thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited June 2017

We need rain so badly - but the dust makes some nice sunsets!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited June 2017

Ade, I think anything that blocks estrogen from doing it's normal function in our bodies is going to cause insomnia just as that is a problem for women going through menopause. The difference there is that our AI's block the adrenal glands from producing estrogen so I am deducting that those of us on those drugs have less estrogen that women going through menopause minus bc . But...........what do I know........I am a musician and a budding photographer. LOL

Lita, I have three containers with begonias. I will have to take some pics of those and post for you.

Today I am using Ade's beautiful picture for this verse. I would be really talented if I could write this verse on HER picture. LOL

Have a good day dear ladies. We have had storms for quite a few days but could use the rain.

Love,

Nancy

Psalm 19[a]

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited June 2017

Ladies, a very good Christian friend of mine was dxd with tumors on her esophagus a year ago, the same week I was dxd with bc. She has gone through a year of difficult chemo but it has not worked. Yesterday they discovered during surgery that her tumors also involved her heart and aorta. She is in ICU today. Please pray for Pat and her family during this time. Survivor grief is real and difficult, but I have faith in a loving God that He will hold and comfort her and her precious family. I post this asking for special prayers.

Thanks. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Father, we lift up Chris's good friend, Pat who is in ICU. We pray that you and your presence will be felt in that hospital room and in the waiting room especially in the hearts of Pat, her family and her friends. Lord, we do not understand your ways and we don't understand the suffering that happens on this earth but we know you have a divine plan for each one of us. I pray that if this is Pat's last days on this earth that you would comfort her in her pain and suffering and I pray that you would be right there where she can see you helping her to transition from this life to the next unless you choose to heal her instantly of this disease. I pray for Chris who is grieving for her good friend. You know our grief is hard but I pray that Chris can feel you walking her through this difficult time. I pray for her as well and I am still believing with her in her healing. I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited June 2017

Amen. Chris as soon as I read the post I prayed for every one affected. Nancys prayer speaks from the heart and I second her.

Aurora

• intolight
    edited June 2017

Thank you Nancy and Aurora. Your words mean a lot to me today. This is too tough a journey to travel alone.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2017

Chris, I am also saying amen to Nancy's beautiful prayer for your friend, her family and for you also. I recently lost a very dear friend to cancer and know a little of the pain in your heart. May our Dear Lord be with all of you.

Nancy, I pray your surgery site is healing well and the pain is better.

Jean, your great granddaughter is precious. What a great picture.

Ade, love your beautiful sunset pictures but I'd like to give you a little bit of our rain as it's making our mold counts go way up and doing a number on my allergies and sinuses.

Hugs and prayers for everyone,

Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

• intolight
    edited June 2017

Thank you everyone for your prayers for Pat. She has been moved from ICU to a regular room but no further news.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

God does not ask us to muster up this strength on our own. He is not asking us to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps. He gives us His strength through the Holy Spirit to come and lift us when our own strength has failed. Sometimes just whispering Jesus I need you now is all we need to do if that is all we have to give.

His Word is full of promises.... His strength is made perfect in our weakness. He will never leave or forsake us. He is our strong tower and mighty fortress. We can rest in the shadow of His wings.

Some of you may be hanging on now and this banner and these words are for you.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited June 2017

Thank you Pat, I needed this. I am still praying for the healing for your wound. Getting a Zometa infusion this morning...

• faith-840
    edited June 2017

This is a prayer that I say everyday and I think it's good for everything when it's really hard to pray sometimes. Just ask Jesus to help

"Jesus help me, your servant whom you have redeemed by your Precious Blood.

In every need let me come to you with humble trust saying Jesus help me

In all my doubts, perplexities and temptations Jesus help me

In hours of loneliness, weariness and trial Jesus help me

In the failure of my plans and hopes Jesus help me

In disappointments, troubles and sorrows Jesus help me

When I throw myself on your tender love as a Father and a Saviour Jesus help me

When I feel impatient and my cross is heavy Jesus help me

When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot do their work Jesus help me

Always, always, in joys or sorrows, in falls and short-comings Jesus help me and never forsake me. Amen."

Have a good night everyone.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future)

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited June 2017

Thanks...great prayer!

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Great words of wisdom from the banner Joanne posted and from Faith's prayer.

Thank you Chris. My incision started profusely bleeding yesterday so I have to be back on another antibiotic and now back on bandages where my neighbor has to come over to do that for me. I am sure God is trying to teach me many lessons in this whole ordeal. I am glad Pat made it to a regular hospital room. I am sure the family is worn out and I imagine she is wondering what God is doing in her life now. Continued prayers for Pat and her family and for you.

I have been praying against situations that can steal my joy such as people cutting you off in traffic or tailgating when someone thinks when you go the speed limit you are going too slow. I am sure we could come up with hundreds of these types of situations .

Today did not get started at all the way I had hoped so I was already annoyed at the day passing and not getting things done as I had planned. I did finally make it to the grocery store and I have to ask for help loading cases of water in my cart and then out to my car because of the incision. As this guy was helping me out and walking through the parking lot I asked him how long he had worked at the store. He said it was his first day on the job. He was in high school and a nice young man. When he lifted one of the cases into my car he flipped the rotisserie chicken in a plastic bag upside down and it came out of the bag and spilled the juice everywhere............on his pants, on my car and inside my trunk. The crazy thing is he was totally oblivious to what had just happened. I am sure he had this juice all over his pants. God was giving me another opportunity to not have my joy stolen but to see the comedy in the whole scene. When i got home there was chicken broth on the other bags, on my door knob and it was just a total mess. I said this is not going to steal my joy. This guy will learn alot from these things as we all do when we are leaning new things. I am now thinking of the whole scene and laughing about it now.

I start on a new antibiotic tomorrow and praying I will tolerate this one. I am not sure why my surgeon changed the one I was one but he did.

Have a good evening dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• intolight
    edited June 2017

Jo and Faith, I love your banners and words of encouragement.

Nancy, I retired from 20 years as a grocery clerk/night manager before I went into education, and can laugh with your experience. I would love to read about first day experiences for bag handlers...I hope you had enough energy to replace the chicken! I am fortunate that I can usually take my daughter with me shopping every week but of course we have a 2-year-old in tow. She provides her own antics!

I had a Zometa infusion yesterday and am going to brave the Del Mar Fair today. So far this morning my aches are minimal and I will be sure and have Imodium on hand, so I am hoping all will be well. Thanks for your prayers. They are supposed to let Pat go home today although her DH won't let anyone call. Don't know what that is about...but I am thankful for her progress and your prayers.

I read the daily blessing from Susie Larson every morning. Her words encourage me. Here is the link for today... https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#inbox/15cd433a4f1ee8d7 It ends with "Walk blessed today, because you are you!"

Blessings and prayers,

Chris

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited June 2017

Nancy praying that your wound closes up nicely and avoid any kind of infection, in Jesus name Amen.

Aurora

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited June 2017

Praying that you get a break, Nancy. This has been dragging on for weeks.

• ade
    edited June 2017

Beautiful prayer Faith! Thank you!

Appreciate the encouraging words Nancy and we all pray for complete swift healing for your incision. Glad you didn't take out your frustration on the kid - at least he was trying to keep a job. I think these are little character tests for us. I had a customer chew me out lately for something that was entirely her fault for not bothering to read my listing and she gave me a bad public feedback for it (I have over 9,000 - 100% - POSITIVE GOOD feedbacks til now). I have to choose not to react to this and remember Whose I am.

May actually get some RAIN (what's THAT!) today.

Blessings to you all. Jesus is near.

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Good evening ladies. I am just now having a chance to post. It has been a long day but doing better.

Joanne, love the banners. Love that butterfly quote and banner. I have seen many pill containers lately and I would like a prescription for THAT one. I told my allergy nurse today that I am so DONE with this cyst drama. I said if I don't get back to my swimming I am either going to look for a very tall building or I am might kill someone! She said I am glad to see you still have your sense of humor. I have had this same nurse for 35 years so she knows me well.

Chris, the chicken remained in it's plastic container so I was still able to keep it. Instead of eating it plain it might more appropriately be used in a tossed saladHappy. I am not familiar with Zometa but I hope you were able to go to the fair without any emergencies! Pleasant distractions are so good for our souls. I hope you had a good time.

Lita, as I was watering my yellow begonias tonight I thought I need to get my camera out here soon and take some pics and post them for you. I never got to finish the last of my planting and may not at this point so I have lots of yellow in this one area of my patio. Oh well. I like yellow!

Aurora, thank you. When are you going to get your CPAP device. I know you mentioned later in June and I am thinking this is about the time. Praying it all goes well.

Faith, praying for allergy relief and that your efforts to help will pay off.

Ade, for some reason in our human nature it is easy for us to dwell on that one tiny speck of negative in a sea of positives. I pray that the Lord will give you the grace and wisdom in processing this unfortunate situation. Whenever we are dealing with people no matter if it is in person or in cyberspace there are bound to be conflicts. One thing that helps me is realizing that this person maybe really hurting and taking it out on you...........kind of like the proverbial having a bad day at work and coming home and kicking the dog. Kudos for having so many positive reviews.

Chris I am going to check out that link in a minute. Thanks for posting that.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2017

Good morning dear ladies. The sun is shining through the window. So beautiful. I woke at 5:30 this morning and came down as my hip was very sore. My hip replacement is going well but sleeping is still a bit of an issue. Nancy, I pray that your incision will fully heal soon and you will get some relief. I pray in Jesus name for all the ladies here who have started treatment. I pray for those in stage 4. May God need all of your needs today. Please continue to pray for my grandson Bob who has yet to get a job after having graduated college a month ago. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

• faith-840
    edited June 2017

Good morning dear ladies, I just felt the need to share the readings that we have this weekend. They really spoke to my heart and I pray they will to your also.

PS 69, V-17. " Answer me Lord inyour generous love, in your great mercy turn to me."

MT 10 V- 26-33. This basically says, "Do Not Be Afraid, I am with you always ".

I continue to pray for all your needs here and I thank you for all your prayers also. I'm still dealing with thesecrazy allergies but some days are better than others, so I always have hope that "this too shall pass"..

Have a blessed day, everyone.

Love, Faith

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2017

please pray for my granddaughter Alexia. She has court today about custody of her daughter Valentina. Thank you love Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Thanks for sharing those scriptures Faith. His word is powerful for any of our challenges and situations.

Jean, I have prayed for a job for your grandson and for this court today. Let us know how things work out.

I was able to get out and do some things this weekend. I went to an outdoor concert with a few of my friends and was able to make it to church. Yesterday afternoon I was completely done it. Even though I was worn out today I went to the out of town butterfly house for the first time. I just need to get some strength back. It was such a nice cool day everyone decided to visit the butterfly house as well! It was good to get out and hopefully my incision will heal in the near future so I can get back to my exercising.

I have been praying for all of you and I hope that everyone is doing well. Those in treatments praying for manageable side effects. I know many of you are dealing with constant pain and fatigue and I am especially praying for those needs.

Have a great evening dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited June 2017

Good evening dear sisters in Christ! Our friend from seminary (he's in his late 50's, working toward a doctoral divinity degree; his dissertation is on the Good Samaritan) stayed the weekend, and though we intended to do some fun things, we did very little and the best times talking and eating and praying together. Our church is basically his home church, so he got to connect with some old friends and participate in some awesome worship on Sunday. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant on Friday, and when Maria learned what I've been going through with my teeth, she brought me some wonderful chicken tortilla soup - filled with shredded chicken and tender vegetables, and her delicious flan for dessert. I just now finished eating my leftover soup.

I had the posts implanted for the implant-retained dentures on Thursday. Our friend drove me there and afterward we had a quick lunch at a local fast food place that he grew up with. Fortunately the Novocain didn't wear off until after lunch, because when it did it wasn't gradual. And it was really bad. (I wonder if I've already told you all this but I don't have the energy to check!)

He and DH spent considerable time in prayer for me this weekend, for which I am grateful.

Uh-oh, battery is at 10%! Later!

• ade
    edited June 2017

Mags - so sorry for your dental ordeal. Praying for pain relief and that the implants will will go well for you.

Nancy - happy you could eat your chicken and enjoy the butterflies - maybe swimming is sooner than you think! Hope your incision's better too. (I prayed for the nasty lady online - she just needs Jesus.) :o)

NO MORE LETROZOL - NO MORE EXEMESTANE - NO MORE TOMOXIFEN! I am free and will not miss the side effects that have made this past year so miserable. My oncologist is ok with this and I feel good about finally making this decision.

Praying you all have a blessed night,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Mags, praying for pain relief and that all goes well on Thursday.

Ade, I hope you are right. No bandage today so that is progress. Praying it stays that way and no more emergencies. Ade, I am sure much prayer went into your decision and praying that you will feel like you can get back to normal with no future problems.

Faith, continued prayers for allergy relief.

Joanne needs prayer for pain relief too.

Have a good day dear sisters. Praying for your needs.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited June 2017

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Love the sunsets Ade.