thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited June 2017

Hi all.

Pat is home and doing ok for now. We are able to communicate, and I still appreciate your prayers for her. I have no idea whether she is going to just let the cancer take its course, or what. She was in chemo for a year and it did nothing except make her sicker. The tumor is on her heart and aorta so there is no surgery. I know I have bad days, but my days are a piece of cake compared to hers. I tell you, my new prayer buddies, because I know you understand. I also have a cousin in the hospital right now who was dxd with bc 4 months ago who may not live through the week. In times like these all I can do is trust God to place His might arms around these sweet ladies and hold them tight. I have a great friend who said: He hurts when you hurt. He died – willingly – for you. That's how much He loves you.

Prayer: "I don't need to understand, Abba Father. Help me to trust and to rest in Your grace. Amen"

"We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thought." A.W. Tozer

Chris

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited June 2017

Chris, our prayers go up to the Father of mercies, that He may make His loving presence known to comfort Pat and your other friend. Jesus knows our suffering - for He experienced it fully on the cross and He is at the right hand of the Father interceding for us. May He grant these dear ladies His peace and comfort and the hope of all of eternity with Him. Thank you for the privilege to pray for them.

Blessings,

Adrienne

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2017

Good morning dear friends, I have been reading along and praying for your needs. Chris I am keeping your friend and your cousin in my prayers especially today. Nancy, I pray you will continue to recover from your surgery and get your strength back. Ade, I love your sunsets and I hope you are feeling better and are at peace with your decision to go off the AI. Those drugs can really play havoc with our bodies. Joanne, I am praying for your pain relief also.

I am still struggling a bit with my allergies, mornings are the worst but they seem to get better as the day goes on. My PCP has changed my BP medicine because of insurance issues so I'm praying this one works with no side effects. I have enough of those from other things.

As I was reading my prayers that I have bookmarked, I happened on one that spoke to me today as I'm feeling my allergies a lot right now. It's from Romans C 12, V12. God certainly sends us the right words when we need them.

"Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer".

Have a good day friends,

Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited June 2017

Chris, I am posting this banner for you and all who need to stay hopeful in the midst of so many trials and suffering. My good friend who suffered so much before passing mentioned this banner in particular that gave her hope. Funny how we remember such things. I am sure Pat and her family have some very difficult decisions to make and I am so sorry for this horrible situation. I pray also for your cousin and her family in their most difficult time.

There is another friend that is taking a break from our forum who has gone through such grief losing four of her young friends to bc just in the last several months. My prayers are for her as well.

We have discussed this before but we will never be able to fully understand suffering while on this earth. I do believe that when we get to heaven we will instantly have knowledge and understanding but now we have to put our complete trust in God. I have to tell myself over and over and over again that our faith is not based on our feelings. Thank God for that because my feelings and emotions can be all over the map in the course of an hour.

Jesus understood suffering like no man has ever or will endure. His suffering beside the obvious physical suffering was when God turned his eyes away from his own son when He bore all of our sins on the cross. God will never turn His back or his eyes on us because of the fact that he allowed His only son to die for us so that we can be redeemed.

Jesus is the one that can help us through these times as only He can. He has given us a community to lift us up as well and I pray that our little community here will have a mighty impact on those of you who need lifting up and who need prayer.

May God grant peace and comfort in the time of great suffering.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Good day everyone.

I wanted to share some good news. My surgeon was on vacation so I saw his PA yesterday and I have been released. Can you hear me singing???????????????????????? I have to wait until the antibiotics are finished tomorrow and then have been given the green light to resume swimming. I am still a bit hesitant and may wait until the long holiday weekend is over just to be safe as I was released to swim back in April after the first infection and I went swimming and the wound started seeping again.

I pray that you all can enjoy the festivities of the July 4th celebrations. Stay safe.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited June 2017

Nancy, yooo hoo! Congrats on being "released" (as in from jail?? Lol just kidding) I think it's a good idea to wait, I would make sure te wound is "dry" and has a layer of skin.

Me? I'm having a good week so far, the cough is mostly gone and the chemo did not hit me hard this time! Praise God!

Praying for each one here.

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2017

Yay Nancy! \○/ dancing in the spirit.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited June 2017

Answer to prayer...DD is finally seeking out medical intervention for her chronic depression.

She was hesitant to go for years, and now she will on meds and see a psychiatrist.

This was very hard for her...she hates getting her BP taken, shots, blood draws, the whole 9 yds as she also has major anxiety issues, too.

Please keep praying for her. Thank you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Lita, I hope that the intervention will be a great help to your daughter. I am glad she is facing her fear and getting some help. Will be praying that this will be a very big positive change for her.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Aurora, yes it feels like I am finally getting my life back on track. I did feel like a hostage. LOL I had terrible insomnia last night so really dragging tonight. I am so glad to hear that your SE were better this time around. When do you start on the CPAP device?

Yes, Jean, I am dancing in the spirit because I am too tired to really dance!

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited June 2017

Nancy, so happy to hear your good news that things are healing. I'm sure you can't wait to get back in the pool but you are smart to wait a few more days just to be sure.

Lita, good news about your daughter finally seeking help for depression. One of my children suffered with a lot of depression for years and it takes an awful toll on the whole family and especially now with your cancer, it's really tough for all of you.

Aurora, I'm also happy to hear you are having a good week.

Praise God for all these answered prayers.

Love and prayers,

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2017

Thank you Faith. Praying your allergies improve.

Lord, we thank you for answered prayers and rejoice in that this day.

Love

Nancy

• ade
    edited June 2017

SOOOO happy for you Nancy! Bet you'd be doing back flips if you could! :o) Praying that rascal will CONTINUE healing to completion - it's given you ENOUGH grief!

Lita - I pray the Lord uses your daughter's treatment to bring her to where He can touch her deeply with His loving kindness and healing.

Aurora - praising the Lord your chemo went better and cough isn't as bad.

We had friends over last night for dinner. James cleaned & I cooked an elaborate meal. Now we are both totally wasted today! That's pathetic - what a couple of weenies to feel like you're 99 instead of 66! We have a trip to Ohio planned over Christmas and I don't know how I/we will be able to keep up with the rest of the family who has plans to go & do a LOT of activities! Guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it & pray for God's strength. Thanking the Lord it has been a couple of months now since James' last fever bout though!

Blessings upon you all - especially our stage 4 sisters,

Ade

• auroaya
    edited June 2017

Thank you Ade and Nancy. I'm still waiting to hear from the company that makes the CPAP machine. I have an appointment with the pulmonologist and I'm assuming he'll know then for sure on the results from both the COAP study and the CT scan.

I might have spoken too soon. Today I've been having fatigue and nausea oh well it is what it is.

Prayers for all your needs.

Aurora

• intolight
    edited July 2017

Nancy, thank you for posting the banner for me. My cousin is still hanging on and can even sit up and talk occasionally which is an improvement and great for her kids. She has children still at home. I have not heard how long this will last...

I am still "down" from climbing the 4 flights of stairs yesterday and I am so mad about it. I thought I was doing better and could handle it just fine, but I was so wrong. I was barely able to handle the weekly grocery shopping today, and have spent most of the day on the recliner. I was officially terminated at work today and so I have been a little emotional also. I was still employed although on disability, but they only keep you for 3 months if the disability is permanent and my time is up. I keep fighting for normalcy but things sneak up on me from odd places. You all are right when you say things get better then bang...something else hits...it is more an avalanche than a roller coaster.

Everyone who is still working is my hero.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Happy July 4th weekend dear ladies.

Aurora, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing those SE's again esp. after thinking it was better. Praying for your upcoming apt to find out about your sleep study and device and for you to feel better.

Chris, I understand how frustrating it is when we can't do what we used to do. Glad to hear your cousin is rallying a little. I have really not done my usual swim routine for three months and I am wiped out at the littlest things and I understand how frustrating that is. Continued prayers for you.

Ade, no back flips from me today. I did some much needed yard work yesterday that didn't get finished before surgery. It was strenuous but not too heavy lifting. This morning this raised up place that my surgeon had to lance two weeks ago has resurfaced. I finished my last antibiotic yesterday morning. Tell me it AIN'T so!!!!

I would appreciated prayers for complete healing. I don't know how much more antibiotics my GI tract can handle as I started to have issues with them.

Have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend if that means curling up inside with a good book or movie for those not able to get out.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited July 2017

Nancy, I am praying and believing for complete healing of your annoying spot. I know God hears the prayers of our faithful friends.

I am attending our bimonthly theater play tonight with friends thankful I feel better, and then it is a quiet 4th at home. July will be busy for me with a kitchen remodel and car trip to Colorado. I am sure the kitchen remodel will be a nightmare and I am hoping most of it will be completed while I am gone. I am thankful for a busy life even in the midst of needed rest. Prayers for a safe and happy fourth for you all!

• auroaya
    edited July 2017

Nancy I know how hard it is not to be able to do everything we used to but I really think the only way to complete healing beside prayer is to REST.Father almighty there isn't anything that it's impossible for You please heal Nancy so she can continue to witness of your love. In Jesus Amen

Aurora

• lohoff
    lohoff Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2017

On June 26th, I went for my 6 month checkup with my surgeon, and she found new lumps in my left breast. I will be having a diagnostic mammogram on Monday and whatever other test they need me to have. Please pray that I will not have another cancer diagnosis. I am a nervous wreck over this. Sad

• intolight
    edited July 2017

Lohoff, I pray that God will touch you and that your mammogram will show no new active cancer. May He surround you with His love and give you peace and rest this weekend.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Lohoff, I am sorry that you find yourself in this situation. I pray that God will comfort you with His peace as only He can do. I know that the waiting is so hard. I pray that you will feel God's presence in this wait time. I am praying that these new lumps will be nothing cancerous. There are some mighty prayer warriors on this forum and you are not alone. We have ALL felt that fear and can sympathize what you are going through. Ask God to help you with this fear. Be honest and tell Him your feelings. We will be praying.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Thank you Chris and Aurora for your prayers and everyone who has prayed for me. Yes, Aurora, you are right. Rest is not easy for me to do especially when I feel like my body has already imprinted on my new Lazy Boy chair after many weeks off and on of resting. I was going to go to a prayer meeting tonight and opted to stay home and rest.

Have fun at your your play tonight, Chris. God has blessed us with many pleasant distractions as we press on in believing for our healing to be complete.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited July 2017

Lohoff sending prayers that this is nothing of concern and hugs of comfort for you. Lean on Him!

Aurora

• ade
    edited July 2017

IntoLight, Nancy and Lohoff - we are ALL praying for you! Hold onto the Lord with all you have. He has you on His hands and will never ever let you go. He is at work on your behalf even when things might look worse from our perspective. May His love, healing and peace enfold you.

Had a WONDERFUL day with friends in Fort Davis at the 4th of July event! Saw some gorgeous horses perform with ladies on side saddle dressed in old time cavalry officers wives costume, visited the vendors booths and was tempted with cool stuff, and picnicked in the shade of huge trees - with fire baked pizza, curly fries and funnel cake that was out of this world! And to top it off I found this little humming bird nest with babies in the tree right above us! Who could ask for more! (Yes I will pay for this adventure tomorrow - but so worth it!) Ade

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited July 2017

Received worfd from our local prayer chain.Please pray for a new sister just dx'd with stage 4 from the get go. It's in her liver, lungs, and the main artery leading to her heart. More details later. She just went home from hospital. She sings in our choir at church.

Demon Cancer!!!

• ade
    edited July 2017

Lita - lifting up prayers now. :o(

Ade

• auroaya
    edited July 2017

Prayers sent Lita .

Aurora

• faith-840
    edited July 2017

Dear friends, I've been readng and praying for all your needs but also praying that a cure will be found for this Demon Cancer as Lita so rightly calls it.. it's just everywhere and I keep hearing of new treatments but they can't come soon enough.

My allergies are still a problem but I have noticed I'm slightly better on the days when the mold, dust, tree and grass counts are low so that's something to hope for. However I'm going to see an ENT and maybe he can help me with my sinus pain and pressure without strong meds that make me even dizzier than all the other meds.

Into the light, please don't get discouraged about being so tired, that tiredness is a well know SE that I'm not sure ever gets a lot better. I'm on my 19th rd and I still have those days but they are somewhat fewer. I also don't know how anyone works full time while on this drug. I think it's a full time job just managing the cancer itself with appointments, eating healthy and doing research on everything that might help. I don't mean to sound so down, that happens to me when I don't sleep well like I haven't the last few nights. Things will look brighter tomorrow, I'm sure

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend everyone.

Hugs and prayers,

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Dear sisters,

I would appreciate your prayers. I am going to urgent care again today with this incision. It became quite painful yesterday and was looking bad. At 2 am it was bleeding and I could not get a bandage on myself so it was not a pretty sight when I got up today.

I am praying that this is not turning in to a bacteria that is resistant to antibiotics. They initially identified the bacteria but the treatment was really awful on my nervous system and messed up my thyroid meds.

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy