks for your encouraging posts. How are you doing?

Jean, glad to hear from you. I was just thinking of you last night and was going to ask how you are doing so I was glad to see your post today. How is your recovery coming along? Alexia?

Faith, your schedule makes me tired to just read your post. To have allergy issues and your SE's from your treatments all rolled into one makes for a big challenge. I pray that God will give you an extra portion of His strength and grace as you go through these long days of travel and long ceremonies. Praying that you can get some allergy relief soon.

Ade, I hope that little Addison is home safe and sound now and doing great. I can't imagine the relief that her family feels and I am sure a huge relief for her Grandma as well! How are you doing?

Have a good week dear sisters. Continued prayers for your needs.

Love

Nancy

• ade
    edited May 2017

James & I took our first train ride ever on the overnight to San Antonio Saturday night. It may be fun in the daytime but it's IMPOSSIBLE to sleep on one! After 8 1/2 long hours we arrived at 4:50 a.m., saw a Dennys and walked there for breakfast. Called a cab and arrived at the Courtyard Marriott on the Riverwalk around 7. They don't open the rooms until 3.p.m. and we were totally exhausted so we asked the desk attendant to please notify us of the first available room and she was so very kind and helpful. We relaxed a bit in the lounge and an hour later they told us we could have a room! (They were completely booked the previous night so none were available when we'd first asked.)

To our amazement when we got to the 14th floor room it was the UPGRADE one with balcony overlooking the city and Riverwalk! A woman in hotel security had made the room up herself as she used to be a housekeeper there! She even made towel swans and put them on our bed! HOW KIND WAS THAT! We had told them that this was our 45th wedding anniversary trip (we started our marriage in San Antonio) and that evening the desk clerk sent us up a sweet note, slice of decadent chocolate cake with strawberries, candied pecans, chocolate drizzle and a bottle of Chardonnay! We were completely blown away! What an awesome place & staff!!!!

We had picked out on the internet 3 used cars to test drive. Took a cab to the first lot and the 2 were NOT as advertised. Another cab to the 2nd lot - same thing! We just petitioned the Lord for His help for there we were, stranded. Then the Lord gave James the idea to go get a rental car. Another cab ride $$$$ and we rented a little car to drive to Military Drive where we remembered there were plenty of car lots. I "happened" to see a nice looking little car on the corner of a car lot and James turned the car around to look at it. It was RIGHT in our price range and what we were looking for. The owner however said that his brother-in-law wanted it as of 4 days ago and he couldn't sell it. :o( He tried to call him over & over - no answer. :oD Finally he said we could test drive it and we did. Then we said we had half down in cash & could put the rest on our credit card. He said he couldn't do that so we asked if they'd finance the rest - nope, they don't do THAT either. We were feeling pretty let down & VERY tired by now and the dealer suggested we could go down to the nearby bank & get a cash advance. We'd never done that before but agreed to try. Well at the bank the card wouldn't work! Finally the teller asked to see the card and then told us they don't TAKE Discover!!! Now what! James found his Mastercard and that did work. Took the cash back to the dealer and WE BOUGHT THE CAR and drove it home that night.

I am still SOOO tired but rejoicing in the evidence of the Lord's hand in this whole trip. He is so good and we are so very grateful! Just wanted to share this blessing with you ladies and give God the glory! (Plus on Friday James & I celebrate 45 years of marriage and we're extremely thankful for each other and God's goodness!)

Blessings,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2017

• auroaya
    edited May 2017

Happy Anniversary Ade! And glad everything worked fine with little Addie. Nancy thank you for asking my mom did make it home without a hitch but I want to ask for ongoing prayers for her because she lives alone and is 84 and prone to accidents. Also please pray for me as I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea and June 8 tho I'll have a study where they'll take measures for a CPAP machine which is a machine that pushes air through my nostrils and the pictures I've seen look very uncomfortable . This on top of my ongoing chemo! I've started praying for God to grant me peace with this new treatment (the machine).

As always my prayers are for all of you each time I read the posts.

Aurora

• intolight
    edited May 2017

Ade: Sounds like an exhausting trip, but glad the Lord was with you and you found your car. Happy belated anniversary!

Nancy: Thank you for asking. I am doing ok I think. My edema has improved some but I have had a couple of days of extra fatigue. My onc is not overly concerned as everything else is within acceptable range, so she does not want to see me until August after my next scan. I take that as good news. We are planning a road trip mid-July so I am praying that I will feel enough to enjoy it all.

Iohoff: I am praying for you daily. Check in and let us know how you are feeling.

Thanks all,
    Chris

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited May 2017

Nancy, thanks for thinking of me. Recovery is going well. I am supposed to be cleared to drive tomorrow. My granddaughter Alexia is in Georgia with her birth brother and sister that she hadn't seen in 14yrs since her adoption. Looking forward to her return Saturday. I will be taking care of her daughter Sunday morning g so my daughter and soninlaw can attend my grandsons college graduation. Exciting times with many changes. I am trying to turn it all over to Jesus aND leave it there. Still reading and praying here . Love, Jean