thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited July 2017

Nancy, I am praying that God will touch your incision and that the doctors will find a medicine that you can tolerate that will eradicate this bacteria and heal your wound. I lift up Nancy today in your name, Father, and pray for a special touch on her incision that will heal her completely.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited July 2017

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please help Nancy through tests, medications, and her urgent care appointment.

Please help her doctors, nurses, and medical assistants be kind and thoughtful. Please give them the wisdom and knowledge they need to heal her incision of this bacterial infection.

Amen.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited July 2017

Nancy, sent prayers for you earlier but here's my prayer now. Our father in heaven i pray that you put your healing hands on Nancy's wound. Give her doctors special wisdom to find the best medicine and give Nancy the strength and faith to see this through in your name Jesus Amen.

Aurora

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited July 2017

This may be totally from left field, but look up onion poultices on the internet. These are what our great grandmothers used b4 there were antibiotics.

I had a nasty staph infection years ago, and the antib's were wreaking havoc on my digestive system, so I used a raw onion poultice, and it started to clear up in a couple of days with minimal scarring.

You'll need lots of gauze and tape. Some people use cooked onions, but I found the raw onions to be more potent (slice them in thin strips and layer them on the wound). Don't leave it on too long because it can actually burn your skin a bit.

So many bacteria are resistant nowadays so people are going back to the "old school" stuff that hasn't been used in years, and it works for some.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2017

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry you are havingsuch problems again. How awful, you just can't catch a break with this. I am echoing all the prayers above and praying our Dear Lord will wrap His healing arms around you, in Jesus name I pray.

Love and many prayers,

Faith ( in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited July 2017

Thank you ALL for your prayers. It has been a trying day for sure. I thought for a time I was going to have antibiotics through an IV and then have to return in two days for a repeat performance. However the doctor didn't want to do that. He said they are harder on the GI tract than pills by mouth.

So I am back on the same AB I was on the time before the last one. It is for 10 days instead of 7. I pretty much knew this was coming. I am supposed to see my surgeon in a few days. Well that probably isn't going to happen with the holiday week. The doctor did mention that the surgeon may have to go in and redo the surgery. That is my biggest dread. Please pray I can tolerate the AB and that it will kick this thing to the curb for good.

Can you believe my pharmacy rejected this script that they just paid for 14 days ago. Remember when I said I was working on not letting things steal my joy. Believe me, I have had many opportunities to exercise that this weekend. They did finally pay for it!!!!! Thank you Lord.

Lita, I have very sensitive skin and this is in a place I already have to have my neighbor change bandages so I doubt if that would work. If I could reach the place I would be curious but I can't eat onions because of my GI tract and my skin is very sensitive. I know some of those old cures do work.

This has been a difficult emotional ride as you can imagine. You gear up for major surgeries and expect a long recovery but who would ever think a cyst could drag on for over three months and still be a problem.

God knows what He is doing and I am trusting him to work good from all of this chaos.

Take care dear sisters. I have still been praying for you. I appreciate your prayers and concern more than you know.

Love,

Nancy

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited July 2017

I'm also having an issue with an antibiotic resistant bacterial infection, it's in the left implant post that was placed 10 days ago, I had one round of AB and am now on a second round, double strength. Some research showed another old time trick; it appears that the essential oils in original Listerine help break down the biofilm of AB-resistant bacteria, so I am now bathing the post in Listerine as well as the chlorhexedrine rinse prescribed. After one day, I can feel a difference.

Last night we were blessed to go to an Independence Day celebration at our church called God Bless America - America Bless God. Amazing worship led by Sandi Patty, her husband, daughter, son, and daughter-in-law, a group called Veritas, 160 voice choir (with my cousin) and orchestra. Our church had prepared medals of appreciation for all the military men and women, both currently serving and veterans, and all of them were invited up front to receive them. Literally hundreds of men and women, as the choir sang their service branch anthems, flooded the stage. It was awe inspiring, especially seeing my own DH receive his medal. He brought it home and added it to the wall in his office. What an evening! Including Sandi singing her amazing rendition of the national anthem, a Medal of Honor recipient, and a video greeting from our junior Senator. I tried to capture a bit:

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Ade, loved your cute hummingbird pic. What a great day you had! Hope you have many more like that.

Mags, I knew you had your surgery on Thursday and have been praying for you. I hope you second round of AB and your listerine trick does the job. How fortunate to have Sandi Patty in your church. What a blessing.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited July 2017

Our newspaper did a write up on our Sunday night event

God Bless America, America Bless God

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

I thought this might be an appropriate banner after a typically very noisy 4th!

Rest in the peace of this day.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited July 2017

Good evening everyone, I've been absent a few days but have been thinking of all of you and praying daily. I hope things are ok for all of you. Nancy, I pray your infection is starting to clear up. I finally saw an ENT for my allergy/sinus issues and a CAT scan showed a chronic sinus infection so I will be starting an AB tomorrow when I pick it up. I sure hope this is the answer I've been looking for.

Thank you for the beautiful banner of psalm 23:2. Still waters always are very calming to me and I'm sure for most.

Have a restful peaceful night all.

Love and prayers,

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Faith,

I am glad you got a dx after all of the problems. Praying your AB will knock it out quickly. I have not felt very good and I think the many days of AB are getting to me.

Praying for all of you. Have a good night.

Love

Nancy

• Lita57
    edited July 2017

Nancy, are you taking probiotics? When I'm on ABs, I have to take them or else my digestive tract gives me constant grief.

Makes me wonder if the surgeon botched the job. You shouldn't be going thru this much suffering after all these weeks.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Lita, I have been on probiotics for years. When I was diagnosed with post infectious IBS last July I have been using two different probiotics simultaneously.

My surgeon is one of the best in the area. I give him a lot of credit because as he was sewing me up I was going to be sick and laying on my stomach and probably was doing a fair amount of moving as I was so sick. It has been a very unfortunate situation that I am asking God what He wants me to learn out of this ongoing trial.

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

• intolight
    edited July 2017

JO. thanks for your post. I will pray that your rash will disappear and you will have a peaceful weekend.

I have a little swelling on the inside of my elbow today. Swollen lymph? It hurts to the touch but a warm compress has helped. So many stupid things that happen with this stupid disease. Rashes, swollen things, and on and on...I am so thankful to know God understands and walks with me. How do you to through this without Him?!!!

• Lita57
    edited July 2017

Prayers going out to all you dear ladies.

Please continue to pray for Bert. She has Stage 4 kidney cancer. Just Dx'd last week. Not looking good. It's in lungs, liver, and vena cava (main artery to the heart). She is in a LOT of pain. On a scale of 1-10, she said it's a 12. She has trouble breathing now and has a lot of pressure in the abdomen from the growing tumors. They can't resect the tumors...they're too big. She's on full morphine.

We pray for relief of pain and for God's healing power. She sings in our choir and is often a soloist. She will start palliative chemo next week. We know there is no cure, but we pray for a return of mobility and some quality of life to be restored.

In Jesus' name, amen.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited July 2017

Wishing all here a blessed Sunday. Praying as I read. I am trying to trust Him in the little challenges. Having trouble sleeping, went swimming with phone in pocket and had to order a new one, light in fridge not working, grandson very frustrated about no job, hose broke and much water drained put of pool and etc... My whole family was up for a BBQ yesterday. I am grateful for them. Also for a new group of ladies I've been invited to be part of. It's been years since I've had a group of Christian lady friends. So beautiful. Please pray for my grandson Bob to have a real relationship with Jesus. I shared wit him yesterday that God wants him to start praying for a job and not just rely on my prayers but come to Him himself. Love you all, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Joanne, thanks for the encouraging banners. Praying for your needs and family's.

Praise God I am making it to church today in spite of a very short night.

I will check in later but I wanted to just post this gem that I heard yesterday from a teaching.

We should know the miracles of God but it is more important to know the God of miracles.

Have a good day dear sisters. I will be praying for the needs mentioned from Chris, Lita and Jean and of course for everyone on this forum. Yes, I do have a list.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2017

Good afternoon, sisters;

I wanted to share two things with you. My husband and I just got home from a road trip to Williamsburg, VA, and while riding, I heard a song that I feel led to share with you all. The lyrics are so appropriate for all of us here, both with the illness we all have faced, as well as the many trials in life we have been through that are not cancer related. I'm not very proficient with "cut and paste" so if you google You Tube, "I Choose to Believe" by Phillips,Craig and Dean, you can read the lyrics as well as listen to the beauty of their music. My sister in law found great comfort in listening to it following the sudden death of her husband....it has played in my own head a number of times in the last seven years. Hearing it today again was a reminder of 2 Corinthians 1:3,4 which I try to remember daily

The other thing I wanted to share is that my husband has been asked (by congregation vote) to be the pastor of a church we have been a part of for the last several months. As some of you know, we left our former church in May of 2016. It was difficult, but we both felt the Lord was telling us that it was time to go. He preached at several churches for friends when they were on vacation, and a few times at churches that were looking for pastors (by invitation.) It has been hard to wait on God's timing, but He had the right place for us all the time. Many thanks for the prayers that have been prayed for us and for God's will .

As for our trip, it was great. Hot, but a very enjoyable time. So glad I waited until after hip surgery to go. The tours of Colonial Williamsburg involve lots of walking and stairs, and all I needed was some rest and an Aleve to keep going! Praising God for His provision for us to go and safety (an 18 wheeler blew a tire in front of us on the way there so Clyde had to do some obstacle course driving) during our time. I'm leaving tomorrow for a Minister Wives conference until Wednesday. Jean, having those Christian ladies to interact with is indeed a blessing. These Ministers Wives are a group who are so special as well as my Bible Study group that starts back in September. Hoping to find that in our new church too.

Having some issues typing on here so I'll close. May God give all of you whatever you need...peace of mind and spirit, healing, freedom from pain, restoration of family, and anything else.

Love, Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Congratulations to Ellen and Clyde on their new church. Glad you made it home safely. I am posting that video for you. I think this is probably the one you meant. I had never heard this before. The lyrics are great! Thanks for sharing that, Ellen.

Well I am getting ready for a very LONG afternoon nap after a very SHORT night. Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Good morning ladies,

Praying that this new week holds promise and blessings for all of us. I am taking a step of faith and returning to a retiree breakfast group this morning that I haven't been to in months. I need to get some strength back and this is a step towards that. My incision is improving so I would ask prayer that this is the final end to the antibiotics on Thursday and that when I see my surgeon tomorrow he will say it looks great. I have heard that twice before so if the incision continues to look good after I finish the AB then I will feel like this drama is OVER.

Faith, have you felt any relief from sinus issues after being on AB for a few days. I sure hope so.

Chris, I would have your arm checked out by someone on your medical team. I had suspected lymphedema in my arm and had to have LE therapy. After weeks of therapy it was still undetermined if I had it but just the education I got and the importance of wearing a LE sleeve and glove was worth it during certain times was very helpful.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited July 2017

Nancy and Jo, I went to the Dr and she suspected a blood clot so she sent me for a DVT test. It was negative (my numbers were low) and I have no fever. If it is lymphedema, it is not a result of surgery since I have not had any. I don't have a lot of faith in the DR who saw me today as my own Dr is away on vacation, and she clearly had no idea about my regimen or the potential ses since she is not on my team. So I am watching it closely ready to call my onc if necessary, again. One possibility is that It could be a cancer tumor blocking the lymph since my cancer was originally found in the lymph nodes in the same arm. At any rate, I have a PET scan already scheduled in 3 weeks so we will see then. In the meantime, I plan on taking a road trip with my family and to Colorado for 10 days and I pray this will not interrupt my trip, but I do appreciate the prayers.

• Lita57
    edited July 2017

Praying that you have great trip, Into.

• faith-840
    edited July 2017

Nancy, praying your doctor visit is a good one and this is the end of your AB. They really are tough to deal with. I'm not sure if they are helping me or not, maybe it's not an infection after all. So, I'm still dealing with sinus issues and now to add insult to injury, I woke up with a very sore back yesterday . Using ice and seeing the back doc tomorrow.

Into, have a good trip and keep an eye on that possible lymphedema as Nancy said. It can be tricky, you never know when things will flare.

Keeping all of you in prayer and praying for better days for all of us.

Love and prayers, Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Dear ladies of faith,

I will be leaving for my doctor shortly so need to type fast.

Chris, praying this concern will be nothing serious and that you can have a wonderful time on your road trip to CO and that it will be a very pleasant distraction and that you will have energy and that the joy of the Lord will be your strength.

Faith, I sure hope you can get some sinus relief. I do your your AB will knock out what ever is causing so much problem for you.

Ade, are you okay? We've missed your beautiful pics. Hope you are feeling good.

Take care dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

As I was sitting in the waiting room today my back started hurting. Faith, i realized then you had mentioned seeing a doctor tomorrow for your back and that jostled my memory. I am sure I will be fine. I sure hope yours will be.

My surgeon said that he really believed that this is the end of my incision troubles. I figured he would say that. I am trusting that this time he is right!

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2017

Dear sisters,

I am praying for all of you. Praying those in active treatments are managing SE's.

Faith, I hope you get some relief from your back and the doctor will have some solutions. Praying your sinuses improve after the AB.

Weather is hot and rainy here and I suspect it is hot where many of you are as well. Day to stay inside and do some cleaning.

Love,
    Nancy

• intolight
    edited July 2017

Nancy, yay...I hope! So glad you are healing.

After seeing 2 different doctors, (neither of which was my original) having a dvt test, an arm xray, and an ultrasound, they still are not sure why my arm is swollen and hurting. The best guess from the Drs is cellulitis so they have put me on antibiotics. It is good to rule out a blood clot anyway! I have a PET scan scheduled in 3 weeks so that should help if I am still having trouble. In the meantime, they all told me to go on my trip and see a Dr in Colorado if I need to since they have Kaiser there. I plan on leaving all of this mess behind and enjoying the time with family. Talk to you all when I return.

Blessings,

Chris